New York Knicks Team Salary
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jason Smith)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
- Trade Exception (Travis Outlaw, expiring 10/27/15) — $1,863,840
- Trade Exception (J.R. Smith, expiring 1/5/16) — $5,982,375
- Trade Exception (Iman Shumpert, expiring 1/5/16) — $2,616,975
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin
SG: Langston Galloway, Alexey Shved
SF: Tim Hardaway Jr., Cleanthony Earl, Lance Thomas, Carmelo Anthony (injured)
PF: Lou Amundson, Quincy Acy, Travis Wear
C: Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich, Andrea Bargnani
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 6/25/14 — Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 31st and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Cleanthony Early (34th) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (51st) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th) from the Indiana Pacers for cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a $981k, one-year contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a $124.1 million, five-year contract (early termination option on fifth season).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Jason Smith to a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
- 7/31/14 — Signed Cleanthony Early to a two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/6/14 — Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to the Sacramento Kings for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw. Knicks removed protection on 2016 second-rounder.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Travis Wear to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Langston Galloway to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Orlando Sanchez to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/8/14 — Invited DJ Mbenga to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 10/23/14 — Signed Jordan Vandenberg to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/27/14 — Traded Travis Outlaw, the right to swap a 2018 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder for Arnett Moultrie.
- 10/18/14 — Picked up Tim Hardaway Jr.’s third-year option.
- 1/5/15 — Traded J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland Cavaliers for Alex Kirk, Lou Amundson, Lance Thomas and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 1/7/15 — Signed Langston Galloway to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/10/15 — Signed Lance Thomas to a $55.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/10/15 — Signed Lou Amundson to a $77k, $10-day contract.
- 1/17/15 — Signed Langston Galloway to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/20/15 — Signed Lou Amundson to a $77k, $10-day contract.
- 1/21/15 — Signed Lance Thomas to a $55.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/27/15 — Signed Langston Galloway to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.1 million contract.
- 1/30/15 — Signed Lou Amundson for the remainder of the season at $585,775.
- 1/31/15 — Signed Lance Thomas for the remainder of the season at $418,307.
- 2/19/15 — Traded Pablo Prigioni to Houston Rockets for Alexey Shved and two second-round picks.
Waived Players: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Orlando Sanchez, DJ Mbenga, Langston Galloway, Jordan Vandenberg, Arnett Moultrie, Samuel Dalembert, Lance Thomas, Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk, Amar’e Stoudemire
- Non-Bird: Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Baron Davis — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Mike Bibby — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/19/15)