- NBA Playoff Matchups, Schedule Set
- Clifford’s Critique Led to Walker’s Success
- Phil Jackson’s Carmelo Anthony Conundrum
- NBA PM: Al Jefferson Deserves MVP Consideration
- Time For Pacers’ Frank Vogel To Feel The Heat?
- Head-to-Head: Knocking off the Pacers/Heat
- Cheap Seats: Defensive Player of the Year?
- The True Cost of Guaranteed Contracts in the NBA
- “Tanking” Just Isn’t a Big Deal
- How Zach LaVine Can Help Your Favorite NBA Team
New York Knicks Team Salary
2014 NBA Draft: None. 12th to Orlando (via Denver) & 42nd (to Houston)
2014/15 Projected Space ($62.9 million cap estimate): None to $29.4 million
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Raymond Felton, Pablo Prigioni
SG: J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr., Toure Murry, Shannon Brown
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Iman Shumpert
PF: Andrea Bargnani, Amar’e Stoudemire, Kenyon Martin, Lamar Odom
C: Tyson Chandler, Jeremy Tyler, Cole Aldrich
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Woodson (under contract through the 2014/15 season)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after possible Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (31 to 37 range) to Portland Trail Blazers (Raymond Felton).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Tim Hardaway Jr. (24th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/8/13 — Signed Tim Hardaway Jr. on an estimated $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/13 — Signed C.J. Leslie to a two-year, $1.3 million minimum contract (non/partial-guaranteed)
- 7/10/13 — Traded Marcus Camby, Steven Novak and Quentin Richardson (S&T), along with a 2016 first-round pick and second-round picks in 2014 and 2017, to the Toronto Raptors for Andrea Bargnani.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Pablo Prigioni to a three-year, $5 million contract (third year non/partial-guaranteed).
- 7/11/13 — Signed J.R. Smith to a three-year, $18 million contract.
- 7/13/13 — Did not match the Indiana Pacer’s offer sheet to Chris Copeland.
- 7/16/13 — Signed Metta World Peace to a two-year, $3.3 million contract (second season player option).
- 7/24/13 — Signed Kenyon Martin to a one-year, minimum $1.4 million contract.
- 8/6/13 — Signed Jeremy Tyler to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 8/8/13 — Signed Beno Udrih to a one-year, $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Toure Murry to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/10/13 — Signed Chris Smith to a two-year, non/partially-guaranteed $1.3 million minimum contract.
- 9/23/13 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a one-year, non-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/26/13 — Signed Ike Diogu to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Justin Brownlee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/30/13 — Signed Josh Powell to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million contract.
- 10/2/13 — Signed Chris Douglas-Roberts to a one-year, non-guaranteed $948k minimum contract.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Iman Shumpert.
- 12/31/13 — Signed Jeremy Tyler to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 2/27/14 — Signed Earl Clark to a 10-day contract.
- 2/27/14 — Signed Shannon Brown to a 10-day contract.
- 3/10/14 — Signed Earl Clark to second 10-day contract.
- 3/10/14 — Signed Shannon Brown to a second 10-day contract.
- 3/20/14 – Signed Shannon Brown to a two-year, partially guaranteed $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 4/16/14 — Signed Lamar Odom to a two-year, partially guaranteed minimum contract.
Waived Players: Justin Brownlee, C.J. Leslie, Ike Diogu, Josh Powell, Jeremy Tyler, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Chris Smith, Metta World Peace, Beno Udrih, Earl Clark
- Non-Bird: Earl Barron, Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
Baron Davis (Minimum) — $884,293
Mike Bibby (Minimum) — $884,293
Earl Barron (Minimum) — $884,293
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/14)