Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($115 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one substitute, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Monte Morris, P.J. Dozier
SG: Gary Harris, Keita Bates-Diop, Troy Daniels
SF: Will Barton, Michael Porter Jr., Torrey Craig, Vlatko Cancar
PF: Paul Millsap, Jerami Grant, Noah Vonleh, Tyler Cook (substitute)
C: Nikola Jokic, Mason Plumlee, Bol Manute Bol (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Juancho Hernangomez, expiring 2/5/21) — $3,321,030
- Trade Exception (Shabazz Napier, expiring 2/6/21) — $1,645,357
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,176,575 (Vlatko Cancar, P.J. Dozier)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Thomas Welsh (two-way), Tyler Cook (two-way, claimed by the Cleveland Cavaliers), Tyler Zeller, Gerald Green, Jordan McRae
Traded Players: Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez, Jarred Vanderbilt, Shabazz Napier
G-League Affiliate: None
Two-Way Contracts: Bol Manute Bol (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr. David Adelman, Micah Nori, Jordi Fernandez, Bob Weiss, Ryan Bowen
Player Development: John Becket, Stephen Graham, Ognjen Stojakovic,
Video: Travess Amenta (head video coordinator), Andrew Munson (assistant video coordinator), Dethie Fall
Training: Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach), Steve Short (director of sports medicine)
- Josh Kroenke — president and governor
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — assistant general manager
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Herb Livsey — head scout
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Tommy Balcetis — director of basketball strategy and analytics
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder from the Houston Rockets (Clint Capela).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Jerami Grant).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Kenneth Faried).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Golden State Warriors (Wilson Chandler, Alec Burks).
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder (Denver or Philadelphia) to the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 9/30/20 — No-trade restriction lifts on P.J. Dozier.
- 10/16/20 — NBA Draft.
- 10/17/20 — Player option on Jerami Grant.
- 10/18/20 — Monte Morris’ $1,723,707 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/19/20-10/23/20 — NBA Moratorium.
- 10/24/20 — Keita Bates-Diop’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option deadline on Michael Porter Jr. (revised date TBD).
- 2/5/21 — Juancho Hernangomez trade exception expires.
- 2/6/21 — Shabazz Napier trade exception expires.
- 6/29/21 — Player option on Will Barton.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Keita Bates-Diop.
- 7/1/21 — Vlatko Cancar’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Michael Porter Jr. and Vlatko Cancar.
- TBD — Guarantee details for P.J. Dozier.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, but players are released 48 hours prior to account for waivers.
- 6/21/19 — Traded 2022 second-rounder and $1.2 million to Miami Heat for the rights to Bol Manute Bol (44th).
- 6/29/19 — Exercised team option on final year of Paul Millsap’s contract.
- 6/29/19 — Extended qualifying offer to Trey Lyles.
- 7/7/19 — Revoked Trey Lyles’ qualifying offer.
- 7/8/19 — Traded a protected 2020 first rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jerami Grant.
- 7/8/19 — Wilson Chandler trade exception ($3,454,409) expired.
- 7/11/19 — Revoked Brandon Goodwin’s qualifying offer.
- 7/13/19 — Kenneth Faried ($13,764,045) and Darrell Arthur ($5,919,961) trade exceptions expired.
- 7/24/19 — Agreed to sign Jamal Murray to a five-year estimated $169,650,000 extension.
- 7/30/19 — Waived Thomas Welsh (two-way).
- 8/1/19 — Signed Vlatko Cancar (2017-49th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,198,912 contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed Tyler Cook to a two-way contract.
- 8/12/19 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/19 — Signed Bol Manute Bol (2019-44th) to a two-way contract.
- 9/19/19 — Signed Tyler Zeller to a non-guaranteed $2,174,381 minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/19 — Signed Jorge Gutierrez to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/4/19 — Signed Elijah Millsap to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 10/7/19 — Waived Jorge Gutierrez and Elijah Millsap.
- 10/7/19 — Picked up Michael Porter Jr.’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/16/19 — Ended Tyler Cook’s two-way contract.
- 10/17/19 — Converted PJ Dozier to a two-way contract.
- 10/24/19 — Waived Tyler Zeller.
- 12/24/19 — Signed Coach Mike Malone to a contract extension.
- 2/5/20 — Traded Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Jarred Vanderbilt to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier and Noah Vonleh, and Gerald Green and a 2020 first-rounder from the Houston Rockets.
- 2/6/20 — Traded Shabazz Napier to the Washington Wizards for Jordan McRae.
- 3/1/20 — Waived Jordan McRae (claimed by the Detroit Pistons).
- 3/5/20 — Signed Troy Daniels for the rest of the season at $481,361.
- 6/30/20 — Signed P.J. Dozier to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,856,771 contract, ending his two-way.
- 6/30/20 — Signed Tyler Cook as a substitute two-way.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Richard Jefferson** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Nikola Radicevic (2015-57th), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Pepsi Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/1/20)