Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20. Hard capped by the Kevin Durant sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyrie Irving, Spencer Dinwiddie
SG: Caris LeVert, Garrett Temple, David Nwaba
SF: Joe Harris, Taurean Prince, Theo Pinson, Dzanan Musa, Deng Adel, Kevin Durant (injured)
PF: Rodions Kurucs, Wilson Chandler, Nicolas Claxton, Henry Ellenson (two-way)
C: DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Garrett Temple, pending)
- Deng Adel $1,445,697
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jaylen Hands (2019-56th), Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Aaron White (2015-49th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: D’Angelo Russell, Allen Crabbe, Treveon Graham, Shabazz Napier, DeMarre Carroll
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Will Weaver)
Two-Way Contracts: Henry Ellenson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Kenny Atkinson
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Chris Fleming, Bret Brielmaier, Pablo Prigioni, Adam Harrington (assistant and director of player development), Jordan Ott (assistant coach and manager of advance scouting), Matt Batiste (player development assistant), Travon Bryant (assistant player development coach)
Trainers: TBD, Dan Meehan (director of sport science), Sebastien Poirer (head athletic trainer), Lee Gelis (director of sports medicine), Stefania Rizzo (director of performance rehabilitation), Daniel Liburd (head and strength conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Andy Birdsong – assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball administration
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Atlanta Hawks (Allen Crabbe).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) from the Philadelphia 76ers (Tobias Harris, Mfiondu Kabengele).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise conveys as a 2025 second-rounder) from the Golden State Warriors (Kevin Durant).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Denver Nuggets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Lin).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (31-44 range, unprotected in 2023) from the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko) or the Charlotte Hornets (Anzejs Pasecniks, Timofey Mozgov), with the higher of the New York Knicks (Guillermo Hernangomez) and the Brooklyn Nets’ second-rounders to Philadelphia and lower to Charlotte.
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks (Allen Crabbe).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected) from the Phoenix Suns (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Greg Monroe)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023 — Atlanta Hawks can swap second-rounders (Jeremy Lin), swapping the lower of the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham) and the Hawks’ own. May go to the Philadelphia 76ers (Allen Crabbe).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,617,00 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/16/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Henry Ellenson.
- First day before the start of 2019-20 season — Extension deadline for Caris LeVert.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jarrett Allen and Dzanan Musa.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Kevin Durant, Deng Adel, David Nwaba, Wilson Chandler, Garrett Temple, Theo Pinson, DeAndre Jordan and Kyrie Irving.
- 1/10/20 — Deng Adel’s $1,445,697 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Caris LeVert and Deng Adel.
- 6/29/20 — Team options on Garrett Temple and Theo Pinson.
- 7/7/20 — David Nwaba’s $1,824,003 guarantees for 2020-21.
- First day before the start of 2020-21 season — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/21 — Player option for Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Rodions Kurucs.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jarrett Allen and Theo Pinson.
- Before start of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Player options for Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 5/3/19 — Allen Crabbe opted in to the final season on his contract.
- 6/17/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offer to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17th), Mfiondu Kabengele (27th) and Nicolas Claxton (31st).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Mfiondu Kabengele (27th) to the Los Angeles Clippers for the rights to Jaylen Hands (56th) and a 2020 top-14 protected first-rounder.
- 6/28/19 — Extended qualifying offer to D’Angelo Russell and Theo Pinson.
- 7/6/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Theo Pinson.
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Theo Pinson’s, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Jared Dudley, Ed Davis and Alan Williams.
- 7/6//19 — Traded Allen Crabbe, the rights to Nickeil Alexander-Walker (17th) and a 2020 lottery protected first-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks for Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-rounder.
- 7/6/19 — Sent DeMarre Carroll, via sign and trade, to the San Antonio Spurs for the rights to Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th) and the rights to Aaron White (2015-49th) from the Washington Wizards, who receive Davis Bertans.
- 7/6/19 — Signed Kyrie Irving to a four-year $140,790,600 contract, player option on final season (incentives TBD).
- 7/6/19 — Signed DeAndre Jordan to a four-year $39,960,716 contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Nicolas Claxton (31st) to a three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 7/7/19 — Sent D’Angelo Russell, via sign and trade, along with Shabazz Napier and Treveon Graham to the Golden State Warriors for a protected 2020 first-rounder and Kevin Durant, also via sign and trade on a four-year $164,255,700 contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/8/19 — Signed Garrett Temple to a two-year $9,772,350 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Wilson Chandler to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 7/8/19 — Signed Theo Pinson to a two-year $3,147,290 minimum contract, team option on second season.
- 7/17/19 — Signed Henry Ellenson to a two-way contract.
- 7/17/19 — Signed David Nwaba to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,502,857 minimum contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed Deng Adel to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
- Kyrie Irving — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Barclays Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/12/19)