Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$45.5 million
- Trade Exception (Justin Holiday, expiring 2/18/17) — $947,276
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one team option
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Taurean Prince (2016-12th, unofficially from Utah Jazz — cap hold $1,931,900), DeAndre’ Bembry (2016-21st — cap hold $1,249,800)
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
- Bird: Al Horford, Kirk Hinrich
- Early Bird: Kent Bazemore
- Non-Bird: Kris Humphries
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Mike Scott ($3,333,334), Lamar Patterson ($874,636)
Options: Mike Muscala ($1,015,696 — team)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Dennis Schröder
SG: Kyle Korver, Tim Hardaway Jr., Lamar Patterson
SF: Thabo Sefolosha
PF: Paul Millsap, Mike Scott, Mike Muscala
C: Tiago Splitter, Walter Tavares
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: None
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/29/16 — Team option on Mike Muscala.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/11/16 — Kyle Korver’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 7/11/16 — Tiago Splitter’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 7/13/16 — Jeff Teague’s contract eligible for restructuring.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Dennis Schroeder and Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 2/18/17 — Justin Holiday $947k TPE expires.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Kyle Korver, Tiago Splitter and Jeff Teague’s contracts.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Lamar Patterson.
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 16/17 season.
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Lamar Patterson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/17 — Walter Tavares’ $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Walter Tavares.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted DeAndre’ Bembry (21st) and Isaia Cordinier (44th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for cash (amount TBD).
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to trade Jeff Teague to Indiana Pacers for the 12th pick (Taurean Prince) in the 2016 NBA Draft from Utah Jazz (to be executed in July).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan, Pete Radulovic (player development)
Trainer: Wally Blase
- Mike Budenholzer — President of Basketball Operations
- Wes Wilcox — General Manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Michael Blackstone — Assistant General Manager
- Jeff Peterson — Assistant General Manager
- Dominique Wilkins — Vice President of Basketball
- Rick Sund — Senior Advisor, Basketball Operations
- Mike McNeive — Director of Basketball Operations
- John Treloar — Director of Player Personnel
- Jeff Peterson — Director of Scouting
- Malik Rose — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): TBD from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kay Felder)
- Jeff Teague — 10% (Will cost Atlanta $800,000 when Indiana Pacers/Utah Jazz deal is executed in July).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Wraiter Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)