Utah Jazz Team Salary
Quick: Up to $9.9 million, depending on non/partially-guaranteed salaries.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $30.5 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Raul Neto, Trey Burke, Dante Exum (injured)
SG: Rodney Hood, Alec Burks
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles, Elijah Millsap, Christapher Johnson
PF: Derrick Favors, Trevor Booker
C: Rudy Gobert, Trey Lyles, Tibor Pleiss, Jeff Withey
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Joe Ingles and Jeff Withey.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Jeff Withey’s $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Elijah Millsap’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Christapher Johnson’s $981k guarantees for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 1/10/17 — Christapher Johnson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Elijah Millsap’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/17 — Tibor Pleiss’ $3.1 million salary guarantees for 17/18.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1.0 million salaries guarantee for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Trey Lyles with the 12th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Olivier Hanlan with the 42nd pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Daniel Diez (2015-54th) to Portland Trail Blazers for $1.5 million in cash.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Joe Ingles.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Trey Lyles (2015-12th) to a $10.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Raul Neto (2013-47th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.9 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Joe Ingles to a two-year, $4.4 million contract (including $300k of incentives).
- 7/14/15 — Signed Tibor Pleiss (2010-31st) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $9 million contract.
- 8/17/15 — Signed Treveon Graham to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k) $2.4 million contract.
- 8/24/15 — Signed Jeff Withey to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($200k), $2.0 million contract.
- 8/28/15 — Signed J.J. O’Brien to a three-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k) $2.4 million contract.
- 10/16/15 — Exercised the options of Dante Exum (third-year), Rodney Hood (third-year), Trey Burke (fourth-year) and Rudy Gobert (fourth-year).
- 10/21/15 — Signed E.J. Singler to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 10/25/15 — Claimed Phil Pressey off waivers (Portland Trail Blazers).
- 10/25/15 — Signed Eric Atkins to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
Waived Players: Jack Cooley, J.J. O’Brien, Grant Jerrett, Bryce Cotton, Treveon Graham, E.J. Singler, Phil Pressey, Eric Atkins
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Kevin O’Connor — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dennis Lindsey — General Manager
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- Linda Luchetti — Vice President of Basketball Operations.
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (higher of Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics pick) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarnell Stokes, Jerry Stackhouse or Jerryd Bayless).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Gordon Hayward — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Idaho Stampede
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/5/15)