Los Angeles Lakers Team Salary
- Room: $0 (Ryan Kelly, Xavier Henry)
- Disabled Player Exception (Julius Randle, expiring 3/10/15) — $1,498,680
- Disabled Player Exception (Steve Nash, expiring 3/10/15) — $4,850,500
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jordan Clarkson, Jeremy Lin, Ronnie Price, Steve Nash (injured)
SG: Wayne Ellington, Nick Young, Kobe Bryant (injured)
SF: Ryan Kelly, Wesley Johnson
PF: Tarik Black, Jordan Hill, Carlos Boozer, Julius Randle (injured)
C: Robert Sacre, Ed Davis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Byron Scott (Four years, $17 million contract starting with the 2014/15 season, final year team option)
- Jim Buss — Owner and Vice President of Player Personnel
- Mitch Kupchak — General Manager
- Glenn Carraro — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected in 2015, top-10 protected in 2016 & 2017, top-5 protected in 2018 & 2019, top-3 protected in 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Houston Rockets (Jeremy Lin).
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (only in the 51 to 55 range) from Los Angeles Clippers (Hassan Adams, David Andersen, Jeremy Lin).
- 2015 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected, top-three protected through 2017, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder (top-40 protected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If 2015 first-rounder not sent to Phoenix by 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Julius Randle (7th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Jordan Clarkson (2014-46th) from the Washington Wizards for cash.
- 7/13/14 — Traded the rights to Sergei Lishchuk (2004-49th) to the Houston Rockets for Jeremy Lin, a protected 2015 first-rounder and a Clippers’ protected 2015 second-rounder.
- 7/13/14 — Signed Julius Randle to a $13.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/18/14 — Claimed Carlos Boozer off amnesty waivers (Chicago Bulls).
- 7/21/14 — Signed Nick Young to a four-year, $21.3 million contract (player option on fourth season).
- 7/21/14 — Signed Ryan Kelly to a two-year, $3.4 million contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Jordan Hill to a two-year, $18 million contract (team option on second season).
- 7/23/14 — Signed Ed Davis to two-year, $2 million minimum contract (player option on second season).
- 7/25/14– Signed Xavier Henry to a one-year, $1.082 million contract.
- 7/28/14 — Signed Wesley Johnson to a one-year, $980k minimum contract.
- 8/25/14 — Signed Jordan Clarkson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/22/14 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Jabari Brown to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Roscoe Smith to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Keith Appling to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Jeremy Tyler to training camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 9/24/14 — Signed Ronnie Price to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 12/28/14 — Claimed Tarik Black off waivers (Houston Rockets)
Waived Players: Kendall Marshall, Jeremy Tyler, Keith Appling, Jabari Brown, Roscoe Smith, Xavier Henry
Free Agents: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ater Majok (2011-58th), Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/20/15)