Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Dejounte Murray, Patty Mills
SG: Derrick White, Bryn Forbes, Marco Belinelli, Lonnie Walker
SF: DeMar DeRozan
PF: Davis Bertans, Chimezie Metu
C: LaMarcus Aldridge, Jakob Poeltl, Drew Eubanks (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Rudy Gay $13,113,360
- Non-Bird: Donatas Motiejunas ($1,618,486), Dante Cunningham ($2,984,400), Quincy Pondexter ($1,618,486), Joffrey Lauvergne* ($1,618,486), ($1,618,486), Matt Costello* (two-way), Darrun Hilliard* (two-way), Ben Moore (two-way)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
2019 Draft Picks: 19th, 29th (from the Toronto Raptors), 49th
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,465,920)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Andy Birdsong, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: Drew Eubanks
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant athletic trainer and recovery coordinator), Anthony Falsone (athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Brent Barry — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- Adam Glessner — director of basketball intelligence
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jakob Poeltl, Derrick White and Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/29/20 — LaMarcus Aldridge’s $24.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dejounte Murray and Jakob Poeltl.
- 8/1/20 — Chimezie Metu’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 10/15/20 — Chimezie Metu’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Derrick White and Chimezie Metu.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Lonnie Walker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: AT&T Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/19/19)