Brooklyn Nets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap and tax.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: None
Draft Picks: 29th (from Atlanta Hawks, should Atlanta choose to swap for the Nets’ 16th pick), 41st
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Marquis Teague, expiring 10/24/15) — $1,120,920
- Trade Exception (Andrei Kirilenko, expiring 12/11/15) — $3,326,235
- Trade Exception (Jorge Gutierrez, expiring 12/11/15) — $816,482
- Trade Exception (Kevin Garnett, expiring 2/19/16) — $2,339,131
- Bird: Brook Lopez (player option), Thaddeus Young (early termination option), Mirza Teletovic (restricted*), Alan Anderson (player option)
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche (playing in China)**
- Non-Bird: Jerome Jordan (restricted*), Jason Collins (retired)**, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)**
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Mason Plumlee (fourth-year), Sergey Karasev (fourth-year)
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Xavier Thames (2014-59th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, four non-guaranteed, three options
PG: Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack, Darius Morris
SG: Markel Brown, Alan Anderson, Sergey Karasev
SF: Joe Johnson, Bojan Bogdanovic
PF: Thaddeus Young, Earl Clark, Cory Jefferson
C: Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Lionel Hollins (four-year deal starting 2014/15 season, final year team option, up to $20 million total)
- Billy King — General Manager
- Bobby Marks — Assistant General Manager
- Frank Zanin — Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $1 million (Philadelphia 76ers, Andrei Kirilenko)
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Andray Blatche — $1,788,285 (Early Bird rights)
Jason Collins — $915,243 (Non-Bird rights)
Jerry Stackhouse — $915,243 (Non-Bird rights)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/26/15)