Utah Jazz Team Salary
Quick: $5.2 million in cap space
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $22.8-$34.5 million
- Room: $2,898,000
2016/17 Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
Draft Picks: 12th (lottery TBD), 42nd, 52nd (from Boston Celtics), 60th (from Golden State Warriors)
- Early Bird: Trevor Booker
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Christapher Johnson ($1,050,961), Jeff Withey ($1,015,696), Shelvin Mack ($2,433,334)
PG: Shelvin Mack, Dante Exum, Raul Neto, Trey Burke
SG: Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Christapher Johnson
SF: Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles
PF: Derrick Favors, Trey Lyles
C: Rudy Gobert, Jeff Withey, Tibor Pleiss
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Dante Exum ($4,992,385), Trey Lyles ($2,441,400), Rodney Hood ($2,386,864)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Trey Burke ($4,588,840), Rudy Gobert ($3,145,869)
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Dante Exum, Trey Lyles and Rodney Hood.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Rudy Gobert and Trey Burke.
- 1/10/17 — Christapher Johnson’s $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trey Burke, Joe Ingle and Rudy Gobert.
- 7/15/17 — Tibor Pleiss’ $3.1 million salary guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Trey Lyles.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Dante Exum and Rodney Hood.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1.0 million salaries guarantee for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Tibor Pleiss, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Trey Lyles.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Trey Lyles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Igor Kokoskov, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Kevin O’Connor — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dennis Lindsey — General Manager
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- Linda Luchetti — Vice President of Basketball Operations.
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Gordon Hayward — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)