Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($102 million cap): Up to $13.0 million
- Room Exception: $4,328,000
- Damjan Rudez $1,524,305
- Kalin Lucas $1,312,611
- Khem Birch $815,615 ($25,000 guaranteed)
- Troy Caupain $815,615
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, four non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, D.J. Augustin, Shelvin Mack, Troy Caupain, Kalin Lucas
SG: Evan Fournier, Jonathon Simmons, Arron Afflalo
SF: Terrence Ross, Mario Hezonja, Wesley Iwundu, Damjan Rudez
PF: Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac, Khem Birch
C: Bismack Biyombo, Nikola Vucevic, Marreese Speights
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Adreian Payne (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Damjan Rudez (implicit)
Head Coach: Frank Vogel (four-year deal signed before 2016-17 season, roughly $4-5 million per year)
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Corliss Williamson, David Adelman, Jay Hernandez (assistant/player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Brooklyn Nets (Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll), the lesser between the Magic and Lakers pick.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee, Ivan Rabb).
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
- 2020 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected and two years following Oklahoma City Thunder’s conveyance of a pick to Utah Jazz, otherwise converts to 2022 and 2023 second-rounders) from Thunder (Jerami Grant, Anzejs Pasecniks).
- 2020 — Owed the lower second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks, via trade with Philadelphia 76ers (Anzejs Pasecniks).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/17/17 — Extension deadlines for Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.
- 10/17/17 — Khem Birch’s salary guarantees at $407,808 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Mario Hezonja.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restrictions lift on Kalin Lucas, Damjan Rudez, Troy Caupain, Marreese Speights, Arron Afflalo, Khem Birch, Shelvin Mack and Jonathon Simmons.
- 1/10/18 — Damjan Rudez’s $1,524,305 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Kalin Lucas’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Troy Caupain and Khem Birch’s $815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/29/18 — Khem Birch’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kali Lucas and Troy Caupain.
- 6/29/18 (or four days after the NBA Draft, whichever is earlier) — Shelvin Mack’s $6.0 million guarantees for 2018-19.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- First day of 2018 season — Extension deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 10/31/18 — Team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 6/29/19 — Player option deadline for Bismack Biyombo.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Khem Birch and Mario Hezonja.
- 6/29/19 — Team option on Wesley Iwundu.
- 7/1/19 — Jonathon Simmons’ $5.7 million guarantees for 2019-20.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Jonathan Isaac.
- 6/29/20 — Player option deadline for Evan Fournier.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline for Wesley Iwundu.
- First day of the 2020 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Issac.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jonathan Isaac.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- Fired general manager Rob Hennigan, hired Jeff Weltman and John Hammond
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Jonathan Isaac (6th), Anzejs Pasecniks (25th) and Wesley Iwundu (33rd).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Ivan Rabb (35th) to Memphis Grizzlies for Brooklyn Nets’ 2019 second-rounder.
- 6/22/17 — Traded Anzejs Pasecniks (25th) to Philadelphia 76ers for a protected 2020 Oklahoma City Thunder first-rounder and a 2020 second-rounder from either the Brooklyn Nets or New York Knicks.
- 7/1/17 — Signed Jonathan Isaac (2017-6th) to a $22,324,406 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/1/17 — Removed Fran Vazquez from the 2017-18 salary cap.
- 7/8/17 — Renounced the rights to Jeff Green and Jodie Meeks.
- 7/8/17 — Signed Shelvin Mack to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $12.0 million contract.
- 7/12/17 — Renounced the rights to Damjan Rudez.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Jonathon Simmons to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $18.0 million contract.
- 7/25/17 — Signed Wesley Iwundu (2017-33rd) to a three-year, $,4046,762 contract, team option on final season.
- 7/27/17 –Signed Arron Afflalo to a one-year, $2,328,652 contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Khem Birch to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/27/17 — Signed Marreese Speights to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 8/16/17 — Signed Troy Caupain to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 8/21/17 — Signed Adreian Payne to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 8/31/17 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,312,611 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 9/8/17 — Signed Damjan Rudez to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,524,305 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
Waived Players: Stephen Zimmerman, C.J. Watson (stretched), Patricio Garino, Marcus Georges-Hunt
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Arena: Amway Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/18/17)