Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): Up to $48.4 million.
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Trae Young, Brandon Goodwin
SG: Kevin Huerter
SF: De’Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish
PF: John Collins, Bruno Fernando
C: Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Estimated Room Exception — $5,023,000
2020 NBA Draft*: 4th ($7,447,920 cap hold), 51st from the Houston Rockets (Dewayne Dedmon); 34th to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando)
* Lottery/Standings TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Brandon Goodwin $1,701,593 ($100,000 guaranteed) — 8/1/20 (revised date TBD)
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds*)
- Full Bird: Jeff Teague ($28,500,000), DeAndre’ Bembry (RFA, $7,811,946), Skal Labissiere (RFA, $7,016,541), Damian Jones (RFA, $6,915,171)
- Early Bird: Vince Carter ($1,707,576), Treveon Graham ($1,707,576)
- Non-Bird: Charlie Brown Jr. (RFA, two-way)
* Estimated, pending the 2020-21 salary-cap figure.
Qualifying Offers (Pending)
- DeAndre’ Bembry — $3,752,338
- Skal Labissiere — $3,484,882
- Damian Jones — $3,457,586
- Charlie Brown Jr. (two-way, $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- John Collins
- De’Andre Hunter
- Tray Young
- Cam Reddish
- Kevin Huerter
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: College Park Skyhawks (Tori Miller general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Greg Foster, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill
Trainer: Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Conner Smith (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Michael Irr (head strength and conditioning coach), Justin Howe (assistant athletic trainer/physical therapist)
- Travis Schlenk — president of basketball operations and general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Larry Riley — senior advisor
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rod Higgins — vice president of basketball operations
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- Derek Pierce — vice president of player personnel
- Mike McNeive — director of player personnel
- Dan Martinez — vice president of team operations
- Chelsea Lane — vice president of athletic performance and sports medicine
- Dotun Akinwale Jr. — director of scouting
- Nick Ressler — manager of basketball operations
- Paul Jesperson — assistant video coordinator
- Max Horowitz — senior data scientist
- Chris Mast — data scientist, athletic performance and sports medicine
- Dwight Lutz — senior director of basketball strategy and analytics
- Zac Walsh — director of team operations
- 2020 — Owed the highest second-rounder (Miami HEAT, Houston Rockets or Golden State Warriors) from the Sacramento Kings (Dewayne Dedmon).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder (31-55 range) to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2020 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Boston Celtics (Jabari Bird).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr., Dewayne Dedmon).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Allen Crabbe).
- 2022 — Owed a first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Los Angeles Clippers (Derrick Walton Jr.).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder (top-45 protected) from the New Orleans Pelicans (Jaxon Hayes).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2023 — Owe the highest of the Atlanta, Charlotte and Brooklyn second-rounders to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) from the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Portland Trail Blazers (Skal Labissiere).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1,313,576 from the Los Angeles Clippers (Derrick Walton Jr.), $1,759,795 from the Portland Trail Blazers (Skal Labissiere) — $2,543,629 remaining
- 8/1/20 — Brandon Goodwin’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2020-21 (revised date TBD).
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Skal Labissiere, Damian Jones, Charlie Brown Jr. and De’Andre’ Bembry.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- Before first day of 2020-2021 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Trae Young, Cam Reddish, De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter for 2021-22 (revised date TBD).
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for John Collins and Brandon Goodwin.
- 7/1/21 — Dewayne Dedmon’s $13,633,333 (incentives TBD) for the 2021-22 season.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadlines for Trae Young and Kevin Huerter.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Bruno Fernando.
- Before first day of the 2022-22 season — Extension deadlines for De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: State Farm Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/12/20)