|Brandon Jennings (waived)||$5,000,000|
|Lou Amundson (waived)||$980,431|
|Chasson Randle (waived)||$100,000|
|J.P. Tokoto (waived)||$100,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Room Exception: $0 (Mindaugas Kuzminskas)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Derrick Rose, Chasson Randle, Sasha Vujacic
SG: Courtney Lee, Justin Holiday, Ron Baker
SF: Carmelo Anthony, Lance Thomas
PF: Kristaps Porzingis, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Maurice Ndour
C: Guillermo Hernangomez, Kyle O’Quinn, Marshall Plumlee, Joakim Noah (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/2/16 — Hired Coach Jeff Hornacek.
- 6/22/16 — Traded Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon and Jerian Grant to Chicago Bulls for Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-rounder.
- 6/30/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Langston Galloway.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Langston Galloway.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Derrick Williams, Arron Afflalo, Lou Amundson, Kevin Seraphin, Cleanthony Early and Langston Galloway.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Guillermo Hernangomez (2015-35th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5.9 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Joakim Noah to a four-year, $72.6 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Marshall Plumlee to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Mindaugas Kuzminskas to a two-year, $5,923,035 contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Brandon Jennings to a one-year, $5 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Courtney Lee to a four-year, $48 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Lance Thomas to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $27.5 million contract.
- 7/12/16 — Signed Maurice Ndour to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Re-signed Sasha Vujacic to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/26/16 — Signed Amar’e Stoudemire to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,551,659 contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Ron Baker to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 8/1/16 — Signed J.P. Tokoto to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 8/1/16 — Signed Chasson Randle to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/19/16 — Signed Lou Amundson to a one-year, $1,551,659 contract.
- 10/11/16 — Signed Damien Ingles to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/18/16 — Signed Cleanthony Early to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 10/18/16 — Picked up Kristaps Porzingis’ third-year option.
- 1/10/17 — Ron Baker’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/27/17 — Signed Chasson Randle to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1,456,471 contract.
Waived Players: Tony Wroten, Amar’e Stoudemire, J.P. Tokoto, Chasson Randle, Lou Amundson, Damien Ingles, Cleanthony Early, Brandon Jennings
Traded Players: Robin Lopez, Jose Calderon, Jerian Grant
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Carmelo Anthony
Head Coach: Jeff Hornacek (three-year contract starting with 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jim Cleamons, Brian Keefe, Rasheed Hazzard, Joshua Longstaff (player development)
Trainer: Roger Hinds, Anthony Goenaga (assistant)
- Phil Jackson- president
- Steve Mills — executive vice president and general manager
- Allan Houston — assistant general manager
- Jamie Matthews — vice president, basketball operations
- Mark Warkentien — director, player personnel
- Glen Grunwald — basketball advisor
- John Gabriel — director, basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andrea Bargnani, Steve Novak), may go to Philadelphia 76ers (Tibor Pleiss).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap the Los Angeles Clippers’ second-rounder with the Knicks second-rounder (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Dion Waiters).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Houston Rockets (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Travis Outlaw).
- 2019 — Orlando Magic have right to swap second-rounders (Kyle O’Quinn), receiving the better of the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers picks.
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Guillermo Hernangomez).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Louis Labeyrie (2014-57th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Carmelo Anthony — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Westchester Knicks
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/29/17)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan