Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $20.7 million
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Ricky Rubio, David Stockton
SG: Donovan Mitchell, Royce O’Neale, Alec Burks
SF: Joe Ingles, Thabo Sefolosha
PF: Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko
C: Rudy Gobert, Ekpe Udoh, Tony Bradley
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Derrick Favors ($18.0 million, full Bird)
- Dante Exum (RFA, $14,977,155, full Bird)
- Raul Neto (RFA $1,839,228 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- Erik McCree (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Georges Niang (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Thabo Sefolosha $5,250,000
- Jonas Jerebko $4,200,000
- Ekpe Udoh $3,360,000
- David Stockton $1,544,951
- Royce O’Neale $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 21st (cap hold $1,819,352), 52nd
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nigel Williams-Goss (2017-55th), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th)
- Trade Exception (Joe Johnson, expiring 2/8/19) — $3,708,883
- Trade Exception (Rodney Hood, expiring 2/8/19) — $2,386,864
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. If team goes below the cap, they lose the aforementioned exceptions but gain the $4,411,290 Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: David Stockton (signing restriction through 7/6/18)
G-League Affiliate: Salt Lake City Stars (general manager Steve Brandes, Martin Schiller coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option — extension summer 2016 TBD)
Assistants: Johnnie Bryant, Alex Jensen, Brad Jones, Antonio Lang, Mike Wells, Jeff Watkinson (player development), Mark McKown (player development)
Trainer: Eric Waters, Nick Asay (assistant athletic trainer), Isaiah Wright (strength and conditioning)
- Dennis Lindsey — general manager
- Linda Luchetti — vice president of basketball operations
- Walt Perrin — vice president of player personnel
- David Fredman — director of pro personnel
- Kevin O’Connor — senior basketball advisor
- Jerry Sloan — senior basketball advisor
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Trey Burke).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from San Antonio Spurs (Boris Diaw).
- 2024 — Jazz can swap second-rounders with Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $1.1 million to Sacramento Kings (George Hill) — $4 million remaining
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Dante Exum, Rodney Hood and Raul Neto.
- 7/1/18 — Thabo Sefolosha’s $5.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/6/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on David Stockton.
- 7/9/18 — Jonas Jerebko’s $4.2 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/9/18 — Ekpe Udoh’s $3,360,000 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/19 — David Stockton’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 2/8/19 — Joe Johnson and Rodney Hood trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for David Stockton.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
- 1/10/20 — Royce O’Neal’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Royce O’Neale.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Donovan Mitchell and Tony Bradley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Vivint Smart Home Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)