Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $22.9 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Josh Childress $2,106,470
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Jameer Nelson, Emmanuel Mudiay
SG: Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley
SF: Wilson Chandler, Will Barton, Tyler Lydon, Josh Childress
PF: Paul Millsap, Juancho Hernangomez, Trey Lyles
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Monte Morris (two-year), Torrey Craig (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Mason Plumlee). Could be from Sacramento Kings (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/17/17 — Extension deadline for Gary Harris.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Paul Millsap.
- 12/19/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Josh Childress.
- 1/10/18 — Josh Childress’ $2,106,470 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Mason Plumlee.
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Harris.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Danilo Gallinari trade exception expires.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Tyler Lydon, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 6/30/19 — Team option for Paul Millsap.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyler Lydon.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Mason Plumlee.
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Donovan Mitchell (2017-13th) to Utah Jazz for Trey Lyles and the rights to Tyler Lydon (2017-24th).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Vlatko Cancar (49th) and Monte Morris (51st).
- 6/29/17 — Danilo Gallinari opted out of his contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Tyler Lydon (2017-24th) to a $9,476,396 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Sign and traded Danilo Gallinari to Los Angeles Clippers for a Washington Wizards 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/13/17 — Renounced the rights to Roy Hibbert.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Paul Millsap to an incentive-laden (TBD) three-year, $95.4 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Torrey Craig to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Monte Morris (2017-51st) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 9/19/17 — Signed Josh Childress to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,160,470 summer contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Mason Plumlee to a three-year, $41.0 million contract.
- 9/27/17 — Picked up team options on Trey Lyles, Emmanuel Mudiay, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
Waived Players: Mike Miller
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Pepsi Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/17)