- Bennett Breathing Easy, Playing Better Without Tonsils
- NBA PM: Utah Jazz Assemble Promising Core
- Ed Davis Excited for Fresh Start on Lakers
- NBA PM: The Veterans of Summer League
- Love Willing to Exercise Option if Traded to Warriors
- NBA PM: What Losing Stephenson Means to the Pacers
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds: Day 6
- Crossroads With Charlie Villanueva Pt. 2
- NBA Summer League Studs & Duds Day 5
- 2014 NBA Free Agency Losers
New York Knicks Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Iman Shumpert
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Shane Larkin, Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jason Smith)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Pablo Prigioni
SG: J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr., Wayne Ellington
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Iman Shumpert
PF: Andrea Bargnani, Amar’e Stoudemire
C: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich, Jeremy Tyler
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/25/14 — Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 31st and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Cleanthony Early (34th) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (51st) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th) from the Indiana Pacers for cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a $981k, one-year contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a $124.1 million, five-year contract (early termination option on fifth season).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Jason Smith to a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
Waived Players: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown
- Early Bird: Kenyon Martin
- Non-Bird: Toure’ Murry, Earl Barron*, Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Cleanthony Early (2014-34th), Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after possible Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31 to 37 range) to Portland Trail Blazers (Raymond Felton).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Baron Davis (Minimum) — $915,243
Mike Bibby (Minimum) — $915,243
Earl Barron (Minimum) — $915,243
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/25/14)