Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$62.0 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Marcelo Huertas
SG: Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams, Jabari Brown, Michael Frazier
SF: Kobe Bryant, Nick Young, Anthony Brown, Jonathan Holmes, Metta World Peace
F: Julius Randle, Brandon Bass, Ryan Kelly, Larry Nance Jr.
C: Roy Hibbert, Tarik Black, Robert Sacre, Robert Upshaw
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Julius Randle (third-year)
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 11/2/15 — Team option for Julius Randle.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Lou Williams, Jonathan Holmes, Michael Frazier, Marcelo Huertas, Robert Upshaw and Brandon Bass.
- 12/24/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Metta World Peace.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Metta World Peace’s $1.5 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Tarik Black and Jabari Brown’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Jonathan Holmes, Robert Upshaw, Marcelo Huertas and Michael Frazier’s $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- Four days after summer league, provided he participates, Jonathan Holmes’ $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Robert Upshaw and Michael Frazier’s $875k guarantee for 16/17.
- 8/1/17 — Anthony Brown’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Ed Davis opted out of the final year on his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected D’Angelo Russell with the second pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Larry Nance Jr. with the 27th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Anthony Brown with the 34th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Opted Jordan Hill out of the final year of his contract
- 7/1/15 — Guaranteed the final year of Robert Sacre’s contract.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Ronnie Price, Carlos Boozer, Wayne Ellington, Vander Blue and Jordan Hill.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Anthony Brown to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.6 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Lou Williams to a three-year, $21 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandon Bass to a two-year, $6.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder to Indiana Pacers for Roy Hibbert.
- 7/10/15 — Signed D’Angelo Russell to a $23.0 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Larry Nance Jr. to a $5.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/15 — Guaranteed Jordan Clarkson’s $845k salary for 15/16.
- 8/13/15 — Signed Jonathan Holmes to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $1.4 million contract.
- 8/25/15 — Signed Michael Frazier to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.4 million contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Marcelo Huertas to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Robert Upshaw to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($35k) $1.4 million contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Metta World Peace to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
No-Trade: Kobe Bryant
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Head Coach: Byron Scott (Four years, $17 million contract starting with the 2014/15 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Paul Pressey, Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen, Larry Lewis (player development), Thomas Scott (player development), Clay Moser (director of basketball strategy), Tom Bialaszewski (video coordinator), J.J. Outlaw (video coordinator, player development)
Trainer: Gary Vitti
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- Jesse Buss — Owner and Assistant General Manager/Director of Scouting
- Ryan West — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Indiana Pacers (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Kobe Bryant — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
D-League Affiliate: D-Fenders (General Manager Nick Mazzella, Coach Casey Owens)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)