San Antonio Spurs Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap and over the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$14.8 million
- Room: $0 (Manu Ginobili)
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, seven non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Tony Parker, Patty Mills, Ray McCallum, Keifer Sykes
SG: Danny Green, Manu Ginobili, Jimmer Fredette
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Reggie Williams, Jonathon Simmons, Rasual Butler, Deshaun Thomas
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, David West, Kyle Anderson, Matt Bonner
C: Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw, Boban Marjanovic, Youssou Ndoye
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
First-Round Player Options: Kyle Anderson (third-year)
- 10/24/15 — Final day to waive non-guaranteed contracts, without incurring pro-rated cap hit.
- 10/26/15 — Opening night rosters due.
- 10/28/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Deshaun Thomas.
- 11/2/15 — Team option for Kyle Anderson.
- 12/15/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on LaMarcus Aldridge, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, David West, Matt Bonner, Jimmer Fredette, Boban Marjanovic and Jonathon Simmons.
- 12/28/15 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Youssou Ndoye, Keifer Sykes and Rasual Butler.
- 1/5/16 — 10-day contracts may be signed.
- 1/10/16 — Rasual Butler and Matt Bonner’s $1.5 million guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Reggie Williams’ $1.2 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Jimmer Fredette’s $1.0 million guarantees for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Youssou Ndoye, Deshaun Thomas and Keifer Sykes’ $525k guarantee for 15/16.
- 1/15/16 — The no-trade restriction lifts on Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green.
- 2/18/16 — NBA trade deadline.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Boris Diaw’s $7.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/1/16-7/11/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/12/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/30/16 — Jonathon Simmons’ $875k guarantee for 16/17.
- 1/10/17 — Ronald Roberts’ $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 7/15/17 — Boris Diaw’s $7.5 million guarantees for 17/18.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Milutinov with the 26th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Cady Lalanne with the 55th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kawhi Leonard.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Cory Joseph.
- 7/5/15 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Cory Joseph.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner, Aron Baynes, Marco Belinelli, Jeff Ayres, Robert Horry, Glenn Robinson, Nick Van Exel, Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudamire and Jacque Vaughn.
- 7/9/15 — Removed cap holds for Livio Jean-Charles and Nikola Milutinov. Neither can sign until July 2016.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Tiago Splitter to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th) and a protected 2017 second-rounder (top-55).
- 7/9/15 — Signed Tim Duncan to a two-year, $10.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder to Sacramento Kings for Ray McCallum.
- 7/9/15 — Signed LaMarcus Aldridge to a four-year, $84.1 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Danny Green to a four-year, $40 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Matt Bonner to a one-year, partially-guaranteed ($750k) $1.5 million contract.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Kawhi Leonard to a five-year, $94.3 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed David West to a two-year, $3.1 million contract, player option on the second season.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Manu Ginobili to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/22/15 – Signed Jonathon Simmons to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Jimmer Fredette to a partially-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Deshaun Thomas (2013-58th) to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Youssou Ndoye to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Keifer Sykes to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Rasual Butler to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
No-Trade: Tim Duncan, Matt Bonner, Manu Ginobili
Waived Players: None
Unsigned Second-Round Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th), Livio Jean-Charles (2013-28th)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Marcus Denmon (2012-59th), Davis Bertans (2011-42nd), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Ryan Richards (2010-49th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Jim Boylen, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Chad Forcier, Ettore Messina, Becky Hammon
Trainer: Will Sevening
- R.C. Buford — President of Sports Franchises and General Manager
- Gregg Popovich — Head Coach and President of Spurs Basketball
- Sean Marks — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Charlotte Bobcats (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ray McCallum).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Tiago Splitter).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15%
- Kawhi Leonard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Unused with no remaining eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/2/15)