Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $34.0 million
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, two player options, three non-guaranteed
PG: Dennis Schröder, Isaiah Taylor
SG: Kent Bazemore, Tyler Dorsey, Jaylen Morris, Antonius Cleveland
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: John Collins, Mike Muscala (PO)
C: Dewayne Dedmon (PO), Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Dewayne Dedmon (PO, $7.2 million, non-Bird)
- Mike Muscala (PO, $9.5 million, full Bird)
- Malcolm Delaney (RFA $3,250,000, early Bird)
- Damion Lee (RFA $1,537,872 or UFA $1,537,872, non-Bird)
- Josh Magette (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Andrew White (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Isaiah Taylor $1,433,951
- Antonius Cleveland $1,378,242
- Jaylen Morris $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 3rd (cap hold $5,754,043), 19th from Minnesota (Adreian Payne, cap hold $1,974,195), 30th from Rockets (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford, cap hold $1,421,357), 34th
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
- Trade Exception (Luke Babbitt, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Projected 2018-19 Room Exception: $4,411,290
Note: Exceptions to be renounced if the team goes under the cap, which, in turn, adds the Room Exception.
Waived Players: Tyler Cavanaugh
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Malik Rose general manager, Josh Longstaff coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Chris Jent, Patrick St. Andrews
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Brady Howe (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — general manager and head of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — special advisor to ownership
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- Dan Martinez — senior director of team operations
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (lesser pick) from Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers (Tyus Jones, Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas, Brendan Haywood, Richard Jefferson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Washington Wizards (Sheldon Mac)
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $1,312,611 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jamal Crawford); $100,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (DeAndre Liggins); $3.0 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (Richard Jefferson); $687,389 from Washington Wizards (Sheldon Mac) — $0 remaining
- 6/14/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Antonius Cleveland.
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/21/18 — Jamal Crawford’s $14.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/22/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s 2018-19 salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 1/10/19 — Jaylen Morris and Antonius Cleveland’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 2/8/19 — Luke Babbitt trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Delaney.
- 6/29/18 — Player options on Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/27/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on John Collins, DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Tylor, Antonius Cleveland and Jaylen Morris.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on John Collins for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Taurean Prince and DeAndre’ Bembry.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10 but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/25/18 — Parted ways with Coach Mike Budenholzer.
- 5/11/18 — Agreed to terms with Coach Lloyd Pierce.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Philips Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)