Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap but up to $3.1 million in space if Kostas Papanikolaou and Erick Green are waived.
- Room: $0 (Darrell Arthur)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson, Erick Green, Nick Johnson
SG: Randy Foye, Gary Harris, Will Barton
SF: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Kostas Papanikolaou
PF: Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: Jusuf Nurkic, J.J. Hickson, Nikola Jokic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Jusuf Nurkic (third-year), Gary Harris (third-year)
- 8/26/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 9/20/15 — Ty Lawson’s salary can be aggregated in trade.
- 10/4/15 — Kostas Papanikolaou’s $4.8 million guarantees for 15/16.chandler
- 10/31/15 — Team options for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 30-day of regular season — The no-trade restriction lifts on Kostas Papanikolaou.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Will Barton and Darrell Arthur.
- 1/10/16 — Erick Green’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/11/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Wilson Chandler.
- 2/3/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Wilson Chandler.
- 8/15/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne salary guarantees at $855k for 16/17.
- First game of season — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1.7 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Erick Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/15 — Jameer Nelson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Will Barton.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Emmanuel Mudiay with the seventh pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Radicevic with the 57th pick in the draft
- 7/11/15 — Renounced the rights to Darrell Arthur, Rudy Fernandez, Jan Vesely, Wesley Person, Chris Copeland and Ian Clark.
- 7/11/15 — Renegotiated Wilson Chandler’s 2015/16 salary, along with a three-year extension for a total of $46.5 million, player option on final season.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Nikola Jokic (2014-41st) to an estimated four-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Renounced the rights to Jameer Nelson.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a three-year, $13.6 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a protected 2016 first-rounder (TBD) and $440k.
- 7/23/15 — Re-signed Will Barton to a three-year, $11 million deal.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Emmanuel Mudiay (2015-7th) to a $13.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/1/15 — Guaranteed $100k of Erick Green’s 15/16 salary.
- 8/3/15 — Restructured and extended Danilo Gallinari’s contract to $45.2 million for three years, player option on final season.
- 8/7/15 — Re-signed Darrell Arthur to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
Waived Players: Jamaal Franklin, Pablo Prigioni, Joey Dorsey
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Patrick Mutombo, Noel Gillespie, Ed Pinckney, Steve Hess (strength and conditioning)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) from Portland Trail Blazers (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (protections TBD) from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jan Vesely).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Randy Foye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $440k from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson)
- Bird: None
- Danilo Gallinari — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (shared affiliation)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/18/15)