Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
- Mid-Level Exception: $2,464,000 (partially used on Shane Larkin and Wayne Ellington)
- Trade Exception (Marquis Teague, expiring 10/24/15) — $1,120,920
- Trade Exception (Andrei Kirilenko, expiring 12/11/15) — $3,326,235
- Trade Exception (Jorge Gutierrez, expiring 12/11/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Kevin Garnett, expiring 2/19/16) — $262,131 — partially used on Steve Blake
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 6/27/16) — $1,357,080
- Trade Exception (Steve Blake, expiring 7/13/16) — $2,170,465
Roster Count: 12 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Jarrett Jack, Shane Larkin, Ryan Boatright
SG: Markel Brown, Wayne Ellington, Sergey Karasev
SF: Joe Johnson, Bojan Bogdanovic, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Quincy Miller
PF: Thaddeus Young, Thomas Robinson, Chris McCullough, Earl Clark
C: Brook Lopez, Andrea Bargnani, Willie Reed
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Sergey Karasev (fourth-year)
- 8/5/15 — Trade restriction lifts on Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
- 9/1/15 — Markel Brown’s salary guarantees at $200k for 15/16.
- 9/13/15 — Quincy Miller’s contract can now be aggregated in trade.
- 9/29/15 — Markel Brown’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 10/26/15 — Earl Clark’s salary guarantees at $200k for 15/16.
- First regular-season game — Willie Reed’s $947k guarantees for 15/16.
- First regular-season game — Quincy Miller’s salary guarantees at $100k for 15/16.
- 10/24/15 — Marquis Teague $1.1 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/15 — Team option for Sergey Karasev.
- 11/1/15 — Ryan Boatright’s salary guarantees for $125k.
- 11/15/15 – Quincy Miller’s salary guaranties at $125k for 15/16.
- 12/11/15 — Andrei Kirilenko $3.3 million trade exception expires.
- 12/11/15 — Jorge Gutierrez $816k trade exception expires.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Thaddeus Young, Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington, Andrea Bargnani, Thomas Robinson, Willie Reed and Ryan Boatright.
- 1/10/16 — Quincy Miller’s $981k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Earl Clark’s $1.2 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Ryan Boatright’s $525k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Brook Lopez.
- 2/19/16 — Kevin Garnett $262k trade exception expires.
- 6/27/16 — Mason Plumlee $1.4 million trade exception expires.
- 6/30/16 — Jarrett Jack’s $6.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/13/16 — Steve Blake $2.2 million trade exception expires.
- 8/1/16 — Ryan Boatright’s $874,636 guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Thaddeus Young opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic.
- 6/25/15 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder, 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Chris McCullough with the 29th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to Portland Trail Blazers for Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd).
- 6/29/15 — Brook Lopez opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Alan Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/15 — Signed Chris McCullough to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/15 — Signed Ryan Boatright to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k), $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/6/15 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15– Signed Shane Larkin to a two-year, $3.0 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Brook Lopez to a three-year, $63.5 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Rescinded the qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic,
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Thaddeus Young to a four-year, $54.0 million contract, player option on final season. Young has a base salary of $50.0 million, with $1 million in annual incentives.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Thomas Robinson to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Willie Reed to a partially-guaranteed, one-year $947k.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, $3.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/11/15 — Stretched the salary of Deron Williams, at $5.47 million a year for $27.4 million total.
- 7/13/15 — Traded Steve Blake to Detroit Pistons for Quincy Miller.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Andrea Bargnani to an estimated two-year, $2.9 million deal, player option on second season.
Waived Players: Darius Morris, Deron Williams, Cory Jefferson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Xavier Thames (2014-59th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Head Coach: Lionel Hollins (four-year deal starting 2014/15 season, final year team option, up to $20 million total)
- Billy King — General Manager
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche (playing in China)*
- Non-Bird: Jerome Jordan, Jason Collins (retired)*, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Thaddeus Young — $15%
- Bojan Bogdanovic — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
- Jerome Jordan — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
- Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
- Jason Collins — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
- Jerry Stackhouse — $947,276 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/2/15)