Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $79.4 million.
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Shabazz Napier, Jordan McLaughlin
SG: Joe Harris, Caris LeVert, Jared Dudley, Treveon Graham, Mitchell Creek
SF: DeMarre Carroll, Allen Crabbe, Dzanan Musa, Rodions Kurucs, Theo Pinson
PF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Kenneth Faried
C: Jarrett Allen, Ed Davis
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Spencer Dinwiddie $1,656,092
- Theo Pinson $838,463
- Jordan McLaughlin $838,464
- Mitchell Creek $838,464
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
- Room Exception: $0 (Ed Davis)
Waived Players: Dwight Howard
Traded Players: Timofey Mozgov, Isaiah Whitehead, Darrell Arthur
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (general manager Trajan Langdon, head coach Will Weaver)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Pablo Prigioni, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant), Travon Bryant (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Zach Weatherford (director of human performance), Dan Meehan (director of sport science), Sebastien Poirer (head athletic trainer), Lee Gelis (director of sports medicine), Stefania Rizzo (director of performance rehabilitation), Daniel Liburd (head and strength conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2024 otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from Denver Nuggets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw, Jahlil Okafor).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko) or Charlotte Hornets (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov), with the higher of New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez) and Brooklyn Nets’ second-rounders to Philadelphia and lower to Charlotte.
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected) from Phoenix Suns (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023 — Atlanta Hawks can swap second-rounders (Jeremy Lin), swapping the lower of the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham) and the Hawks’ own.
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $5 million to Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard) — $243,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 9/20/18 — No-package restriction lifts on Jared Dudley.
- 10/31/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Caris LeVert and Jarret Allen.
- First day before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan McLaughlin, Mitchell Creek, Treveon Graham, Theo Pinson, Ed Davis and Shabazz Napier.
- 1/10/19 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Jordan McLaughlin, Mitchell Creek and Theo Pinson’s $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Joe Harris.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jarrett Allen and Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jordan McLaughlin, Mitchell Creek and Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- First day before start of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 7/10/19 — Shabazz Napier’s $1,845,301 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/10/19 — Treveon Graham’s $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Rodions Kurucs.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dzanan Musa.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Dzanan Musa (29th), Rodions Kurucs (40th) and Hamidou Diallo (45th)
- 6/28/18 — Issued qualifying offer to Milton Doyle (two-way).
- 7/6/18 — Renounced the rights to Jahlil Okafor, Dante Cunningham and James Webb (two-way).
- 7/6/18 — Traded Timofey Mozgov, the rights to Hamidou Diallo (2018-45th) and a 2021 second-rounder and $5 million to Charlotte Hornets for Dwight Howard.
- 7/12/18 — Signed Dzanan Musa (2018-29th) to a $9,161,694 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/18 — Traded Jeremy Lin, a 2025 second-rounder and second-round swap rights in 2023 to Brooklyn Nets for the rights to Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th) and a protected 2020 second-rounder (from Portland Trail Blazers)
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Milton Doyle.
- 7/13/18 — Renounced the rights to Milton Doyle and Quincy Acy.
- 7/13/18 — Traded Isaiah Whitehead to Brooklyn Nets for Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, a protected 2019 first-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder from Denver Nuggets.
- 7/16/18 — Renounced the rights to Randy Foye.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Rodions Kurucs (2018-40th) to a four-year $6,958,776 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Shabazz Napier to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,787,723 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Darrell Arthur to Phoenix Suns for Jared Dudley and a protected 2021 second-rounder.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Ed Davis to a one-year $4.4 million contract.
- 7/23/18 — Signed Joe Harris to a two-year $16 million contract.
- 7/30/18 — Signed Treveon Graham to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,157,958 contract.
- 7/30/18 — Signed Theo Pinson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Mitchell Creek to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Jordan McLaughlin to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Barclays Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/23/18)