Quick: Up to $4.9 million in cap space.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $35.1 million
- 2017-18 Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Luke Babbitt $1,974,159 ($987,080)
- Jeremy Evans $1,841,849 ($50,000)
- John Jenkins $1,709,538
- Quinn Cook $1,312,611 ($100,000)
- Tyler Cavanaugh $815,615 ($50,000)
- Jordan Matthews $815,615
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, six partially-guaranteed
PG: Dennis Schröder, Malcolm Delaney, Quinn Cook, Jordan Matthews
SG: Kent Bazemore, Marco Belinelli, Tyler Dorsey, John Jenkins
SF: Taurean Prince, Luke Babbitt, Nicolas Brussino, DeAndre’ Bembry (injured)
PF: Ersan Ilyasova, Mike Muscala, John Collins, Tyler Cavanaugh, Jeremy Evans
C: Dewayne Dedmon, Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Malik Rose general manager, Josh Longstaff coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Josh Magette (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
No-Trade: Ersan Ilyasova (implicit), Mike Muscala (implicit)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Chris Jent, Patrick St. Andrews
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Brady Howe (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — general manager and head of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — special advisor to ownership
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- Dan Martinez — senior director of team operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected through 2023, unprotected in 2024) from Houston Rockets (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Los Angeles Clippers (DeAndre Liggins).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $1,312,611 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jamal Crawford), $100,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (DeAndre Liggins)
- 10/17/17 — Quinn Cook’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 12/1/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Nicolas Brussino
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Luke Babbitt, Tyler Cavanaugh, Quinn Cook, Mike Muscala, Ersan Ilyasova and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 12/15/17 — Luke Babbit’s $1,974,159 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 12/20/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Evans.
- 12/25/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on John Jenkins.
- 1/10/18 — Jeremy Evans’ $1,841,849 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — John Jenkins’ $1,709,538 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Quinn Cook’s $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Jordan Matthews and Tyler Cavanaugh’s $815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/21/18 — Jamal Crawford’s $14.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Matthews, Malcolm Delaney and Tyler Cavanaugh.
- 6/29/18 — Player options on Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/5/18 — Quinn Cook and Nicolas Brussino’s $1,544,951 guarantee for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on John Collins, DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- Start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for DeAndre’ Bembry, Quinn Cook, Nicolas Brussino and Taurean Prince.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on John Collins for 2020-21.
- Start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10 but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 6/20/17 — Traded Dwight Howard and the 31st pick to Charlotte Hornets for Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted John Collins (19th), Tyler Dorsey (41st) and Alpha Kaba (60th).
- 6/26/17 — Paul Millsap opted out of his contract.
- 6/26/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Ryan Kelly to Houston Rockets for $75,000.
- 7/1/17 — Signed John Collins (2017-19th) to an $11,059,862 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to Paul Millsap, Thabo Sefolosha, Jose Calderon and Kris Humphries.
- 7/6/17 — Traded a Washington Wizards second-round pick to Denver Nuggets for Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, $1,312,611 and a Houston Rockets first-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- 7/8/17 — Declined to match New York Knicks’ offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Tyler Dorsey (2017-41st) to a two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova to a one-year, $6 million contract.
- 7/20/17 — Claimed Nicolas Brussino off waivers (Dallas Mavericks).
- 7/21/17 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $14,100,000 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/25/17 — Signed Mike Muscala to a two-year, $10 million contract, player option on final season.
- 8/8/17 — Signed Luke Babbitt to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,974,159 contract.
- 9/5/17 — Signed Josh Magette to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Tyler Cavanaugh to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Quinn Cook to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,857,562 contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Jeremy Evans to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,841,849 contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Jordan Matthews to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Signed John Jenkins to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,709,538 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/25/17 — Traded a protected 2018 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for DeAndre Liggins and $100,000.
Waived Players: Mike Dunleavy, Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, DeAndre Liggins
Traded Players: Dwight Howard, Ryan Kelly
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Philips Arena
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/17)