Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
Quick: Currently over the cap.
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $28.3 million (assuming they lose their first-rounder)
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Nick Young (PO, $10,343,444)
- Early Bird: Metta World Peace ($1,471,382)
- Non-Bird: David Nwaba (TO, $1,512,611), Thomas Robinson ($1,471,382)
- Limited Bird: Tyler Ennis ($2,666,707)
- Tarik Black $6,655,325
2017 Draft Picks: 1st (lottery TBD, $5,645,400 cap hold), 28th (from Houston Rockets), 33rd (lottery TBD)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one player option
PG: Jordan Clarkson
SG: D’Angelo Russell
SF: Brandon Ingram, Corey Brewer, Luol Deng
PF: Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr.
C: Ivica Zubac, Tarik Black, Timofey Mozgov
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/21/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on David Nwaba.
- 6/21/17 — Player option on Nick Young.
- 6/24/17 — Team option on David Nwaba.
- 7/4/17 — Tarik Black’s $6,655,325 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on D’Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram and Larry Nance Jr.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Julius Randle.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Julius Randle and David Nwaba.
- 6/30/18 — Ivica Zubac’s $1.2 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Brandon Ingram.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Ivica Zubac, D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Brandon Ingram.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Brandon Ingram.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Luke Walton (hired before 2016/17 season on estimated five-year deal, $5-6 million per season)
Assistants: Brian Shaw (associate head coach), Jesse Mermuys, Mark Madsen, Brian Keefe, Casey Owens (assistant coach and advance professional scout), Jud Buechler (player development), Theo Robertson (player development), Will Scott (video coordinator)
Trainer: Marco Nunez, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Tim DiFrancesco (strength and conditioning coach), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance)
- Magic Johnson – president of basketball operations
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Glenn Carraro — assistant general manager
- Jesse Buss — owner and assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2017 — May owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (unprotected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia in 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Tarik Black — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
D-League Affiliate: D-Fenders (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/27/17)