Orlando Magic Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap, but can drop under for up to $2.4 million in cap space.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $8.9-$24.2 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Mo Harkless, expiring 7/14/15) — $1,599,619 (partially used on Shabazz Napier)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, six non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, C.J. Watson, Shabazz Napier, Keith Appling
SG: Victor Oladipo Evan Fournier, Jordan Sibert
SF: Tobias Harris, Mario Hezonja, Devyn Marble
PF: Dewayne Dedmon, Aaron Gordon, Andrew Nicholson, Melvin Ejim
C: Nikola Vucevic, Channing Frye, Jason Smith, Greg Stiemsma, Nnanna Egwu
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Aaron Gordon (third-year), Elfrid Payton (third-year), Shabazz Napier (third-year), Victor Oladipo (fourth-year)
First-Round Extension Eligible: Evan Fournier, Andrew Nicholson
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 10/31/15 — Devyn Marble’s $845k guarantees for 15/16.
- 11/2/15 — Team option for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Shabazz Napier and Victor Oladipo.
- 11/2/15 — Extension deadline for Evan Fournier and Andrew Nicholson.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Jason Smith, Melvin Ejim, Keith Appling and C.J. Watson.
- 12/24/15 — The no-trade restrictions lift on Greg Stiemsma, Jordan Sibert and Nnanna Egwu.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Greg Stiemsma’s $1.1 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Keith Appling, Jordan Sibert, Nnanna Egwu and Melvin Ejim’s $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Tobias Harris.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Devyn Marble’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 11/1/16 — Melvin Ejim’s $875k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/10/17 — C.J. Watson’s $5.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Janis Timma.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Mario Hezonja with the fifth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Tyler Harvey with the 51st pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Tobias Harris.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kyle O’Quinn.
- 7/9/15 — Signed C.J. Watson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $15 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Kyle O’Quinn, via sign and trade, to New York Knicks for $100k and the right to swap second-rounders in 2019.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Mario Hezonja (2015-5th) to a $17.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Jason Smith to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- 7/14/15 – Re-signed Tobias Harris to a four-year, $64 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Traded Mo Harkless to Portland Trail Blazers for a protected (top-55) 2020 second-rounder.
- 7/27/15 — Traded a protected 2016 second-rounder (top-55) to Miami HEAT for Shabazz Napier and $1.1 million in cash.
- 8/4/15 — Signed Melvin Ejim to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($150k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/5/15 — Signed Keith Appling to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Greg Stiemsma to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Nnannna Egwu to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Jordan Sibert to a partially-guaranteed ($100k) $525k minimum contract.
Waived Players: Ben Gordon
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Head Coach: Scott Skiles (four-year deal starting with the 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Monte Mathis, Mario Ellie, Conner Henry, Laron Profit (player development), Jay Hernandez (player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2016 — Owed higher second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Anthony Randolph) or Portland Trail Blazers (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Randolph).
- 2016 — Owed second-round (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $100k from New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), $1,078,700 from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier) — $2,221,300 remaining
- Bird: Willie Green
- Non-Bird: Jeremy Richardson *
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks
- Fran Vazquez — $1,898,300 (unsigned first-rounder, 11th)
- Jeremy Richardson — $947,276 (Non-Bird)
- Willie Green — $947,276 (Bird)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)