San Antonio Spurs Team Salary
Quick: Spent over the cap and over the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$22.3 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $5,628,000
- Bi-Annual Exception: $2,203,000
- Room Exception*: $2,898,000
*If team goes under the cap, they will lose all of their exceptions, but gain the room exception. If the team stays over the cap, they lose the room exception.
2016/17 Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, one player option
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Dejounte Murray (2016-29th, cap hold $983,400), Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,026,300), Livio Jean-Charles (2013-28th, cap hold $990,700)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Marcus Denmon (2012-59th), Davis Bertans (2011-42nd), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Ryan Richards (2010-49th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
- Bird: Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner
- Non-Bird: David West, Boban Marjanovic (restricted), Andre Miller, Kevin Martin
Players only restricted if team gives qualifying offers.
Non-Guaranteed Salaries: Boris Diaw ($7,000,000 — $3,000,000 guaranteed), Jonathon Simmons ($874,636)
Options: Tim Duncan ($5,643,750 — player)
Qualifying Offers: Boban Marjanovic ($1,500,000)
PG: Tony Parker, Patty Mills
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Jonathon Simmons
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Kyle Anderson
C: Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2017/18 Rookie-Scale Options: Kyle Anderson ($2,151,704)
Rookie Scale Extension Eligible: None
- 6/29/16 — Player option in Tim Duncan.
- 6/30/16 — Boris Diaw’s $7.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Boban Marjanovic.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/30/16 — Jonathon Simmons’ $875k guarantee for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jonathon Simmons.
- 7/15/17 — Boris Diaw’s $7.5 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/27/18 — Player options on LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/26/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/22/16 — Manu Ginobili and David West opted out of the final years of their contracts.
- 6/23/16 — Drafted Dejounte Murray (29th)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
No-Trade: Tim Duncan
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: James Borrego, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Chad Forcier, Ettore Messina, Becky Hammon
Trainer: Will Sevening
- R.C. Buford — President of Sports Franchises and General Manager
- Gregg Popovich — Head Coach and President of Spurs Basketball
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Tiago Splitter).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15%
- Kawhi Leonard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Unused with no remaining eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/16)