|Joe Johnson (waived)||$21,894,863|
|Deron Williams (stretched)||$5,474,787|
|Andrea Bargnani (waived)||$1,039,298|
|Ryan Boatright (waived)||$75,000|
|Henry Sims (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Quincy Miller (waived)||$50,000|
|Sean Kilpatrick (expired 10-days)||$99,418|
|Dahntay Jones (waived)||$17,637|
|Justin Harper (waived)||$9,942|
Quick: Over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$41.1 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $2,242,824 remaining unused (partially used on Shane Larkin, Wayne Ellington and Sean Kilpatrick)
- Trade Exception (Mason Plumlee, expiring 6/27/16) — $1,357,080
- Trade Exception (Steve Blake, expiring 7/13/16) — $2,170,465
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Shane Larkin, Donald Sloan, Jarrett Jack (injured)
SG: Bojan Bogdanovic, Sean Kilpatrick, Markel Brown, Wayne Ellington
SF: Sergey Karasev, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
PF: Chris McCullough, Thomas Robinson, Thaddeus Young (injured)
C: Willie Reed, Henry Sims, Brook Lopez (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/15/16 — Player option for Thomas Robinson.
- 6/19/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Sean Kilpatrick.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/27/16 — Mason Plumlee $1.4 million trade exception expires.
- 6/29/16 – Player options for Wayne Ellington and Shane Larkin.
- 6/30/16 — Jarrett Jack’s $6.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline Willie Reed and Markel Brown.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/13/16 — Steve Blake $2.2 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Bojan Bogdanovic.
- 6/30/17 — Sean Kilpatrick’s $1,051,245 guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team options for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/29/18 — Player option for Thaddeus Young.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Rondae-Hollis Jefferson and Chris McCullough.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Thaddeus Young opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic.
- 6/25/15 — Traded a 2018 second-rounder, 2019 second-rounder and $880k in cash to Charlotte Hornets for the rights to Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th).
- 6/25/15 — Selected Chris McCullough with the 29th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Mason Plumlee and the rights to Pat Connaughton (2015-41st) to Portland Trail Blazers for Steve Blake and the rights to Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (2015-23rd).
- 6/29/15 — Brook Lopez opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/15 — Alan Anderson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/1/15 — Signed Chris McCullough to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/3/15 — Signed Ryan Boatright to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($75k), $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/6/15 — Signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a $6.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15– Signed Shane Larkin to a two-year, $3.0 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Brook Lopez to a three-year, $63.5 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Rescinded the qualifying offer to Mirza Teletovic,
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Thaddeus Young to a four-year, $54.0 million contract, player option on final season. Young has a base salary of $50.0 million, with $1 million in annual incentives.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Thomas Robinson to a two-year, $2.0 million minimum contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Willie Reed to a partially-guaranteed, one-year $947k.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, $3.1 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/11/15 — Stretched the salary of Deron Williams, at $5.47 million a year for $27.4 million total.
- 7/13/15 — Traded Steve Blake to Detroit Pistons for Quincy Miller.
- 7/17/15 — Signed Andrea Bargnani to a two-year, $2.9 million deal, player option on second season.
- 8/10/15 — Signed Donald Sloan to a $1.0 million partially-guaranteed ($50k) $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/10/15– Signed Dahntay Jones to a $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/10/15 — Allowed rights to Xavier Thames (2014-59th) expire.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Justin Harper to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/23/15 — Signed Chris Daniels to a $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/15 — Guaranteed Markel Brown’s $845k for 15/16.
- 10/28/15 — Guaranteed Willie Reed’s $947k for 15/16.
- 11/1/15 — Guaranteed Donald Sloan’s salary for $200k for 15/16.
- 11/2/15 — Declined team option for Sergey Karasev.
- 1/10/16 — Guaranteed Donald Sloan’s $1.0 million for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Fired Coach Lionel Hollins.
- 1/10/16 — Reassigned General Manager Billy King.
- 2/18/16 — Hired Sean Marks as general manager on a four-year deal.
- 2/28/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/9/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a second $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 3/17/16 — Signed Henry Sims to a $57,726 10-day contract.
- 3/19/6 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2,252,852 million contract.
- 3/27/16 — Signed Henry Sims to a $57,726 10-day contract.
- 4/6/16 — Signed Henry Sims for the rest of the season at $46,181.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Marcus Paige (55th) and $3.0 million to Utah Jazz for the rights to Isiah Whitehead (42nd).
Waived Players: Darius Morris, Deron Williams, Cory Jefferson, Earl Clark, Chris Daniels, Quincy Miller, Ryan Boatright, Dahntay Jones, Justin Harper, Andrea Bargnani, Joe Johnson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Interim Head Coach: Tony Brown
Assistants: Joe Wolf, Steve Jones, Jay Humphries, Jim Sann (advance scout)
Trainer: Tim Walsh, Lloyd Beckett (assistant), Ale Oliveira (assistant)
- Sean Marks — General Manager
- Trajan Langdon – Assistant General Manager
- Gregg Polinsky — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett)
- 2016 — Los Angeles Clippers have rights to swap second-rounders (if Clippers’ pick in top-55, Reggie Evans). Clippers may send pick to Milwaukee Bucks.
- 2017 — Boston Celtics have the right to swap first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (46-60 range) from Boston Celtics, only if Boston swaps first-rounders (Kevin Garnett).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Atlanta Hawks (Joe Johnson).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder to the Boston Celtics (Kevin Garnett).
- 2018 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap Cleveland Cavaliers’ second-rounder with Nets’ second-rounder (Andrei Kirilenko).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Charlotte Hornets (Juan Pablo Vaulet), after Philadelphia potential swap.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Milwaukee Bucks (or Sacramento Kings, whichever is the higher pick; Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Jason Kidd, Marquis Teague)
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to Memphis Grizzlies (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Andrei Kirilenko).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $3.0 million to Utah Jazz (Isiah Whitehead)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Andray Blatche*
- Non-Bird: Jason Collins (retired)*, Jerry Stackhouse (retired)*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Thaddeus Young — 15%
- Bojan Bogdanovic — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Travis Outlaw.
D-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (starting 2016/17 season, head coach Ronald Nored)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
- Pacers’ Myles Turner: ‘I build Legos, I’ve gone through 120K Legos since the season started’
- Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games
- Victor Wembanyama 1st NBA player with 350+ points, 50+ assists, 25+ steals, & 50+ blocks in 1st 20 games
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine