|Amile Jefferson (waived)||$1,529,007|
|Melvin Frazier Jr.||$1,416,852|
|CJ Watson (stretched)||$333,333|
|Gary Clark (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Gary Clark (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|Josh Magette (expired 10-day)||$81,678|
|BJ Johnson (two-way)|
|Vic Law (two-way)|
Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20. Hard capped by the Al-Farouq Aminu signing.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Markelle Fultz, Michael Carter-Williams, D.J. Augustin (injured)
SG: Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross, Melvin Frazier Jr., BJ Johnson (two-way)
SF: Wes Iwundu, James Ennis, Vic Law
PF: Aaron Gordon, Khem Birch, Gary Clark, Al-Farouq Aminu (injured), Jonathan Isaac (injured)
C: Nikola Vucevic, Mohamed Bamba
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Al-Farouq Aminu)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
Exceptions would be renounced if the team goes under the cap.
Waived Players: Timofey Mozgov (stretched), Hassani Gravett, Jon Davis, Isaac Humphries, DaQuan Jeffries (claimed by the Sacramento Kings), BJ Johnson, Vic Law, Amile Jefferson
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Josh Magette, Gary Clark (two)
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Lakeland Magic (Anthony Parker general manager, Stan Heath coach)
Two-Way Contracts: BJ Johnson, Vic Law
Head Coach: Steve Clifford
Assistants: Mike Batiste, Tyrone Corbin, Pat Delany, Steve Hetzel, Bruce Kreutzer
Trainers: Ernest Eugene (head athletic trainer), Luke Storey (head strength and conditioning coach), Sameer Mehta (physical therapist), Nathan Spencer (performance and rehabilitation coach), Christian Espinoza (assistant athletic trainer), Chris Gerhard (applied sports scientist), Aki Tajima (Athletic trainer/Manual therapist)
- Jeff Weltman — president of basketball operations
- John Hammond — general manager
- Matt Lloyd — assistant general manager
- Michael Arcieri — director of basketball administration
- George Rodman — basketball operations manager
- Harold Ellis- – head of pro scouting
- Brian Wright — director of college scouting
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Chuma Okeke (16th) and Talen Horton-Tucker (46th).
- 6/20/19 — Traded the rights to Talen Horton-Tucker (46th) to the Los Angeles Lakers for a 2020 second-rounder and $2,226,778.
- 6/25/19 — Extended qualifying offers to Khem Birch and Amile Jefferson.
- 6/25/19 — Exercised team option on Wes Iwundu.
- 6/29/19 — Declined to extend qualifying offers to Jerian Grant and Jarell Martin.
- 7/6/19 — Waived and stretched Timofey Mozgov.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Nikola Vucevic to a four-year $100 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Re-signed Terrence Ross to a four-year $54 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/7/19– Signed Al-Farouq Aminu to a three-year $29.1 million contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Michael Carter-Williams to a $2,028,594 minimum contract.
- 7/10/19 — Re-signed Khem Birch to a two-year $6 million contract.
- 7/12/19 — Revoked the qualifying offer to Amile Jefferson.
- 7/23/19 — Signed Josh Magette to a two-way contract.
- 7/30/19 — Re-signed Amile Jefferson to a two-way contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed Vic Law to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 7/30/19 — Signed DaQuan Jeffries to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 8/13/19 — Signed Hassani Gravett to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/19 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale options on Markelle Fultz and Jonathan Isaac.
- 9/17/19 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Mo Bamba.
- 9/23/19 — Signed Isaac Humphries to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 9/26/19 — Signed BJ Johnson to a non-guaranteed $1,445,697 minimum summer contract.
- 10/6/19 — Waived Hassani Gravett.
- 10/7/19 — Signed Jon Davis to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/19 — Waived Jon Davis, Isaac Humphries, DaQuan Jeffries, BJ Johnson and Vic Law.
- 11/1/19 — Signed Amile Jefferson to a two-year non-guaranteed $3,291,803 minimum contract, ending his two-way.
- 11/4/19 — Signed BJ Johnson to a two-way contract.
- 11/27/19 — Timofey Mozgov’s remaining $16,720,000 removed from the Magic’s cap sheet (injury retirement).
- 1/10/20 — Amile Jefferson’s $1,529,007 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 1/11/20 — Signed Josh Magette to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 1/11/20 — Signed Vic Law to a two-way contract.
- 1/14/20 — Ended Josh Magette’s 10-day.
- 1/14/20 — Signed Gary Clark to a 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 1/23/20 — Gary Clark’s 10-day contract expired.
- 2/1/20 — Signed Gary Clark to a second 10-day $81,678 contract.
- 2/6/20 — Waived Amile Jefferson.
- 2/6/20 — Traded a Los Angeles Lakers 2020 second-rounder to the Philadelphia 76ers for James Ennis.
- 2/8/20 — Signed Gary Clark for the rest of his season for $555,409, ending his 10-day.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: Arron Afflalo** ($1,620,564), Marreese Speights** ($1,620,564)
** Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: Chuma Okeke (2019-16th), Fran Vazquez (2005-11th)
- Second-rounders: Justin Jackson (2018-43rd), Janis Timma (2013-60th), Ramon Van De Hare (2003-52nd), Rashard Griffith (1995, 38th)
Arena: Amway Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/30/20)
- Lakers star LeBron James reportedly training ‘like a rookie’ for his 21st NBA campaign
- New Bucks star Damian Lillard sends sincere message to Portland fans: ‘I consider you my home’
- Coach J.B. Bickerstaff expects to transform the Cavaliers into a more ‘dynamic’ roster this season
- Hornets sign guard Edmond Sumner to a one-year deal
- Hornets re-sign guard Theo Maledon to a two-way contract