|Jose Calderon (waived)||$7,315,949|
|Larry Nance Jr.||$1,207,680|
|Metta World Peace||$980,431|
|Anthony Brown (waived)||$874,636|
|Yi Jianlian (waived)||$250,000|
|Zach August (waived)||$60,000|
|David Nwaba (expired 10-day)||$31,969|
|David Nwaba (expired 10-day)||$31,969|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: 2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Jordan Clarkson, Tyler Ennis
SG: D’Angelo Russell, David Nwaba, Nick Young
SF: Brandon Ingram, Corey Brewer, Metta World Peace, Luol Deng
PF: Julius Randle, Larry Nance Jr., Thomas Robinson
C: Ivica Zubac, Tarik Black, Timofey Mozgov
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/24/16 — Fired Byron Scott.
- 5/6/16 — Hired Luke Walton as head coach.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Brandon Ingram (2nd) and Ivica Zubac (32nd).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black and Marcelo Huertas.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Kobe Bryant.
- 7/7/16 — Traded the rights to Ater Majok (2011-58th) to Chicago Bulls for Jose Calderon, a Denver Nuggets 2018 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jordan Clarkson to a four-year, $50 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Luol Deng to a four-year, $72 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Ivica Zubac (2016-32nd) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3.2 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Timofey Mozgov to a four-year, $64 million contract.
- 8/5/16 — Re-signed Marcelo Huertas to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $3,067,500 contract.
- 8/22/16 — Renounced the rights to Ryan Kelly and Metta World Peace.
- 8/22/16 — Signed Yi Jianlian to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $8 million contract ($250,000), with likely incentives based on games played. Base salary is $1,139,123. An additional $2,286,959 in bonus kicks in at 20, 40 and 59 games played.
- 8/23/16 — Signed Brandon Ingram (2016-2nd) to a $23.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/24/16 — Signed Tarik Black to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $12,846,325 contract.
- 8/29/16 — Signed Zach Auguste to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,448,720 contract ($60,000).
- 9/1/16 — Signed Julian Jacobs to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/1/16 — Signed Travis Wear to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/21/16 — Signed Thomas Robinson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,050,961 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Metta World Peace to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,551,659 summer contract.
- 10/26/16 — Picked up team options on Julius Randle, D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr.
- 1/10/17 — Metta World Peace’s $1,551,659 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Thomas Robinson’s $1,050,961 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/21/17 — Fired Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Lou Williams to Houston Rockets for Corey Brewer and a first-rounder.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Marcelo Huertas to Houston Rockets for Tyler Ennis and the rights to Brad Newley (2007-54th).
- 2/28/17 — Signed David Nwaba to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
- 3/11/17 — Signed David Nwaba to a 10-day $31,969 contract.
- 3/21/17 — Signed David Nwaba to a two-year $1,386,139 contract, team option on second season.
Waived Players: Zach Auguste, Julian Jacobs, Travis Wear, Yi Jianlian, Anthony Brown, Jose Calderon
Traded Players: Lou Williams, Marcelo Huertas
Expired 10-Day Contracts: David Nwaba (two)
Head Coach: Luke Walton (hired before 2016/17 season on estimated five-year deal, $5-6 million per season)
Assistants: Brian Shaw (associate head coach), Jesse Mermuys, Mark Madsen, Brian Keefe, Casey Owens (assistant coach and advance professional scout), Jud Buechler (player development), Theo Robertson (player development), Will Scott (video coordinator)
Trainer: Marco Nunez, Nina Hsieh (assistant athletic trainer), Tim DiFrancesco (strength and conditioning coach), Jennifer Swanson (head physical therapist), Lorena Martin (director of sports performance)
- Magic Johnson – president of basketball operations
- Rob Pelinka — general manager
- Glenn Carraro — assistant general manager
- Jesse Buss — owner and assistant general manager/director of scouting
- Ryan West — director of player personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder from Houston Rockets (Lou Williams)
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2018) to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (unprotected) to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard). If a first-rounder not sent to Philadelphia in 2017, pick to Orlando converts to 2017 and 2018 second-rounders.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Chinemelu Elonu (2009-59th), Brad Newley (2007-54th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Tarik Black — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Metta World Peace.
D-League Affiliate: D-Fenders (Nick Mazzella general manager, Coby Karl coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/27/17)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers