Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
PG: Dejounte Murray, Patty Mills, Derrick White
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Marco Belinelli, Bryn Forbes
SF: Rudy Gay, Manu Ginobili, Lonnie Walker, Dante Cunningham
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Davis Bertans
C: Pau Gasol, Jakob Poeltl
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Joffrey Lauvergne ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- David Lee* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Matt Costello (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Darrun Hilliard (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,465,920)
- Second-rounders: Chimezie Metu (2018-49th), Jaron Blossomgame (2017-59th), Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $154 (Marco Belinelli, Dante Cunningham)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,382,000
Waived Players: Brandon Paul
Traded Players: Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rudy Gay (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Andy Birdsong, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant trainer), Anthony Falsone (Athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Monty Williams — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise it converts to two TBD second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Kawhi Leonard).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 8/10/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Lonnie Walker.
- 9/19/18 — No-package restriction lifts on DeMar DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Rudy Gay and Marco Belinelli.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Davis Bertans.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jakob Poeltl, Derrick White and Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/29/20 — LaMarcus Aldridge’s $24.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Lonnie Walker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/18/18 — Rudy Gay opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Lonnie Walker (18th) and Chimezie Metu (49th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans, Darrun Hilliard and Bryn Forbes.
- 6/26/18 — Danny Green opted into the final year of his contract
- 6/30/18 — Joffrey Lauvergne opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Rudy Gay to a one-year $10,087,200 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Davis Bertans to a two-year $14.5 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/11/18 — Signed Lonnie Walker (2018-18th) to a $12,457,536 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/18/18 — Traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto Raptors for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-rounder.
- 7/19/18 — Signed Dante Cunningham to a one-year $2,487,000 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Marco Belinelli to a two-year $12 million contract.
- 7/20/18 — Re-signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year $6 million contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: AT&T Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/7/18)