Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $16.4 million, none if the team keeps Paul Millsap.
Roster Count: Fifteen guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, Brandon Goodwin (two-way), Isaiah Thomas (injured)
SG: Malik Beasley, Gary Harris (injured)
SF: Torrey Craig, Juancho Hernangomez, Tyler Lydon, Jarred Vanderbilt (injured), Michael Porter Jr. (injured), Will Barton (injured)
PF: Paul Millsap, Trey Lyles
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee, Thomas Welsh (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wilson Chandler, expiring 7/6/19) — $12,800,562
- Trade Exception (Kenneth Faried, expiring 7/13/19) — $13,764,045
- Trade Exception (Darrell Arthur, expiring 7/13/19) — $5,919,961
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $1,149,153 (Jarred Vanderbilt, Monte Morris, Torey Craig)
Waived Players: Emanuel Terry, Donald Sloan, Xavier Silas, Brandon Goodwin, DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell (two-way), Nick Young
Traded Players: Kenneth Faried, Darrell Arthur
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Nick Young (signing restriction)
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Thomas Welsh, Brandon Goodwin
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Washington Wizards (Kelly Oubre, Jamal Crawford).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-12 protected through 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder (top-55 protected) to Milwaukee Bucks (Roy Hibbert).
- 2019 — Owe the lower second-rounder between the Wizards and Nuggets picks, provided Denver’s selection is not sent to Milwaukee, to Charlotte Hornets (Justin Jackson, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 from Philadelphia 76ers (Wilson Chandler) — $5,133,000 remaining
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lifts on Nikola Jokic and Will Barton.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 6/29/19 — Team option for Paul Millsap.
- 7/6/19 — Wilson Chandler trade exception expires.
- 7/13/19 — Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur trade exceptions expire.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/20 — Monte Morris’ $1,723,707 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/15/20 — Jarred Vanderbilt’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarred Vanderbilt.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Will Barton.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/13/18 — Darrell Arthur opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Michael Porter Jr. (14th), Justin Jackson (43rd) and Thomas Welsh (58).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Justin Jackson (2018-43rd) and a 2019 second-rounder to Orlando Magic for the rights to Jarred Vanderbilt (2018-41st).
- 6/22/18 — Wilson Chandler opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/18 — Opted Nikola Jokic out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Nikola Jokic and Torrey Craig.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Michael Porter Jr. (2018-14th) to a $15,093,095 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Traded Wilson Chandler, 2021 second-rounder and 2022 second-round swap rights to Philadelphia 76ers for $110,000.
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Nikola Jokic to a five-year $147,710,050 contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Will Barton to a four-year, $53 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/18 — Signed Torrey Craig to a two-year $4 million contract.
- 7/10/18 — Signed Jarred Vanderbilt (2018-31st) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/13/18 — Traded Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur, a protected 2019 first-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets for Isaiah Whitehead.
- 7/16/18 — Signed Isaiah Thomas to one-year $2,029,463 contract.
- 7/17/18 — Signed Thomas Welsh (2018-58th) to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Monte Morris to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,661,321 contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed Emanuel Terry to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,255,316 minimum contract.
- 8/6/18 — Signed DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell to a two-way contract.
- 9/21/18 — Signed Xavier Silas to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 9/26/18 — Signed Donald Sloan to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/18 — Signed Coach Mike Malone to a contract extension.
- 10/30/18 — Picked up the team options on Jamal Murray, Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Tyler Lydon.
- 11/29/18 — Signed Brandon Goodwin to a rest-of-season non-guaranteed $630,032 minimum contract.
- 12/10/18 — Signed Nick Young to a rest-of-season non-guaranteed $1,650,024 minimum contract.
- 12/16/18 — Signed Brandon Goodwin to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Richard Jefferson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Pepsi Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/9/19)