Quick: Up to $3.1 million under the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $16.0 million
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jeremy Lin, Spencer Dinwiddie, Isaiah Whitehead
SG: D’Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert
SF: DeMarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe
PF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
C: Jarrett Allen, Timofey Mozgov
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Jahlil Okafor ($6,313,832, restricted Bird)
- Nik Stauskas (RFA $11,421,441, full Bird)
- Dante Cunningham ($4,370,000, full Bird)
- Randy Foye* ($3,000,000, non-Bird)
- Quincy Acy ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- Joe Harris ($1,499,698, early Bird)
- James Webb (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Milton Doyle (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Spencer Dinwiddie $1,656,092
- Isaiah Whitehead $1,544,951
Draft Picks: 29th from Toronto Raptors (DeMarre Carroll, cap hold $1,431,631), 40th from Los Angeles Lakers (Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll, Dwight Howard), 45th from Milwaukee Bucks (Tyler Zeller); 8th to Cleveland Cavaliers (Kevin Garnett, Kyrie Irving), 38th to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
- Projected 2018-19 Room Exception: $4,411,290
- Trade Exception (Rashad Vaughn, expiring 2/8/19) — $1,889,040
Note: Exceptions to be renounced if the team goes under the cap, which, in turn, adds the Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Jeremy Lin — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Ronald Nored)
Two-Way Contracts: Milton Doyle (one-year), James Webb (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Pablo Prigioni, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant), Travon Bryant (assistant player development coach)
Trainer: Lloyd Becket (head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Zach Weatherford (director of player performance), Dan Meehan (head strength and conditioning coach), Aisling Toolan (director of physical therapy), Sebastien Poirier (assistant athletic trainer), Lauren Green (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw, Jahlil Okafor).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko) or Orlando Magic (Anzejs Pasecniks), with the higher of New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez) and Brooklyn Nets’ second-rounders to Philadelphia and lower to Orlando.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nik Stauskas.
- 6/30/18 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Caris LeVert.
- First day before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 1/10/19 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 2/8/19 — Rashad Vaughn trade exception expires.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jarrett Allen.
- 6/24/19 — Estimated team option on Isaiah Whitehead.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Andrew Nicholson and Allen Crabbe.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 6/30/19 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day before start of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jarrett Allen.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarrett Allen.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Barclays Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)