Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Up to $18.3 million in cap space, none with Michael Porter Jr.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Jamal Murray, Facundo Campazzo, PJ Dozier, Markus Howard (two-way)
SG: Will Barton, Monte Morris, Austin Rivers, Bones Hyland
SF: Aaron Gordon, Vlatko Cancar
PF: Michael Porter Jr, Jeff Green, Zeke Nnaji
C: Nikola Jokic, JaMychal Green, Bol Manute Bol
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (RJ Hampton, expiring 2/11/22) — $2,193,480
- Trade Exception (Isaiah Hartenstein, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,620,564
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $4,536,000 (Jeff Green)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- PJ Dozier $1,910,860 ($200,000 guaranteed) — First game of the season (guarantees at $400,000)
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Paul Millsap ($19,000,000)
- Non-Bird: Troy Daniels*** ($1,669,178), Richard Jefferson*** ($1,669,178), Shaquille Harrison (two-way)
*** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Michael Porter Jr
- Zeke Nnaji (third-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Grand Rapids Gold (coach Jason Terry)
Two-Way Contracts: Markus Howard
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Josh Kroenke
- Tim Connelly — president of basketball operations
- Calvin Booth — general manager
- Tommy Balcetis — assistant general manager
- Lisa Johnson — vice president of basketball administration
- Ben Tenzer — director of basketball operations
- Amy O’Brien — director of team operations/player development
- Jim Clibanoff — director of scouting
- Scott Howard — manager of player personnel
Head Coach: Mike Malone
Assistants: David Adelman, Jordi Fernandez, Ryan Bowen, Charles Klask, John Beckett, Popeye Jones
Training Staff: Steve Short (director of sports medicine), Dan Shimensky (head athletic trainer), Felipe Eichenberger (head strength and conditioning coach), Jason Miller (assistant athletic trainer/assistant strength and conditioning coach)
- 2022 — Philadelphia 76ers can swap second-rounders with the higher pick going to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Wilson Chandler, Jimmy Butler), the lower going to the Miami HEAT (Bol Manute Bol). May go to the Houston Rockets via Miami (Victor Oladipo).
- 2023 — Owe a first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, otherwise converts to 2025 and 2026 second-rounders) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (RJ Hampton).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder (top-46 protected) to the Chicago Bulls (JaVale McGee, Lauri Markkanen).
- 2025 — Owe a first-rounder (two years after the obligation to the Oklahoma City Thunder, top-5 protected through 2027, otherwise does not convey) to the Orlando Magic (Aaron Gordon).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (JaVale McGee).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 8/31/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Markus Howard.
- 10/18/21 — Extension deadline for Michael Porter Jr.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Zeke Nnaji.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/19/21 — PJ Dozier’s salary guarantees at $400,000 for 2021-22.
- 12/11/21 — PJ Dozier’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2021-22 (30 days prior to the standard 1/10/22 cut-down date).
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Austin Rivers, JaMychal Green, Jeff Green and Will Barton.
- 2/11/22 — RJ Hampton and Isaiah Hartenstein trade exceptions expired.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Player options for Jeff Green and JaMychal Green.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Facundo Campazzo.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Zeke Nnaji and Bones Hyland.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Bol Manute Bol, Michael Porter Jr. and Vlatko Cancar.
- Before the first day of 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Zeke Nnaji.
- 10/31/23 — Team option on Bones Hyland.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline on Zeke Nnaji.
- Before the first day of 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Bones Hyland.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bones Hyland.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 7/28/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Markus Howard.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Bones Hyland (2021-26th).
- 7/31/21 — Will Barton and JaMychal Green opted out of their final years.
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Markus Howard.
- 8/3/21 — Vlatko Cancar’s $1,782,621 guaranteed for 2021-22.
- 8/5/21 — Signed Bones Hyland (2021-26th) to a $10,763,239 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/6/21 — Jerami Grant trade exception ($5,325,000) expired.
- 8/11/21 — Signed Jeff Green to a two-year $10 million contract ($500,000 in unlikely incentives per season), via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception, player option on the final season.
- 8/11/21 — Re-signed Will Barton to a two-year $32 million contract ($1 million in unlikely incentives per season).
- 8/13/21 — Re-signed Markus Howard to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/15/21 — PJ Dozier’s salary guaranteed at $200,000 for 2021-22.
- 8/18/21 — Re-signed JaMychal Green to a two-year $16.8million contract ($200,000 in unlikely incentives per season), via non-Bird rights, player option on the final season.
- 8/31/21 — Re-signed Austin Rivers to a $2,401,537 minimum contract.
No-Trade: JaMychal Green (One-Year Bird), Austin Rivers (One-Year Bird)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Petr Cornelie (2016-53rd), Izzet Turkyilmaz (2012-50th), Sani Becirovic (2003-46th), Xue Yuyang (2003-57th)
Arena: Ball Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/1/21)
Latest Denver Nuggets Betting Odds & Information
The Denver Nuggets odds for the 2022 NBA Championship have been released and no doubt millions of legal sports bettors in Colorado will already have fired up their favorite NBA betting app to bet on the Nuggets at odds of +2500. That seems like a fair price for any team with Nikola Jokic on the roster, even if the Serbian failed to help his team reach the NBA Finals this season.
Jokic’s own NBA MVP Futures odds are yet to be released but it is certain he will be one of the favored players. It’s likely that Denver’s chances and Jokic’s chances will mirror each other and Nuggets bettors will pleased that the center is missing the Olympics to focus on recovery.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.