Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20. Hard capped by the Al-Farouq Aminu signing.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): None
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: D.J. Augustin, Michael Carter-Williams, Markelle Fultz, Josh Magette (two-way), Hassani Gravett
SG: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Melvin Frazier Jr., DaQuan Jeffries
SF: Aaron Gordon, Wes Iwundu, Vic Law
PF: Jonathan Isaac, Al-Farouq Aminu, Amile Jefferson (two-way)
C: Nikola Vucevic, Mohamed Bamba
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Al-Farouq Aminu)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Exceptions would be renounced if the team goes under the cap.
- Vic Law $898,310
- DaQuan Jeffries $898,310
- Hassani Gravett $898,310
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Chuma Okeke (2019-16th), Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Waived Players: Timofey Mozgov (stretched)
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Josh Magette, Amile Jefferson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer
Trainers: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Luke Storey (head strength and conditioning coach), Sameer Mehta (physical therapist), Nathan Spencer (performance and rehabilitation coach), Christian Espinoza (assistant athletic trainer), Chris Gerhard (applied sports scientist), Aki Tajima (Athletic trainer/Manual therapist)
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2020 — Owed a second-rounder from the Los Angeles Lakers (Talen Horton-Tucker).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/22/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Josh Magette.
- 8/29/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Amile Jefferson.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jonathan Isaac and Mohamed Bamba.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on Terrence Ross, Hassani Gravett, Vic Law, DaQuan Jeffries, Michael Carter-Williams and Al-Farouq Aminu.
- 1/10/20 — Vic Law, Hassani Gravett and DaQuan Jeffries’ $898,310 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/15/20 — No-trade restrictions lift on Nikola Vucevic and Khem Birch.
- 6/29/20 — Player option deadline for Evan Fournier.
- 6/29/20 – Team option Melvin Frazier Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Wesley Iwundu, Vic Law, Hassani Gravett and DaQuan Jeffries.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Mohamed Bamba.
- Before first day of the 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Issac and Markelle Fultz.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz, Jonathan Isaac and Melvin Frazier Jr.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Chuma Okeke (16th) and Talen Horton-Tucker (46th).
- 6/20/19 — Traded the rights to Talen Horton-Tucker (46th) to the Los Angeles Lakers for a 2020 second-rounder and $2,226,778.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Khem Birch and Amile Jefferson.
- 6/25/19 — Exercised team option on Wes Iwundu.
- 6/29/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offers to Jerian Grant and Jarell Martin.
- 7/6/19 — Waived and stretched Timofey Mozgov.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Nikola Vucevic to a four-year $100 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Terrence Ross to a four-year $54 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/7/19– Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a three-year $29.1 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Michael Carter-Williams to a $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Khem Birch to a two-year $6 million contract.
- 7/12/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Amile Jefferson.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Josh Magette to a two-way contract.
- 7/30/19 — Re-signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed Vic Law to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed DaQuan Jeffries to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/13/19 — Signed Hassani Gravett to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Jarell Martin ($7,248,666)
- Early Bird: Troy Caupain (two-way)
- Non-Bird: Arron Afflalo** ($1,620,564), Marreese Speights** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Arena: Amway Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/14/19)