Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Stanley Johnson signing.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): Up to $82.1 million in cap space (including the Pascal Siakam cap hold).
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Cameron Payne
SG: Norman Powell, Patrick McCaw, Terence Davis, Matt Thomas
SF: OG Anunoby, Stanley Johnson, Malcolm Miller, Devin Robinson
PF: Pascal Siakam, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Chris Boucher, OShea Brissett, Sagaba Konate
C: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka, Dewan Hernandez
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Malachi Richardson, expiring 2/6/20) — $1,569,360
- Trade Exception (Delon Wright, expiring 2/7/20) — $2,536,898
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,512,601
- Mid-Level Exception — $961,380 (Patrick McCaw, Dewan Hernandez, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Matt Thomas)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Stanley Johnson)
- Cameron Payne $1,737,145 ($150,000 guaranteed)
- Devin Robinson $1,620,564
- Chris Boucher $1,588,231 ($125,000)
- Malcolm Miller $1,588,231 ($150,000 guaranteed)
- Dewan Hernandez $898,310 ($500,000 guaranteed)
- Sagaba Konate $898,310
- OShea Brissett $898,310
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Lucas Nogueira** ($8,841,915)
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo** ($1,901,900)
- Non-Bird: Jeremy Lin ($1,618,486), Jodie Meeks ($1,620,564), Eric Moreland ($1,618,486)
**Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Waived Players: Jordan Loyd (two-way)
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Nate Bjorkgren, Phil Handy, Eric Khoury, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Pascal Siakam.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Chris Boucher’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Patrick McCaw, Devin Robinson, Sagaba Konate, Cameron Payne, Matt Thomas, OShea Brissett, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Stanley Johnson and Terence Davis.
- 1/10/20 — Cameron Payne’s $1,737,145 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Devin Robinson’s $1,620,564 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Malcolm Miller’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Sagaba Konate, OShea Brissett and Dewan Hernandez’s $898,310 guarantee for 2019-20.
- 2/6/20 — Malachi Richardson trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Greg Monroe and Delon Wright trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Stanley Johnson.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Devin Robinson, Sagaba Konate, OShea Brissett, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher.
- 7/1/20 — Terence Davis and Dewan Hernandez’s $1,517,981 guarantee for 2020-21.
- 7/3/20 — Cameron Payne’s $1,977,011 guarantees for 2020-21.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 1/10/21 — Matt Thomas’ $1,517,981 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on OG Anunoby and Terence Davis.
- 7/1/21 — Dewan Hernandez’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/10/22 — Matt Thomas’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Dewan Hernandez and Matt Thomas.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Dewan Hernandez (59th).
- 6/21/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Patrick McCaw and Nando De Colo.
- 6/23/19 — Kawhi Leonard opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/26/19 — Marc Gasol opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Patrick McCaw to a two-year $8 million contract.
- 7/1019 — Signed Stanley Johnson to a two-year $7,427,150, player option on final season.
- 7/10/19 — Signed Terence Davis to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,416,291.
- 7/12/19 — Signed Dewan Hernandez (2019-59th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a $2.5 million contract.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception ($2,947,320) expired.
- 7/18/19 — Signed Matt Thomas to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 minimum contract.
- 7/20/19 — Signed OShea Brissett to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/20/19 — Signed Sagaba Konate to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/22/19 — Signed Devin Robinson to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 7/24/19 — Signed Cameron Payne to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,080,713 minimum summer contract.
- 8/2/19 — Waived Jordan Loyd (two-way).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/14/19)