Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $21.8 million, none with Marc Gasol or Kawhi Leonard.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two player options, two non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Jordan Loyd (two-way)
SG: Norman Powell
SF: OG Anunoby, Malcom Miller
PF: Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher
C: Serge Ibaka
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jakob Poeltl, expiring 7/18/19) — $2,947,320
- Trade Exception (Malachi Richardson, expiring 2/6/20) — $1,569,360
- Trade Exception (Delon Wright, expiring 2/7/20) — $2,536,898
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,512,601
- Chris Boucher $1,588,231 ($125,000)
- Malcolm Miller $1,588,231
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Kawhi Leonard (PO), Marc Gasol (PO), Danny Green ($15,000,000), Lucas Nogueira** ($8,841,915)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo** (RFA*, $1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Patrick McCaw (RFA*, $1,876,700), Jeremy Lin ($1,618,486), Jodie Meeks ($1,618,486), Eric Moreland ($1,618,486), Jason Thompson** ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
**Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
2019 Draft Picks: 59th; Own 29th to the San Antonio Spurs
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jordan Loyd
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Nate Bjorkgren, Phil Handy, Eric Khoury, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 from the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe); $110,000 from the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson) — $5,023,000 remaining
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Patrick McCaw.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception expires.
- 7/24/19 — Malcolm Miller’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Pascal Siakam.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Chris Boucher’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 2/6/20 — Malachi Richardson trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Greg Monroe and Delon Wright trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)