Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 5, No. 8 the Chicago Bulls (Nikola Vucevic), No. 33
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed
PG: Markelle Fultz, Michael Carter-Williams
SG: Cole Anthony, Terrence Ross, Gary Harris, RJ Hampton
SF: Chuma Okeke, Dwayne Bacon
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Wendell Carter Jr, Mohamed Bamba
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Evan Fournier, expiring 2/11/22) — $17,150,000
- Trade Exception (Al-Farouq Aminu, expiring 2/11/22) — $4,272,060
- Trade Exception (Gary Clark, expiring 2/11/22) — $2,000,000
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Dwayne Bacon $1,824,003 — 8/8/21
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Otto Porter Jr ($33,724,200), James Ennis ($6,270,000)
- Non-Bird: Chasson Randle (RFA, two-way, $1,789,256), Ignas Brazdeikis (RFA, $1,669,178), Moritz Wagner ($1,669,178), Arron Afflalo*** ($1,669,178), Marreese Speights*** ($1,669,178), Vic Law*** (RFA, two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Ignas Brazdeikis $1,869,178
- Chasson Randle $1,789,256 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Sindarius Thornwell (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Mo Bamba
- Wendell Carter Jr
- Cole Anthony (third-year)
- Chuma Okeke (third-year)
- RJ Hampton (third-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Dan DeVos
- Alex Martins — chief executive officer
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Pete D’Alessandro — assistant general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Becky Bonner — director of player development and basketball operations
Head Coach: None
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer, Dylan Murphy, Lionel Chalmers
Trainer: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Nathan Spencer (head strength and conditioning coach
- 2022 — Owed an Indiana Pacers second-rounder (Jordan Nwora) a year after the Pacers send a second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (2022, 2023 or 2024).
- 2023 — Owed a first-rounder (two years after the 2021 obligation to the Orland Magic, top-4 protected in 2023, top-3 in 2024, otherwise converts to 2026 and 2027 second-rounders) from the Chicago Bulls (Nikola Vucevic).
- 2025 — Owed a first-rounder (two years after the Denver Nuggets’ obligation to the Oklahoma City Thunder, top-5 protected through 2027, otherwise does not convey) from the Nuggets (Aaron Gordon).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder (the lower of the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics) from the Celtics (Evan Fournier).
- 2026 — Owed a Milwaukee Bucks 2020 second-rounder (Jordan Nwora).
- 2027 — Owed a second-rounder from the Boston Celtics (Evan Fournier).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Ignas Brazdeikis and Sindarius Thornwell.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 8/8/21 — Dwayne Bacon’s $1,824,003 guarantees for 2021-22 (three days following the last day of the moratorium).
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Chuma Okeke, RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.
- Before the first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Mohamed Bamba and Wendell Carter Jr.
- 2/11/22 — Evan Fournier, Al-Farouq Aminu and Gary Clark trade exceptions expire.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Mohamed Bamba and Wendell Carter Jr.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on Chuma Okeke, RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.
- 6/30/23 — Markelle Fultz’s $17 million guarantees for 2023-24.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for Chuma Okeke, RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Chuma Okeke, RJ Hampton and Cole Anthony.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/5/21 — Parted ways with Coach Steve Clifford.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 5 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Markelle Fultz — $15,572,174 (expiring 8/2/21)
- Jonathan Isaac — $15,392,513 (expiring 8/2/21)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Amway Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)