Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $59.9 million
Roster Count: Five guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Lonzo Ball, Tyler Ennis
SG: Josh Hart
SF: Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng
PF: Kyle Kuzma
C: Ivica Zubac, Thomas Bryant
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Brook Lopez ($33,963,525, full Bird)
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ($21,295,073, non-Bird)
- Channing Frye ($14,099,733, full Bird)
- Isaiah Thomas ($11,896,651, full Bird)
- Julius Randle (RFA, $12,447,726, full Bird)
- Travis Wear (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Andre Ingram (RFA $1,537,872 or UFA $1,337,872, non-Bird)
- Alex Caruso (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Gary Payton II (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Tyler Ennis $1,656,092
- Ivica Zubac $1,544,951
- Thomas Bryant $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 25th from Cleveland Cavaliers (Jordan Clarkson, cap hold $1,545,379), 47th from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon); 10th to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight); 40th to Brooklyn Nets (Dwight Howard, Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
- Trade Exception (Larry Nance Jr., expiring 2/8/19) — $1,471,382
- Projected 2018-19 Room Exception: $4,411,290
Note: Exceptions to be renounced if the team goes under the cap, which, in turn, adds the Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (15 percent)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: South Bay Lakers (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Luke Walton (hired before 2016/17 season on estimated five-year deal, $5-6 million per season)
Assistants: Brian Shaw (associate head coach), Jesse Mermuys, Mark Madsen, Brian Keefe, Casey Owens (assistant coach and advance professional scout), Jud Buechler (player development), Miles Simon (player development), Will Scott (video coordinator)
Trainer: Marco Nunez, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance), Gunnar Peterson (director of strength and endurance training), Josh Wright (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kristen Andrews (manager of nutrition and wellness), Adi Vase (assistant strengthening and conditioning coach)
- Magic Johnson – president of basketball operations
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Jesse Buss — assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Joey Buss — vice president of research and development
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- Jordan Wilkes — director of player development
- Jason Rosenfeld — director of basketball analytics
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas) to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao) or Atlanta Hawks (Richard Jefferson). Lower to Atlanta.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Julius Randle, Andre Ingram and Travis Wear.
- 6/30/18 — Ivica Zubac’s $1,544,951 on guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/5/18 — Tyler Ennis’ $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/5/18 — Thomas Bryant’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 2/8/19 — Larry Nance Jr. trade exception expires.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ivica Zubac and Thomas Bryant.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Brandon Ingram.
- 10/31/19 –Team options on Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Brandon Ingram.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)