|Ronnie Price (waived)||$2,557,545|
|Mitch McGary (waived)||$1,526,040|
|Chris Wright (waived)||$100,000|
|Kaleb Tarczewski (waived)||$75,000|
|Alex Caruso (waived)||$50,000|
|Reggie Williams (waived)||$50,000|
Quick: Spent over the cap (including trade exception).
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
- Trade Exception (Ersan Ilyasova, expiring 11/1/17) — $4,936,529
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Russell Westbrook, Norris Cole, Semaj Christon
SG: Victor Oladipo, Alex Abrines
SF: Andre Roberson, Doug McDermott, Kyle Singler, Josh Huestis
PF: Domantas Sabonis, Taj Gibson, Jerami Grant
C: Steven Adams, Enes Kanter, Nick Collison
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/23/16 — Traded Serge Ibaka to Orlando Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantas Sabonis (11th).
- 6/23/16 — Traded $730,441 to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Daniel Hamilton (56th).
- 6/27/16 — Issued a qualifying offer to Dion Waiters.
- 7/1/16 — Guaranteed Ersan Ilyasova’s $8.4 million for 2016-17.
- 7/7/16 — Anthony Morrow’s $3.5 million guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 7/18/16 — Rescinded Dion Waiters’ qualifying offer.
- 7/22/16 — Renounced the rights to Derek Fisher.
- 7/23/16 — Signed Alex Abrines (2013-32nd) to a three-year, $17.2 million contract.
- 8/4/16 — Restructured and extended Russell Westbrook’s deal to a three-year, $85.7 million contract, player option on final season.
- 8/12/16 — Signed Domantas Sabonis (2016-11th) to an $8.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 8/13/16 — Signed Ronnie Price to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 8/20/16 — Signed Semaj Christon (2014-55th) to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.5 million contract.
- 8/30/16 — Renounced the rights to Nazr Mohammed.
- 8/30/16 — Traded two protected 2017 second-rounders to Denver Nuggets for Joffrey Lauvergne.
- 9/7/16 — Signed Tomislav Zubcic (2012-56th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Kaleb Tarczewski to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Chris Wright to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $980,431 contract.
- 9/22/16 — Signed Alex Caruso to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $543,471 contract ($50,000)
- 10/17/16 — Signed Reggie Williams to a one-year, partially-guaranteed $1,227,286 contract ($50,000).
- 10/26/16 — Joffrey Lauvergne’s $1,709,719 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 10/29/16 — Picked up team options on Cameron Payne and Josh Huestis.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Victor Oladipo to an estimated four-year, $84 million contract.
- 10/31/16 — Signed Steven Adams to an estimated four-year, $100 million contract.
- 11/1/16 — Traded Ersan Ilyasova and a protected first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Jerami Grant.
- 1/10/17 — Jerami Grant’s $980,431 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Semaj Christon’s $543,471 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 2/23/17 — Traded Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow and Joffrey Lauvergne to Chicago Bulls for Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott and a 2018 second-rounder.
- 3/1/17 — Signed Norris Cole for the rest of the season at $288,131.
Waived Players: Tomislav Zubcic, Alex Caruso, Reggie Williams, Ronnie Price, Kaleb Tarczewski, Chris Wright, Mitch McGary
Traded Players: Serge Ibaka, Ersan Ilyasova, Cameron Payne, Anthony Morrow, Joffrey Lauvergne
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Billy Donovan (five years at roughly $30 million, starting for the 2015-16 season, final season a team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Maurice Cheeks, Anthony Grant, Mark Bryant, Darko Rajakovic, Vin Bhavani, Royal Ivey
Trainer: Joe Sharpe, Dwight Daub (strength and conditioning)
- Sam Presti — executive vice president of basketball operations and general manager
- Troy Weaver — vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager
- Maurizio Gherarini — senior advisor/international affairs
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Denver Nuggets (Joffrey Lauvergne).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected through 2020, otherwise converts to second-rounders in 2020 and 2021) to Utah Jazz (Enes Kanter)
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Perry Jones III)
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Taj Gibson).
- 2020 — Owe first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following conveyance of pick to Utah Jazz, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) to Philadelphia 76ers (Jerami Grant).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Daniel Hamilton (2016-56th), Dakari Johnson (2015-48th), DeVon Hardin (2008-50th), Yotam Halperin (2006-53rd), Sofoklis Schortsanitis (2003-34th), Szymon Szewczyk (2003-35th), Paccelis Morlende (2003-50th), Abdul Shamsid-Deen (1990-53rd)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- Russell Westbrook — 15 percent
- Enes Kanter — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
D-League Affiliate: Oklahoma City Blue (Mark Daigneault coach)
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/29/17)