Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
Quick: Cap space used.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $15.0-$23.0 million, depending on Jordan Hill’s team option and the top-five protected first-rounder, less with the cap holds of Jeremy Lin and Carlos Boozer.
Draft Picks: 2nd, 27th, 34th
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Hill (team option)
- Early Bird: Wesley Johnson
- Non-Bird: Ed Davis (player option), Ronnie Price, Wayne Ellington, Vander Blue (restricted*)
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
First-Round Player Options: Julius Randle (third-year)
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, four non-guaranteed, two options
PG: Jordan Clarkson
SG: Kobe Bryant, Jabari Brown
SF: Nick Young
F: Julius Randle, Ed Davis, Ryan Kelly
C: Jordan Hill, Tarik Black, Robert Sacre
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Byron Scott (Four years, $17 million contract starting with the 2014/15 season, final year team option)
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/20/15)