Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $40.8 million.
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ricky Rubio, Dante Exum, Raul Neto, Isaiah Cousins
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale, Alec Burks, Grayson Allen, Jairus Lyles, Naz Long (two-way)
SF: Joe Ingles, Thabo Sefolosha, Georges Niang
PF: Derrick Favors, Jae Crowder, Tyler Cavanaugh (two-way)
C: Rudy Gobert, Ekpe Udoh, Tony Bradley, Isaac Haas (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Erik McCree (two-way, non-Bird)
- Royce O’Neale $1,378,242
- Jairus Lyles $838,464
- Isaac Haas $838,464
- Isaiah Cousins $838,464
- Trade Exception (Joe Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,708,883
- Trade Exception (Rodney Hood, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,386,864
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,641,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Jonas Jerebko, David Stockton, Trey Lewis
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (general manager Steve Brandes, Martin Schiller coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Naz Long
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Fotis Katsikaris, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
- 2024 — Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Georges Niang, Isaac Haas and Jairus Lyles.
- 1/3/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Isaiah Cousins.
- 1/10/19 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Isaac Haas, Isaiah Cousins and Jairus Lyles’ $838,464 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Raul Neto, Derrick Favors and Raul Neto.
- 2/8/19 — Joe Johnson and Rodney Hood trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Cousins, Isaac Haas and Jairus Lyles.
- 7/6/19 — Derrick Favors’ 18.8 million (incentives TBD) guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Raul Neto’s $2,150,000 guarantees (incentives TBD) for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Grayson Allen, Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Royce O’Neale.
- 7/9/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,738,557 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Grayson Allen.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Grayson Allen.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Grayson Allen.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Grayson Allen (21st) and Vince Edwards (52nd).
- 6/22/18 — Traded the rights to Vince Edwards (2018-52nd) to Houston Rockets for $1.5 million.
- 6/25/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Dante Exum, Raul Neto and Georges Niang.
- 7/1/18 — Thabo Sefolosha’s $5.5 million guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Grayson Allen (2018-21st) to a $11,103,735 rookie-scale contract
- 7/6/18 — Signed Raul Neto to a partially-guaranteed two-year $4.4 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Dante Exum to a three-year, $33 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/6/18 — Signed Derrick Favors to a partially-guaranteed, two-year $37.6 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/9/18 — Ekpe Udoh’s $3,360,000 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/12/18 — Signed Jairus Lyles to a $838,464 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Georges Niang to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,941,515 contract.
- 7/14/18 — Signed Naz Long to a two-way contract.
- 8/1/18 — Signed Tyler Cavanaugh to a two-way contract.
- 8/16/18 — Signed Isaac Haas to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/28/18 — Signed Trey Lewis to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/3/18 — Signed Isaiah Cousins to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Picked up team options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/11/18)