Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): Up to $16.8 million, none if they keep Nikola Vucevic.
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed
PG: D.J. Augustin, Markelle Fultz
SG: Evan Fournier, Melvin Frazier Jr.
SF: Aaron Gordon
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Mohamed Bamba, Timofey Mozgov
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Nikola Vucevic ($19,125,000), Terrence Ross ($15,750,000), Jerian Grant (RFA*, $7,917,942), Jarell Martin (RFA*, $7,248,666)
- Early Bird: Khem Birch (RFA*, $1,803,638), Troy Caupain (two-way)
- Non-Bird: Michael Carter-Williams ($1,618,486), Wesley Iwundu (TO) Amile Jefferson (two-way), Arron Afflalo** ($1,618,486), Marreese Speights** ($1,618,486)
* If issued a qualifying offer.
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
2019 Draft Picks: 16th, 46th (from the Brooklyn Nets); Own 47th to the Sacramento Kings
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Chuma Okeke (2019-16th), Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Talen Horton-Tucker (2019-46th), Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer
Trainers: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Luke Storey (head strength and conditioning coach), Sameer Mehta (physical therapist), Nathan Spencer (performance and rehabilitation coach), Christian Espinoza (assistant athletic trainer), Chris Gerhard (applied sports scientist), Aki Tajima (Athletic trainer/Manual therapist)
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $1,978,242 from Oklahoma City Thunder (Dakari Johnson); $1,037,980 from Memphis Grizzlies (Jarell Martin) — $2,226,778 remaining
- 6/20/19 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jarell Martin, Khem Birch and Jerian Grant.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Wesley Iwundu.
- 7/1/19-7/5/19 –NBA moratorium.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jonathan Isaac and Mohamed Bamba.
- 6/29/20 — Player option deadline for Evan Fournier.
- 6/29/20 – Team option Melvin Frazier Jr.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Wesley Iwundu.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Mohamed Bamba.
- Before first day of the 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Issac and Markelle Fultz.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Markelle Fultz, Jonathan Isaac and Melvin Frazier Jr.
- Before first day of the 2021 season — Extension deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- Drafted Chuma Okeke (16th) and Talen Horton-Tucker (46th)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Amway Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/22/19)