New York Knicks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $10.5-$33.4 million
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two player options
Draft Picks: None
- Early Bird: Langston Galloway (restricted), Lance Thomas, Lou Amundson, Cleanthony Early (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Kevin Seraphin, Sasha Vujacic
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Tony Wroten ($1,050,961)
Options: Arron Afflalo ($8,000,000 — player), Derrick Williams ($4,598,000 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Langston Galloway ($2,725,003), Cleanthony Early ($1,180,431)
PG: Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant, Tony Wroten
SG: Arron Afflalo
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Derrick Williams
C: Robin Lopez, Kyle O’Quinn
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kristaps Porzingis ($4,503,600), Jerian Grant ($1,713,840)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/16/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Tony Wroten.
- 6/22/16 — Player option on Derrick Williams and Arron Afflalo.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Cleanthony Early and Langston Galloway.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 10/1/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $25,000 for 2016/17.
- First game of the season — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $125,000 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- Earlier of three days prior to NBA draft or seven days after team’s final game, before 6/29/17 — Player option on Kyle O’Quinn.
- 12/15/16 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $345,000 for 2016/17.
- 1/10/17 — Tony Wroten’s salary guarantees for $1,050,961 for 2016/17.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option (player) for Carmelo Anthony.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis and Jerian Grant.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th), Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th)
Interim Head Coach: Kurt Rambis
Assistants: Jim Cleamons, Brian Keefe, Rasheed Hazzard, Joshua Longstaff (player development)
Trainer: Roger Hinds, Anthony Goenaga (assistant)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Orlando Magic have right to swap second-rounders (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $100k to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn),
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Carmelo Anthony — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
D-League Affiliate: Westchester Knicks
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)