|Michael Porter Jr.||$3,389,400|
|Gerald Green (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Bol Manute Bol (two-way)|
|Tyler Cook (subtitute two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one substitute, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, P.J. Dozier
SG: Gary Harris, Keita Bates-Diop, Troy Daniels
SF: Will Barton, Michael Porter Jr., Torrey Craig, Vlatko Cancar
PF: Paul Millsap, Jerami Grant, Noah Vonleh, Tyler Cook (substitute)
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee, Bol Manute Bol (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Juancho Hernangomez, expiring 2/5/21) — $3,321,030
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,645,357
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,176,575 (Vlatko Cancar, P.J. Dozier)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Thomas Welsh (two-way), Tyler Cook (two-way, claimed by the Cleveland Cavaliers), Tyler Zeller, Gerald Green, Jordan McRae
Traded Players: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Jarred Vanderbilt, Shabazz Napier
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Bol Manute Bol (two-year)
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Clint Capela).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors (Wilson Chandler, Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder (Denver or Philadelphia) to the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/21/19 — Traded 2022 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Miami Heat for the rights to Bol Manute Bol (44th).
- 6/29/19 — Exercised team option on final year of Paul Millsap’s contract.
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Trey Lyles.
- 7/7/19 — Revoked Trey Lyles’ qualifying offer.
- 7/8/19 — Traded a protected 2020 first rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jerami Grant.
- 7/8/19 — Wilson Chandler trade exception ($3,454,409) expired.
- 7/11/19 — Revoked Brandon Goodwin’s qualifying offer.
- 7/13/19 — Kenneth Faried ($13,764,045) and Darrell Arthur ($5,919,961) trade exceptions expired.
- 7/24/19 — Agreed to sign Jamal Murray to a five-year estimated $169,650,000 extension.
- 7/30/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh (two-way).
- 8/1/19 — Signed Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed Tyler Cook to a two-way contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/19 — Signed Bol Manute Bol (2019-44th) to a two-way contract.
- 9/19/19 — Signed Tyler Zeller to a non-guaranteed $2,174,381 minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/19 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Signed Elijah Millsap to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/7/19 — Waived Jorge Gutierrez and Elijah Millsap.
- 10/7/19 — Picked up Michael Porter Jr.’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/16/19 — Ended Tyler Cook’s two-way contract.
- 10/17/19 — Converted PJ Dozier to a two-way contract.
- 10/24/19 — Waived Tyler Zeller.
- 12/24/19 — Signed Coach Mike Malone to a contract extension.
- 2/5/20 — Traded Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Jarred Vanderbilt to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier and Noah Vonleh, and Gerald Green and a 2020 first-rounder from the Houston Rockets.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Shabazz Napier to the Washington Wizards for Jordan McRae.
- 3/1/20 — Waived Jordan McRae (claimed by the Detroit Pistons).
- 3/5/20 — Signed Troy Daniels for the rest of the season at $481,361.
- 6/30/20 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,856,771 contract, ending his two-way.
- 6/30/20 — Signed Tyler Cook as a substitute two-way.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Richard Jefferson** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Pepsi Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/28/20)