Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two player options, one team option, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris (two-way)
SG: Gary Harris, Malik Beasley
SF: Wilson Chandler (PO), Tyler Lydon
PF: Paul Millsap, Trey Lyles, Juancho Hernangomez
C: Nikola Jokic (TO), Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur (PO)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Wilson Chandler (PO, $18,025,281, full Bird)
- Darrell Arthur (PO, $14,183,333, full Bird)
- Will Barton ($6,713,333, full Bird)
- Devin Harris ($8,364,837, full Bird)
- Nikola Jokic (TO, RFA $1,603,638 or UFA $1,499,698, full Bird)
- Richard Jefferson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Torrey Craig (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
Draft Picks: 14th (cap hold $2,538,286), 43rd from Los Angeles Clippers (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw), 58th from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala); 47th to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Poison Pill: Gary Harris ($2,550,055 outgoing, $15,310,011 to incoming team, through 7/1/18)
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Monte Morris
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 7/1/18 — Gary Harris’ poison pill expires.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Danilo Gallinari trade exception expires.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Tyler Lydon, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/19 — Team option for Paul Millsap.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyler Lydon.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Pepsi Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)