Denver Nuggets Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $18.9-$33.8 million
- Trade (Randy Foye, expiring 2/18/17) — $135,000
- Room: $2,898,000
The trade exception will be lost if/when the team drops under the cap.
2016/17 Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, three non-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Jamal Murray (2016-7th, cap hold $2,675,700), Juan Hernangomez (2016-15th, cap hold $1,656,200), Malik Beasley (2016-19th, cap hold $1,356,100)
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Cenk Akyol (2005-59th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
- Bird: Darrell Arthur
- Early Bird: D.J. Augustin
- Non-Bird: Mike Miller
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Joffrey Lauvergne ($1,709,719), JaKarr Sampson ($980,431), Axel Toupane ($874,636)
Qualifying Offers: None
PG: Emmanuel Mudiay, Jameer Nelson
SG: Gary Harris, Will Barton
SF: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, JaKarr Sampson, Axel Toupane
PF: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: Nikola Jokic, Jusuf Nurkic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Emmanuel Mudiay ($3,381,480), Jusuf Nurkic ($2,947,305), Gary Harris ($2,550,055)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins
- 8/15/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne salary guarantees at $855k for 16/17.
- First game of season — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1.7 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 1/10/17 — JaKarr Sampson’s $980k salary guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Axel Toupane’s $874,636 guarantees for 2016/17.
- 2/18/17 — Randy Foye $135k TPE expires.
- 6/29/17 — Player option for Danilo Gallinari.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offers for Joffrey Lauvergne and JaKarr Sampson.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 6/24/18 — Player option for Wilson Chandler.
- 6/29/18 — Team option on Nikola Jokic.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jusuf Nurkic and Gary Harris.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Emmanuel Mudiay.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Darrell Arthur opted out.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Jamal Murray (7th), Juan Hernangomez (15th), Malik Beasley (19th), Petr Cornelie (53rd)
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for cash (TBD).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Malone (four-year deal starting with 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Ed Pinckney, Wes Unseld Jr. Micah Nori, Ryan Bowen, Dee Brown (player development), Noel Gillespie (also advance scout)
Trainer: Dan Shimensky, Jason Miller (assistant), Steve Hess (director of performance/assistance coach, and head strength and conditioning coach), Felipe Eichenberger (associate head strength and conditioning coach)
- Josh Kroenke — President of Basketball Operations and Governor
- Pete D’Alessandro — Senior Vice President of Business and Team Operations for the Denver Nuggets
- Tim Connelly — General Manager
- Arturas Karnisovas — Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Jared Jeffries — Director of Pro Personnel
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Chicago Bulls (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $440k from Houston Rockets (Ty Lawson); $1,169,559 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Randy Foye) — $1,790,441 remaining, TBD from Oklahoma City Thunder (Daniel Hamilton)
- Danilo Gallinari — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Chris Anderson.
D-League Affiliate: None
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)