Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$66.4 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
Roster Count: Six guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Brandon Ingram (2016-2nd, cap hold $4,401,400)
- Second-rounders: Ivica Zubac (2016-32nd), Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
- Bird: Kobe Bryant, Roy Hibbert, Ryan Kelly, Robert Sacre
- Early Bird: Jordan Clarkson (restricted), Tarik Black (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Brandon Bass, Metta World Peace, Marcelo Huertas
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
Qualifying Offers: Jordan Clarkson ($2,725,003), Ryan Kelly ($2,155,313), Tarik Black ($1,180,431), Marcelo Huertas ($1,074,636)
PG: D’Angelo Russell
SG: Lou Williams
SF: Anthony Brown, Nick Young
PF: Larry Nance Jr.
C: Julius Randle
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: D’Angelo Russell ($5,562,360), Julius Randle ($4,149,242), Larry Nance Jr. ($1,259,640)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan Clarkson, Ryan Kelly, Tarik Black and Marcelo Huertas.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Julius Randle, D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- One day before 2017 NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Nick Young.
- 8/1/17 — Anthony Brown’s $1.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Julius Randle.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Julius Randle and Anthony Brown.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/24/16 — Fired Byron Scott.
- 5/6/16 — Hired Luke Walton as head coach.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Brandon Ingram (2nd) and Ivica Zubac (32nd).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Kobe Bryant
Head Coach: Luke Walton (hired before 2016/17 season on estimated five-year deal, $5-6 million per season)
Assistants: TBD, but previously Paul Pressey, Jim Eyen, Mark Madsen, Larry Lewis (player development), Thomas Scott (player development), Clay Moser (director of basketball strategy), Tom Bialaszewski (video coordinator), J.J. Outlaw (video coordinator, player development), Tracy Murray (shooting coach)
Trainer: Marco Nunez
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- Jesse Buss — Owner and Assistant General Manager/Director of Scouting
- Ryan West — Director of Player Personnel
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (unprotected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia in 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Kobe Bryant — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
D-League Affiliate: D-Fenders (General Manager Nick Mazzella, Coach Casey Owens)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)