Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Up to $22.1 million in cap space
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $37.3 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Juancho Hernangomez (2016-15th, cap hold $1,656,200
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Joffrey Lauvergne ($1,709,719), JaKarr Sampson ($980,431), Axel Toupane ($874,636)
PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Will Barton, Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, JaKarr Sampson, Axel Toupane, Mike Miller
PF: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne, Darrell Arthur
C: Nikola Jokic, Jusuf Nurkic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Emmanuel Mudiay ($3,381,480), Jusuf Nurkic ($2,947,305), Gary Harris ($2,550,055)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 8/11/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Malik Beasley.
- 8/15/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne salary guarantees at $855k for 2016-17.
- 8/19/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Jamal Murray.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Darrell Arthur and Mike Miller.
- First game of season — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1.7 million guarantees for 2016-17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 1/10/17 — JaKarr Sampson’s $980k salary guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Axel Toupane’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Danilo Gallinari.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offers for Joffrey Lauvergne and JaKarr Sampson.
- 7/12/17 — Mike Miller’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2017-18
- 10/31/17 — Team option deadlines on Emmanuel Mudiay, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Estimated player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Darrell Arthur opted out.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jamal Murray (7th), Juancho Hernangomez (15th), Malik Beasley (19th), Petr Cornelie (53rd)
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for cash (TBD).
- 7/8/16 — Signed Darrell Arthur to a three-year, $23 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/11/16 — Signed Malik Beasley (2016-19th) to a $7.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Jamal Murray (2016-7th) to a $14.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Mike Miller to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $7 million contract.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Ryan Bowen, Dee Brown (player development), Noel Gillespie (also advance scout)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (director of performance/assistance coach, and head strength and conditioning coach), Felipe Eichenberger (associate head strength and conditioning coach)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Jared Jeffries — Director of Pro Personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Danilo Gallinari — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/27/16)