Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $68.1 million, down to $50.5 million if Allen Crabbe opts in. D’Angelo Russell’s cap hold would reduce the total by roughly $20 million.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: D’Angelo Russell, Shabazz Napier
SG: Allen Crabbe, Caris LeVert, Treveon Graham, Theo Pinson
SF: Joe Harris, DeMarre Carroll, Dzanan Musa, Jared Dudley
PF: Rodions Kurucs, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
C: Jarrett Allen, Ed Davis, Alan Williams (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Allen Crabbe (PO), DeMarre Carroll ($23,100,000), Jared Dudley ($14,295,000), D’Angelo Russell (RFA*, $21,059,094), Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (RFA*, $7,411,071)
- Non-Bird: Ed Davis ($5,338,800), Alan Williams (RFA*, $1,734,917)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
- Shabazz Napier $1,845,301
- Treveon Graham $1,645,357
2019 Draft Picks: 17th, 27th (from the Denver Nuggets), 31st (from the New York Knicks); own 46th to the Orlando Magic
* Lottery TBD
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (general manager Trajan Langdon, head coach Will Weaver)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Pablo Prigioni, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant), Travon Bryant (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: Zach Weatherford (director of human performance), Dan Meehan (director of sport science), Sebastien Poirer (head athletic trainer), Lee Gelis (director of sports medicine), Stefania Rizzo (director of performance rehabilitation), Daniel Liburd (head and strength conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko) or Charlotte Hornets (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov), with the higher of New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez) and Brooklyn Nets’ second-rounders to Philadelphia and lower to Charlotte.
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected) from Phoenix Suns (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Greg Monroe)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023 — Atlanta Hawks can swap second-rounders (Jeremy Lin), swapping the lower of the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham) and the Hawks’ own.
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $5 million to the Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard); $110 to the Toronto Raptors (Greg Monroe) — $133,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 6/14/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Allen Crabbe.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Theo Pinson.
- First day before start of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 7/10/19 — Shabazz Napier’s $1,845,301 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/10/19 — Treveon Graham’s $1,645,357 guarantees for 2019-20.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jarrett Allen and Dzanan Musa.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Rodions Kurucs.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dzanan Musa.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Barclays Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)