- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
New York Knicks Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Iman Shumpert
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Shane Larkin, Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jason Smith)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
- Trade Exception (Jeremy Tyler, expiring 8/6/15) — $32,920
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Pablo Prigioni
SG: J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Iman Shumpert, Travis Outlaw, Cleanthony Early
PF: Andrea Bargnani, Amar’e Stoudemire, Quincy Acy
C: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/25/14 — Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 31st and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Cleanthony Early (34th) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (51st) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th) from the Indiana Pacers for cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a $981k, one-year contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a $124.1 million, five-year contract (early termination option on fifth season).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Jason Smith to a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
- 7/31/14 — Signed Cleanthony Early to a two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/6/14 — Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to the Sacramento Kings for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw. Knicks removed protection on 2016 second-rounder.
Waived Players: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown
- Early Bird: Kenyon Martin
- Non-Bird: Earl Barron*, Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday). Protections lifted in Wayne Ellington/Travis Outlaw deal.
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Baron Davis (Minimum) — $915,243
Mike Bibby (Minimum) — $915,243
Earl Barron (Minimum) — $915,243
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/27/14)