Utah Jazz Team Salary
Quick: Up to $14.7 million in cap space
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $32.2 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Jeff Withey ($1,015,696)
PG: George Hill, Shelvin Mack, Raul Neto
SG: Rodney Hood, Dante Exum, Alec Burks (injured)
SF: Joe Johnson, Joe Ingles, Gordon Hayward (injured)
PF: Derrick Favors, Trey Lyles, Joel Bolomboy
C: Rudy Gobert, Boris Diaw, Jeff Withey
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Derrick Favors, George Hill
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Joe Johnson.
- 1/10/17 — Jeff Withey’s $1,015,696 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Derrick Favors and George Hill’s contracts.
- 6/29/17 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Joe Ingles.
- 7/15/17 — Boris Diaw’s $7.5 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Trey Lyles.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Dante Exum and Rodney Hood.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1.0 million salaries guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Joel Bolomboy’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Trey Lyles.
- 1/10/19 — Joel Bolomboy’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trey Lyles and Joel Bolomboy.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/6/16 — Signed Coach Quin Snyder to an extension (TBD).
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Taurean Prince (12th), Joel Bolomboy (52nd) and Tyrone Wallace (60th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd) to Brooklyn Nets for $3.0 million and the rights to Marcus Paige (55th).
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to Atlanta Hawks for George Hill from Indiana Pacers.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Trey Burke to Washington Wizards for a 2021 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st) to San Antonio Spurs for Boris Diaw and a 2022 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guaranteed for 16/17.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Joe Johnson to a two-year, $21.5 million contract.
- 8/19/16 — Signed Joel Bolomboy (2016-52nd) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,555,511 contract.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Marcus Paige (2016-55th) to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($125,000).
- 8/26/16 — Traded Tibor Pleiss, two 2017 second-rounders and $1.6 million to Philadelphia 76ers for Kendall Marshall.
- 9/6/16 — Signed Quincy Ford to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,498,982 contract ($75,000).
- 9/21/16 — Signed Henry Sims to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,050,961 contract ($75,000).
- 9/23/16 — Signed Eric Dawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/24/16 — Picked up team options on Dante Exum, Trey Lyles and Rodney Hood.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Rudy Gobert to a four-year, $102 million contract extension, incentives TBD.
Waived Players: Kendall Marshall, Quincy Ford, Marcus Paige, Eric Dawson, Henry Sims, Christapher Johnson
Traded Players: Trey Burke, Tibor Pleiss
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Brian Zettler, Nick Asay (assistant), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations.
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson).
- 2017 — Owe two second-rounders to Philadelphia 76ers, the lowest and highest of Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks, Detroit Pistons and own (Tibor Pleiss).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Enes Kanter). Pick will come two years after Thunder obligation met to Philadelphia 76ers (Dion Waiters, Timofey Mozgov, JaVale McGee).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Tyrone Wallace (2016-60th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $1.6 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: No eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (Dean Cooper coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/2/16)