New York Knicks Team Salary
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Jason Smith)
- Trade Exception (Raymond Felton, expiring 6/25/15) — $3,637,073
- Trade Exception (Travis Outlaw, expiring 10/27/15) — $1,863,840
- Trade Exception (J.R. Smith, expiring 1/5/16) — $5,982,375
- Trade Exception (Iman Shumpert, expiring 1/5/16) — $2,616,975
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, two 10-day contracts
PG: Jose Calderon, Pablo Prigioni, Shane Larkin
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr., Langston Galloway
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Cleanthony Early
PF: Jason Smith, Travis Wear, Lou Amundson, Amar’e Stoudemire (injured)
C: Cole Aldrich, Quincy Acy, Andrea Bargnani (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Derek Fisher (signed in 2014 to a five-year deal for up to $25 million)
- Phil Jackson- President
- Steve Mills — Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Allan Houston — Assistant General Manager
- Jamie Matthews — Vice President, Basketball Operations
- Mark Warkentien — Director, Player Personnel
- Glen Grunwald — Basketball Advisor
- John Gabriel — Director, Basketball Operations
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Marcus Camby).
- 2016 — Denver Nuggets have right to swap first-rounders (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (after Denver swap) to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 6/25/14 — Traded Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to the Dallas Mavericks for Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, Shane Larkin, and the 31st and 51st picks in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Selected Cleanthony Early (34th) and Thanasis Antetokounmpo (51st) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th) from the Indiana Pacers for cash.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Cole Aldrich to a $981k, one-year contract.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a $124.1 million, five-year contract (early termination option on fifth season).
- 7/18/14 — Signed Jason Smith to a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
- 7/31/14 — Signed Cleanthony Early to a two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/6/14 — Traded Wayne Ellington and Jeremy Tyler to the Sacramento Kings for Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw. Knicks removed protection on 2016 second-rounder.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Travis Wear to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/9/14 — Signed Langston Galloway to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 9/23/14 — Invited Orlando Sanchez to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/8/14 — Invited DJ Mbenga to camp on a one-year, non-guaranteed $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 10/23/14 — Signed Jordan Vandenberg to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $507k minimum contract.
- 10/27/14 — Traded Travis Outlaw, the right to swap a 2018 second-rounder and a 2019 second-rounder for Arnett Moultrie.
- 10/18/14 — Picked up Tim Hardaway Jr.’s third-year option.
- 1/5/15 — Traded J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to Cleveland Cavaliers for Alex Kirk, Lou Amundson, Lance Thomas and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 1/7/15 — Signed Langston Galloway to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/10/15 — Signed Lance Thomas to a $55.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/10/15 — Signed Lou Amundson to a $77k, $10-day contract.
- 1/17/15 — Signed Langston Galloway to a $29.8k, 10-day contract.
- 1/20/15 — Signed Lou Amundson to a $77k, $10-day contract.
Waived Players: Lamar Odom, Shannon Brown, Orlando Sanchez, DJ Mbenga, Langston Galloway, Jordan Vandenberg, Arnett Moultrie, Samuel Dalembert, Lance Thomas, Lou Amundson, Alex Kirk, Lance Thomas (10-day expired)
- Early Bird: Kenyon Martin
- Non-Bird: Baron Davis*, Mike Bibby*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Thanasis Antetokounmpo (2014-51st, Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th), Ahmad Nivins (2009-56th)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Used on Chauncey Billups.
Baron Davis — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Mike Bibby — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Kenyon Martin — $915,243 (Early Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/20/15)