- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 4
- Jeremy Lin, Lakers a Great Fit
Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
- Room: $1,082,000 (Ryan Kelly)
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed
PG: Jeremy Lin, Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant, Xavier Henry
SF: Wes Johnson, Nick Young
PF: Julius Randle, Carlos Boozer, Ryan Kelly
C: Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre, Ed Davis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Julius Randle (7th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th) from the Washington Wizards for cash.
- 7/13/14 — Traded the rights to Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th) to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lin, a protected 2015 first-rounder and a Clippers’ protected 2015 second-rounder.
- 7/13/14 — Signed Julius Randle to a $13.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/14 — Signed Nick Young to a four-year, $21.3 million contract (player option on fourth season).
- 7/21/14 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, $3.4 million contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Jordan Hill to an estimated two-year, $18 million contract (team option on second season).
- TBD — Agreed to sign Ed Davis to an estimated two-year, $2 million minimum contract (player option on second season).
- TBD — Agreed to sign Wesley Johnson to an estimated one-year, $980k minimum contract.
- TBD — Agreed to sign Xavier Henry to an estimated one-year, $980k minimum contract.
Waived Players: Kendall Marshall
- Declined Bird: MarShon Brooks*
- Non-Bird: Andrew Goudelock*
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th), Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Head Coach: Open
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 & 2017, top-5 protected in 2018 & 2019, top-3 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Houston Rockets (Jeremy Lin)
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (only in the 51 to 55 range) from Los Angeles Clippers (Hassan Adams, David Andersen).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If 2015 first-rounder not sent to Phoenix by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/21/14)