Quick: Over the cap and tax
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $33.3 million, likely over the cap depending on the player options/rights of Al Horford, Kyrie Irving, Aron Baynes, Terry Rozier, etc., and draft pick protections (Memphis Grizzlies).
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Marcus Smart
SG: Jaylen Brown
SF: Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward
PF: Semi Ojeleye, Guerschon Yabusele
C: Robert Williams
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Abdel Nader, expiring 7/23/19) — $450,000
- Trade Exception (Jabari Bird, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,349,383
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Al Horford (PO), Kyrie Irving (PO), Terry Rozier (RFA*, $9,151,170)
- Early Bird: Aron Baynes (PO), Daniel Theis (RFA*, $1,818,486), Jonathan Gibson (RFA*, $1,876,700)
- Non-Bird: Shane Larkin ($1,618,520), Brad Wanamaker (RFA*, $1,643,842), P.J. Dozier (two-way), R.J. Hunter (two-way)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Semi Ojeleye $1,618,520
2019 Draft Picks: 9th* or lower (from the Memphis Grizzlies, top-8 protected), 14th* (from the Sacramento Kings, if 1st, Boston receives 24th from the Philadelphia 76ers instead), 20th (from the Los Angeles Clippers), 22nd, 51st
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Scott Morrison, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Performance: Art Horne
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- 2019 — Owed the higher of Sacramento Kings’ first-rounder (Nik Stauskas) or Philadelphia’s own pick, but both are top-pick protected (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Atlanta Hawks (Jabari Bird).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $450,000 to Oklahoma City Thunder (Abdel Nader); $2,055,910 to the Atlanta Hawks (for Jabari Bird) — $2,737,090 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Al Horford and Aron Baynes.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jonathan Gibson, Brad Wanamaker, Daniel Theis and Terry Rozier.
- 7/1/19 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/23/19 — Abel Nader trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Robert Williams, Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 2/7/20 — Jabari Bird trade exception expires.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/29/20 — Team option on Semi Ojeleye.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Robert Williams,
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Robert Williams.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Robert Williams.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- Al Horford — 15 percent
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: TD Garden
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)