Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Trade Exception (Jared Sullinger, expiring 2/23/18) — $328,000
- Trade Exception (DeMarre Carroll, expiring 7/13/18) — $11,800,000
- Trade Exception (Cory Joseph, expiring 7/14/18) — $6,125,440
- Trade Exception (Bruno Caboclo, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,451,225
- Mid-Level Exception: $469,491 (C.J. Miles)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Lorenzo Brown (two-way)
SG: DeMar DeRozan, C.J. Miles, Malachi Richardson
SF: OG Anunoby, Norman Powell, Alfonzo McKinnie, Malcolm Miller (two-way)
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Lucas Nogueira, Jakob Poeltl
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Dan Tolzman general manager, Jerry Stackhouse coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Lorenzo Brown (one-year), Malcolm Miller (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016-17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Rex Kalamian, Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2023, otherwise converts to a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder) to Brooklyn Nets (DeMarre Carroll)
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 2/23/18 — Jared Sullinger trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira and Fred VanVleet.
- 7/13/18 — DeMarre Carroll trade exception expires.
- 7/14/18 — Cory Joseph trade exception expires.
- 7/20/18 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on OG Anunoby, Malachi Richardson, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 2/8/19 — Bruno Caboclo trade exception expires.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Alfonzo McKinnie and Delon Wright.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on C.J. Miles.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Jakob Poeltl, Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Jakob Poeltl, Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/8/17 — Kyle Lowry opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 5/25/17 — Received a 2018 second-rounder from Orlando Magic (or Los Angeles Lakers) for Jeff Weltman.
- 6/9/17 — Renounced the rights to DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted O G Anunoby (23rd).
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 6/29/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nando De Colo.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Alfonzo McKinnie to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed OG Anunoby (2017-23rd) to a $9,751,915 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Serge Ibaka to a three-year, $65.0 million contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a three-year, $99,999,999 contract with unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 7/13/17 — Traded DeMarre Carroll, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Justin Hamilton.
- 7/14/17 — Traded Cory Joseph to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th).
- 7/18/17 — Signed C.J. Miles to a three-year, $25.0 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Kennedy Meeks to a one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 7/20/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a one-year, two-way contract,
- 8/15/17 — Signed Kyle Wiltjer to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,312,611 summer contract.
- 8/21/17 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,524,305 contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Andy Rautins to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Norman Powell to a four-year, $41,965,056 extension, player option on final season.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Davion Berry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/16/17 — Picked up team options on Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 1/10/18 — Alfonzo McKinnie’s $815,615 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lifted on Serge Ibaka and Kyle Lowry.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Bruno Caboclo to Sacramento Kings for Malachi Richardson.
Waived Players: Justin Hamilton (stretched), Kyle Wiltjer, Andy Rautins, K.J. McDaniels, Kennedy Meeks, Davion Berry
Traded Players: DeMarre Carroll, Cory Joseph, Bruno Caboclo
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (RFA, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson* ($1,471,382)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/23/18)