Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Currently under the cap by $10.4 million
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $33.2 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: K.J. McDaniels (TO, $6,333,333)
- Non-Bird: Randy Foye ($3,000,000)
- Quincy Acy $1,709,538
- Sean Kilpatrick $1,524,305
- Joe Harris $1,524,305
- Spencer Dinwiddie $1,524,305
- Archie Goodwin $1,577,230
2017 Draft Picks: 22nd (from Washington Wizards), 27th (from Boston Celtics). 57th (from Boston Celtics); Own 1st (lottery TBD) to Boston Celtics, 31st to Atlanta Hawks
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, five non-guaranteed, one team option
PG: Jeremy Lin, Spencer Dinwiddie
SG: Caris LeVert, Isaiah Whitehead, Archie Goodwin
SF: Sean Kilpatrick, Joe Harris
PF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Quincy Acy, Andrew Nicholson
C: Brook Lopez, Trevor Booker, Justin Hamilton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/30/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Quincy Acy.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 6/30/17 — Joe Harris and Sean Kilpatrick’s $1,524,305 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 7/4/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Archie Goodwin.
- 7/16/17 — Quincy Acy’s $1,709,538 guarantees for 2017-18.
- July 2017 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s contract guarantees for $50,000 for 2017-18 if he participates in summer league and summer conditioning program.
- 10/31/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Archie Goodwin’s salary guarantees for $200,00.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Caris LeVert.
- 1/10/18 — Archie Goodwin’s $1,577,230 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Jeremy Lin.
- 6/30/18 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Caris LeVert.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 1/10/19 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/24/19 — Estimated team option on Isaiah Whitehead.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Andrew Nicholson.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 6/30/19 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant)
Trainer: Lloyd Becket (head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Zach Weatherford (director of player performance), Dan Meehan (head strength and conditioning coach), Aisling Toolan (director of physical therapy), Sebastien Poirier (assistant athletic trainer), Lauren Green (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018– Owed second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) from Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $75,000 to Houston Rockets (K.J. McDaniels)
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Jeremy Lin — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Ronald Nored)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/20/17)