Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped by virtue of the Danilo Gallinari sign-and-trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Trae Young, Rajon Rondo, Brandon Goodwin, Skylar Mays (two-way)
SG: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Kevin Huerter, Kris Dunn
SF: De’Andre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Tony Snell, Solomon Hill
PF: John Collins, Danilo Gallinari, Bruno Fernando, Nathan Knight (two-way)
C: Clint Capela, Onyeka Okongwu
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Kris Dunn)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Solomon Hill $2,320,044 — 2/24/20
- Brandon Goodwin $1,701,593 ($100,000 guaranteed) — 11/29/20
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past 2/24/20.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- John Collins
- De’Andre Hunter
- Tray Young
- Cam Reddish
- Kevin Huerter
Waived Players: Khyri Thomas
Traded Players: Dewayne Dedmon
G-League Affiliate: College Park Skyhawks (Derek Pierce general manager, Noel Gillespie coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Skylar Mays, Nathan Knight
Head Coach: Lloyd Pierce
Assistants: Nate McMillan, Melvin Hunt, Chris Jent, Marlon Garnett, Matt Hill
Training Staff: Chelsea Lane (executive director of athletic performance and sports medicine), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Michael Irr (head strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — president of basketball operations and general manager
- Rod Higgins — vice president of basketball operations
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Landry Fields — assistant general manager
- Derek Pierce — vice president of player personnel
- Dotun Akinwale — director of scouting
- Dwight Lutz — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- Mike McNeive — director of player personnel
- Larry Riley — senior advisor
- Daniel Starkman — senior manager of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (Brian Roberts, Gary Trent Jr., Dewayne Dedmon).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Allen Crabbe).
- 2022 — Owed a first-rounder (top-14 protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Los Angeles Clippers (Derrick Walton Jr.).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder from the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham).
- 2023 — Owed a second-rounder (top-45 protected) from the New Orleans Pelicans (Jaxon Hayes).
- 2023 — Can swap second-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin), the lower between the Charlotte Hornets and Hawks’ picks.
- 2023 — Owe the highest of the Atlanta, Charlotte and Brooklyn second-rounders to the Philadelphia 76ers (Bruno Fernando).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder (in the 51-55 range) from the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Portland Trail Blazers (Skal Labissiere).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Brooklyn Nets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder (top-55 protected) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Danilo Gallinari).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/29/20 — Brandon Goodwin’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/3/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on Onyeka Okongwu, Nathan Knight and Skylar Mays.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/29/20 — Team options on Trae Young, Cam Reddish, De’Andre Hunter and Kevin Huerter for 2021-22.
- 2/6/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Kris Dunn, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Danilo Gallinari, Solomon Hill and Rajon Rondo.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 2/24/21 — Solomon Hill’s $2,320,044 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for John Collins and Brandon Goodwin.
- 7/31/21 — Player option deadline for Kris Dunn.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadlines for Trae Young and Kevin Huerter.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Cam Reddish, Onyeka Okongwu and De’Andre Hunter.
- 6/29/22 — Danilo Gallinari’s $21,450,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and Bruno Fernando.
- Before first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadlines for De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Onyeka Okongwu.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Cam Reddish and De’Andre Hunter.
- 6/29/23 — Bogdan Bogdanovic’s player option for 2023-24.
- Before first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Onyeka Okongwu.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Onyeka Okongwu.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but not past 2/24/20.
Rajon Rondo has $750,000 in unlikely incentives for 2020-21 and 2021-22, triggered by 33 games played with his team making the playoffs.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Onyeka Okongwu (2020-6th) and Skylar Mays (2020-50th).
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Skal Labissiere, Damian Jones, Charlie Brown Jr. and De’Andre’ Bembry.
- 11/20/20 — Traded Dewayne Dedmon to the Detroit Pistons for Tony Snell and Khyri Thomas.
- 11/20/20 — Waived Khyri Thomas.
- 11/21/20 — Renounced the rights to Vince Carter, Jeff Teague, DeAndre’ Bembry, Treveon Graham, Damian Jones, Skal Labissiere, Charlie Brown Jr.
- 11/22/20 — Signed Bogdan Bogdanovic to a four-year $72 million offer sheet, player option on final season. The Sacramento Kings can match the offer.
- 11/22/20 — Signed Rajon Rondo to a two-year $16.5 million contract ($15 million base salary with $750,000 in unlikely incentives per season).
- 11/24/20 — The Sacramento Kings did not match Bogdan Bogdanovic’s offer sheet.
- 11/24/20 — Traded a 2025 protected (top-55) to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Danilo Gallinari via sign and trade. Gallinari signed a three-year partially-guaranteed $61,425,000 contract (all but $5 million guaranteed in the final season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Onyeka Okongwu (2020-6th) to a $26,422,143 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Skylar Mays (2020-50th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Nathan Knight to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/25/20 — Signed Solomon Hill to a non-guaranteed $2,320,044 summer contract.
- 11/28/20 — Signed Kris Dunn to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, player option on the final season.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: State Farm Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/29/20)