Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$41.1 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $2,464,000 (partially used on Shane Larkin and Wayne Ellington)
- Trade Exception (Kevin Garnett, expiring 2/19/16) — $262,131 — partially used on Steve Blake
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 6/27/16) — $1,357,080
- Trade Exception (Steve Blake, expiring 7/13/16) — $2,170,465
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Donald Sloan, Shane Larkin, Jarrett Jack (injured)
SG: Bojan Bogdanovic, Markel Brown, Sergey Karasev
SF: Joe Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (injured)
PF: Thaddeus Young, Thomas Robinson, Chris McCullough
C: Brook Lopez, Willie Reed, Andrea Bargnani
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 2/19/16 — Kevin Garnett $262k trade exception expires.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/16 — Mason Plumlee $1.4 million trade exception expires.
- 6/30/16 — Jarrett Jack’s $6.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/13/16 — Steve Blake $2.2 million trade exception expires.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Thaddeus Young opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic.
- 6/25/15 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder, 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Chris McCullough with the 29th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to Portland Trail Blazers for Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd).
- 6/29/15 — Brook Lopez opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Alan Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/15 — Signed Chris McCullough to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/15 — Signed Ryan Boatright to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k), $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/6/15 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15– Signed Shane Larkin to a two-year, $3.0 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Brook Lopez to a three-year, $63.5 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Rescinded the qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic,
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Thaddeus Young to a four-year, $54.0 million contract, player option on final season. Young has a base salary of $50.0 million, with $1 million in annual incentives.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Thomas Robinson to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Willie Reed to a partially-guaranteed, one-year $947k.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, $3.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/11/15 — Stretched the salary of Deron Williams, at $5.47 million a year for $27.4 million total.
- 7/13/15 — Traded Steve Blake to Detroit Pistons for Quincy Miller.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Andrea Bargnani to a two-year, $2.9 million deal, player option on second season.
- 8/10/15 — Signed Donald Sloan to a $1.0 million partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/10/15– Signed Dahntay Jones to a $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/15 — Allowed rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th) expire.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Justin Harper to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/15 — Signed Chris Daniels to a $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/15 — Guaranteed Markel Brown’s $845k for 15/16.
- 10/28/15 — Guaranteed Willie Reed’s $947k for 15/16.
- 11/1/15 — Guaranteed Donald Sloan’s salary for $200k for 15/16.
- 11/2/15 — Declined team option for Sergey Karasev.
- 1/10/16 — Guaranteed Donald Sloan’s $1.0 million for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Fired Coach Lionel Hollins.
- 1/10/16 — Reassigned General Manager Billy King.
Waived Players: Darius Morris, Deron Williams, Cory Jefferson, Earl Clark, Chris Daniels, Quincy Miller, Ryan Boatright, Dahntay Jones, Justin Harper
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Interim Head Coach: Tony Brown
Assistants: Paul Westphal, Jay Humphries, Jim Sann (advance scout)
Trainer: Tim Walsh, Lloyd Beckett (assistant), Ale Oliveira (assistant)
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche (playing in China)*
- Non-Bird: Jerome Jordan, Jason Collins (retired)*, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Thaddeus Young — 15%
- Bojan Bogdanovic — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
D-League Affiliate: None
- Jerome Jordan — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
- Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
- Jason Collins — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
- Jerry Stackhouse — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/29/16)