New York Knicks Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017/18 ($102 million cap): Up to $22.2 million
- Room Exception: $75,000 (Mindaugas Kuzminskas)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
PG: Derrick Rose, Brandon Jennings
SG: Courtney Lee, Justin Holiday, Sasha Vujacic
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Lance Thomas
PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Maurice Ndour
C: Joakim Noah, Kyle O’Quinn, Guillermo Hernangomez, Marshall Plumlee
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kristaps Porzingis ($4,503,600)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 8/7/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Guillermo Hernangomez.
- 8/22/16 — Derrick Rose and Justin Holiday can be traded in a package.
- 12/15/16 — No trade restrictions lift on Maurice Ndour, Marshall Plumlee, Courtney Lee, Sasha Vujacic, Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings and Mindaugas Kuzminskas.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Lance Thomas.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Derrick Rose’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Maurice Ndour’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 6/30/17 — Marshall Plumlee’s salary guarantees at $100,000 for 2017/18.
- 10/20/17 — Marshall Plumlee’s $905,249 guarantees for 2017/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option (player) for Carmelo Anthony.
- Earlier of three days prior to NBA draft or seven days after team’s final game, before 6/29/18 — Player option on Kyle O’Quinn.
- 6/30/18 — Marshall Plumlee’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018/19.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Maurice Ndour.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Marshall Plumlee and Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/30/19 — Lance Thomas’ 2019/20 salary guarantees for $1,000,000.
- 1/10/20 — Lance Thomas’ $7,583,975 guarantees for 2019/20.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/2/16 — Hired Coach Jeff Hornacek.
- 6/22/16 — Traded Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant to Chicago Bulls for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-rounder.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Langston Galloway.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Langston Galloway.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Derrick Williams, Arron Afflalo, Lou Amundson, Kevin Seraphin, Cleanthony Early and Langston Galloway.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5.9 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Joakim Noah to a four-year, $72.6 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Marshall Plumlee to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Mindaugas Kuzminskas to a two-year, $5.8 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Brandon Jennings to a one-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Courtney Lee to a four-year, $48 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Lance Thomas to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $27.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Maurice Ndour to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Re-signed Sasha Vujacic to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten
Traded Players: Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony, Sasha Vujacic (implicit)
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (three-year contract starting with 2016/17 season)
Assistants (TBD): Jim Cleamons, Brian Keefe, Rasheed Hazzard, Joshua Longstaff (player development)
Trainer: Roger Hinds, Anthony Goenaga (assistant)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Orlando Magic have right to swap second-rounders (Kyle O’Quinn), receiving the better of the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers picks.
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Carmelo Anthony — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
D-League Affiliate: Westchester Knicks
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/16)