Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: None
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $3,376,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Marquis Teague, expiring 10/24/15) — $1,120,920
- Trade Exception (Andrei Kirilenko, expiring 12/11/15) — $3,326,235
- Trade Exception (Jorge Gutierrez, expiring 12/11/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Kevin Garnett, expiring 2/19/16) — $168,666 — partially used on Steve Blake
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 6/25/16) — $1,357,080
- Bird: Brook Lopez (reportedly re-signing), Thaddeus Young (reportedly re-signing), Mirza Teletovic (restricted), Alan Anderson
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche (playing in China)*
- Non-Bird: Jerome Jordan, Jason Collins (retired)*, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Sergey Karasev (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
- 6/22/15 — Thaddeus Young opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic.
- 6/25/15 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder, 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Chris McCullough with the 29th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to Portland Trail Blazers for Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd).
- 6/29/15 — Brook Lopez opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Alan Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Chris McCullough to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Brook Lopez to a three-year, $60.7 million deal.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to sign Thaddeus Young to a four-year, $50.3 million deal.
Waived Players: Darius Morris
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd)
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Xavier Thames (2014-59th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
PG: Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack, Steve Blake
SG: Markel Brown, Sergey Karasev
SF: Joe Johnson, Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Thaddeus Young, Chris McCullough, Earl Clark, Cory Jefferson
C: Brook Lopez
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Lionel Hollins (four-year deal starting 2014/15 season, final year team option, up to $20 million total)
- Billy King — General Manager
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1 million (Philadelphia 76ers, Andrei Kirilenko), $880k (Charlotte Hornets, Juan Pablo Vaulet)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Jerome Jordan — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
Alan Anderson — $947,276 (Early Bird rights)
Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
Jason Collins — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
Jerry Stackhouse — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/15)