Quick: Under the cap by $3.6 million.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $16.7 million
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: D.J. Augustin, Shelvin Mack
SG: Jonathon Simmons, Rodney Purvis
SF: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Wesley Iwundu
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Nikola Vucevic, Bismack Biyombo, Khem Birch
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Aaron Gordon (RFA, $16,513,259, full Bird)
- Mario Hezonja ($5,167,231, limited Bird)
- Arron Afflalo ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Marreese Speights ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Jamel Artis (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Shelvin Mack $6.0 million ($1 million guaranteed)
- Khem Birch $1,378,242
- Rodney Purvis $1,378,242
Draft Picks: 6th (cap hold $4,266,884), 35th, 41st from Charlotte Hornets (Troy Daniels, Elfrid Payton)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception. if the team goes under the cap they loss all exceptions but gain the $4,411,290 Room Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rodney Purvis (signing restriction through 6/28/18)
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: None
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Corliss Williamson, David Adelman, Jay Hernandez, Matt Hill, Randy Wittman (coach consultant)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2019 — Have right to swap second-rounders with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following Oklahoma City Thunder’s conveyance of a pick to Minnesota Timberwolves, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks, via trade with Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/28/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Rodney Purvis.
- 6/29/18 — Khem Birch’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kali Lucas and Troy Caupain.
- 6/29/18 (or four days after the NBA Draft, whichever is earlier) — Shelvin Mack’s $6.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadline for Aaron Gordon.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 1/10/19 — Rodney Purvis’ $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/19 — Player option deadline for Bismack Biyombo.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Khem Birch and Rodney Purvis.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Wesley Iwundu.
- 7/1/19 — Jonathon Simmons’ $5.7 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 6/29/20 — Player option deadline for Evan Fournier.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Wesley Iwundu.
- Before first day of the 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Issac.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jonathan Isaac.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/12/18 — Fired Coach Frank Vogel.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Amway Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)