Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier, Brad Wanamaker
SG: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart
SF: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris, Abdel Nader
PF: Jayson Tatum, Semi Ojeleye, Daniel Theis, Guerschon Yabusele, Robert Williams
C: Al Horford, Aron Baynes
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Greg Monroe ($6,000,000, non-Bird)
- Shane Larkin ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jonathan Gibson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jabari Bird (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Abdel Nader $1,378,242 (guaranteed $450,000)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,641,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: Kadeem Allen (two-way)
Traded Players: None
- Al Horford — 15 percent
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- 2019 — Owed the higher of Sacramento Kings’ first-rounder (Nik Stauskas) or Philadelphia’s own pick, but both are top-pick protected (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six protected in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following Clippers’ obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 8/1/18 — Abdel Nader’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 8/4/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Robert Williams.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Terry Rozier.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Jayson Tatum, Guerschon Yabusele and Jaylen Brown.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Aron Baynes and Brad Wanamaker.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Marcus Smart.
- 6/29/19 — Player options for Al Horford and Aron Baynes.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Brad Wanamaker, Daniel Theis and Terry Rozier.
- 7/1/19 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/15/19 — Abdel Nader’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Robert Williams, Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Abdel Nader and Semi Ojeleye.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 7/15/20 — Abdel Nader’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Robert Williams,
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Robert Williams.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Robert Williams.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Robert Williams (27th).
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Marcus Smart and Jabari Bird.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Brad Wanamaker to a one-year $838,464 minimum contract.
- 8/5/18 — Signed Robert Williams (2018-27th) to a $9,283,858 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Aron Baynes to a two-year, $10,646,880 contract, player option in final season.
- 7/10/18 — Daniel Theis’ $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/19/18 — Signed Marcus Smart to a four-year $51,999,900 contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: TD Garden
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/18)