|Chris Copeland (waived)||$1,150,000|
|Jared Cunningham (waived)||$947,276|
|Joe Harris (waived)||$845,059|
|Melvin Ejim (waived)||$150,000|
|Keith Appling (waived)||$100,000|
|Jordan Sibert (waived)||$100,000|
|Keith Appling (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
Quick: Spent over the cap
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $16.4-$50.1 million
- Room: $2,814,000
- Trade Exception (Channing Frye, expiring 2/18/17) — $8,193,029
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed
PG: Elfrid Payton, Brandon Jennings, Shabazz Napier, C.J. Watson
SG: Victor Oladipo, Evan Fournier
SF: Mario Hezonja, Devyn Marble
PF: Aaron Gordon, Ersan Ilyasova, Andrew Nicholson
C: Nikola Vucevic, Jason Smith, Dewayne Dedmon
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Andrew Nicholson, Evan Fournier and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 7/1/16 — Ersan Ilyasova’s $8.4 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/15/16 — Devyn Marble’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Extension deadline for Victor Oladipo.
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 2/18/17 — Channing Frye $8.2 million TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Victor Oladipo and Devyn Marble.
- 7/10/17 — C.J. Watson’s $5.0 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Mario Hezonja.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton and Shabazz Napier.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Mario Hezonja.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mario Hezonja.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Memphis Grizzlies for the rights to Janis Timma.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Mario Hezonja with the fifth pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Tyler Harvey with the 51st pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Tobias Harris.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kyle O’Quinn.
- 7/9/15 — Signed C.J. Watson to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $15 million contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Kyle O’Quinn, via sign and trade, to New York Knicks for $100k and the right to swap second-rounders in 2019.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Mario Hezonja (2015-5th) to a $17.5 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Jason Smith to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
- 7/14/15 – Re-signed Tobias Harris to a four-year, $64 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Traded Mo Harkless to Portland Trail Blazers for a protected (top-55) 2020 second-rounder.
- 7/27/15 — Traded a protected 2016 second-rounder (top-55) to Miami HEAT for Shabazz Napier and $1.1 million in cash.
- 8/4/15 — Signed Melvin Ejim to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($150k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 8/5/15 — Signed Keith Appling to a two-year, partially-guaranteed ($100k) $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Greg Stiemsma to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Nnanna Egwu to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/24/15 — Signed Jordan Sibert to a partially-guaranteed ($100k) $525k minimum contract.
- 10/25/15 — Exercised options on Aaron Gordon (third-year), Elfrid Payton (third-year), Shabazz Napier (third-year) and Victor Oladipo (fourth-year)
- 10/31/15 — Devyn Marble’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/12/16 — Traded Portland Trail Blazers’ 2020 protected second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers for Joe Harris, Sacramento Kings’ 2017 protected second-rounder and $934,614.
- 1/18/16 — Signed Keith Appling to a 10-day, $30.9k contract.
- 1/29/16 — Signed Keith Appling to a second 10-day, $30.9k contract.
- 2/16/26 — Renounced the rights to Willie Green and Jeremy Richardson.
- 2/16/16 — Traded Tobias Harris to Detroit Pistons for Brandon Jennings and Ersan Ilyasova.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Channing Frye to Cleveland Cavaliers for Jared Cunningham and a 2020 second-rounder.
- 2/24/16 — Claimed Chris Copeland off waivers from Milwaukee Bucks.
- 6/23/16 — Traded the rights to Jake Layman (47th) to Portland Trail Blazers for a 2019 second-rounder and $1.2 million.
Waived Players: Ben Gordon, Jordan Sibert, Keith Appling (waived & expired 10-days), Melvin Ejim, Greg Stiemsma, Nnanna Egwu, Joe Harris, Jared Cunningham, Chris Copeland
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Tyler Harvey (2015-51st), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Head Coach: Scott Skiles (four-year deal starting with the 2015/16 season, final year team option)
Assistants: Adrian Griffin, Monte Mathis, Mario Ellie, Conner Henry, Laron Profit (player development), Jay Hernandez (player development)
Trainer: Keon Weise
- Rob Hennigan — General Manager (contract through 2017/18 season)
- Scott Perry — Vice President and Assistant General Manager
- Matt Lloyd — Assistant General Manager
- Michael Arcieri — Director of Basketball Administration
- George Rodman — Basketball Operations Manager
- Harold Ellis- – Head of Pro Scouting
- Brian Wright — Director of College Scouting
- 2016 — Owed higher second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Anthony Randolph) or Portland Trail Blazers (Allen Crabbe, Luol Deng, Randolph).
- 2016 — Owed second-round (top-55 protected) to Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Sacramento Kings (Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans, Joe Harris).
- 2018 — Owed first-rounder (top-five protected, unprotected in 2019) from Los Angeles Lakers (Dwight Howard). If Lakers don’t send first-rounder to Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash) by 2017, converts to second-rounders in 2017 and 2018.
- 2019 — Have right to swap picks with New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Cleveland Cavaliers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $100k from New York Knicks (Kyle O’Quinn), $1,078,700 from Miami HEAT (Shabazz Napier), $934,614 from Cleveland Cavaliers (Joe Harris); $1.2 million from Portland Trail Blazers (Jake Layman)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Gilbert Arenas.
D-League Affiliate: Erie Bayhawks
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/19/16)
- Lakers coach Darvin Ham suggests that NBA should increase prize money for In-Season Tournament champs
- Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman is dropping his own signature wine
- FSG reveals investment plan with LeBron James for potential Las Vegas NBA expansion
- Former Warriors GM Bob Myers regrets not signing Tyrese Haliburton in 2020 NBA Draft
- WATCH: Lakers bench in awe after LeBron James drops in three-consecutive threes vs. Pelicans