Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Twelve guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright
SG: Danny Green, C.J. Miles, Malachi Richardson
SF: Kawhi Leonard, OG Anunoby, Norman Powell, Alfonzo McKinnie
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam
C: Jonas Valanciunas
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Lucas Nogueira (RFA, $8,841,915, full Bird)
- Nando De Colo (RFA, $1,901,900, early Bird)
- Lorenzo Brown ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jason Thompson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Nando De Colo* (RFA, $1,901,900, early Bird)
- Jason Thompson* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Malcolm Miller (two-way, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
- Trade Exception (Bruno Caboclo, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,451,225
- Trade Exception (Jakob Poeltl, expiring 7/18/19) — $2,947,320
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,337,000
Waived Players: Alfonzo McKinnie
Traded Players: DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to two TBD second-rounders) to San Antonio Spurs (Kawhi Leonard).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 9/18/18 — No-package restrictions lift on Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on OG Anunoby, Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Fred VanVleet.
- 2/8/19 — Bruno Caboclo trade exception expires.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Alfonzo McKinnie and Delon Wright.
- 6/29/19 — Player options on C.J. Miles and Kawhi Leonard.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/11/18 — Fired Coach Dwayne Casey.
- 6/12/18 — Hired Coach Nick Nurse.
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Fred VanVleet, Malcolm Miller and Nando De Colo.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year $18,110,010 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Malcolm Miller.
- 7/18/18 — Traded DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-rounder to San Antonio Spurs for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/18)