Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Stanley Johnson signing.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($116 million cap): Up to $23.6 million in cap space, less if Stanley Johnson opts in.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kyle Lowry, Shamorie (two-way)
SG: Fred VanVleet, Norman Powell, Patrick McCaw, Matt Thomas
SF: OG Anunoby, Terence Davis, Stanley Johnson, Malcolm Miller
PF: Pascal Siakam, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Chris Boucher, Oshae Brissett (two-way)
C: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Dewan Hernandez
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Malachi Richardson, expiring 2/6/20) — $1,569,360
- Trade Exception (Delon Wright, expiring 2/7/20) — $2,536,898
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,512,601
- Mid-Level Exception — $961,380 (Patrick McCaw, Dewan Hernandez, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Matt Thomas)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Stanley Johnson)
- Dewan Hernandez $898,310 ($500,000 guaranteed)
Waived Players: Jordan Loyd (two-way), Sagaba Konate, Matt Morgan, Tyler Ennis, Cameron Payne, Devin Robinson, Isaiah Taylor, Shamorie Ponds
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Oshae Brissett, Shamorie Ponds (two years)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Nate Bjorkgren, Jon Goodwillie, Brittni Donaldson, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann, John Corbacio (head video coordinator/assistant coach), Tyler Marsh (assistant video coordinator/player development coach), Fabulous Flournoy (assistant video coordinator/player development coach), Mark Tyndale (assistant video coordinator/player development coach)
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/21/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Shamorie Ponds.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Patrick McCaw, Matt Thomas, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Stanley Johnson and Terence Davis.
- 1/10/20 — Dewan Hernandez’s $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Malachi Richardson trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Greg Monroe and Delon Wright trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher.
- 7/1/20 — Terence Davis and Dewan Hernandez’s $1,517,981 guarantee for 2020-21.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 1/10/21 — Matt Thomas’ $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on OG Anunoby and Terence Davis.
- 7/1/21 — Dewan Hernandez’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/10/22 — Matt Thomas’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Dewan Hernandez and Matt Thomas.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Dewan Hernandez (59th).
- 6/21/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Patrick McCaw and Nando De Colo.
- 6/23/19 — Kawhi Leonard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/26/19 — Marc Gasol opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Patrick McCaw to a two-year $8 million contract.
- 7/1019 — Signed Stanley Johnson to a two-year $7,427,150, player option on final season.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Terence Davis to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,416,291.
- 7/12/19 — Signed Dewan Hernandez (2019-59th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a $2.5 million contract.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception ($2,947,320) expired.
- 7/18/19 — Signed Matt Thomas to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/20/19 — Signed Oshae Brissett to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/20/19 — Signed Sagaba Konate to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/22/19 — Signed Devin Robinson to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 7/24/19 — Signed Cameron Payne to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,080,713 minimum summer contract.
- 8/2/19 — Waived Jordan Loyd (two-way).
- 9/19/19 — Signed Isaiah Taylor to a non/partially-guaranteed two-year $3,383,360 minimum contract.
- 10/4/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on OG Anunoby.
- 10/13/19 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a one-year $30,500,000 extension.
- 10/16/19 — Waived Sagaba Konate.
- 10/17/19 — Signed Matt Morgan to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Waived Matt Morgan.
- 10/19/19 — Signed Tyler Ennis to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Tyler Ennis, Cameron Payne and Devin Robinson.
- 10/20/19 — Waived Isaiah Taylor.
- 10/21/19 — Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher’s $1,588,231 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 10/21/19 — Signed Pascal Siakam to a $129,920,000 maximum rookie-scale extension.
- 10/21/19 — Converted Oshae Brissett to a two-way contract.
- 10/22/19 — Signed Shamorie Ponds to a two-year two-way contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Pascal Siakam $26,454,367
Note: Expires 7/1/20.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Lucas Nogueira** ($8,841,915)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo** ($1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jeremy Lin ($1,618,486), Jodie Meeks ($1,620,564)
**Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/4/19)