Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $32.0 million
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 1/18/18) — $2,194,500
- Trade Exception (Tiago Splitter, expiring 2/22/18) — $150,000
- Trade Exception (Mike Scott, expiring 2/23/18) — $3,333,334
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Note: Trade exceptions would be renounced if Hawks go under the cap.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Paul Millsap (PO, $30,108,050), Ersan Ilyasova ($12,600,000), Thabo Sefolosha ($7,315,000), Tim Hardaway (RFA, $5,704,013), Mike Muscala ($1,471,382)
- Early Bird: Kris Humphries ($5,200,000)
- Non-Bird: Jose Calderon ($1,471,382)
- Mike Dunleavy $5,175,000 ($1,662,500 guaranteed)
- Ryan Kelly $1,572,230
2017 Draft Picks: 19th ($1,936,920 cap hold), 31st (from Brooklyn Nets), 60th (from Golden State Warriors); Own 50 to Philadelphia 76ers
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, one player option
PG: Dennis Schröder, Malcolm Delaney
SG: Kent Bazemore
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: Paul Millsap, Ryan Kelly
C: Dwight Howard
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/24/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Ryan Kelly.
- 6/22/17 — NBA Draft.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 7/1/17 — Mike Dunleavy’s $5.2 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/7/17 — Ryan Kelly’s $1,577,230 salary guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 2016/17 season.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 1/18/18 — Mo Williams trade exception expires.
- 2/22/18 — Tiago Splitter trade exception expires.
- 2/23/18 — Mike Scott trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Delaney.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10 but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Art Horne (head athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach)
- Mike Budenholzer — president of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $650,000 to Denver Nuggets (Mo Williams); $500,000 to Phoenix Suns (Mike Scott) — $2,350,000 remaining
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $750,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Malik Rose general manager)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/17)