- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
- Top Prospects of adidas Nations
Toronto Raptors Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross
- Mid-Level: $2,805,000 (James Johnson)
- Bi-Annual: $2,077,000
- Trade Exception (Rudy Gay, expiring 12/9/14) — $4,583,432
- Trade Exception (John Salmons, expiring 6/30/15) — $2,358,000
- Trade Exception (Steve Novak, expiring 7/10/15) — $3,445,947
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, Will Cherry
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Lou Williams, Jordan Hamilton
SF: Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, James Johnson
PF: Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Bruno Caboclo
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Tyler Hansbrough, Chuck Hayes, Lucas Nogueira
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
- Masai Ujiri — President & General Manager
- Jeff Weltman — Executive Vice President
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Lou Williams)
- 2016 — Owed a first-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani) — the lower pick between New York and Denver (Carmelo Anthony)
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Jerry Stackhouse). Pick could go to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Bruno Caboclo (20th), DeAndre Daniels (37th) and Xavier Thames (59th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th).
- 6/28/14 — Gave qualifying offers to Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Nando De Colo.
- 6/30/14 — Traded John Salmons and a 2015 second-rounder for Lou Williams and the rights to Lucas Nogueira.
- 7/9/14 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a $7.0 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/14 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a four-year, $48 million contract (last season player option).
- 7/10/14 — Traded Steve Novak and a 2017 second-rounder (from New York Knicks) to the Utah Jazz for Diante Garrett.
- 7/11/14 — Signed Patrick Patterson to a three-year, $18.2 million contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Greivis Vasquez to a two-year, $13.0 million contract.
- 7/15/14 — Signed James Johnson to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/30/14 — Signed Lucas Nogueira to an $8.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/30/14 — Signed Will Cherry to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/15/14 — Signed Jordan Hamilton to a partially-guaranteed $915k minimum contract.
Waived Players: Julyan Stone, Dwight Buycks, Diante Garrett
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Mickael Pietrus*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Second-Round Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), Tomislav Zubic (2012-56th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Linas Kleiza.
Nando De Colo –Early Bird Rights – $1,901,900
Mickael Pietrus — Non-Bird — $925,243
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/14)