|Cole Aldrich (stretched)||$685,340|
|Jordan McLaughlin (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Ricky Rubio, Jordan McLaughlin (two-way), D’Angelo Russell (injured)
SG: Malik Beasley, Jaylen Nowell
SF: Anthony Edwards, Jarred Vanderbilt, Jarrett Culver (injured)
PF: Josh Okogie, Jaden McDaniels, Jake Layman, Juancho Hernangomez
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Naz Reid, Ed Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Ade Murkey, Charlie Brown Jr, Zylan Cheatham, Tyler Cook, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Ashton Hagans (two-way)
Traded Players: James Johnson, Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, coach Sam Newman-Beck)
Two-Way Contracts: Jordan McLaughlin
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Glen Taylor
- Gersson Rosas — president of basketball operations
- Sachin Gupta — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Joe Branch — assistant general manager
- Gianluca Pascucci — assistant general manager
- Manny Rohan — assistant general manager
- Dr. Robby Sikka — vice president of basketball operations and player wellness
Head Coach: Chris Finch
Assistants: David Vanterpool (associate head coach/defensive coordinator), Pablo Prigioni (offensive coordinator), Bryan Gates, Kevin Hanson, Kevin Burleson, Joseph Blair
Trainer: Javair Gillet (vice president of sports science and performance), Gregg Farnam (vice president of player health/head athletic trainer), Bill Burgos (head strength and conditioning coach)
- 2021 — Owe first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2022) to the Golden State Warriors (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors (D’Angelo Russell). May go to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Kelly Oubre).
- 2022 — Owed the higher second-rounder from the Philadelphia 76ers or the Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Ricky Rubio).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Ed Davis).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Anthony Edwards (2020-1st), Aleksej Pokusevski (2020-17th) and Daniel Oturu (2020-33rd).
- 11/29/20 — Traded the rights to Daniel Oturu (2020-33rd) to the Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Mathias Lessort (2017-50th) and a Detroit Pistons 2023-second-rounder.
- 11/19/20 — James Johnson opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Issued qualifying offers to Juancho Hernangomez, Malik Beasley, Jordan McLaughlin and Kelan Martin.
- 11/20/20 — Traded James Johnson, the rights to Aleksej Pokusevski (2020-17th) and a 2024 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the rights to Mathias Lessort (2017-50th) and a Detroit Pistons 2023 second-rounder to the New York Knicks for the rights to Leandro Bolmaro (2020-23rd) from the Knicks, and Ricky Rubio and the rights to Jaden McDaniels (2020-28th) from the Thunder.
- 11/22/20 — Withdrew the qualifying offer to Kelan Martin.
- 11/24/20 — Traded Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman and a 2026 second-rounder to the New York Knicks for Ed Davis.
- 11/25/20 — Re-signed Malik Beasley to a four-year $60 million contract, team option on the final season, with a $300,000 signing bonus ($100,000 applied to the first three seasons).
- 11/27/20 — Re-signed Juancho Hernangomez to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21,037,320 contract (incentives TBD).
- 11/28/20 — Signed Ashton Hagans to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/28/20 — Jarred Vanderbilt’s $1,663,861 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Anthony Edwards (2020-1st) to a $44,271,137 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Jaden McDaniels (2020-28th) to a $10,090,879 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Tyler Cook to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/2/20 — Signed Ade Murkey to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/3/20 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a non-guaranteed $1,882,867 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 9).
- 12/10/20 — Signed Charlie Brown to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/17/20 — Re-signed Jordan McLaughlin to a two-way contract (via his qualifying offer, $50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/18/20 — Waived Ade Murkey.
- 12/19/20 — Signed Zylan Cheatham to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Charlie Brown Jr, Zylan Cheatham, Tyler Cook and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
- 12/28/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Jarrett Culver.
- 12/28/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Josh Okogie.
- 2/13/21 — Waived Ashton Hagans (two-way).
- 2/21/21 — Fired Coach Ryan Saunders.
- 2/22/21 — Hired Coach Chris Finch.
- 2/24/21– Jaylen Nowell and Naz Reid’s $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21
- 3/4/21 — Treveon Graham ($228,505) and Jeff Teague ($500,000) trade exceptions expired.
- 3/22/21 — Gorgui Dieng trade exception ($879,813) expired.
- Karl-Anthony Towns — 5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Leandro Bolmaro (2020-23rd)
- Second-rounders: Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Evan Turner ($27,909,834)
- Non-Bird: Aaron Brooks*** ($1,620,564)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Target Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/26/21)