Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Over the cap.
Projected 2015/16 Cap Space: $0-$14.5 million, depending on the non/partially-guaranteed salaries of Randy Foye, Wilson Chandler and Jameer Nelson (player option).
Draft Picks: 7th, 57th (from Los Angeles Clippers)
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,464,000 (in July)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,139,000 (in July)
- Room: $2,814,000 (in July)
- Trade Exception (Anthony Randolph, expiring 6/26/15) — $1,750,000
- Trade Exception (Evan Fournier, expiring 6/26/15) — $1,422,720
- Trade Exception (Timofey Mozgov, expiring 1/7/16) — $971,650 (partially used on Thomas Robinson)
- Trade Exception (Arron Afflalo, expiring 2/19/16) — $7,500,000
- Trade Exception (Alonzo Gee, expiring 2/19/16) — $915,243
- Trade Exception (JaVale McGee, expiring 2/19/16) — $11,250,000
* Room Exception only available if other exceptions renounced.
- Bird: Darrell Arthur, Will Barton (restricted*)
- Early Bird: Ian Clark (restricted*)
- Limited Bird Rights: Jan Vesely**
- Non-Bird: Jameer Nelson (player option)
* Players are only restricted if the team gives a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
First-Round Player Options: Jusuf Nurkic (third-year), Gary Harris (third-year)
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nikola Jokic (2014-41st), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed, one option
PG: Ty Lawson, Jameer Nelson
SG: Randy Foye, Gary Harris, Erick Green, Jamaal Franklin
SF: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari
PF: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: Jusuf Nurkic, J.J. Hickson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Interim Head Coach: Melvin Hunt
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) from Portland Trail Blazers (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jan Vesely).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Randy Foye).
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $0
Jan Vesely — $4,236,287 (limited Bird rights)
The Nuggets still have the rights to former players Rudy Fernandez and Wesley Person for a combined cap hold of $6,366,351.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/20/15)