Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 7 to the Golden State Warriors (D’Angelo Russell), No. 36 to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Russell, Kelly Oubre)
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Leandro Bolmaro (2020-23rd)
- Second-rounders: Paulao Prestes (2010-45th), Henk Norel (2009-47th)
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Ricky Rubio
SG: Malik Beasley, Jaylen Nowell
SF: Anthony Edwards, Josh Okogie, Jarrett Culver
PF: Jaden McDaniels, Juancho Hernangomez, Jake Layman
C: Karl-Anthony Towns, Naz Reid
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Naz Reid $1,782,621 — 8/18/21
- Jaylen Nowell $1,782,621 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Evan Turner*** ($27,909,834), Jarred Vanderbilt ($2,079,826)
- Early Bird: Ed Davis ($6,506,955), Jordan McLaughlin (two-way, RFA)
- Non-Bird: Aaron Brooks*** ($1,669,178)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Jarred Vanderbilt $2,079,826
- Jordan McLaughlin $1,669,178 ($84,414 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Josh Okogie
- Anthony Edwards (third-year)
- Jaden McDaniels (third-year)
- Jarrett Culver (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Iowa Wolves (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, coach Sam Newman-Beck)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Glen Taylor
- Gersson Rosas — president of basketball operations
- Sachin Gupta — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Joe Branch — assistant general manager
- Gianluca Pascucci — assistant general manager
- Manny Rohan — assistant general manager
- Dr. Robby Sikka — vice president of basketball operations and player wellness
Head Coach: Chris Finch
Assistants: Joseph Blair, Micah Nori, Pablo Prigioni
Trainer: Javair Gillet (vice president of sports science and performance), Gregg Farnam (vice president of player health/head athletic trainer), Bill Burgos (head strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — Owed the higher second-rounder from the Philadelphia 76ers or the Denver Nuggets (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2024 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Ricky Rubio).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the New York Knicks (Ed Davis).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarred Vanderbilt.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/18/21 — Naz Reid’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Josh Okogie,
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Jarrett Culver, Jaden McDaniels and Anthony Edwards.
- 1/10/22 — Jaylen Nowell’s $1,782621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Team options on Naz Reid and Jaylen Nowell.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Josh Okogie.
- 6/30/22 — Juancho Hernangomez’ $7,531,880 guarantees for 2022-23 (incentives TBD).
- 7/20/22 — Naz Reid’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline on Jarrett Culver.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels.
- 1/10/23 — Jaylen Nowell’s $1,930,681 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jarrett Culver.
- 6/29/23 — Team option on Malik Beasley.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadlines on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Anthony Edwards and Jaden McDaniels.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 7 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery (will convey to the Golden State Warriors, D’Angelo Russell).
- Karl-Anthony Towns — 5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Target Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)