Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Jared Sullinger, expiring 2/23/18) — $328,000
- Trade Exception (DeMarre Carroll, expiring 7/13/18) — $11,800,000
- Trade Exception (Cory Joseph, expiring 7/14/18) — $7,630,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $469,491 (C.J. Miles)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson* ($1,471,382)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- K.J. McDaniels $1,524,305 ($100,000 guaranteed)
- Kyle Wiltjer $1,312,611
- Kennedy Meeks $815,615
- Alfonzo McKinnie $815,615 ($100,000 guaranteed)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell, K.J. McDaniels
SF: C.J. Miles, Bruno Caboclo, OG Anunoby, Alfonzo McKinnie
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Wiltjer
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Lucas Nogueira, Jakob Poeltl, Kennedy Meeks
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Dan Tolzman general manager, Jerry Stackhouse coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Lorenzo Brown (one-year), Malcolm Miller (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016-17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Rex Kalamian, Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2023, otherwise converts to a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder) from Toronto Raptors (DeMarre Carroll)
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/17/17 — Extension deadline on Lucas Nogueira and Bruno Caboclo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on K.J. McDaniels, Kyle Wiltjer, C.J. Miles, Alfonzo McKinnie and Kennedy Meeks.
- 1/10/18 — K.J. McDaniel’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Kyle Wiltjer’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 – Alfonzo McKinnie and Kennedy Meeks’ 815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Serge Ibaka and Kyle Lowry.
- 2/23/18 — Jared Sullinger trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira, Kennedy Meeks, Bruno Caboclo, Fred VanVleet and Norman Powell.
- 7/13/18 — DeMarre Carroll trade exception expires.
- 7/14/18 — Cory Joseph trade exception expires.
- 7/20/18 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on OG Anunoby, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Alfonzo McKinnie and Delon Wright.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on C.J. Miles.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/17 — Kyle Lowry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/25/17 — Received a 2018 second-rounder from Orlando Magic (or Los Angeles Lakers) for Jeff Weltman.
- 6/9/17 — Renounced the rights to DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted O G Anunoby (23rd).
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 6/29/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nando De Colo.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed OG Anunoby (2017-23rd) to a $9,751,915 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Serge Ibaka to a three-year, $65.0 million contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a three-year, $99,999,999 contract with unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 7/13/17 — Traded DeMarre Carroll, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Justin Hamilton.
- 7/14/17 — Traded Cory Joseph to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th).
- 7/18/17 — Signed C.J. Miles to a three-year, $25.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Kennedy Meeks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/20/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a one-year, two-way contract,
- 8/15/17 — Signed Kyle Wiltjer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,312,611 summer contract.
- 8/21/17 — Signed K.J. McDaniel to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,524,305 contract.
Waived Players: Justin Hamilton (stretched)
Traded Players: DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/17)