Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $21.8 million, none with Marc Gasol or Kawhi Leonard.
Roster Count: Twelve guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, Jordan Loyd (two-way)
SG: Danny Green, Norman Powell, Patrick McCaw
SF: Kawhi Leonard, OG Anunoby, Malcom Miller
PF: Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher
C: Serge Ibaka, Marc Gasol
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jakob Poeltl, expiring 7/18/19) — $2,947,320
- Trade Exception (Malachi Richardson, expiring 2/6/20) — $1,569,360
- Trade Exception (Delon Wright, expiring 2/7/20) — $2,536,898
- Trade Exception (Greg Monroe, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,512,601
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $5,337,000
Waived Players: Alfonzo McKinnie, Eric Moreland. Malcolm Miller, Kay Felder, Kyle Collinsworth, Deng Adel, Lorenzo Brown, Jonas Valanciunas
Traded Players: DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, Malachi Richardson, Greg Monroe, C.J. Miles, Delon Wright
G-League Affiliate: Raptors 905 (Chad Sanders general manager, Jama Mahlalela coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jordan Loyd (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Nick Nurse
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo, Nate Bjorkgren, Phil Handy, Eric Khoury, Patrick Mutombo, Jim Sann
Trainer: Alex McKechnie (assistant coach/director of sports science), Scott McCullough (athletic trainer)
- Masai Ujiri — president
- Bobby Webster — general manager
- Dan Tolzman — assistant general manager/vice president of player personnel
- Teresa Resch — vice president of basketball operations and player development
- Keith Boyarsky — vice president of strategy and research
- Luke Winn — director, prospect strategy
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2023 second-rounders) to San Antonio Spurs (Kawhi Leonard).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 from the Brooklyn Nets (Greg Monroe); $110,000 from the Philadelphia 76ers (Malachi Richardson) — $5,023,000 remaining
- 5/10/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Patrick McCaw.
- 6/29/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
- 7/18/19 — Jakob Poeltl trade exception expires.
- 7/24/19 — Malcolm Miller’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline on Pascal Siakam.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Chris Boucher’s $1,588,231 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on OG Anunoby.
- 2/6/20 — Malachi Richardson trade exception expires.
- 2/7/20 — Greg Monroe and Delon Wright trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Miller and Chris Boucher.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on OG Anunoby.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Normal Powell.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on OG Anunoby.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/11/18 — Fired Coach Dwayne Casey.
- 6/12/18 — Hired Coach Nick Nurse.
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Fred VanVleet, Malcolm Miller and Nando De Colo.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Fred VanVleet to a two-year $18,110,010 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Malcolm Miller.
- 7/18/18 — Traded DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-rounder to San Antonio Spurs for Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Lorenzo Brown to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Chris Boucher to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Jordan Loyd to a two-year two-way contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Greg Monroe to a one-year $2,165,481 contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Kay Felder to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/13/18 — Signed Deng Adel to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/13/18 — Signed Kyle Collinsworth to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Eric Moreland to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,567,007 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Converted Chris Boucher to a two-way contract.
- 10/12/18 — Re-signed Malcolm Miller to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 10/31/18 — Picked up team options on OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam.
- 10/31/18 — Declined team option on Malachi Richardson.
- 1/10/19 — Signed Patrick McCaw for the rest of the season at $777,665.
- 2/6/19 — Traded Malachi Richardson, the rights to Emir Preldzic (2009-57th) and a 2022 second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for $110,000.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Greg Monroe and a 2021 second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets for $110,000.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Jonas Valanciunas, C.J. Miles, Delon Wright and a 2024 second-rounder to the Memphis Grizzlies for Marc Gasol.
- 2/8/19 — Bruno Caboclo trade exception ($2,451,225) expired.
- 2/10/19 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,045,649 contract.
- 2/10/19 — Signed two-way player Chris Boucher to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,045,649 contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeeAndre Hulett (2000-46th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Lucas Nogueira ($8,841,915, full Bird)
- Nando De Colo (RFA, $1,901,900, early Bird)
- Jason Thompson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Air Canada Centre
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/12/19)