Toronto Raptors Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $21.1 million
- Trade Exception (Jared Sullinger 2/23/18) — $328,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jared Sullinger)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Cory Joseph, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Kyle Lowry (injured)
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell
SF: DeMarre Carroll, P.J. Tucker, Bruno Caboclo
PF: Serge Ibaka, Pascal Siakam, Patrick Patterson
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Lucas Nogueira, Jakob Poeltl
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/19/17 or seven days after team’s final game — Player option on Kyle Lowry.
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1,471,382 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/20/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Lucas Nogueira and Bruno Caboclo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 2/23/18 — Jared Sullinger trade exception expires.
- Earlier of two days before 2018 NBA Draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Cory Joseph.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo, Fred VanVleet and Norman Powell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 6/29/20 — Estimated player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/2/16 — Signed Dwane Casey to an estimated three-year, $18 million extension.
- 6/3/16 — Bismack Biyombo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jakob Poeltl (9th, from Denver Nuggets) and Pascal Siakam (27th)
- 6/30/16 — Issued qualifying offer for Nando De Colo.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jared Sullinger to a one-year, $5.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeMar DeRozan to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Jakob Poeltl (2016-9th) to a $12.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Pascal Siakam (2016-27th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/16 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000).
- 7/26/16 — Signed Jarrod Uthoff to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract ($50,000)
- 8/10/16 — Signed Yanick Moreira to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 8/10/16 — Signed Drew Crawford to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/7/16 — Signed E.J. Singler to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000).
- 9/20/16 — Signed Brady Heslip to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($56,500).
- 10/1/16 — Qualifying offer to Nando De Colo expired.
- 10/23/16 — Picked up team options on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Delon Wright.
- 1/10/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/14/17 — Traded Terrence Ross and a protected 2017 first-rounder to Orlando Magic for Serge Ibaka.
- 2/23/14 — Traded Jared Sullinger, two second-rounders and $1 million to Phoenix Suns for P.J. Tucker.
Waived Players: Drew Crawford, Brady Heslip, E.J. Singler, Jarrod Uthoff, Yanick Moreira
Traded Players: Terrence Ross, Jared Sullinger
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016-17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Rex Kalamian, Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Jeff Weltman — general manager
- Bobby Webster — assistant general manager/vice-president basketball strategy
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Dan Tolzman — director, player personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
- 2017 — Owe lower first-rounder between Los Angeles Clippers and own selection (top-10 protected through 2017, top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2022 and 2023) to Orlando Magic (Serge Ibaka).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (restricted, $1,901,900 cap hold)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson ($980,431 cap hold)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $1 million to Phoenix Suns (P.J. Tucker)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Dan Tolzman general manager, Jerry Stackhouse coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/7/17)