Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $37.2 million
- Room Exception: $398,000 (Malcolm Delaney)
- Trade Exception (Mo Williams, expiring 1/23/18) — $2,194,500
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Dennis Schröder, Malcolm Delaney
SG: Kent Bazemore, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Thabo Sefolosha, Mike Dunleavy, Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries, Mike Scott
C: Dwight Howard, Mike Muscala, Tiago Splitter (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Tiago Splitter
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Tiago Splitter’s contracts.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 7/1/17 — Mike Dunleavy’s $5.2 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 2016/17 season.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 1/23/18 — Mo Williams trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Delaney.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted DeAndre’ Bembry (21st) and Isaia Cordinier (44th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $2,465,386.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised option to keep Mike Muscala on final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Al Horford.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeff Teague to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th pick) from Utah Jazz.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kent Bazemore to a four-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Kirk Hinrich.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Dwight Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Kris Humphries to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Malcolm Delaney to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeAndre’ Bembry (2016-21st) to a $7.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Matt Costello to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($50,000).
- 9/20/16 — Signed Will Bynum to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,403,611 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Richard Solomon to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/3/16 — Signed Josh Magette to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/26/16 — Signed Dennis Schroder to a four-year, $62 million contract extension.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, non-guaranteed $2,067,593 contract.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 1/7/17 — Traded Kyle Korver to Cleveland Cavaliers for Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams, a protected 2019 first-rounder and $750,000.
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1,015,696 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/18/17 — Signed Gary Neal to a $72,193 10-day contract.
- 1/18/17 — Traded Mo Williams and $650,000 to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Cenk Akyol (2005-59th).
- 1/29/17 — Signed Lamar Patterson to a $51,449 10-day contract.
- 2/8/17 — Signed Lamar Patterson to a $51,449 10-day contract.
Waived Players: Lamar Patterson, Richard Solomon, Matt Costello, Ryan Kelly (twice), Jarrett Jack, Will Bynum, Josh Magette, Walter Tavares
Traded Players: Jeff Teague, Kyle Korver, Mo Williams
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Gary Neal
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Art Horne (head athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach)
- Mike Budenholzer — president of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $650,000 to Denver Nuggets (Mo Williams)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $750,000 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
No-Trade Clause: Kris Humphries (implicit)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None but new franchise starting initially in Erie for 2017-18 season.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/17/17)