Toronto Raptors Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): Up to $12.7 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jared Sullinger)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo* (restricted, $1,901,900 cap hold)
- Non-Bird: Jason Thompson ($980,431 cap hold)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Fred VanVleet ($543,471 — $50,000 guaranteed)
Qualifying Offers: Nando De Colo ($1,828,750)
PG: Kyle Lowry, Cory Joseph, Delon Wright, Fred VanVleet
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Norman Powell
SF: DeMarre Carroll, Terrence Ross, Bruno Caboclo
PF: Patrick Patterson, Jared Sullinger, Pascal Siakam
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Jakob Poeltl, Lucas Nogueira
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Lucas Nogueira ($2,947,305), Bruno Caboclo ($2,451,225), Delon Wright ($1,645,200)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 8/8/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo and Delon Wright.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jared Sullinger and Fred VanVleet.
- 1/10/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on DeMar DeRozan.
- Earlier of three days before 2017 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s final game — Player option on Kyle Lowry.
- 6/29/17 — Norman Powell’s $1.0 million guarantees for 2017/18.
- 7/20/17 — Fred VanVleet’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Lucas Nogueira and Bruno Caboclo.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- Earlier of two days before 2018 NBA Draft or two days after NBA Finals — Player option on Cory Joseph.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lucas Nogueira, Bruno Caboclo, Fred VanVleet and Norman Powell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
- 6/29/20 — Estimated player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jakob Poeltl and Pascal Siakam.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/2/16 — Signed Dwane Casey to an estimated three-year, $18 million extension.
- 6/3/16 — Bismack Biyombo opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jakob Poeltl (9th, from Denver Nuggets) and Pascal Siakam (27th)
- 6/30/16 — Issued qualifying offer for Nando De Colo.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jared Sullinger to a one-year, $5.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeMar DeRozan to a five-year, $137.5 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Jakob Poeltl (2016-9th) to a $12.2 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Pascal Siakam (2016-27th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/16 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year, partially-guaranteeed $1.4 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season; signed a three-year extension in June 2016)
Assistants: Nick Nurse, Jama Mahlalela, Rex Kalamian, Andy Greer, Jerry Stackhouse
Trainer: Scott McCullough
- Masai Ujiri — President & General Manager
- Jeff Weltman — Executive Vice President
- Teresa Resch — Vice President of Basketball Operations and Player Development
- Dan Tolzman — Director, Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2019, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jared Dudley, Greivis Vasquez).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Linas Kleiza.
D-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (General Manager Dan Tolzman)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)