|David Lee (waived)||$14,414,799|
|Perry Jones III (waived)||$2,038,206|
|Zoran Dragic (waived)||$1,706,250|
|Coty Clarke (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
|Corey Walden (waived)||$25,000|
|Malcolm Miller (waived)||$25,000|
|Levi Randolph (waived)||$25,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $27.4-$49.6 million
- Room: $2,789,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier
SG: Avery Bradley, R.J. Hunter
SF: Jae Crowder, Evan Turner, Jonas Jerebko, James Young, John Holland
PF: Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Jordan Mickey
C: Jared Sullinger, Tyler Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyler Zeller and Jared Sullinger.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/3/16 — Amir Johnson’s $12.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/3/16 — Jonas Jerebko’s $5.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/11/216 — No-trade restriction lifts on John Holland.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, James Young and R.J. Hunter.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Kelly Olynyk.
- 1/10/17 — Estimated date for John Holland’s $874,636 guarantee for 2016/17.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Kelly Olynyk and John Holland.
- 7/15/17 — Jordan Mickey’s $1.3 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Marcus Smart and James Young.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Terry Rozier and R.J. Hunter.
- 6/29/18 — Team option for Jordan Mickey.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for James Young and Marcus Smart.
- 7/15/18 — Jordan Mickey’s $1.3 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Terry Rozier and R.J. Hunter.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Terry Rozier and R.J. Hunter.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Terry Rozier with the 16th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected R.J. Hunter with the 28th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jordan Mickey with the 33rd pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Marcus Thornton with the 45th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Jae Crowder.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Chris Wilcox, Shaquille O’Neal, Michael Olowokandi, Scot Pollard, Stephon Marbury, Grant Long, Nenad Krstic, Michael Finley, Mark Bryant, P.J. Brown and Carlos Arroyo.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Jonas Jerebko to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $10 million deal.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Amir Johnson to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $24 million deal.
- 7/14/15 — Renounced the rights to Roshown McLeod.
- 7/14/15 — Traded a 2018 protected (top-55) second-rounder to Oklahoma City Thunder for Perry Jones III, a Detroit Pistons’ 2019 second-rounder and $1.5 million.
- 7/19/15 — Signed Jordan Mickey (2015-33rd) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $5.0 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Renounced the rights to Dana Barros.
- 7/27/15 — Traded a protected 2019 second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT for Zoran Dragic, a 2020 second-rounder and $1.6 million.
- 7/27/15 — Traded Gerald Wallace and Chris Babb to Golden State Warriors for David Lee.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Jae Crowder to a five-year, $35 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Terry Rozier (2015-16th) to an $8.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed R.J. Hunter (2015-28th) to a $5.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/4/15 — Signed Corey Walden to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($25k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/7/15 — Signed Malcolm Miller to a partially-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 8/12/15 — Signed Levi Randolph to a partially-guaranteed ($25k) $525k minimum contract.
- 8/21/15 — Signed Coty Clarke to a non-guaranteed, $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/30/15 — Picked up team options on Marcus Smart, James Young and Kelly Olynyk.
- 3/7/16 — Signed Coty Clarke to a $30,888, 10-day contract.
- 3/17/16 — Signed Coty Clarke to a second $30,888, 10-day contract.
- 4/11/16 — Signed John Holland to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $895,636 contract.
Waived Players: Phil Pressey, Zoran Dragic, Malcolm Miller, Levi Randolph, Coty Clarke, Corey Walden, Perry Jones III, David Lee, Coty Clarke (expired 10-days)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marcus Thornton (2015-45th), Colton Iverson (2013-53rd), Josip Sesar (2000-47th), Ben Pepper (1997-55th)
Head Coach: Brad Stevens (hired in 2013 on a six-year, $22 million deal)
Assistants: Jamie Young, Jay Larranaga, Walter McCarty, Micah Shrewsberry
Trainer: Ed Lacerte, Bryan Doo (strength and conditioning)
- Danny Ainge — President of Basketball Operations
- Mike Zarren — Assistant General Manager & Team Counsel
- Austin Ainge — Director of Player Personnel
- David Sparks — Director of Basketball Analytics
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected else converts to 2016 and 2017 second-rounders) from Minnesota Timberwolves (Robin Lopez, Wesley Johnson, Brandan Wright).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-seven protected through 2020, unprotected in 2021) from Dallas Mavericks (Rajon Rondo).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Philadelphia 76ers (Arnett Moultrie, Joel Anthony).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Joel Anthony).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Dallas Mavericks (Rajon Rondo). Pick could be from Memphis Grizzlies, better pick between Dallas and Memphis goes to Boston.
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Jerryd Bayless). Pick could go to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Right to swap first-rounders with the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Clippers (Austin Rivers).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Keith Bogans).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett), if in 46-60 range and Boston swaps its first-rounder swapped with Brooklyn.
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) from Memphis Grizzlies (Jeff Green).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Detroit Pistons (Reggie Jackson, Perry Jones III).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Memphis Grizzlies (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $1.5 million from Oklahoma City Thunder (Perry Jones III), $1.6 million from Miami HEAT (Zoran Dragic) — $300k remaining
Early Bird: Luigi Datome
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Maine Red Claws
Amnesty: Expired unused.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer pleased with DeMarre Carroll
- Pelicans coach Willie Green: “Zion Williamson looked amazing”
- Lakers expected to pursue Irving, Grant, Turner, and Wiggins in 2023
- Jamal Crawford is frontrunner to replace Dwyane Wade on NBA on TNT
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list