- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
Toronto Raptors Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Jonas Valanciunas, Terrence Ross
- Mid-Level: $2,805,000 (James Johnson)
- Bi-Annual: $2,077,000
- Trade Exception (Rudy Gay, expiring 12/9/14) — $4,583,432
- Trade Exception (John Salmons, expiring 6/30/15) — $2,358,000
- Trade Exception (Steve Novak, expiring 7/10/15) — $3,445,947
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Lou Williams
SF: Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, James Johnson
PF: Amir Johnson, Patrick Patterson, Bruno Caboclo
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Tyler Hansbrough, Chuck Hayes
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Dwane Casey (contract extension signed in 2014 through 2016/17 season)
- Masai Ujiri — President & General Manager
- Jeff Weltman — Executive Vice President
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Lou Williams)
- 2016 — Owed a first-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani) — the lower pick between New York and Denver (Carmelo Anthony)
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Bruno Caboclo (20th), DeAndre Daniels (37th) and Xavier Thames (59th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired cash from the Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th).
- 6/28/14 — Gave qualifying offers to Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Nando De Colo.
- 6/30/14 — Traded John Salmons and a 2015 second-rounder for Lou Williams and the rights to Lucas Nogueira.
- 7/9/14 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a $7.0 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/14 — Signed Kyle Lowry to a four-year, $48 million contract (last season player option).
- 7/10/14 — Traded Steve Novak and a 2017 second-rounder (from New York Knicks) to the Utah Jazz for Diante Garrett.
- 7/11/14 — Signed Patrick Patterson to a three-year, $18.2 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Greivis Vasquez to a two-year, $13.0 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign James Johnson to a two-year, $5 million contract.
Waived Players: Julyan Stone, Dwight Buycks, Diante Garrett
- Early Bird: Nando De Colo (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Mickael Pietrus*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Second-Round Picks
- First-rounders: Lucas Nogueira (2013-16th)
- Second-rounders: DeAndre Daniels (2014-37th), Tomislav Zubic (2012-56th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Linas Kleiza.
Nando De Colo –Early Bird Rights – $1,901,900
Mickael Pietrus — Non-Bird — $925,243
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/20/14)