New York Knicks Team Salary
Quick: Cap space spent.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $11.5-$35.1 million
- Trade Exception (Jerian Grant, expiring 6/22/17) — $1,572,360
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: Five guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th), Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th)
- Early Bird: Langston Galloway (restricted), Lance Thomas, Lou Amundson, Cleanthony Early (restricted)
- Non-Bird: Arron Afflalo, Derrick Williams, Kevin Seraphin, Sasha Vujacic
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: None
Qualifying Offers: Langston Galloway ($2,725,003), Cleanthony Early ($1,180,431)
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Justin Holiday
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kristaps Porzingis
C: Kyle O’Quinn
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kristaps Porzingis ($4,503,600)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Cleanthony Early and Langston Galloway.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/22/16 — Derrick Rose and Justin Holiday can be traded in a package.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Jerian Grant.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Derrick Rose’s contract.
- 6/22/17 — Jerian Grant trade exception expires.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/23/18 — Early Termination option (player) for Carmelo Anthony.
- Earlier of three days prior to NBA draft or seven days after team’s final game, before 6/29/18 — Player option on Kyle O’Quinn.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kristaps Porzingis.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/2/16 — Hired Coach Jeff Hornacek.
- 6/22/16 — Traded Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant to Chicago Bulls for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-rounder.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten
Traded Players: Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (three-year contract starting with 2016/17 season)
Assistants (TBD): Jim Cleamons, Brian Keefe, Rasheed Hazzard, Joshua Longstaff (player development)
Trainer: Roger Hinds, Anthony Goenaga (assistant)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Orlando Magic have right to swap second-rounders (Kyle O’Quinn), receiving the better of the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers picks.
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $100k to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn),
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Carmelo Anthony — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
D-League Affiliate: Westchester Knicks
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)