Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier
SG: Gordon Hayward. Jaylen Brown, Kadeem Allen (two-way)
SF: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Morris, Abdel Nader
PF: Semi Ojeleye, Daniel Theis, Guerschon Yabusele
C: Al Horford
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Greg Monroe ($6,000,000, non-Bird)
- Marcus Smart (RFA $13,614,060, Full Bird)
- Aron Baynes ($5,193,600, non-Bird)
- Shane Larkin ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jonathan Gibson (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jabari Bird (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Semi Ojeleye $1,378,242 (guaranteed $901,965)
- Abdel Nader $1,378,242 (guaranteed $450,000)
- Daniel Theis $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 27th (cap hold $1,450,956); Own 57th to Oklahoma City (Perry Jones III)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Al Horford — 15 percent
- Gordon Hayward — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Two-Way Contracts: Kadeem Allen (second of two-year deal)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal; three-year extension added on in May 2016)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry, Jerome Allen
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — president of basketball operations
- Mike Zarren — assistant general manager & team counsel
- Austin Ainge — director of player personnel
- David Sparks — director of basketball analytics
- David Lewin — director of scouting
- 2019 — Owed the higher of Sacramento Kings’ first-rounder (Nik Stauskas) or Philadelphia’s own pick, but both are top-pick protected (Jayson Tatum).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-eight, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green, Deyonta Davis), two years following Clippers’ obligation to Toronto Raptors.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Marcus Smart and Jonathan Gibson.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/10/18 — Daniel Theis’ $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/15/18 — Kadeem Allen’s two-year contract guarantees for 2018-19.
- 8/1/18 — Abdel Nader’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- Before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Terry Rozier.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Jayson Tatum, Guerschon Yabusele and Jaylen Brown.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Al Horford.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Daniel Theis and Terry Rozier.
- 7/1/19 — Semi Ojeleye’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/15/19 — Abdel Nader’s $1,618,520 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Gordon Hayward.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Abdel Nader and Semi Ojeleye.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jaylen Brown.
- 7/15/20 — Abdel Nader’s $1,752,950 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jayson Tatum and Guerschon Yabusele.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: TD Garden
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)