Orlando Magic Team Salary
Quick: $7.3 million in space
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $19.2-$50.1 million
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th, cap hold $2,033,500)
- Second-rounders: Stephen Zimmerman (41st), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
- Bird: Brandon Jennings, Andrew Nicholson (restricted), Evan Fournier (restricted)
- Early Bird: Dewayne Dedmon
- Non-Bird: Jason Smith
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Devyn Marble ($980,431)
Qualifying Offers: Andrew Nicholson ($3,394,726), Evan Fournier ($4,433,683), Dwayne Dedmon ($1,215,696)
PG: Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier, C.J. Watson
SG: Mario Hezonja
SF: Aaron Gordon, Devyn Marble
PF: Serge Ibaka
C: Nikola Vucevic
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Aaron Gordon ($5,504,420), Mario Hezonja ($4,078,320), Elfrid Payton ($3,332,340), Shabazz Napier ($2,361,360)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Victor Oladipo
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Andrew Nicholson, Evan Fournier and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Devyn Marble’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 2/18/17 — Channing Frye $8.2 million TPE expires.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Serge Ibaka’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline Devyn Marble.
- 7/10/17 — C.J. Watson’s $5.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Mario Hezonja.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mario Hezonja.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/12/16 — Scott Skiles stepped down.
- 5/19/16 — Hired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 6/23/16 — Traded Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Donatas Sabonis (11th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Serge Ibaka.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Jake Layman (47th) to Portland Trail Blazers for a 2019 second-rounder and cash (TBD).
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Frank Vogel (four-year deal signed before 2016/17 season, roughly $4-5 million per year)
Assistants (TBD): Adrian Griffin, Monte Mathis, Mario Ellie, Conner Henry, Laron Profit (player development), Jay Hernandez (player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Orlando Magic, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $100k from New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), $1,078,700 from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier), $934,614 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Joe Harris) — $1,286,686 remaining, TBD from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)