Quick: Spent over the cap
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $26.0 million
- Room Exception: $1,128,000 (Ekpe Udoh)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Ricky Rubio, Raul Neto, Dante Exum (injured)
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Alec Burks
SF: Rodney Hood, Royce O’Neale, Thabo Sefolosha (injured)
PF: Joe Ingles, Joe Johnson, Jonas Jerebko
C: Derrick Favors, Ekpe Udoh, Tony Bradley, Rudy Gobert (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (Dean Cooper coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Erik McCree, Georges Niang
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 7/1/18 — Thabo Sefolosha’s $5.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/9/18 — Jonas Jerebko’s $4.2 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/9/18 — Ekpe Udoh’s $3,360,000 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/19 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/20 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Royce O’Neale, Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Trey Lyles and the rights to Tyler Lydon (24th) to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Donovan Mitchell (13th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Josh Hart (30th) and Thomas Bryant (42nd) to Los Angeles Lakers for the rights to Tony Bradley (28th).
- 6/26/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Joe Ingles.
- 6/29/17 — Gordon Hayward opted out of his contract.
- 6/30/17 — Traded an Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder to Minnesota Timberwolves for Ricky Rubio.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Tony Bradley (2017-28th) to a $8,598,860 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/17 — Signed Donovan Mitchell (2017-13th) to a $15,586,503 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/17/ — Renounced the rights to Jeff Withey and the draft rights to Tyrone Wallace (2016-60th).
- 7/17/17 — Signed Jonas Jerebko to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $8.2 million contract.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Thabo Sefolosha to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $11.0 million contract with likely and unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 7/20/17 — Signed Ekpe Udoh to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $6,560,000 contract.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Royce O’Neale to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $3,812,377 contract.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Eric Griffin to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Joe Ingles to a four-year, $52,000,002 contract with likely and unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 9/11/17 — Signed Naz Long to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/13/17 — Signed Nate Wolters to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/26/17 — Signed Taylor Braun to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/10/17 — Signed Torian Graham to a one-year, non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/13/17 Signed Kendall Pollard to a one-year, non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 12/21/17 — Signed Erik McCree to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 12/23/17 — Signed Naz long to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 1/10/18 — Raul Neto’s $1,471,382 million guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/14/18 — Signed Georges Niang to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifted on Joe Ingles.
Waived Players: Boris Diaw, Joel Bolomboy, Naz Long (twice), Taylor Braun, Torian Graham, Kendall Pollard, Eric Griffin (two-way), Nate Wolters (two-way)
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/15/18)