Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: $1.8 million in cap space.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $7.2-28.5 million
- Room: $0 (Darrell Arthur)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Jameer Nelson, Emmanuel Mudiay
SG: Gary Harris, Randy Foye, Sean Kilpatrick
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Will Barton, Mike Miller
PF: Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, Wilson Chandler (injured)
C: Joffrey Lauvergne, Jusuf Nurkic, Nikola Jokic, J.J. Hickson
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 2/1/16 — Sean Kilpatrick’s 10-day expires at end of day.
- 2/2/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Danilo Gallinari.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 8/15/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne salary guarantees at $855k for 16/17.
- First game of season — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1.7 million guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Jameer Nelson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Will Barton.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Emmanuel Mudiay with the seventh pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Radicevic with the 57th pick in the draft
- 7/11/15 — Renounced the rights to Darrell Arthur, Rudy Fernandez, Jan Vesely, Wesley Person, Chris Copeland and Ian Clark.
- 7/11/15 — Renegotiated Wilson Chandler’s 2015/16 salary, along with a three-year extension for a total of $46.5 million, player option on final season.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Nikola Jokic (2014-41st) to an estimated four-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Renounced the rights to Jameer Nelson.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a three-year, $13.6 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a protected 2016 first-rounder (TBD) and $440k.
- 7/23/15 — Re-signed Will Barton to a three-year, $11 million deal.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Emmanuel Mudiay (2015-7th) to a $13.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/15 — Guaranteed $100k of Erick Green’s 15/16 salary.
- 8/3/15 — Restructured and extended Danilo Gallinari’s contract to $45.2 million for three years, player option on final season.
- 8/7/15 — Re-signed Darrell Arthur to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Matt Janning to a non-guaranteed $845k minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Devin Sweetney to a non-guaranteed $525 minimum summer contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed Oleksiy Pecherov to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 9/30/15 — Signed Mike Miller to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 10/11/15 — Picked up Gary Harris’ third-year option.
- 10/11/15 — Picked up Jusuf Nurkic’ third-year option.
- 11/5/15 — Signed Kostas Papanikolaou to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($350k) $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 1/12/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a $49.7k 10-day contract.
- 1/21/16 — Signed Sean Kilpatrick to a second $49.7k 10-day contract.
Waived Players: Jamaal Franklin, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey, Kostas Papanikolaou (twice), Matt Janning, Oleksiy Pecherov, Devin Sweetney, Nick Johnson, Erick Green
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Ed Pinckney, Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Ryan Bowen, Dee Brown (player development), Noel Gillespie (also advance scout)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (strength and conditioning), Felipe Eichenberger (assistant strength and conditioning)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) from Portland Trail Blazers (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected, otherwise Portland Trail Blazers 2017 second-rounder) from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to New Orleans Pelicans (Jan Vesely, Ish Smith).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Randy Foye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $440k from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson)
- Bird: None
- Danilo Gallinari — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/29/16)