Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $21.8 million, less if C.J Miles opts in, none if Kawhi Leonard or Jonas Valanciunas opt in, none with Leonard’s cap hold.
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Delon Wright, Lorenzo Brown, Jordan Loyd (two-way)
SG: Danny Green, Norman Powell, Malachi Richardson
SF: Kawhi Leonard, C.J. Miles, OG Anunoby
PF: Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher (two-way)
C: Serge Ibaka, Greg Monroe, Jonas Valanciunas (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Bruno Caboclo, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,451,225
- Trade Exception (Jakob Poeltl, expiring 7/18/19) — $2,947,320
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,337,000
Waived Players: Alfonzo McKinnie, Eric Moreland. Malcolm Miller, Kay Felder, Kyle Collinsworth, Deng Adel, Lorenzo Brown
Traded Players: DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Lorenzo Brown (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jordan Loyd, Chris Boucher
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Nate Bjorkgren, Phil Handy, Eric Khoury, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to two TBD second-rounders) to San Antonio Spurs (Kawhi Leonard).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Fred VanVleet.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 2/8/19 — Bruno Caboclo trade exception expires.
- Earlier of seven days before 2019 NBA Draft or seven days after team’s last game — Player option on Jonas Valanciunas.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Delon Wright.
- 6/29/19 — Player options on C.J. Miles and Kawhi Leonard.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception expires.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Pascal Siakam.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/11/18 — Fired Coach Dwayne Casey.
- 6/12/18 — Hired Coach Nick Nurse.
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Fred VanVleet, Malcolm Miller and Nando De Colo.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year $18,110,010 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Malcolm Miller.
- 7/18/18 — Traded DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-rounder to San Antonio Spurs for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Chris Boucher to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Jordan Loyd to a two-way contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Greg Monroe to a one-year $2,165,481 contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Kay Felder to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/13/18 — Signed Deng Adel to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/13/18 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Eric Moreland to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Converted Chris Boucher to a two-way contract.
- 10/12/18 — Re-signed Malcolm Miller to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/31/18 — Picked up team options on OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/18 — Declined team option on Malachi Richardson.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Emir Preldzic (2009-57th), DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Lucas Nogueira ($8,841,915, full Bird)
- Nando De Colo (RFA, $1,901,900, early Bird)
- Jason Thompson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/10/19)