Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Markelle Fultz, Cole Anthony, Michael Carter-Williams, Jordan Bone (two-way), Karim Mane (two-way)
SG: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross
SF: James Ennis, Dwayne Bacon, Al-Farouq Aminu (injured)
PF: Aaron Gordon, Gary Clark, Chuma Okeke, Jonathan Isaac (injured)
C: Nikola Vucevic, Khem Birch, Mohamed Bamba
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Disabled Player Exception (Jonathan Isaac, expiring 4/19/21) — $3,681,283
- Mid-Level Exception — $3,958,000 (James Ennis, Gary Clark)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Waived Players: Robert Franks, Devin Cannady, Jon Teske, Jeff Dowtin
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Jordan Bone, Karim Mane
Governor: Dan DeVos
- Alex Martins — chief executive officer
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Pete D’Alessandro — assistant general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Becky Bonner — director of player development and basketball operations
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer, Dylan Murphy, Lionel Chalmers
Trainer: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Nathan Spencer (head strength and conditioning coach
- 2022 — Owed an Indiana Pacers second-rounder (Jordan Nwora) a year after the Pacers send a second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (2022, 2023 or 2024).
- 2026 — Owed a Milwaukee Bucks 2020 second-rounder (Jordan Nwora).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 2/6/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Jordan Bone, James Ennis and Gary Clark.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 3/3/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Michael Carter-Williams.
- 3/7/21 — All two-way contracts guarantee for 2020-21.
- 3/25/21 — Trade deadline.
- 4/19/21 — Jonathan Isaac disabled player exception expires.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/2021 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/2021 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- 8/9/2021 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,824,003 guarantees for 2021-22 (three days following the last day of the moratorium).
- 8/13/2021 — Gary Clark’s $2.1 million guarantees for 2021-22 (seven days following the last day of the moratorium).
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Chuma Okeke and Cole Anthony.
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mohamed Bamba.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Chuma Okeke and Cole Anthony.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Chuma Okeke and Cole Anthony.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Chuma Okeke and Cole Anthony.
- TBD — Markelle Fultz guarantee details for 2023-24.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than 2/24/21.
- 11/16/20 — Evan Fournier opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/16/20 — Signed Chuma Okeke (2019-16th) to a $15,098,193 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/18/20 — Traded a 2020 second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks for a 2026 second-rounder and a protected Indiana Pacers 2022 second-rounder for 2020-45th (Jordan Nwora).
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Cole Anthony (2020-15th).
- 11/19/20 — Issued a qualifying offer to Gary Clark.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to BJ Johnson, Vic Law, Melvin Frazier Jr and Wesley Iwundu.
- 11/19/20 — James Ennis opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Opted Melvin Frazier Jr out of the final year of his contract.
- 11/21/20 — Signed Cole Anthony (2020-15th) to a $15,887,971 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed James Ennis to a $3.3 million contract.
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Michael Carter-Williams to a two-year $6.6 million contract.
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Gary Clark to a partially-guaranteed two-year $4.1 million contract.
- 11/24/20 — Signed Dwayne Bacon to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,502,887 minimum contract.
- 11/27/20 — Signed Jordan Bone to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/27/20 — Signed Karim Mane to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/27/20 — Signed Robert Franks to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/27/20 — Signed Devin Cannady to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/27/20 — Signed Jon Teske to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/16/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Mo Bamba.
- 12/19/20 — Signed Jeff Dowtin to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Robert Franks, Devin Cannady, Jon Teske and Jeff Dowtin.
- 12/21/20 — Re-signed Markelle Fultz to a partially-guaranteed three-year $53 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 12/21/20 — Re-signed Jonathan Isaac to a four-year 480 million contract (incentives TBD).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: James Ennis (One-Year Bird)
- Markelle Fultz — $15,572,174 (expiring 8/2/21)
- Jonathan Isaac — $15,392,513 (expiring 8/2/21)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: None
- Early Bird: None
- Non-Bird: Arron Afflalo*** ($1,620,564), Marreese Speights*** ($1,620,564), Vic Law ($1,445,697)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but no later than 2/24/21.
Arena: Amway Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 1/5/21)