Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $0 (used on Bojan Bogdanovic)
- Trade Exception (Marquis Teague, expiring 10/24/15) — $1,120,920
- Trade Exception (Andrei Kirilenko, expiring 12/11/15) — $3,326,235
- Trade Exception (Jorge Gutierrez, expiring 12/11/15) — $816,482
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Jarrett Jack, Darius Morris, Deron Williams (injured)
SG: Sergey Karasev, Alan Anderson, Markel Brown
SF: Joe Johnson, Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Kevin Garnett, Mirza Teletovic, Cory Jefferson
C: Mason Plumlee, Brook Lopez, Jerome Jordan
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Lionel Hollins (four-year deal starting 2014/15 season, final year team option, up to $20 million total)
- Billy King — General Manager
- Bobby Marks — Assistant General Manager
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2015 — Atlanta Hawks have right to swap first-rounders (Joe Johnson).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 6/23/14 — Andrei Kirilenko opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Markel Brown (2014-44th) from the Minnesota Timberwolves for cash.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th) from the Toronto Raptors for cash.
- 6/26/14 — Acquired the rights to Cory Jefferson (2014-60th) from the San Antonio Spurs for cash.
- 6/30/14 — Acquired two second-rounders (2015, 2019) from the Milwaukee Bucks in compensation for Jason Kidd.
- 7/10/14 — Traded Marcus Thornton and the rights to Ilkan Karaman and Edin Bavcic to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev.
- 7/15/14 — Signed Alan Anderson to a two-year, $2.6 million contract (player option on second season).
- 7/22/14 — Signed Bojan Bogdanovic to a three-year, $10.3 million contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Markel Brown to a two-year, $1.4 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 7/23/14 — Signed Cory Jefferson to a two-year, $1.4 million partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 9/11/14 — Signed Jerome Jordan to a one-year, $816k non/partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 9/17/14 — Signed Hamady Ndiaye to a one-year, $948k non/partially-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 9/19/14 — Contract of Hamady Ndiaye voided (failed physical).
- 9/25/14 — Invited Willie Reed to training camp on a $915k non-guaranteed minimum contract.
- 10/24/14 — Traded Marquis Teague and 2019 second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for Casper Ware.
- 10/24/14 — Picked up Sergey Karasev’s third-year option.
- 10/24/14 — Picked up Mason Plumlee’s third-year option.
- 12/11/14 — Traded Andrei Kirilenko, Jorge Gutierrez, a 2020 second-rounder, the right to swap 2018 second-rounders and $1 million to Philadelphia 76ers for Brandon Davis.
- 12/11/14 — Signed Darius Morris to a two-year, $1.7 million non-guaranteed minimum contract.
Waived Players: Willie Reed, Casper Ware, Brandon Davies
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche (playing in China)
- Non-Bird: Jason Collins (retired), Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Xavier Thames (2014-59th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1 million (Philadelphia 76ers, Andrei Kirilenko)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Amnesty: Travis Outlaw – 2014-15 $4 million.
Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
Jason Collins — $915,243 (Non-Bird rights)
Jerry Stackhouse — $915,243 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/10/15)