- NBA Saturday: Will Kobe Bryant Return to Form?
- NBA PM: Thomas Discusses Decision to Join Suns
- NBA Salary Cap Update
- 18 Years of Pain for Tre Kelley and No Stopping Now
- Who Are the Best Teams in the East?
- Will Kyle Lowry Take the Next Step?
- NBA PM: Who Are the League’s Next Superstars?
- NBA Sunday: Which Free Agents Are Still Available?
- 2014-15 NBA Trade Kickers
- How Many National TV Games for Each NBA Team?
Orlando Magic Team Salary
Rookie Contract Extension Eligible: Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris
Rookie Contract Options Pending: Victor Oladipo, Moe Harkless, Andrew Nicholson, Evan Fournier
- Room: $2,732,000
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, Luke Ridnour
SG: Victor Oladipo, Evan Fournier, Ben Gordon, Willie Green
SF: Tobias Harris, Moe Harkless, Devyn Marble
PF: Channing Frye, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Nicholson
C: Nikola Vucevic, Kyle O’Quinn, Dewayne Dedmon
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 6/26/14 — Traded Arron Afflalo to the Denver Nuggets for Evan Fournier and the rights to Devyn Marble (2014-56th).
- 6/26/14 — Selected Aaron Gordon (4th) in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- 6/26/14 — Traded the rights to Dario Saric (2014-12th), a 2015 second-rounder and a 2016 first-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for the rights to Elfrid Payton (2014-10th).
- 7/30/14 — Claimed Willie Green off waivers.
- 7/2/14 — Signed Aaron Gordon to a four-year, $18.0 million rookie contract.
- 7/2/14 — Signed Elfrid Payton to a four-year, $10.8 million rookie contract.
- 7/11/14 — Signed Ben Gordon to a two-year, $9 million contract with Ben Gordon (second season team option).
- 7/14/14 — Traded the rights to Milovan Rakovic to the Chicago Bulls for Anthony Randolph, two second-round picks (2015 & 2016) and $1 million.
- 7/14/14 — Signed Channing Frye to a four-year, $32 million contract.
- 7/24/14 — Signed Devyn Marble to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $2.7 million contract.
- 7/25/14– Signed Luke Ridnour to a two-year, $5.5 million contract (second season non-guaranteed.
Waived Players: Jameer Nelson, Doron Lamb, Ronnie Price, Jason Maxiell, Anthony Randolph
- Early Bird: E’Twaun Moore
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Head Coach: Jacque Vaughn (contract through 2015/16 season)
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2015/16 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder (top-40 protected) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard).
- 2015 — Owed higher second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Anthony Randolph) or Portland Trail Blazers (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Randolph).
- 2015 — Owe second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers (Elfrid Payton).
- 2016 — Owed higher second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Anthony Randolph) or Portland Trail Blazers (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Randolph).
- 2017 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
Cash Paid ($3.3 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.3 million max): $1.0 million from Chicago (Anthony Randolph)
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/14)