Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): None
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jamal Murray, Will Barton, Devin Harris
SG: Gary Harris, Malik Beasley
SF: Wilson Chandler, Richard Jefferson, Tyler Lydon
PF: Nikola Jokic, Trey Lyles, Paul Millsap (injured), Juancho Hernangomez (injured)
C: Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Monte Morris (two-year), Torrey Craig (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks (Emmanuel Mudiay) or Los Angeles Clippers, via Philadelphia 76ers right to swap second-rounders (Byron Mullens, Travis Outlaw).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 7/1/18 — Gary Harris’ poison pill expires.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 7/6/18 — Danilo Gallinari trade exception expires.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Tyler Lydon, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/19 — Team option for Paul Millsap.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for Tyler Lydon.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Tyler Lydon.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/21/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Mason Plumlee.
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Donovan Mitchell (2017-13th) to Utah Jazz for Trey Lyles and the rights to Tyler Lydon (2017-24th).
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Vlatko Cancar (49th) and Monte Morris (51st).
- 6/29/17 — Danilo Gallinari opted out of his contract.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Tyler Lydon (2017-24th) to a $9,476,396 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/17 — Sign and traded Danilo Gallinari to Los Angeles Clippers for a Washington Wizards 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/13/17 — Renounced the rights to Roy Hibbert.
- 7/13/17 — Signed Paul Millsap to an incentive-laden (TBD) three-year, $95.4 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Torrey Craig to a one-year two-way contract.
- 7/21/17 — Signed Monte Morris (2017-51st) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 9/19/17 — Signed Josh Childress to a non-guaranteed one-year, $2,160,470 summer contract.
- 9/20/17 — Signed Mason Plumlee to a three-year, $41.0 million contract.
- 9/27/17 — Picked up team options on Trey Lyles, Emmanuel Mudiay, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/12/17 — Signed Gary Harris to a four-year, 84 million contract (with $10 million in unlikely incentives TBD).
- 10/19/17 — Signed Richard Jefferson to a one-year, $2,302,340 contract.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifted on Mason Plumlee.
- 2/8/18 — Traded Emmanuel Mudiay to New York Knicks and a 2018 second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks for Devin Harris.
Waived Players: Mike Miller, Josh Childress, Jameer Nelson
Traded Players: Danilo Gallinari, Emmanuel Mudiay
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Pepsi Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Poison Pill: Gary Harris ($2,550,055 outgoing, $15,310,011 to incoming team)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 2/22/18)