- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Mason Plumlee, Marquis Teague, Sergey Karasev
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (used on Bojan Bogdanovic)
- Trade Exception (TyShawn Taylor, expiring 1/21/15) — $788,872
- Trade Exception (Marcus Thornton, expiring 7/10/15) — $741,160
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack, Marquis Teague, Jorge Gutierrez
SG: Joe Johnson, Sergey Karasev, Markel Brown
SF: Alan Anderson, Andrei Kirilenko, Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Kevin Garnett, Mirza Teletovic, Cory Jefferson
C: Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/14 — Andrei Kirilenko opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Markel Brown (2014-44th) from the Minnesota Timberwolves for cash.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th) from the Toronto Raptors for cash.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Cory Jefferson (2014-60th) from the San Antonio Spurs for cash.
- 6/30/14 — Acquired two second-rounders (2015, 2019) from the Milwaukee Bucks in compensation for Jason Kidd.
- 7/10/14 — Traded Marcus Thornton and the rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Alan Anderson to a two-year, $2.6 million contract (player option on second season).
- 7/22/14 — Signed Bojan Bogdanovic to a three-year, $10.3 million contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Markel Brown to a two-year, $1.4 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a two-year, $1.4 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
Waived Players: None
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche
- Non-Bird: Jason Collins, Jerry Stackhouse*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Xavier Thames (2014-59th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Head Coach: Lionel Hollins (four-year deal starting 2014/15 season, final year team option, up to $20 million total)
- Billy King — General Manager
- Bobby Marks — Assistant General Manager
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2015 — Atlanta Hawks have right to swap first-rounders (Joe Johnson).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Travis Outlaw – 2014-15 $4 million.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/23/14)