Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $28.6-$42.4 million
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 6/27/16) — $1,357,080
- Trade Exception (Steve Blake, expiring 7/13/16) — $2,170,465
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Six guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, three player options
Draft Picks: 55th (from Los Angeles Clippers)
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche*
- Limited Bird: Sergey Karasev
- Non-Bird: Henry Sims, Donald Sloan, Jason Collins (retired)*, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Jarrett Jack ($6,300,000 — $500,000 guaranteed)
Options: Wayne Ellington ($1,567,500 — player), Shane Larkin ($1,500,000 — player), Thomas Robinson ($1,050,961 — player)
PG: Jarrett Jack, Shane Larkin
SG: Bojan Bogdanovic, Wayne Ellington
SF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Sean Kilpatrick
PF: Thaddeus Young, Thomas Robinson, Chris McCullough
C: Brook Lopez
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson ($1,455,720), Chris McCullough ($1,242,840)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/15/16 — Player option for Thomas Robinson.
- 6/19/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Sean Kilpatrick.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/16 — Mason Plumlee $1.4 million trade exception expires.
- 6/29/16 – Player options for Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin.
- 6/30/16 — Jarrett Jack’s $6.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline Willie Reed and Markel Brown.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/12/16 — Jarret Jacks’ contract eligible for restructuring.
- 7/13/16 — Steve Blake $2.2 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Jarrett Jack’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bojan Bogdanovic.
- 6/30/17 — Sean Kilpatrick’s $1,051,245 guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Thaddeus Young.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/17/16 — Hired Kenny Atkinson as head coach to replace interim coach Tony Brown.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants (TBD): Jacque Vaughn, Joe Wolf, Steve Jones, Jay Humphries, Jim Sann (advance scout)
Trainer: Tim Walsh, Lloyd Beckett (assistant), Ale Oliveira (assistant)
- Sean Marks — General Manager
- Trajan Langdon – Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- Natalie Jay — Cap and Contract Specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — Director of Basketball Administration
- Andrew Baker — Strategic Planning Coordinator
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Thaddeus Young — 15%
- Bojan Bogdanovic — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
D-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Ronald Nored)
- Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
- Jason Collins — $980,431 (Non-Bird rights)
- Jerry Stackhouse — $980,431 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/26/16)