Orlando Magic Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($103 million cap): $29.7 million
Note: Projection will change as official rules of new CBA become available.
- Room Exception: $2,898,000
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, two non-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Damjan Rudez ($980,431), Arinze Onuaku ($980,431)
PG: D.J. Augustin, Elfrid Payton, C.J. Watson
SG: Evan Fournier, C.J. Wilcox, Jodie Meeks (injured)
SF: Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Damjan Rudez
PF: Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green, Arinze Onuaku
C: Bismack Biyombo, Nikola Vucevic, Stephen Zimmerman
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Eligible for Restructuring: Serge Ibaka
- 1/10/17 – Damjan Rudez and Arinze Onuaku’s $980,431 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Evan Fournier.
- 2/28/17 — Deadline to restructure Serge Ibaka’s contract.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Damjan Rudez and Arinze Onuaku.
- Last day of moratorium — Stephen Zimmerman’s $992,750 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 7/10/17 — C.J. Watson’s $5.0 million guarantees for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Mario Hezonja.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Gordon and Elfrid Payton.
- 7/1/18 — Stephen Zimmerman’s $1,050,262 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 6/29/16 — Estimated option deadline for Bismack Biyombo.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 6/29/20 — Estimates option deadline for Evan Fournier.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 5/12/16 — Scott Skiles stepped down.
- 5/19/16 — Hired Coach Frank Vogel.
- 6/23/16 — Traded Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Donatas Sabonis (11th) to Oklahoma City Thunder for Serge Ibaka.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Jake Layman (47th) to Portland Trail Blazers for a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million.
- 6/29/16 — Traded a 2019 second-rounder to Detroit Pistons for Jodie Meeks.
- 6/29/16 — Issued qualifying offers to Evan Fournier and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/4/16 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/7/16 — Renounced the rights to Brandon Jennings, Andrew Nicholson, Dewayne Dedmon and Jason Smith.
- 7/7/16 — Removed Fran Vazquez salary cap. Vazquez will not join the NBA for the 2016/17 season.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Shabazz Napier to Portland Trail Blazers for $75,000.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Jeff Green to a one-year, $15 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Bismack Biyombo to a four-year, $72 million contract, player option on final seasons, with $1 million in unlikely incentives per year.
- 7/7/16 — Signed D.J. Augustin to a four-year, $29 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Stephen Zimmerman (2016-41st) signed a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3 million contract.
- 7/7/16 — Signed Evan Fournier to a five-year, $85 million contract, player option in final season.
- 7/15/16 — Traded Devyn Marble and a Cleveland Cavaliers’ 2020 second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers for C.J. Wilcox and $230,000.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Damjam Rudez to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Arinze Onuaku to a one-year, non-guaranteed $980,431 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Branden Dawson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Cliff Alexander to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Nick Johnson to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 9/8/16 — Signed Kevin Murphy to a one-year, non-guaranteed $874,636 summer contract.
- 10/21/16 — Signed Ramon Galloway to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 10/25/16 — Picked up team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja and Elfrid Payton.
- 10/31/16 — Declined team option on C.J. Wilcox.
Waived Players: Cliff Alexander, Kevin Murphy, Branden Dawson, Ramon Galloway, Nick Johnson
Traded Players: Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova, Shabazz Napier
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Head Coach: Frank Vogel (four-year deal signed before 2016-17 season, roughly $4-5 million per year)
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Corliss Williamson, David Adelman, Jay Hernandez (assistant/player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — general manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — vice president and assistant general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman).
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), most favorable of Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets.
- 2019 — Owe lowest second-rounder to Detroit Pistons (Jodie Meeks).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $75,000 from Portland Trail Blazers (Shabazz Napier); $230,000 from Los Angeles Clippers (C.J. Wilcox)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks (Bill Peterson coach)
Note: Cap holds will likely adjust upwards in new CBA.
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/17/16)