- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Utah Jazz Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Alec Burks, Enes Kanter
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Trey Burke, Rudy Gobert
- Room: $2,732,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, four non/partially guaranteed, one camp invite
PG: Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Dee Bost
SG: Dante Exum, Ian Clark, Kevin Murphy, Toure’ Murry
SF: Gordon Hayward, Rodney Hood, Steve Novak, Carrick Felix
PF: Derrick Favors, Trevor Booker, Jeremy Evans, Brock Motum
C: Enes Kanter, Rudy Gobert, Jack Cooley
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/25/14 — Gave a qualifying offer to Gordon Hayward.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Dante Exum (5th) and Rodney Hood (23rd) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Traded the rights to Jarnell Stokes (35th) to the Utah Jazz for a 2016 second-rounder.
- 7/10/14 — Traded Diante Garrett to the Toronto Raptors for Steve Novak and a 2017-second-rounder (New York Knicks).
- 7/11/14 — Signed Dante Exum to a $16.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/11/14 — Signed Rodney Hood to a $6.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/14 — Matched Charlotte Bobcats offer sheet to Gordon Hayward for a four-year, $63 million contract.
- 7/21/14 — Signed Trevor Booker to a two-year, $9.8 million contract (second season $250k guaranteed).
- 7/22/14 — Traded John Lucas III, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Carrick Felix, a second-rounder and $1.3 million.
- 8/14/14 — Signed Dee Bost to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.4 million contract.
- 8/18/14 — Signed Jack Cooley to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.4 million contract.
- 8/25/14 — Signed Kevin Murphy to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.8 million contract.
- 8/25/14 — Invited Brock Motum to camp on a non-guaranteed, $507k contract.
- 8/26/14 — Signed Toure’ Murry to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Raulzinho Neto (2013-47th), Shan Foster (2008-51st), Ante Tomic (2008-44th), Mario Austin (2003-36th), Peter Fehse (2002-49th).
Head Coach: Quin Snyder (signed in 2014 for four years, last season team option)
- Kevin O’Connor — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Dennis Lindsey — General Manager
- Justin Zanik — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (John Lucas III)
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (higher of Toronto Raptors and Boston Celtics pick) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarnell Stokes, Jerry Stackhouse or Jerryd Bayless).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.3 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (John Lucas III)
Amnesty: No eligible players.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/14)