Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the JaMychal Green signing via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 26; No. 55 to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Wilson Chandler, Alec Burks, Kelly Oubre)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, two player options
PG: Jamal Murray, Facundo Campazzo
SG: Will Barton (PO), Monte Morris, PJ Dozier
SF: Aaron Gordon, Vlatko Cancar
PF: Michael Porter Jr, Zeke Nnaji
C: Nikola Jokic, JaMychal Green (PO), Bol Manute Bol
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jerami Grant, expiring 8/6/21) — $5,325,000
- Trade Exception (RJ Hampton, expiring 2/11/22) — $2,193,480
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Hartenstein, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,620,564
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Vlatko Cancar $1,782,621 — 8/3/21
- PJ Dozier $1,910,860 — 8/15/21 (guarantees at $200,000)
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Will Barton $14,669,642 (player)
- JaMychal Green $7,559,748 (player)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Will Barton ($20,584,821 on opt out), Paul Millsap ($19,000,000), JaVale McGee ($15,776,205
- Non-Bird: JaMychal Green ($8,639,712 on opt out), Austin Rivers ($1,669,178), Troy Daniels*** ($1,669,178), Richard Jefferson*** ($1,669,178). Markus Howard (RFA, two-way), Shaquille Harrison (RFA, two-way)
*** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Shaquille Harrison $1,789,256 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Markus Howard (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Michael Porter Jr
- Zeke Nnaji (third-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Gold
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Josh Kroenke
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — general manager
- Tommy Balcetis — assistant general manager
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball administration
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Scott Howard — manager of player personnel
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: Wes Unseld Jr (associate head coach), David Adelman, Jordi Fernandez, Ryan Bowen, Charles Klask, John Beckett
Training Staff: Steve Short (director of sports medicine), Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler), the lower going to the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol). May go to the Houston Rockets via Miami (Victor Oladipo).
- 2023 — Owe a first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (RJ Hampton).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (top-46 protected) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (JaVale McGee).
- 2025 — Owe a first-rounder (two years after the obligation to the Oklahoma City Thunder, top-5 protected through 2027, otherwise does not convey) to the Orlando Magic (Aaron Gordon).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (JaVale McGee).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $110,000 from the Detroit Pistons (Jerami Grant) — $5,507,00 remaining
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Player options on Will Barton and JaMychal Green.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/3/21 — Vlatko Cancar’s $1,782,621 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 8/6/21 — Jerami Grant trade exception expires.
- 8/15/21 — PJ Dozier’s salary guarantees at $200,000 for 2021-22 (10 days after the final day of the moratorium).
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Zeke Nnaji.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- First day of the 2021-22 season — PJ Dozier’s salary guarantees at $400,000 for 2021-22.
- 12/11/21 — PJ Dozier’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2021-22 (30 days prior to the standard 1/10/22 cut-down date).
- 2/11/22 — RJ Hampton and Isaiah Hartenstein trade exceptions expired.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Facundo Campazzo.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Zeke Nnaji.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Bol Manute Bol, Michael Porter Jr. and Vlatko Cancar.
- Before the first day of 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Zeke Nnaji.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline on Zeke Nnaji.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Ball Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
Latest Denver Nuggets Betting Odds & Information
The Denver Nuggets odds for the 2022 NBA Championship have been released and no doubt millions of legal sports bettors in Colorado will already have fired up their favorite NBA betting app to bet on the Nuggets at odds of +2500. That seems like a fair price for any team with Nikola Jokic on the roster, even if the Serbian failed to help his team reach the NBA Finals this season.
Jokic’s own NBA MVP Futures odds are yet to be released but it is certain he will be one of the favored players. It’s likely that Denver’s chances and Jokic’s chances will mirror each other and Nuggets bettors will pleased that the center is missing the Olympics to focus on recovery.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.