|Kyle Singler (stretched)||$999,200|
|Patrick Patterson (stretched)||$737,067|
|Kevin Hervey (two-way)|
|Devon Hall (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and repeater tax eligible.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, one two-way, one substitute two-way
PG: Chris Paul, Dennis Schröder
SG: Luguentz Dort, Deonte Burton, Devon Hall (substitute), Andre Roberson (injured)
SF: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Terrence Ferguson, Abdel Nader, Hamidou Diallo, Darius Bazley, Isaiah Roby
PF: Danilo Gallinari, Mike Muscala, Kevin Hervey
C: Steven Adams, Nerlens Noel
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Jerami Grant, expiring 10/25/20) — $9,346,153
- Trade Exception (Paul George, expiring 10/27/20) — $10,389,997
- Trade Exception (Justin Patton, expiring 1/25/21) — $1,620,564
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
- Mid-Level Exception — $7,481,789 (Justin Patton, Luguentz Dort)
Waived Players: Donte Grantham (two-way), Patrick Patterson (stretched), Markel Brown, DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, Abdul Gaddy, Myke Henry, Eric Moreland, Vincent Edwards, Kadeem Jack, Sedrick Barefield, Devon Hall (two-way)
Traded Players: Jerami Grant, Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Justin Patton
G-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Jesse Gould general manager, Grant Gibbs coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Kevin Hervey
Head Coach: Billy Donovan
Assistants: Maurice Cheeks, Vin Bhavnani, David Akinyooye, Dave Bliss, Mark Daigneault, Brian Keefe, Mike Wilks, Billy Schmidt (director of quality control)
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Rob Hennigan — vice president of insight and foresight
- Will Dawkins — vice president of identification and intelligence
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2022, otherwise converts to 2023 and 2024 second-rounders) from the Denver Nuggets (Jerami Grant).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from the Chicago Bulls (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to the Philadelphia 76ers (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks, Markelle Fultz).
- 2021 — Owed a first-rounder from the Miami HEAT (Goran Dragic, Mikal Bridges, Tobias Harris, Paul George).
- 2021 — Can swap first-rounders (lowest of the Thunder or Miami HEAT) with the Houston Rockets (top-4 protected, Russell Westbrook).
- 2022 — Owed a first-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul George).
- 2022 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Atlanta Hawks (Carmelo Anthony).
- 2023 — Owed first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) from the Miami HEAT (Jimmy Butler, Paul George).
- 2023 — Can swap first-rounders with the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul George).
- 2024 — Owed a first-rounder (top-four protected, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) from the Houston Rockets (Russell Westbrook).
- 2024 — Owed a first-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul George)
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Memphis Grizzlies (Brandon Clarke).
- 2025 — Can swap first-rounders with the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul George).
- 2025 — Can swap first-rounders (top-10 protected) with the Houston Rockets (Russell Westbrook).
- 2026 — Owed a first-rounder from the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul George).
- 2026 — Owed a first-rounder (top-four protected, otherwise converts to a 2026 second-rounder and $1 million) from the Houston Rockets (Russell Westbrook).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $800,000 to the Dallas Mavericks (Isaiah Roby) — $4,817,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1 million from the Houston Rockets (Russell Westbrook) — $4,617,000 remaining
- 5/11/19 — Patrick Patterson opted into his $5,711,200 salary.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Brandon Clarke (21st).
- 7/1/19 — Re-signed Nerlens Noel to a one-year $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Luguentz Dort to a two-way contract.
- 7/6/19 — Traded the rights to Brandon Clarke (21st) to the Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Darius Bazley (23rd) and a 2024 second-rounder.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Darius Bazley (2019-23rd) to an $11,461,629 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/8/19 — Traded Jerami Grant to the Denver Nuggets for a protected 2020 first-rounder.
- 7/9/19 — Signed Mike Muscala to a two-year $4,311,628 contract, player option on the final season.
- 7/10/19 — Traded Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a 2021 Miami HEAT first-rounder, a 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-round swap rights, a protected Miami 2023 first-rounder, a 2024 first-rounder, 2025 first-round swap rights and a 2026 first-rounder.
- 7/15/19 — Abdel Nader’s $1,618,520 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/16/19 — Traded Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, conditional 2021 swap rights, a protected 2024 first-rounder, conditional 2025 swap rights, a protected 2026 first-rounder (top-4 protected, otherwise conveys as $1 million).
- 7/25/19 — Carmelo Anthony trade exception ($6,930,269) expired.
- 7/25/19 — Waived Donte Grantham (two-way).
- 8/1/19 — Deonte Burton’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 8/1/19 — Waived and stretched Patrick Patterson.
- 8/12/19 — Signed Justin Patton to a partially-guaranteed three-year $5,294,240 contract, team option on final season.
- 9/4/19 — Signed Devon Hall to a two-way contract.
- 9/24/19 — Signed Markel Brown to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract.
- 9/27/19 — Waived Markel Brown.
- 9/29/19 — Signed DeVaughn Akoon Purcell to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/19 — Signed Abdul Gaddy to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/19 — Signed Myke Henry to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/29/19 — Signed Eric Moreland to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract.
- 10/17/19 — Waived DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell, Abdul Gaddy, Myke Henry and Eric Moreland.
- 10/18/19 — Picked up Terrence Ferguson’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/18/19 — Picked up Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s third-year rookie-scale option.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Vincent Edwards to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Kadeem Jack to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/18/19 — Signed Sedrick Barefield to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/1/19 — Waived Vincent Edwards, Kadeem Jack and Sedrick Barefield.
- 12/12/19 — Waived Devon Hall (two-way).
- 12/12/19 — Signed Kevin Hervey (2018-57th) to a two-way contract.
- 1/10/20 — Justin Patton’s $1,620,564 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/24/20 — Traded Justin Patton and $800,000 to the Dallas Mavericks for Isaiah Roby.
- 2/1/20 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot trade exception ($44,951) expired.
- 6/24/20 — Signed Luguentz Dort to a partially-guaranteed four-year $5,386,930 contract, team option on final season, ending his two-way.
- 6/27/20 — Signed Devon Hall (2018-53rd) to a substitute contract (two-way).
- Steven Adams — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Nick Collison* ($1,620,564)
- Early Bird: Raymond Felton ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Norris Cole* ($1,620,564), Jawun Evans (two-way)
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Arena: Chesapeake Energy Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/30/20)