- The Top 10 Players in the NBA
- NBA PM: Bulls Make Sense for Carmelo Anthony
- Paul George Wants to be Mentored by LeBron James
- NBA PM: Turner Getting Acclimated With Pacers
- 2014 Cap Space Projections – Southeast Division
- NBA PM: Dragic, Suns Somehow Emerge as Elite
- NBA PM: Dwyane Wade Talks Free Agency
- The Path to the Top Pick
- NBA AM: 20-Year Age Limit Is Coming
- Iguodala Addition Paying Dividends for Warriors
Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Chris Kaman)
- Trade Exception (Steve Blake, expiring 2/19/15) — $2,789,920
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kendall Marshall, Jordan Farmar, Steve Nash (injured)
SG: Jodie Meeks, MarShon Brooks, Kobe Bryant (injured)
SF: Kent Bazemore, Xavier Henry, Nick Young (injured)
PF: Wesley Johnson, Ryan Kelly, Jordan Hill
C: Pau Gasol, Chris Kaman, Robert Sacre
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (four-year deal starting 2012/13, last year team option)
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2014 — Owe second-rounder to Milwaukee Bucks (Steve Nash, Wesley Johnson, Luke Ridnour).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If 2015 first-rounder not sent to Phoenix by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 6/27/13 — Selected Ryan Kelly (48th) in the 2013 NBA Draft
- 7/10/13 — Signed Robert Sacre to a three-year, $2.8 million contract (third season non/partially-guaranteed).
- 7/10/13 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a one-year, minimum contract for $1.1 million (pending buyout from Turkish club).
- 7/11/13 — Waived Metta World Peace via the amnesty provision.
- 7/11/13 — Signed Nick Young to a two-year, minimum contract at $2.3 million (second season player option).
- 7/12/13 — Signed Chris Kaman to a one-year, $3,183,000 contract.
- 7/14/13 — Signed Elias Harris on two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 7/15/13 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a one-year, $916k minimum contract.
- 7/17/13 — Received clearance on buyout for Jordan Farmar.
- 9/3/13 — Signed Shawne Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/5/13 — Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/17/13 — Signed Marcus Landry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/20/13 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/25/13 — Signed Eric Boateng to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/25/13 – Signed Darius Johnson-Odom to a one-year, non-guaranteed $789k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Dan Gadzuric to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 11/25/13 — Signed Kobe Bryant to a two-year, 48.5 million extension.
- 12/20/13 — Signed Kendall Marshall to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 1/16/14 — Signed Manny Harris to a 10-day contract.
- 1/26/14 — Signed Manny Harris to a second 10-day contract.
- 2/6/14 — Signed Shawne Williams to a 10-day contract.
- 2/19/14 — Traded Steve Blake to the Golden State Warriors for Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks.
Waived Players: Metta World Peace, Dan Gadzuric, Eric Boateng, Darius Johnson-Odom, Marcus Landry, Elias Harris, Shawne Williams (twice), Manny Harris
- Non-Bird: Andrew Goudelock
* The Lakers have rights on a long list of inactive players, none of which can be used in a sign and trade (Ron Harper, Shammond Williams, Karl Malone, Horace Grant, Jim Jackson, Ira Newble, Theo Ratliff, Mitch Richmond, John Salley, Brian Shaw and Joe Smith). Players who were not in the league last season cannot be signed and traded.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Sergei Lishouk (2004-49th)
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace — 2013/14 $7,727,280
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
Andrew Goudelock (Minimum) – $884,293
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 3/3/14)