Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Currently under the cap by $10.7 million
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($101 million cap): Up to $43.2 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Bird: Danilo Gallinari (PO, $22,575,000), Mason Plumlee (RFA, $5,821,325)
- Non-Bird: Roy Hibbert ($6,000,000)
- Mike Miller $3,500,000
2017 Draft Picks: 13th (cap hold $2,621,280, lottery TBD), 49th (from Memphis Grizzlies), 51st (from Oklahoma City Thunder); Own 43rd to Houston
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one player option
PG: Jameer Nelson, Emmanuel Mudiay
SG: Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley
SF: Will Barton
PF: Kenneth Faried, Wilson Chandler, Juancho Hernangomez
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee, Darrell Arthur
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Danilo Gallinari.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mason Plumlee.
- 7/12/17 — Mike Miller’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2017-18
- 10/31/17 — Team option deadlines on Emmanuel Mudiay, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Gary Harris.
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Gary Harris.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Ryan Bowen, Chris Finch, John Beckett (player development), Stephen Graham (player development), Ognjen Stojakovic (player development), Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Tommy Massimino Jr. (assistant video coordinator)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (director of performance/assistance coach, and head strength and conditioning coach), Felipe Eichenberger (associate head strength and conditioning coach)
- Josh Kroenke — president of basketball operations and governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — senior vice president of business and team operations
- Tim Connelly — general manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — assistant general manager and vice President of basketball operations
- Jared Jeffries — director of pro personnel
- Chuck Hayes — associate of basketball operations
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Mason Plumlee). Could be from Sacramento Kings (Tyreke Evans/Robin Lopez).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Roy Hibbert).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $650,000 from Atlanta Hawks (Mo Williams), $2,850,000 from Denver Nuggets (Mason Plumlee) — $0 remaining
- Danilo Gallinari — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/17)