Quick: Up to $10.4 million in cap space.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Thirteen guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Dennis Schröder, Trae Young, Jeremy Lin, Jaylen Adams (two-way)
SG: Kent Bazemore, Kevin Huerter, Tyler Dorsey
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: John Collins, Omari Spellman, Mike Muscala
C: Dewayne Dedmon, Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Malcolm Delaney ($3,250,000, early Bird)
- Damion Lee ($1,337,872, non-Bird)
- Josh Magette (two-way, non-Bird)
- Andrew White (two-way, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
- Room Exception: $4,449,000
Waived Players: Tyler Cavanaugh, Jaylen Morris, Antonius Cleveland
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Derek Pierce general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jaylen Adams
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Greg Foster, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill, Nate Babcock (special assistant to the head coach)
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Brady Howe (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — general manager and head of basketball operations
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Dan Martinez — senior director of team operations
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-5 protected through 2020, top-3 protected through 2022, unprotected in 2023) from Dallas Mavericks.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (lesser pick) from Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers (Tyus Jones, Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas, Brendan Haywood, Richard Jefferson).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Washington Wizards (Sheldon Mac)
- 2023 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/31/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on John Collins, DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 2/8/19 — Luke Babbitt trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on John Collins, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Taurean Prince and DeAndre’ Bembry.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman for 2021-22.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Omari Spellman.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10 but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 4/25/18 — Parted ways with Coach Mike Budenholzer.
- 5/11/18 — Hired Coach Lloyd Pierce.
- 6/20/18 — Dewayne Dedmon opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Luka Doncic (3rd), Kevin Huerter (19th), Omari Spellman (30th) and Devonte’ Graham (34th).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Luka Doncic (2018-3rd) to Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Trae Young (2018-5th) and a protected 2019 first-rounder.
- 6/21/8 — Traded the rights to Devonte’ Graham (2018-34th) to Charlotte Hornets for two second-rounders (2019 and 2023).
- 6/22/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s 2018-19 salary guaranteed at $300,000.
- 6/24/18 — Mike Muscala opted into the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Trae Young (2018-5th) to a $26,527,711 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Kevin Huerter (2018-19th) to a $11,902,517 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Omari Spellman (2018-30th) to a $9,095,405 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/18 — Signed Jaylen Adams to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Traded the rights to Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th) and a protected 2020 second-rounder (from Portland Trail Blazers) to Brooklyn Nets to Atlanta Hawks for Jeremy Lin, a 2025 second-rounder and second-round swap rights in 2023.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Philips Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/21/18)