Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $27.5 million.
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: D.J. Augustin, Jerian Grant, Isaiah Briscoe, Troy Caupain (two-way)
SG: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Melvin Frazier Jr.
SF: Wesley Iwundu, Jonathon Simmons
PF: Aaron Gordon, Jarell Martin, Amile Jefferson (two-way), Jonathan Isaac (injured)
C: Nikola Vucevic, Mohamed Bamba, Khem Birch, Timofey Mozgov
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Arron Afflalo ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Marreese Speights ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Isaiah Briscoe $838,464 ($500,000 guaranteed)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $6,752,536 (partially used on Isaiah Briscoe and Melvin Frazier Jr.)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Shelvin Mack, Gabe York, B.J. Johnson, John Petrucelli, Devin Davis, Braian Angola-Rodas
Traded Players: Rodney Purvis, Dakari Johnson
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Troy Caupain, Amile Jefferson
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer
Trainers: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Luke Storey (head strength and conditioning coach), Sameer Mehta (physical therapist), Nathan Spencer (performance and rehabilitation coach), Christian Espinoza (assistant athletic trainer), Chris Gerhard (applied sports scientist), Aki Tajima (Athletic trainer/Manual therapist)
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets or Washington Wizards (Justin Jackson), the lower of the Nuggets and Wizards’ picks, provided the Nuggets don’t send their selection to Milwaukee Bucks, if so, then Charlotte gets the Wizards’ pick.
- 2019 — Have right to swap second-rounders with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,978,242 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Dakari Johnson); $1,037,980 from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarell Martin) — $2,226,778 remaining
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Isaiah Briscoe.
- 1/5/19 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 1/10/19 — Isaiah Briscoe’s $838,464 guarantees for 2018-19
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Aaron Gordon.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jarell Martin, Khem Birch and Jerian Grant.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Wesley Iwundu.
- 7/1/19 — Jonathon Simmons’ $5.7 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 7/15/19 — Isaiah Briscoe’s salary guarantees at $250,000 for 2019-20.
- Before the first game of the 2020 season — Isaiah Briscoe’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jonathan Isaac and Mohamed Bamba.
- 1/10/20 — Isaiah Briscoe’s $1,416,852 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/29/20 — Player option deadline for Evan Fournier.
- 6/29/20 – Team option Melvin Frazier Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Isaiah Briscoe and Wesley Iwundu.
- 7/15/20 — Isaiah Briscoe’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Mohamed Bamba.
- Before first day of the 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Issac.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jonathan Isaac, Isaiah Briscoe and Melvin Frazier Jr.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 4/12/18 — Fired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 5/30/18 — Hired Coach Steve Clifford.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Mohamed Bamba (6th), Melvin Frazier (35th) and Jarred Vanderbilt (41st).
- 6/21/18 — Traded the rights to Jarred Vanderbilt (2018-41st) to Denver Nuggets for the rights to Justin Jackson (2018-43rd) and a 2019 second-rounder (from Washington Wizards or Nuggets).
- 6/22/18 — Issued a qualifying offer to Aaron Gordon.
- 6/29/18 — Khem Birch’s $1,378,242 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/2/18 — Signed Mohamed Bamba (2018-6th) to a $24,100,423 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Isaiah Briscoe to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Melvin Frazier (2018-35th) to a three-year $4,130,713 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Aaron Gordon to a four-year, $80 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/7/18 — Traded Bismack Biyombo to Charlotte Hornets for Timofey Mozgov and Jerian Grant (via Chicago Bulls).
- 7/10/18 — Signed Troy Caupain to a two-way contract.
- 7/13/18 — Signed Braian Angola-Rodas to a non-guaranteed $838,464 summer contract.
- 7/20/18 — Traded Rodney Purvis to Oklahoma City Thunder for Dakari Johnson and $1,978,242.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Dakari Johnson and the rights to Tyler Harvey (2015-51st) to Memphis Grizzlies for Jarell Martin and $1,037,980.
- 8/7/18 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 9/5/18 – -Signed B.J. Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/5/18 – -Signed Gabe York to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/27/18 — Picked up the team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 9/27/18 — Signed Devin Davis to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed John Petrucelli to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Amway Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/14/18)