Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $18 million, none if the team keeps Paul Millsap.
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, one team option, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris
SG: Gary Harris, Malik Beasley
SF: Will Barton, Torrey Craig, Jarred Vanderbilt, Michael Porter Jr.
PF: Mason Plumlee, Juancho Hernangomez
C: Nikola Jokic, Thomas Welsh (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wilson Chandler, expiring 7/6/19) — $12,800,562
- Trade Exception (Kenneth Faried, expiring 7/13/19) — $13,764,045
- Trade Exception (Darrell Arthur, expiring 7/13/19) — $5,919,961
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Trey Lyles (RFA*, $10,092,747)
- Early Bird: Paul Millsap (TO)
- Declined First: Tyler Lydon ($2,190,720)
- Non-Bird: Isaiah Thomas ($1,618,486), Brandon Goodwin (two-way), Richard Jefferson** ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
2019 Draft Picks: None; Own 27th to the Brooklyn Nets, 57th to the New Orleans Pelicans
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th), Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Thomas Welsh
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Arturas Karnisovas — general manager
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Wilson Chandler).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 from Philadelphia 76ers (Wilson Chandler) — $5,133,000 remaining
- 6/29/19 — Team option for Paul Millsap.
- 7/6/19 — Wilson Chandler trade exception expires.
- 7/13/19 — Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur trade exceptions expire.
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 10/31/19 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Juancho Hernangomez, Jamal Murray and Malik Beasley.
- 6/30/20 — Monte Morris’ $1,723,707 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/15/20 — Jarred Vanderbilt’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jarred Vanderbilt.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Will Barton.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Pepsi Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/16/19)