New York Knicks Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Iman Shumpert
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jason Smith)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
- Trade Exception (Jeremy Tyler, expiring 8/6/15) — $32,920
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, two camp invite
PG: Jose Calderon, Shane Larkin, Pablo Prigioni, Langston Galloway
SG: J.R. Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Iman Shumpert, Travis Outlaw, Cleanthony Early
PF: Andrea Bargnani, Amar’e Stoudemire, Quincy Acy, Travis Wear, Orlando Sanchez
C: Samuel Dalembert, Jason Smith, Cole Aldrich, DJ Mbenga
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/25/14 — Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 31st and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Cleanthony Early (34th) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (51st) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th) from the Indiana Pacers for cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a $981k, one-year contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a $124.1 million, five-year contract (early termination option on fifth season).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Jason Smith to a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
- 7/31/14 — Signed Cleanthony Early to a two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/6/14 — Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to the Sacramento Kings for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw. Knicks removed protection on 2016 second-rounder.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Travis Wear to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Langston Galloway to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Orlando Sanchez to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/8/14 — Invited DJ Mbenga to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 10/16/14 — Picked up Shane Larkin’s third-year option.
Waived Players: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown
- Early Bird: Kenyon Martin
- Non-Bird: Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Baron Davis (Minimum) — $915,243
Mike Bibby (Minimum) — $915,243
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/16/14)