Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: $5.5 million in cap space, up to $11.2 million if Kostas Papanikolaou and Erick Green are waived.
- Room: $2,814,000
- Bird: Will Barton (restricted, re-signing)
First-Round Player Options: Jusuf Nurkic (third-year), Gary Harris (third-year)
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
- 6/22/15 — Jameer Nelson opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/23/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Will Barton.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Emmanuel Mudiay with the seventh pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Radicevic with the 57th pick in the draft
- 7/11/15 — Renounced the rights to Darrell Arthur, Rudy Fernandez, Jan Vesely, Wesley Person, Chris Copeland and Ian Clark.
- 7/11/15 — Renegotiated Wilson Chandler’s 2015/16 salary, along with a three-year extension for a total of $46.5 million, player option on final season.
- 7/11/15 — Signed Nikola Jokic (2014-41st) to an estimated four-year, $5.5 million contract.
- 7/12/15 — Renounced the rights to Jameer Nelson.
- 7/12/15 — Signed Jameer Nelson to a three-year, $13.6 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder to Houston Rockets for Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a protected 2016 first-rounder (TBD) and cash (TBD)
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to re-sign Will Barton to a three-year, $11 million deal.
Waived Players: Jamaal Franklin, Pablo Prigioni
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Emmanuel Mudiay (2015-7th)
- Second-rounders: Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Jameer Nelson, Erick Green, Nick Johnson
SG: Randy Foye, Gary Harris, Will Barton
SF: Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Kostas Papanikolaou
PF: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: Jusuf Nurkic, J.J. Hickson, Nikola Jokic. Joey Dorsey
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected in 2017 and 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2017, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2018 after Sacramento Kings swap and 2019) from Portland Trail Blazers (Arron Afflalo).
- 2016 — Owed first-rounder (protections TBD) from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Jan Vesely).
- 2016 — Nuggets have the right to swap first-round picks with New York Knicks (Carmelo Anthony). If swapped, Denver’s pick goes to Toronto Raptors (Andrea Bargnani).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Randy Foye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): TBD from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson)
Will Barton — $1,181,348 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/20/15)