Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by $17.7 million
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $40.6 million
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Jeremy Lin, Isaiah Whitehead, Spencer Dinwiddie
SG: Sean Kilpatrick, Caris LeVert, Randy Foye
SF: Bojan Bogdanovic, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joe Harris
PF: Trevor Booker, Luis Scola, Quincy Acy, Chris McCullough
C: Brook Lopez, Justin Hamilton
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 1/19/17 — Final day of Quincy Acy’s 10-day contract.
- 6/30/17 — Joe Harris and Sean Kilpatrick’s $1,524,305 guarantee for 2017-18.
- July 2018 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s contract guarantees for $50,000 for 2017-18 if he participates in summer league and summer conditioning program.
- 10/31/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson, Caris LeVert and Chris McCullough.
- 1/10/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option deadline for Jeremy Lin.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Yogi Ferrell.
- 6/30/18 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team option for Caris LeVert.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 1/10/19 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $1,656,092 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/24/19 — Estimated team option on Isaiah Whitehead.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/19 — Isaiah Whitehead’s $1.2 mil guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Caris LeVert.
- TBD — Timing on Spencer Dinwiddie’s guarantees.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 4/17/16 — Hired Kenny Atkinson as head coach to replace interim coach Tony Brown.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Marcus Paige (55th) and $3.0 million to Utah Jazz for the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd).
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Markel Brown, declined offer to Willie Reed.
- 6/29/16 – Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin declined player options.
- 7/6/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Markel Brown.
- 7/6/16 — Renounced the rights to Willie Reed, Thomas Robinson, Donald Sloan, Wayne Ellington, Jason Collins, Jerry Stackhouse, Sergey Karasev, Shane Larkin, Henry Sims and Andray Blatche.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Thaddeus Young to Indiana Pacers for the rights to Caris LeVert (2016-20th) and a 2017 protected second-rounder.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Tyler Johnson to a four-year Arenas-rule offer sheet for $50 million, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jeremy Lin to a three-year, $38.3 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Allen Crabbe to a four-year, $74.8 million offer sheet, player option on final season.
- 7/8/16 — Renounced the rights to Markel Brown.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Trevor Booker to a two-year, $18.4 million contract.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Isaiah Whitehead (2016-42nd) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $4.6 million contract.
- 7/10/16 — The Miami HEAT matched the Brooklyn Nets’ offer to Tyler Johnson.
- 7/10/16 — The Portland Trail Blazers matched the Portland Trail Blazers’ offer to Allen Crabbe.
- 7/11/16 — Signed Justin Hamilton to a two-year, $6 million contract.
- 7/13/16 — Signed Luis Scola to a one-year, $5.5 million contract ($500,000 in likely incentives TBD).
- 7/13/16 — Signed Greivis Vasquez to a one-year, $5.0 million contract ($652,174 in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 7/14/16 — Signed Caris LeVert (2016-20th) to an $7.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Randy Foye to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Anthony Bennett to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.1 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Randy Foye to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Joe Harris to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2.0 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Yogi Ferrell to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($100,000).
- 7/25/16 — Signed Beau Beech to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($45,000).
- 7/27/16 — Signed Egidijus Mockevicius to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($100,000).
- 9/26/16 — Signed Chase Budinger to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,315,448 contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,015,696 summer contract.
- 10/30/16 — Picked up team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 11/9/16 — Signed Yogi Ferrell to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1,400,767 contract.
- 12/2/16 — Signed Donatas Motiejunas to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $37 million offer sheet (Houston Rockets have right to match).
- 12/5/16 — Houston Rockets matched offer to Donatas Motiejunas.
- 12/8/16 — Signed Spencer Dinwiddie to a three-year, non-guaranteed $2,903,733 contract.
- 1/10/17 — Spencer Dinwiddie’s $726,672 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Signed Quincy Acy to a $61,821 10-day contract.
Waived Players: Jarret Jack, Beau Beech, Chase Budinger, Jorge Gutierrez, Egidijus Mockevicius, Yogi Ferrell (twice), Greivis Vasquez, Anthony Bennett
Traded Players: Thaddeus Young
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Spencer Dinwiddie (timing)
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant)
Trainer: Lloyd Becket (head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Zach Weatherford (director of player performance), Dan Meehan (head strength and conditioning coach), Aisling Toolan (director of physical therapy), Sebastien Poirier (assistant athletic trainer), Lauren Green (assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Trajan Langdon – assistant general manager
- Gregg Polinsky — director of player personnel
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- Gianluca Pascucci — director of global scouting
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017– Owed second-rounder (31-44 range through 2020, unprotected in 2023) from Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Bogans, Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Bojan Bogdanovic — 15 percent
- Jeremy Lin — 10 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
D-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Ronald Nored)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/16/17)