Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $35.6 million
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Lonzo Ball, Isaac Bonga
SG: Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart
SF: LeBron James, Jemerrio Jones
PF: Kyle Kuzma
C: Mo Wagner
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Ivica Zubac, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,544,951
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Mike Muscala ($9,500,000), Reggie Bullock ($4,750,000)
- Early Bird: Kentavious Caldwell Pope ($15,600,000), Alex Caruso (two-way)
- Non-Bird: Rajon Rondo ($10,800,000), Lance Stephenson ($5,338,800), JaVale McGee ($1,618,486), Tyson Chandler ($1,618,486), Johnathan Williams (two-way)
- Jemerrio Jones $1,416,852
2019 Draft Picks: 11th*; Own 41st to the Atlanta Hawks
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
G-League Affiliate: South Bay Lakers (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: TBD
Trainer: TBD, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance), Gunnar Peterson (director of strength and endurance training), Josh Wright (assistant strength and conditioning coach), Kristen Andrews (manager of nutrition and wellness), Adi Vase (assistant strengthening and conditioning coach)
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Jesse Buss — assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Joey Buss — vice president of research and development
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- Jordan Wilkes — director of player development
- Kurt Rambis — senior basketball advisor
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons (Svi Mykhailiuk).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1.5 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Isaac Bonga) — $3,743,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 7/1/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jemerrio Jones.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Brandon Ingram.
- 10/31/19 –Team options on Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Moritz Wagner and Josh Hart.
- 1/10/20 — Jemerrio Jones’ $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 2/7/20 — Ivica Zubac trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Brandon Ingram and Jemerrio Jones.
- 6/29/20 — Isaac Bonga’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Moritz Wagner.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Isaac Bonga, Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on LeBron James.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Moritz Wagner.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Moritz Wagner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 4/9/19 — Magic Johnson stepped down as president of basketball operations.
- 4/12/19 — Parted ways with coach Luke Walton.
- LeBron James — 15 percent
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Staples Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/19)