Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Projected 2019-20 Cap Space ($109 million cap): None
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: Fourteen guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Bryn Forbes, Derrick White, Patty Mills, Dejounte Murray (injured)
SG: DeMar DeRozan, Marco Belinelli
SF: Dante Cunningham, Davis Bertans, Quincy Pondexter, Lonnie Walker (injured)
PF: Rudy Gay, Chimezie Metu, Ben Moore
C: LaMarcus Aldridge, Jakob Poeltl, Drew Eubanks (two-way), Pau Gasol (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Quincy Pondexter $2,165,481 ($150,000 guaranteed)
- Mid-Level Exception — $1,648,690 (Marco Belinelli, Chimezie Metu)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $895,000 (Dante Cunningham)
Waived Players: Brandon Paul, Amida Brimah, Julian Washburn, Jaron Blossomgame, Olivier Hanlan, Josh Huestis, Okaro White, Nick Johnson, Nick Johnson, Okaro White, Manu Ginobili
Traded Players: Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Rudy Gay (implicit)
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Andy Birdsong, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: Drew Eubanks, Ben Moore
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant athletic trainer and recovery coordinator), Anthony Falsone (athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Brent Barry — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- Adam Glessner — director of basketball intelligence
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise it converts to two TBD second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Kawhi Leonard).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 12/15/18 — No-trade restrictions lift on Rudy Gay, Quincy Pondexter and Marco Belinelli.
- 1/5/19 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 1/10/19 — Quincy Pondexter’s $2,165,481 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 1/15/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Davis Bertans.
- 1/15/19 — Last day to sign a player to a two-way contract.
- 2/7/19 — Trade deadline.
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on Jakob Poeltl, Derrick White and Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/20 — Player option on DeMar DeRozan.
- 6/29/20 — LaMarcus Aldridge’s $24.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dejounte Murray and Jakob Poeltl.
- 8/1/20 — Chimezie Metu’s salary guarantees at $500,000.
- 10/15/20 — Chimezie Metu’s $1,663,861 guarantees for 2020-21.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadlines on Derrick White and Jakob Poeltl.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Derrick White and Chimezie Metu.
- First day of 2021 season — Extension deadline on Lonnie Walker.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Lonnie Walker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/18/18 — Rudy Gay opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Lonnie Walker (18th) and Chimezie Metu (49th).
- 6/26/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans, Darrun Hilliard and Bryn Forbes.
- 6/26/18 — Danny Green opted into the final year of his contract
- 6/30/18 — Joffrey Lauvergne opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Rudy Gay to a one-year $10,087,200 contract.
- 7/11/18 — Re-signed Davis Bertans to a two-year $14.5 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 7/11/18 — Signed Lonnie Walker (2018-18th) to a $12,457,536 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/18/18 — Traded Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto Raptors for DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl and a protected 2019 first-rounder.
- 7/19/18 — Signed Dante Cunningham to a one-year $2,487,000 contract.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Marco Belinelli to a two-year $12 million contract.
- 7/20/18 — Re-signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year $6 million contract.
- 8/29/18 — Signed Quincy Pondexter to a partially-guaranteed one-year $2,165,481 contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Chimezie Metu (2018-49th) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Amida Brimah to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/17/18 — Signed Julian Washburn to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/18 — Jaron Blossomgame (2017-59th) to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/18 — Signed Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st) to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/20/18 — Signed Drew Eubanks to a two-way contract.
- 9/20/18 — Signed Okaro White to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,512,601 minimum summer contract.
- 0/24/18 — Signed Nick Johnson to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 9/27/18 — Picked up team options on Dejounte Murray, Jakob Poeltl and Derrick White.
- 10/9/18 — Signed Josh Huestis to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,349,383 minimum summer contract.
- 11/20/18 — Signed Ben Moore to a two-way contract.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Joffrey Lauvergne ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- David Lee* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Matt Costello (two-way, non-Bird)
- Darrun Hilliard (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,465,920)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Arena: AT&T Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 12/6/18)