Orlando Magic Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$52.1 million
- Trade Exception (Channing Frye, expiring 2/18/17) — $8,193,029
Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed
Draft Picks: 11th (lottery TBD), 41st, 47th (from Chicago Bulls)
- Bird: Brandon Jennings, Andrew Nicholson (restricted), Evan Fournier (restricted)
- Early Bird: Dewayne Dedmon
- Non-Bird: Jason Smith
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Ersan Ilyasova ($8,400,000 — $400,000 guaranteed), Devyn Marble ($980,431)
Qualifying Offers: Andrew Nicholson ($3,394,726), Evan Fournier ($4,433,683), Dwayne Dedmon ($1,215,696)
PG: Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier, C.J. Watson
SG: Victor Oladipo
SF: Mario Hezonja, Devyn Marble
PF: Aaron Gordon, Ersan Ilyasova
C: Nikola Vucevic
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Aaron Gordon ($5,504,420), Mario Hezonja ($4,078,320), Elfrid Payton ($3,332,340), Shabazz Napier ($2,361,360)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: Victor Oladipo
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Andrew Nicholson, Evan Fournier and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/1/16 — Ersan Ilyasova’s $8.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Devyn Marble’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Victor Oladipo.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 2/18/17 — Channing Frye $8.2 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Victor Oladipo and Devyn Marble.
- 7/10/17 — C.J. Watson’s $5.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Mario Hezonja.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mario Hezonja.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Head Coach: Scott Skiles (four-year deal starting with the 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Monte Mathis, Mario Ellie, Conner Henry, Laron Profit (player development), Jay Hernandez (player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $100k from New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), $1,078,700 from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier), $934,614 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Joe Harris) — $1,286,686 remaining
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks
- Fran Vazquez — $2,033,500 (unsigned first-rounder, 11th)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/28/16)