New York Knicks Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and over the tax threshold.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $19.9-$27.6 million, depending primarily on cap hold of Alexey Shved — less with cap holds for Andrea Bargnani and Jason Smith.
Draft Picks: 2nd (pre-lottery)
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
- Trade Exception (Travis Outlaw, expiring 10/27/15) — $1,863,840
- Trade Exception (J.R. Smith, expiring 1/5/16) — $5,982,375
- Trade Exception (Iman Shumpert, expiring 1/5/16) — $2,616,975
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Andrea Bargnani, Alexey Shved (restricted*), Quincy Acy (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Cole Aldrich
- Limited Bird: Shane Larkin
- Non-Bird: Lou Amundson, Lance Thomas, Jason Smith, Travis Wear (restricted*), Baron Davis**, Mike Bibby**
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Tim Hardaway Jr. (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Roster Count: Four guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Jose Calderon, Langston Galloway
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr., Ricky Ledo
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Cleanthony Early
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Baron Davis — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Mike Bibby — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/20/15)