Orlando Magic Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap, but can drop under for up to $4.5 million in cap space, depending om the non-guaranteed contracts of Dewayne Dedmon and Devyn Marble
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Mo Harkless, expiring 7/14/15) — $2,894,059
- Bird: Willie Green
First-Round Player Options: Aaron Gordon (third-year), Elfrid Payton (third-year), Victor Oladipo (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Evan Fournier, Andrew Nicholson
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Janis Timma.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Mario Hezonja with the fifth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Tyler Harvey with the 51st pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Tobias Harris.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kyle O’Quinn.
- 7/9/15 — Signed C.J. Watson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $15 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Kyle O’Quinn, via sign and trade, to New York Knicks for $100k and the right to swap second-rounders in 2019.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Mario Hezonja (2015-5th) to a $17.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Jason Smith to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- 7/14/15 – Re-signed Tobias Harris to a four-year, $64 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Traded Mo Harkless to Portland Trail Blazers for a protected (top-55) 2020 second-rounder.
Waived Players: Ben Gordon
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, C.J. Watson
SG: Victor Oladipo Evan Fournier
SF: Tobias Harris, Mario Hezonja,, Devyn Marble
PF: Dewayne Dedmon, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Nicholson
C: Nikola Vucevic, Channing Frye, Jason Smith
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Scott Skiles (four-year deal starting with the 2015/16 season, final year team option)
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2016 — Owed higher second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Anthony Randolph) or Portland Trail Blazers (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Randolph).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $100k from New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn)
Fran Vazquez — $1,898,300 (unsigned first-rounder, 11th)
Jeremy Richardson — $915,243 (Non-Bird)
Willie Green — $947,276 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/19/15)