Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): Up to $15 million if Jerami Grant opts out.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, P.J. Dozier
SG: Gary Harris, Malik Beasley
SF: Will Barton, Torrey Craig, Jarred Vanderbilt, Michael Porter Jr., Vlatko Cancar
PF: Paul Millsap, Jerami Grant, Mason Plumlee, Juancho Hernangomez, Tyler Cook (two-way)
C: Nikola Jokic, Thomas Welsh
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,359,690 (Vlatko Cancar)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Richard Jefferson** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- P.J. Dozier $1,620,564
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Bol Manute Bol (2019-44th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Waived Players: Thomas Welsh (two-way)
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Tyler Cook
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder (Denver or Philadelphia) to the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/31/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Vlatko Cancar.
- 9/8/19 — No-package restriction lifts on Jerami Grant.
- 9/11/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Tyler Cook.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on P.J. Dozier.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, P.J. Dozier and Malik Beasley.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on Jerami Grant.
- 6/30/20 — Monte Morris’ $1,723,707 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/15/20 — Jarred Vanderbilt’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarred Vanderbilt.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Will Barton.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Michael Porter Jr. and Vlatko Cancar.
- TBD — Guarantee details for Vlatko Cancar’s 1021-22 salary.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/19 — Traded 2022 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Miami Heat for the rights to Bol Manute Bol (44th).
- 6/29/19 — Exercised team option on final year of Paul Millsap’s contract.
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Trey Lyles.
- 7/7/19 — Revoked Trey Lyles’ qualifying offer.
- 7/8/19 — Traded a protected 2020 first rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jerami Grant.
- 7/8/19 — Wilson Chandler trade exception ($3,454,409) expired.
- 7/11/19 — Revoked Brandon Goodwin’s qualifying offer.
- 7/13/19 — Kenneth Faried ($13,764,045) and Darrell Arthur ($5,919,961) trade exceptions expired.
- 7/24/19 — Agreed to sign Jamal Murray to a five-year estimated $169,650,000 extension.
- 7/30/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh (two-way).
- 8/1/19 — Signed Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed Tyler Cook to a two-way contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Pepsi Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/14/19)