Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Under the cap by $19.3 million
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): Up to $40.1 million
- Room: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one 10-day contract
PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Will Barton, Mike Miller, Alonzo Gee
PF: Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Faried, Juancho Hernangomez, Darrell Arthur
C: Nikola Jokic, Jusuf Nurkic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 1/17/17 — Final day of Alonzo Gee’s 10-day contract.
- 2/16/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Alonzo Gee.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Danilo Gallinari.
- 7/12/17 — Mike Miller’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2017-18
- 10/31/17 — Team option deadlines on Emmanuel Mudiay, Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 6/24/18 — Player option deadline for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option deadline on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/29/18 — Player option deadline for Darrell Arthur.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/18 — Team option deadlines on Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Darrell Arthur opted out.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jamal Murray (7th), Juancho Hernangomez (15th), Malik Beasley (19th), Petr Cornelie (53rd)
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for $730,441.
- 7/8/16 — Signed Darrell Arthur to a three-year, $23 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/11/16 — Signed Malik Beasley (2016-19th) to a $6,829,285 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/19/16 — Signed Jamal Murray (2016-7th) to a $14,510,706 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/21/16 — Signed Mike Miller to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $7 million contract.
- 7/28/16 — Signed Juancho Hernangomez (2016-15th) to a $9,551,670 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne’s salary guaranteed at $854,860 for 2016-17.
- 8/19/16 — Signed D.J. Kennedy to a three-year, non/partially-guaranteed $3.0 million contract ($50,000).
- 8/30/16 — Traded Joffrey Lauvergne to Oklahoma City Thunder for two protected 2017 second-rounders.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Robbie Hummel to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,031,676 contract ($150,000).
- 9/7/16 — Signed Jarnell Stokes to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $2,031,676 contract ($150,000).
- 9/12/16 — Signed Nate Wolters to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3,157,492 contract ($50,000).
- 10/21/16 — Picked up team options on Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 11/16/16 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,145,214 contract.
- 1/8/17 — Signed Alonzo Gee to a $77,379 10-day contract.
Waived Players: D.J. Kennedy, Alex Toupane, JaKarr Sampson, Robbie Hummel, Nate Wolters, Jarnell Stokes, Alonzo Gee
Traded Players: Joffrey Lauvergne
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Ryan Bowen, Chris Finch, John Beckett (player development), Stephen Graham (player development), Ognjen Stojakovic (player development), Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Tommy Massimino Jr. (assistant video coordinator)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (director of performance/assistance coach, and head strength and conditioning coach), Felipe Eichenberger (associate head strength and conditioning coach)
- Josh Kroenke — president of basketball operations and governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — senior vice president of business and team operations
- Tim Connelly — general manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — assistant general manager and vice President of basketball operations
- Jared Jeffries — director of pro personnel
- Chuck Hayes — associate of basketball operations
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) from Memphis Grizzlies (Courtney Lee, Joffrey Lauvergne)
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) from Oklahoma City Thunder (Joffrey Lauvergne).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Lakers (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Danilo Gallinari — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/17/17)