San Antonio Spurs Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap
NBA Salary Cap: $94,143,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $113,287,000
Projected Cap Space for 2017-18 ($102 million cap): Up to $26.1 million
- Room Exception: $0 (Dewayne Dedmon)
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, five non/partially-guaranteed
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Bryn Forbes ($543,471 — $125,000), Ryan Arcidiacono ($543,471 — $75,000), Patricio Garino ($543,471 — $100,000), Nicolas Laprovittola ($543,471), Joel Anthony ($1,410,598)
PG: Tony Parker, Patty Mills, Ryan Arcidiacono, Nicolas Laprovittola
SG: Danny Green, Manu Ginobili, Dejounte Murray, Bryn Forbes
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Jonathon Simmons, Livio Jean-Charles, Davis Bertans, Patricio Garino
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, David Lee, Kyle Anderson
C: Pau Gasol, Dewayne Dedmon, Joel Anthony
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kyle Anderson ($2,151,704)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kyle Anderson.
- 12/15/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Pau Gasol, Bryn Forbes, Patricio Garino, David Lee, Ryan Arcidiacono and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 12/26/16 — No-trade restrictions lift on Joel Anthony and Nicolas Laprovittola.
- 1/10/17 — Joel Anthony’s $1,410,598 guarantees for 2016-17.
- 1/10/17 — Patricio Garino, Ryan Arcidiacono, Nicolas Laprovittola and Bryn Forbes’ $543,471 guarantee for 2016-17.
- 1/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Manu Ginobili.
- 6/29/17 — Estimated player options on Pau Gasol, David Lee and Dewayne Dedmon.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on Nicolas Laprovittola and Jonathon Simmons.
- 8/1/17 — Ryan Arcidiacono and Bryn Forbes’ salaries guarantee at $100,000 for 2017-18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 10/31/17 — Team options on Dejounte Murray and Livio-Jean Charles.
- 1/10/18 — Patricio Garino, Ryan Arcidiacono and Bryn Forbes’ $905,249 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 6/27/18 — Player options on LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans, Patricio Garino, Bryn Forbes and Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dejounte Murray and Livio-Jean Charles.
- 6/26/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
- 10/31/19 — Extension deadlines on Dejounte Murray and Livio-Jean Charles.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Dejounte Murray and Livio-Jean Charles.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Manu Ginobili and David West opted out of the final years of their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dejounte Murray (29th)
- 6/27/16 — Issued qualifying offer to Boban Marjanovic.
- 6/29/16 — Tim Duncan opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/30/16 — Boris Diaw’s $7.0 million guaranteed for 2016/17.
- 7/7/16 — Traded Boris Diaw and a 2022 second-rounder to Utah Jazz for the rights to Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st).
- 7/13/16 — Removed the cap hold of Nikola Milutinov. He will not play in the NBA for the 2016/17 season.
- 7/14/16 — Renounced the rights to Kevin Martin, Matt Bonner and Andre Miller.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Pau Gasol to a two-year, $31.7 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Dewayne Dedmon to a two-year, $5.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Dejounte Murray (2016-29th) to a $6 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Davis Bertans (2011-42nd) to a two-year, $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/14/16 — Signed Ryan Arcidiacono to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract
- 7/14/16 — Signed Manu Ginobili to a one-year $14 million contract.
- 7/22/16 — Signed Livio Jean-Charles (2013-28th) to a $6.1 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/29/16 — Signed Patricio Garino to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 7/30/16 — Jonathon Simmons’ $874,636 guaranteed for 2016-17.
- 8/2/16 — Signed David Lee to a two-year, $3,157,626 contract, player option on second season.
- 9/9/16 — Signed Ryan Richards (2010-49th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/23/16 — Signed Marcus Denmon (2012-59th) to a one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Nicolas Laprovittola to one-year, non-guaranteed $543,471 summer contract.
- 9/26/16 — Signed Joel Anthony to a one-year, non-guaranteed $1,410,598 summer contract.
Waived Players: Tim Duncan, Marcus Denmon, Ryan Richards
Traded Players: Boris Diaw
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Manu Ginobili (implicit)
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, James Borrego, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant trainer), Anthony Falsone (Athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Monty Williams — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Tiago Splitter).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th)
- Second-rounders: Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Cash Paid ($3.5 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.5 million max): $0
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
- David Lee — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Unused with no remaining eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (coach Ken McDonald)
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/30/16)