Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $8.9-$34.2 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, five partially-guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder, Shelvin Mack
SG: Kyle Korver, Tim Hardaway Jr., Lamar Patterson, Thabo Sefolosha (injured)
SF: Kent Bazemore, Justin Holiday, Terran Petteway, DeQuan Jones
PF: Paul Millsap, Mike Scott
C: Al Horford, Tiago Splitter, Mike Muscala, Walter Tavares, Earl Barron
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Dennis Schroder (fourth-year), Tim Hardaway Jr. (fourth-year)
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Team options for Dennis Schroder and Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Paul Millsap, Terran Petteway and Justin Holiday.
- 12/24/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on DeQuan Jones.
- 12/25/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Earl Barron.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Earl Barron’s $1.4 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Mike Muscala’s $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — DeQuan Jones’ $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Terran Petteway and Lamar Patterson’s $525k guarantees for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Team option for Mike Muscala, guaranteeing $508k for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/7/16 — Shelvin Mack’s $2.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr., Terran Petteway and Lamar Patterson.
- 6/30/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap (TBD).
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Terran Petteway and Lamar Patterson’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/17 — Walter Tavares’ $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Walter Tavares.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to Washington Wizards for the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Jerian Grant (2015-19th) to New York Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Marcus Eriksson with the 50th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Dimitrios Agravanis with the 59th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Pero Antic.
- 7/3/15 — Rescinded the qualifying offer to Pero Antic.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to John Jenkins, DeMarre Carroll, Elton Brand, Gustavo Ayon and Pero Antic.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Paul Millsap to a three-year, $60.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded the rights to Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th) and a protected 2017 second-rounder (top-55) to San Antonio Spurs for Tiago Splitter.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Walter Tavares to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3.0 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Justin Holiday to a two-year, $2.0 million contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Lamar Patterson (2014-48th) to a two-year, non-guaranteed ($75k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/23/15 — Signed Terran Petteway to a two-year, non-guaranteed ($75) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/18/15 — Signed Jason Richardson to a $1.5 million non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed DeQuan Jones to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Edgar Sosa to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Earl Barron to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/1 — Signed Arsalan Kazemi to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
Waived Players: Austin Daye, Jason Richardson, Arsalan Kazemi, Edgar Sosa
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Kenny Atkinson, Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan, Pete Radulovic (player development)
Trainer: Wally Blase
- Mike Budenholzer — President of Basketball Operations
- Wes Wilcox — General Manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Michael Blackstone — Assistant General Manager
- Dominique Wilkins — Vice President of Basketball
- Rick Sund — Senior Advisor, Basketball Operations
- Mike McNeive — Director of Basketball Operations
- John Treloar — Director of Player Personnel
- Jeff Peterson — Director of Scouting
- Malik Rose — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
- 2017 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Jeff Teague — 10%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/10/15)