Boston Celtics Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $6.1-$51.7 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 16 guaranteed, four partially-guaranteed
PG: Marcus Smart, Isaiah Thomas, Terry Rozier
SG: Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, R.J. Hunter, Corey Walden, Malcolm Miller, Levi Randolph
SF: Jonas Jerebko, Evan Turner, James Young, Perry Jones III, Coty Clarke
PF: David Lee, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, Jordan Mickey
C: Amir Johnson, Tyler Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Marcus Smart (third-year), James Young (third-year), Kelly Olynyk (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones III
- 8/26/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Terry Rozier and R.J. Hunter.
- 9/27/15 — The no-aggregate restriction lifts on David Lee.
- 10/31/15 — Team options for Marcus Smart, James Young and Kelly Olynyk.
- 10/31/15 — Extension deadline for Tyler Zeller, Jared Sullinger and Perry Jones III.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jonas Jerebko, Corey Walden, Levi Randolph Cory Clarke, and Amir Johnson.
- 1/10/16 — Levi Randolph, Coty Clarke, Malcolm Miller and Corey Walden’s $525k guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jae Crowder.
- 7/3/16 — Amir Johnson’s $12.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/3/16 — Jonas Jerebko’s $5.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Corey Walden’s $875k guarantees for 17/18.
- 7/1/17 — Jordan Mickey’s $1.3 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 6/30/18 — Team option for Jordan Mickey.
- 7/1/18 — Jordan Mickey’s $1.3 million guarantees for 18/19.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Terry Rozier with the 16th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected R.J. Hunter with the 28th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jordan Mickey with the 33rd pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Marcus Thornton with the 45th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jae Crowder.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Chris Wilcox, Shaquille O’Neal, Michael Olowokandi, Scot Pollard, Stephon Marbury, Grant Long, Nenad Krstic, Michael Finley, Mark Bryant, P.J. Brown and Carlos Arroyo.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Jonas Jerebko to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $10 million deal.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Amir Johnson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $24 million deal.
- 7/14/15 — Renounced the rights to Roshown McLeod.
- 7/14/15 — Traded a 2018 protected (top-55) second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder for Perry Jones III, a Detroit Pistons’ 2019 second-rounder and $1.5 million.
- 7/19/15 — Signed Jordan Mickey (2015-33rd) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5.0 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Renounced the rights to Dana Barros.
- 7/27/15 — Traded a protected 2019 second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT for Zoran Dragic, a 2020 second-rounder and $1.6 million.
- 7/27/15 — Traded Gerald Wallace and Chris Babb to Golden State Warriors for David Lee.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Jae Crowder to a five-year, $35 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Terry Rozier (2015-16th) to an $8.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed R.J. Hunter (2015-28th) to a $5.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/4/15 — Signed Corey Walden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($25k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/7/15 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a partially-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 8/12/15 — Signed Levi Randolph to a partially-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 8/21/15 — Signed Coty Clarke to a non-guaranteed, $525k minimum summer contract.
Waived Players: Phil Pressey, Zoran Dragic
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marcus Thornton (2015-45th), Colton Iverson (2013-53rd), Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — President of Basketball Operations
- Mike Zarren — Assistant General Manager & Team Counsel
- Austin Ainge — Director of Player Personnel
- David Sparks — Director of Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson, Brandan Wright).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected through 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Dallas Mavericks (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Arnett Moultrie, Joel Anthony).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Joel Anthony).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Rajon Rondo). Pick could be from Memphis Grizzlies, better pick between Dallas and Memphis goes to Boston.
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Jerryd Bayless). Pick could go to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected, top-12 in 2018, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2017 — Right to swap first-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Austin Rivers).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett), if in 46-60 range and Boston swaps its first-rounder swapped with Brooklyn.
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $1.5 million from Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III), $1.6 million from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic) — $300k remaining
Early Bird: Luigi Datome
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Amnesty: Expired unused.
- Luigi Datome — $2,275,000 (Early Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/21/15)