Atlanta Hawks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $16.0 million
Note: Projection will change as official rules of new CBA become available.
- Room Exception: $398,000 (Malcolm Delaney)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Mike Muscala ($1,015,696 — $507,848 guaranteed), Ryan Kelly ($979,848)
PG: Dennis Schröder, Malcolm Delaney
SG: Kent Bazemore, Kyle Korver, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Thabo Sefolosha, Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry
PF: Paul Millsap, Kris Humphries, Mike Scott, Ryan Kelly
C: Dwight Howard, Mike Muscala, Tiago Splitter (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Kyle Korver, Tiago Splitter
- 1/10/17 — Mike Muscala’s 1,015,696 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Ryan Kelly’s $979,848 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/31/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Ryan Kelly.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Kyle Korver and Tiago Splitter’s contracts.
- 6/23/17 — Player option for Paul Millsap.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 7/7/17 — Ryan Kelly’s $1,087,745 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 8/31/17 — Final day to stretch a player for 2016/17 season.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Delaney.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted DeAndre’ Bembry (21st) and Isaia Cordinier (44th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Kay Felder (54th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for $2,465,386.
- 6/29/16 — Exercised option to keep Mike Muscala on final year of his contract.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Al Horford.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Jeff Teague to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Taurean Prince (2016-12th pick) from Utah Jazz.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Kent Bazemore to a four-year, $70 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/10/16 — Mike Scott’s $3.3 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/12/16 — Renounced the rights to Kirk Hinrich.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Dwight Howard to a three-year, $70.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Kris Humphries to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Malcolm Delaney to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Jarrett Jack to a one-year, $1.6 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed DeAndre’ Bembry (2016-21st) to a $7.4 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Taurean Prince (2016-12th) to a $10.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/16 — Signed Matt Costello to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($50,000).
- 9/20/16 — Signed Will Bynum to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,403,611 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 9/20/16 — Signed Richard Solomon to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/3/16 — Signed Josh Magette to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/26/16 — Signed Dennis Schroder to a four-year, $62 million contract extension.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, non-guaranteed $2,067,593 contract.
- 10/31/16 — No extension reached for Tim Hardaway Jr.
Waived Players: Lamar Patterson, Richard Solomon, Matt Costello, Ryan Kelly, Jarrett Jack, Will Bynum, Josh Magette, Walter Tavares
Traded Players: Jeff Teague
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer, hired May 2013 (three-year contract)
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Neven Spahija, Ben Sullivan
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Art Horne (head athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach)
- Mike Budenholzer — president of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — general manager
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).
- 2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-rounder, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to San Antonio Spurs (Tiago Splitter).
- 2018 — Owed first-round pick (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th), Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
No-Trade Clause: Kris Humphries (implicit)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: None
Note: Cap holds will likely adjust upwards in new CBA.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/16/16)