Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $43.5 million.
Roster Count: 9 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Trae Young, Jaylen Adams
SG: Kevin Huerter, Kent Bazemore
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: John Collins, Omari Spellman
C: Alex Len, Miles Plumlee, Deyonta Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Tyler Dorsey, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,378,242
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Justin Anderson (RFA*, $7,548,144)
- Early Bird: Dewayne Dedmon ($9,360,000)
- Non-Bird: Vince Carter ($1,618,486), Isaac Humphries (RFA*, $1,643,842), Alex Poythress (RFA*)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Deyonta Davis $1,645,357
- Jaylen Adams $1,416,852 ($100,000 guaranteed)
2019 Draft Picks: 8th, 10th (from the Dallas Mavericks), 35th, 41st (from the Los Angeles Lakers), 44th (from the Charlotte Hornets)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: College Park Skyhawks (Dan Dial president)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Greg Foster, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill
Trainer: Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Brady Howe (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Chelsea Lane (executive director of athletic performance and sports medicine), Michael Irr (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — general manager and head of basketball operations
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Larry Riley — senior advisor
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rod Higgins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Dan Martinez — senior director of team operations
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Jabari Bird).
- 2022 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $2,055,910 from the Boston Celtics for Jabari Bird — $3,187,090 remaining
- 5/20/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jaylen Adams.
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for C.J. Anderson, Isaac Humphries and Justin Anderson.
- 7/8/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Deyonta Davis.
- 7/19/19 — Jaylen Adams’ $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/31/19 — Deyonta Davis’ salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2019-20.
- 10/1/19 — Deyonta Davis’ salary guarantees at $500,000 for 2019-20.
- Before first day of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- By first game of the 2019-20 season — Deyonta Davis’ salary guarantees at $800,000 for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on John Collins, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman for 2020-21.
- 1/10/20 — Deyonta Davis’ salary guarantees at $1,645,357 for 2019-20.
- 2/7/20 — Tyler Dorsey trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Taurean Prince, Jaylen Adams and DeAndre’ Bembry.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman for 2021-22.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/12/19 — Kent Bazemore opted into his $19,269,662 for 2019-20.
- 5/14/19 — Received the 8th, 10th (from the Dallas Mavericks) and 44th (from the Charlotte Hornets) picks in the draft lottery.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: State Farm Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)