Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0 after acquiring Tiago Splitter in trade and re-signing Paul Millsap.
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
- Early Bird: Paul Millsap (agreed to re-sign), DeMarre Carroll (agreed to join Toronto Raptors), Elton Brand, Pero Antic (restricted, playing overseas), Gustavo Ayon (playing overseas)
- Limited Bird Rights: John Jenkins
First-Round Player Options: Dennis Schroder (fourth-year), Tim Hardaway Jr. (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Available. The only eligible player is Al Horford.
- 6/25/15 — Traded the rights to Kelly Oubre (2015-15th) to Atlanta Hawks for Jerian Grant (2015-19th), a 2016 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jerian Grant (2015-19th) to New York Knicks for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Marcus Eriksson with the 50th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Dimitrios Agravanis with the 59th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Pero Antic.
- TBD — Agreed to re-sign Paul Millsap to an estimated three-year, $59 million contract with a player option on final season.
- TBD — Agreed to trade for Tiago Splitter from the San Antonio Spurs. Outgoing package TBD.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Walter Tavares (2014-43rd), Lamar Patterson (2014-48th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder, Shelvin Mack
SG: Thabo Sefolosha, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Kyle Korver, Kent Bazemore
PF: Paul Millsap, Mike Scott, Austin Daye
C: Al Horford, Tiago Splitter, Mike Muscala
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
- Mike Budenholzer — President of Basketball Operations
- Wes Wilcox — General Manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Dominique Wilkins — Vice President of Basketball
- Rick Sund — Senior Advisor, Basketball Operations
- Mike McNeive — Director of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
- 2017 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne). Pick won’t be conveyed until two years after Minnesota’s obligation to Phoenix Suns is satisfied.
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $550k from Oklahoma City Thunder (Thabo Sefolosha)
The following cap holds would likely need to be renounced to add in Paul Millsap and Tiago Splitter, although the package going out for Splitter could change that.
Gustavo Ayon — 1,950,000 (Early Bird rights)
Elton Brand — $2,600,000 (Early Bird rights)
John Jenkins — $2,228,025 (Restricted Bird rights)
Pero Antic — $1,950,000 (Early Bird rights), $1,625,000 qualifying offer
DeMarre Carroll — $3,175,192 (Early Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/15)