Quick: Up to $3.7 million under the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $27.6 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Spencer Dinwiddie, Isaiah Whitehead, D’Angelo Russell (injured), Jeremy Lin (injured)
SG: Caris LeVert, Allen Crabbe, Nik Stauskas, Milton Doyle (two-way)
SF: DeMarre Carroll, Joe Harris, James Webb (two-way)
PF: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Quincy Acy
C: Tyler Zeller, Jahlil Okafor, Jarrett Allen, Timofey Mozgov
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Ronald Nored)
Two-Way Contracts: Milton Doyle (one-year), James Webb
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- Jeremy Lin — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant), Travon Bryant (assistant player development coach)
Trainer: Lloyd Becket (head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Zach Weatherford (director of player performance), Dan Meehan (head strength and conditioning coach), Aisling Toolan (director of physical therapy), Sebastien Poirier (assistant athletic trainer), Lauren Green (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2023, otherwise converts to a 2023 second-rounder and a 2024 second-rounder) from Toronto Raptors (DeMarre Carroll).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Orlando Magic (Jeff Weltman). May be from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). Either pick is from Toronto Raptors (DeMarre Carroll).
- 2018– Owed second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) from Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Kevin Garnett, Kyrie Irving).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Travis Outlaw, Jahlil Okafor).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Jeremy Lin.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Nik Stauskas.
- 6/30/18 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2018-19.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Caris LeVert.
- First day before start of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 1/10/19 — Tyler Zeller’s $1,933,941 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/10/19 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jarrett Allen.
- 6/24/19 — Estimated team option on Isaiah Whitehead.
- 6/29/19 — Player option for Andrew Nicholson and Allen Crabbe.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson.
- 6/30/19 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2019-20.
- First day before start of 2019 season — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jarrett Allen.
- Before start of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarrett Allen.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Brook Lopez and the 2017-27th pick (Kyle Kuzma) to Los Angeles Lakers for D’Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Jarret Allen (2017-22nd) and Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th).
- 6/29/17 — Declined team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 6/30/17 — Joe Harris and Sean Kilpatrick’s $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/6/17 — Renounced the rights to K.J. McDaniels.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Otto Porter (Washington Wizards) to a four-year, $106,524,978 offer sheet.
- 7/7/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s contract guaranteed for $50,000 for 2017-18.
- 7/8/17 — Washington Wizards matched Otto Porter’s offer sheet.
- 7/13/17 — Traded Justin Hamilton to Toronto Raptors for DeMarre Carroll, a protected 2018 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.
- 7/16/17 — Quincy Acy’s $1,709,538 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 7/20/17 — Signed Jarret Allen (2017-22nd) to a $10,034,582 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Yakuba Ouattara to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Jacob Wiley to a two-year, two-way contract.
- 7/25/17 — Traded Andrew Nicholson to Portland Trail Blazers for Allen Crabbe.
- 8/4/17 — Signed Jeremy Senglin to a one-year non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 8/4/17 — Signed Milton Doyle to a one-year non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 9/12/17 — Signed Tyler Zeller to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $3,643,479 contract.
- 9/24/17 — Signed Akil Mitchell one-year non-guaranteed, $815,615 summer contract (exhibits nine and 10).
- 10/12/17 — Picked up team options for D’Angelo Russell, Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Caris LeVert.
- 10/12/17 — Signed Tahjere McCall to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/12/17 — Signed Kamari Murphy to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/31/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guaranteed at $250,000 for 2017-18.
- 12/7/17 — Traded Trevor Booker to Philadelphia 76ers for Jahlil Okafor, Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second-rounder.
- 12/18/17 — Signed Milton Doyle to a one-year two-way contract.
- 1/10/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,524,305 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — Signed James Webb to a two-way contract.
Waived Players: Archie Goodwin, Milton Doyle, Jeremy Senglin, Akil Mitchell, Kamari Murphy, Tahjere McCall, Sean Kilpatrick, Yakuba Ouattara (two-way), Jacob Wiley (two-way)
Traded Players: Brook Lopez, Justin Hamilton, Trevor Booker
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Arena: Barclays Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Randy Foye ($3,000,000)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/15/18)