Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $39.8 million, less if they keep Derrick Favors and the rights to Ricky Rubio.
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Dante Exum, Raul Neto
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale, Grayson Allen
SF: Joe Ingles, Kyle Korver, Georges Niang
PF: Jae Crowder, Derrick Favors
C: Rudy Gobert, Tony Bradley
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Ricky Rubio ($22,462,500)
- Early Bird: Thabo Sefolosha ($6,825,000), Ekpe Udoh ($4,368,000), Naz Long (two-way)
- Non-Bird: Tyler Cavanaugh (two-way), Erik McCree* (two-way, non-Bird)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Derrick Favors $16,900,000
- Kyle Korver $7,500,000 ($3,440,000 guaranteed)
- Raul Neto $2,150,000
- Georges Niang $1,645,357
- Royce O’Neale $1,618,520
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
2019 Draft Picks: 23rd, 53rd
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (general manager Steve Brandes, Martin Schiller coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Fotis Katsikaris, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
- 2024 — Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/6/19 — Derrick Favors’ 18.8 million (incentives TBD) guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/6/19 — Raul Neto’s $2,150,000 guarantees (incentives TBD) for 2019-20.
- 7/7/19 — Kyle Korver’s $7.5 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Grayson Allen, Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Royce O’Neale.
- 7/9/20 — Georges Niang’s $1,738,557 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Grayson Allen.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Grayson Allen.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Grayson Allen.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/19)