Utah Jazz Team Salary
Quick: Up to $10.5 million in cap space
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): Up to $53.9 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Joel Bolomboy (2016-52nd), Marcus Paige (2016-55th), Tyrone Wallace (2016-60th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Christapher Johnson ($1,050,961), Jeff Withey ($1,015,696)
PG: George Hill, Dante Exum, Shelvin Mack, Raul Neto
SG: Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Christapher Johnson
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles
PF: Derrick Favors, Trey Lyles
C: Rudy Gobert, Boris Diaw, Jeff Withey, Tibor Pleiss
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Dante Exum ($4,992,385), Trey Lyles ($2,441,400), Rodney Hood ($2,386,864)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Rudy Gobert ($3,145,869)
Eligible for Restructuring: Derrick Favors (as of October 19), George Hill
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Dante Exum, Trey Lyles and Rodney Hood.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Rudy Gobert.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Joe Johnson.
- 1/10/17 — Christapher Johnson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Derrick Favors and George Hill’s contracts.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Joe Ingle and Rudy Gobert.
- 7/15/17 — Boris Diaw’s $7.5 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 7/15/17 — Tibor Pleiss’ $3.1 million salary guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Trey Lyles.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Dante Exum and Rodney Hood.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1.0 million salaries guarantee for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Tibor Pleiss, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Trey Lyles.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Trey Lyles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/6/16 — Signed Coach Quin Snyder to an extension (TBD).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Taurean Prince (12th), Joel Bolomboy (52nd) and Tyrone Wallace (60th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd) to Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Marcus Paige (55th).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to Atlanta Hawks for George Hill from Indiana Pacers.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Trey Burke to Washington Wizards for a 2021 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st) to San Antonio Spurs for Boris Diaw and a 2022 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guaranteed for 16/17.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Joe Johnson to a two-year, $21.5 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Trey Burke
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Kevin O’Connor — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dennis Lindsey — General Manager
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- Linda Luchetti — Vice President of Basketball Operations.
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Gordon Hayward — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)