Boston Celtics Team Salary
Quick: Currently under the cap by $1,107,840
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): $29.4 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Jonas Jerebko ($9,500,000), Kelly Olynyk (RFA, $7,735,033)
- Early Bird: Amir Johnson ($12,000,000)
- Non-Bird: Gerald Green ($1,471,382)
- Declined First: James Young ($2,803,507)
- Tyler Zeller $8,000,000
- Demetrius Jackson $1,384,750 ($650,000 guaranteed)
- Jordan Mickey $1,471,382
2017 Draft Picks: 1st (from Brooklyn Nets, lottery TBD), 37th (from Minnesota Timberwolves, may be 36th depending on lottery), 53rd (from Cleveland Cavaliers), 56th (from Los Angeles Clippers); Own 27 and 57 to Brooklyn Nets
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Guerschon Yabusele (2016-16th, cap hold $2,247,480), Ante Zizic (2016-23rd, cap hold $1,645,200)
- Second-rounders: Abdel Nader (2016-58th), Marcus Thornton (2015-45th), Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Demetrius Jackson
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Jae Crowder, Jordan Mickey
C: Al Horford, Tyler Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/22/17 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kelly Olynyk.
- 7/2/17 — Tyler Zeller’s $8,000,000 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/15/17 — Demetrius Jackson’s $1,384,750 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/15/17 — Jordan Mickey’s $1,471,382 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Marcus Smart.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Terry Rozier and Jaylen Brown.
- 6/29/18 — Team option for Jordan Mickey.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Marcus Smart.
- 7/1/18 — Demetrius Jackson’s $1,544,951 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Jordan Mickey’s $1,600,520 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Terry Rozier.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Jaylen Brown.
- 6/24/19 — Estimated player option for Demetrius Jackson
- 6/29/19 — Estimated player option for Al Horford.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Terry Rozier.
- 7/1/19 — Demetrius Jackson’s $1,676,735 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaylen Brown.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following Clippers’ obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Al Horford — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/18/17)