Toronto Raptors Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-20.8 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: 10 guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Jakob Poeltl (9th, cap hold $2,253,300), Pascal Siakam (27th, cap hold $2,253,300)
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
- Bird: DeMar DeRozan
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (restricted), James Johnson
- Non-Bird: Luis Scola, Jason Thompson, Bismack Biyombo
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
Qualifying Offers: Nando De Colo ($1,828,750)
PG: Kyle Lowry, Cory Joseph, Delon Wright
SG: Norman Powell, Terrence Ross
SF: DeMarre Carroll
PF: Patrick Patterson, Bruno Caboclo
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Lucas Nogueira
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Lucas Nogueira ($2,947,305), Bruno Caboclo ($2,451,225), Delon Wright ($1,645,200)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Nando De Colo.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Delon Wright.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure DeMar DeRozan’s contract (provided he opts in).
- Earlier of three days before 2017 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s final game — Player option on Kyle Lowry.
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Lucas Nogueira and Bruno Caboclo.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Delon Wright.
- Earlier of two days before 2018 NBA Draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Cory Joseph.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Norman Powell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/2/16 — Signed Dwane Casey to an estimated three-year, $18 million extension.
- 6/3/16 — Bismack Biyombo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jakob Poeltl (9th, from Denver Nuggets) and Pascal Siakam (27th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Rex Kalamian, Andy Greer, Jerry Stackhouse
Trainer: Scott McCullough
- Masai Ujiri — President & General Manager
- Jeff Weltman — Executive Vice President
- Teresa Resch — Vice President of Basketball Operations and Player Development
- Dan Tolzman — Director, Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Linas Kleiza.
D-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (General Manager Dan Tolzman, Head Coach Jesse Mermuys)
- Nando De Colo — $1,901,900 (Early Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)