Quick: Spent over the cap
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $46.8 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Andrew Bogut $2,328,652 ($50,000)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Lonzo Ball, Jordan Clarkson, Tyler Ennis
SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Vander Blue (two-way), Josh Hart
SF: Brandon Ingram, Corey Brewer, Luol Deng
PF: Kyle Kuzma, Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr. (injured)
C: Brook Lopez, Andrew Bogut, Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: South Bay Lakers (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Alex Caruso (one year), Vander Blue (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (15 percent)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Luke Walton (hired before 2016/17 season on estimated five-year deal, $5-6 million per season)
Assistants: Brian Shaw (associate head coach), Jesse Mermuys, Mark Madsen, Brian Keefe, Casey Owens (assistant coach and advance professional scout), Jud Buechler (player development), Miles Simon (player development), Will Scott (video coordinator)
Trainer: Marco Nunez, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance), Gunnar Peterson (director of strength and endurance training), Josh Wright (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kristen Andrews (manager of nutrition and wellness), Adi Vase (assistant strengthening and conditioning coach)
- Magic Johnson – president of basketball operations
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Jesse Buss — assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Joey Buss — vice president of research and development
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- Jordan Wilkes — director of player development
- Jason Rosenfeld — director of basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to Boston Celtic (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight, Jayson Tatum), may go to Philadelphia 76ers if first or sixth and beyond.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard), may go to Brooklyn Nets (Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Tyler Ennis.
- 12/19/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Andrew Bogut.
- 1/10/18 — Andrew Bogut’s $2,328,652 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Julius Randle.
- 6/30/18 — Ivica Zubac’s $1,544,951 on guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/5/18 — Tyler Ennis’ $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/5/18 — Thomas Bryant’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- Before first day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Larry Nance Jr.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant and Larry Nance Jr.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Brandon Ingram.
- 10/31/19 –Team options on Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Brandon Ingram.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 6/21/17 — Nick Young opted out.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Lonzo Ball (2nd).
- 6/22/17 — Traded D’Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and the rights to Kyle Kuzma (27th).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Tony Bradley (28th) to Utah Jazz for the rights to Josh Hart (30th) and Thomas Bryant (42nd).
- 6/28/17 — Picked up the team option on David Nwaba.
- 7/2/17 — Signed Lonzo Ball (2017-2nd) to a $33,471,622 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/17 — Signed Kyle Kuzma (2017-27th) to a $8,650,178 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/2/17 — Signed Josh Hart (2017-30th) to a $8,474,999 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/12/17 — Renounced the rights to Metta World Peace, Tyler Ennis and Thomas Robinson.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Alex Caruso to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Kentavious Caldwell-Pope to a one-year, $17,745,894 contract.
- 7/26/17 — Signed Tyler Ennis to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $3,180,397 contract.
- 7/28/17 — Signed Thomas Bryant (2017-42nd) to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 8/4/17 — Signed Vander Blue to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,471,382 contract.
- 8/10/17 — Signed Stephen Zimmerman to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/14/17 — Signed V.J. Beachem to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 contract.
- 8/14/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 contract.
- 9/19/17 — Andrew Bogut signed a partially-guaranteed one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 10/6/17 — Signed Travis Wear to a non-guaranteed, one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/19/17 — Signed Vander Blue to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 10/24/17 — Picked up team options on Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr.
Waived Players: Tarik Black, David Nwaba (claimed by Chicago Bulls), Stephen Zimmerman, Briante Weber, V.J. Beachem, Briante Weber, Travis Wear
Traded Players: D’Angelo Russell, Timofey Mozgov
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/17)