Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $33.5 million
- Trade Exception (Luke Babbitt, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two 10-days, two two-ways
PG: Dennis Schröder, Isaiah Taylor, Josh Magette (two-way), Malcolm Delaney (injured)
SG: Tyler Dorsey, Andrew White (two-way), Damion Lee, Jaylen Morris (injured), Antonius Cleveland (10-day, injured), Kent Bazemore (injured)
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre’ Bembry (injured)
PF: John Collins, Mike Muscala, Tyler Cavanaugh
C: Dewayne Dedmon, Miles Plumlee
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Malik Rose general manager, Josh Longstaff coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Josh Magette (one-year), Andrew White (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Taylor Jenkins, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Chris Jent, Patrick St. Andrews
Trainer: Keke Lyles (executive director of player performance), Scottie Parker (head athletic trainer), Brady Howe (assistant athletic trainer), Mike Roncarati (director of rehabilitation), Chris Chase (athletic performance coach), Adam Loiacocno (performance therapist), Daniel Bove (sports scientist/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Travis Schlenk — general manager and head of basketball operations
- Wes Wilcox — special advisor to ownership
- T. Scott Wilkinson — executive vice president and assistant general manager
- Michael Blackstone — assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Michelle Leftwich — vice president of salary cap administration
- Dominique Wilkins — vice president of basketball
- Rick Sund — senior advisor, basketball operations
- Mike McNeive — director of basketball operations
- John Treloar — director of player personnel
- Jeff Peterson — director of scouting
- Malik Rose — manager of basketball operations
- Dan Martinez — senior director of team operations
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2020 and 2021 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Adreian Payne).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-three protected through 2023, unprotected in 2024) from Houston Rockets (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Los Angeles Clippers (DeAndre Liggins).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) from Cleveland Cavaliers (Kyle Korver)
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (lesser pick) from Minnesota Timberwolves or Los Angeles Lakers (Tyus Jones, Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas, Brendan Haywood, Richard Jefferson).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Washington Wizards (Sheldon Mac)
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $1,312,611 from Los Angeles Clippers (Jamal Crawford); $100,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (DeAndre Liggins); $3.0 million from Cleveland Cavaliers (Richard Jefferson); $687,389 from Washington Wizards (Sheldon Mac) — $0 remaining
- 3/20/18 — Final day of Jaylen Morris’ 10-day contract.
- 3/22/18 — Final day of Damion Lee’s 10-day contract.
- 5/15/18 — Tyler Cavanaugh’s salary guarantees for $450,000 for 2018-19.
- 6/14/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Antonius Cleveland.
- 6/21/18 — Jamal Crawford’s $14.5 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/22/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s 2018-19 salary guarantees at $300,000.
- 2/8/19 — Luke Babbitt trade exception expires.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Malcolm Delaney.
- 6/29/18 — Player options on Dewayne Dedmon and Mike Muscala.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/7/18 — Tyler Cavanaugh’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/27/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on John Collins, DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2019-20.
- Start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince.
- 6/29/19 — Deadline for Kent Bazemore’s player option.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Tyler Cavanaugh, Isaiah Tylor, DeAndre’ Bembry, Antonius Cleveland and Taurean Prince.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on John Collins for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for John Collins.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for John Collins.
- TBD — Guarantee deadline for Antonius Cleveland.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10 but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 6/20/17 — Traded Dwight Howard and the 31st pick to Charlotte Hornets for Miles Plumlee, Marco Belinelli and the 41st pick.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted John Collins (19th), Tyler Dorsey (41st) and Alpha Kaba (60th).
- 6/26/17 — Paul Millsap opted out of his contract.
- 6/26/17 — Issued a qualifying offer to Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Ryan Kelly to Houston Rockets for $75,000.
- 7/1/17 — Signed John Collins (2017-19th) to an $11,059,862 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to Paul Millsap, Thabo Sefolosha, Jose Calderon and Kris Humphries.
- 7/6/17 — Traded a Washington Wizards second-round pick to Denver Nuggets for Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, $1,312,611 and a Houston Rockets first-rounder to the Los Angeles Clippers.
- 7/8/17 — Declined to match New York Knicks’ offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Tyler Dorsey (2017-41st) to a two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/19/17 — Signed Ersan Ilyasova to a one-year, $6 million contract.
- 7/20/17 — Claimed Nicolas Brussino off waivers (Dallas Mavericks).
- 7/21/17 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $14,100,000 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/25/17 — Signed Mike Muscala to a two-year, $10 million contract, player option on final season.
- 8/8/17 — Signed Luke Babbitt to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,974,159 contract.
- 9/5/17 — Signed Josh Magette to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Tyler Cavanaugh to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 contract.
- 9/6/17 — Signed Quinn Cook to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,857,562 contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Jeremy Evans to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,841,849 contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Jordan Matthews to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/25/17 — Signed John Jenkins to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,709,538 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/25/17 — Traded a protected 2018 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for DeAndre Liggins and $100,000.
- 10/14/17 — Traded the rights to Dimitrios Agravanis (2015-59th) and Sergey Gladyr (2009-49th) to Cleveland Cavaliers for Richard Jefferson and Kay Felder, a 2019 second-rounder, a protected 2020 second-rounder and $3.0 million.
- 10/14/17 — Picked up team options on DeAndre’ Bembry and Taurean Prince for 2018-19.
- 10/17/17 — Signed Isaiah Tylor to a two-year, $2,857,562 contract (guarantees TBD).
- 11/5/17 — Signed Tyler Cavanaugh to a two-way contract.
- 12/15/17 — Luke Babbit’s $1,974,159 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 12/18/17 — Signed Tyler Cavanaugh to a non-guaranteed two-year, $2,058,161 contract.
- 1/10/18 — Tyler Cavanaugh’s $679,919 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Isaiah Taylor’s $1,312,611 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Andrew White to a two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Luke Babbitt to Miami HEAT for Okaro White.
- 2/8/18 — Traded a protected 2019 second-rounder to Washington Wizards for Sheldon Mac and $687,389.
- 2/22/18 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 2/28/18 — Signed Jaylen Morris to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/4/18 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/11/18 — Signed Jaylen Morris to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/13/18 — Signed Damion Lee to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/14/18 — Signed Antonius Cleveland to a partially-guaranteed (TBD) two-year, $1,511,874 contract.
Waived Players: Mike Dunleavy, Jamal Crawford, Diamond Stone, DeAndre Liggins, Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder (claimed by Chicago Bulls), Jordan Matthews, John Jenkins, Quinn Cook, Tyler Cavanaugh, Jeremy Evans, Nicolas Brussino, Okaro White, Marco Belinelli, Sheldon Mac, Ersan Ilyasova
Traded Players: Dwight Howard, Ryan Kelly, Luke Babbitt
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Antonius Cleveland (two), Jaylen Morris
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alpha Kaba (2017-60th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Marcus Eriksson (2015-50th), Alain Digbeu (1997-49th), Augusto Binelli (1986-40th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Philips Arena
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/20/18)