Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $31.1 million
- Room Exception: $398,000 (Malcolm Delaney)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Mike Muscala ($1,015,696 — $507,848 guaranteed), Matt Costello ($543,471 — $50,000 guaranteed)
PG: Dennis Schröder, Jarrett Jack, Malcolm Delaney
SG: Kent Bazemore, Kyle Korver, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Thabo Sefolosha, Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries, Mike Scott, Mike Muscala
C: Dwight Howard, Tiago Splitter, Walter Tavares, Matt Costello
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: None
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr.
Eligible for Restructuring: Kyle Korver, Tiago Splitter
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadlines for Dennis Schroeder and Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 12/15/16 — Trade restrictions lift on Kent Bazemore, Kris Humphries, Malcolm Delaney, Matt Costello, Jarrett Jack and Dwight Howard.
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1,015,696 million guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Lamar Patterson’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Matt Costello’s $543,471 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Kyle Korver and Tiago Splitter’s contracts.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dennis Schroder, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Lamar Patterson.
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 2016/17 season.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 7/15/17 — Walter Tavares’ $1.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/20/17 — Matt Costello’s salary guarantees for $100,000 for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Matt Costello’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Walter Tavares and Malcolm Delaney.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Estimated deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted DeAndre’ Bembry (21st) and Isaia Cordinier (44th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $2,465,386.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised option to keep Mike Muscala on final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Al Horford.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeff Teague to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th pick) from Utah Jazz.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kent Bazemore to a four-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Kirk Hinrich.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Dwight Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Kris Humphries to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Malcolm Delaney to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeAndre’ Bembry (2016-21st) to a $7.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Matt Costello to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
Waived Players: Lamar Patterson
Traded Players: Jeff Teague
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan, Pete Radulovic (player development)
Trainer: Wally Blase
- Mike Budenholzer — President of Basketball Operations
- Wes Wilcox — General Manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Michael Blackstone — Assistant General Manager
- Jeff Peterson — Assistant General Manager
- Dominique Wilkins — Vice President of Basketball
- Rick Sund — Senior Advisor, Basketball Operations
- Mike McNeive — Director of Basketball Operations
- John Treloar — Director of Player Personnel
- Jeff Peterson — Director of Scouting
- Malik Rose — Manager of Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
No-Trade Clause: Kris Humphries (implicit)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/24/16)