Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $39.3 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Rudy Gay)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $3,290,000
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Non-Bird: David Lee ($1,471,382)
- Bryn Forbes $1,312,611 ($100,000 guaranteed)
- London Perrantes $815,615
- Amida Brimah $815,615
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, three non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray, Derrick White, London Perrantes, Tony Parker (injured)
SG: Danny Green, Bryn Forbes, Brandon Paul
SF: Manu Ginobili, Davis Bertans, Kawhi Leonard (injured)
PF: Rudy Gay, Kyle Anderson, Joffrey Lauvergne
C: LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol. Amida Brimah
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: Matt Costello (one-year), Darrun Hilliard (one-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, James Borrego, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant trainer), Anthony Falsone (Athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Monty Williams — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 10/17/17 — Extension deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Dejounte Murray.
- 12/15/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on London Perrantes, Manu Ginobili, Rudy Gay, Pau Gasol and Brandon Paul.
- 12/25/17 — No-trade restriction lifts on Amida Brimah.
- 1/10/18 — Bryn Forbes’ $1,312,611 guarantees for 2017-18.
- 1/10/18 — Amida Brimah and London Perrantes’ $815,615 guarantee for 2017-18.
- 1/15/18 — No-trade restriction lifts on Patty Mills.
- 6/27/18 — Player options on LaMarcus Aldridge, Joffrey Lauvergne and Danny Green.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Amida Brimah, Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans and Bryn Forbes.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/18 — Brandon Paul’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.
- 6/26/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Brandon Paul,
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Derrick White.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Derrick White.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Derrick White.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Derrick White (29th) and Jaron Blossomgame (59th).
- 6/29/17 — Pau Gasol, David Lee and Dewayne Dedmon opted out of their contracts.
- 6/30/17 — Issued qualifying offer to Jonathon Simmons.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Rudy Gay to a two-year, $17,232,300 contract, player option on second season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Derrick White (2017-29th) to a $8,536,124 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/17 — Withdrew qualifying offer to Jonathon Simmons.
- 7/14/17 — Signed Brandon Paul to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/18/17 — Signed Joffrey Lauvergne to a two-year, $3,180,397 contract, player option on second season.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Pau Gasol to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $48.8 million contract.
- 7/24/17 — Signed Matt Costello to a two-way contract.
- 8/1/17 — Bryn Forbes’ salary guaranteed at $100,000 for 2017-18.
- 8/4/17 — Signed Patty Mills to a four-year, $50 million contract with unlikely incentives (TBD).
- 8/23/17 — Signed London Perrantes to a one-year, non-guaranteed $815,615 summer contract.
- 8/24/17 — Signed Manu Ginobili to a two-year, $5 million contract.
- 9/11/17 — Signed Darrun Hilliard to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Amida Brimah to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,465,920)
- Second-rounders: Jaron Blossomgame (2017-59th), Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Arena: AT&T Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 10/4/17)