Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
Projected 2018-19 Cap Space ($101 million cap): Up to $17.2 million
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, three player options, one non/partially-guaranteed
PG: Dejounte Murray, Patty Mills, Derrick White
SG: Danny Green (PO), Manu Ginobili, Brandon Paul
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Rudy Gay (PO)
C: LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, Joffrey Lauvergne (PO)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
2018-19 Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Tony Parker ($23,179,689, full Bird)
- Danny Green (PO, $15.0 million, full Bird)
- Rudy Gay (PO, $10,087,200, non-Bird)
- Kyle Anderson (RFA, $6,455,112, full Bird)
- Joffrey Lauvergne (PO, $1,829,166, non-Bird)
- Davis Bertans (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499,698, early Bird)
- Bryn Forbes (RFA $1,699,698 or UFA $1,499, 698, early Bird)
- David Lee* ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Matt Costello (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
- Darrun Hilliard (two-way, RFA, non-Bird)
*Did not play in the most recent season, cannot be included in a sign-and-trade.
- Brandon Paul $1,378,252
Draft Picks: 18th (cap hold $2,067,395), 49th
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th, cap hold $1,465,920)
- Second-rounders: Jaron Blossomgame (2017-59th), Olivier Hanlan (2015-41st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,567,770
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,353,315
Note: If team needs to avoid a hard cap, they lose the standard Mid-Level and Bi-Annual Exceptions and gain the $5,291,918 Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15 percent
- Kawhi Leonard — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Andy Birdsong, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Becky Hammon, Will Hardy
Trainer: Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Phil Coles (director of medical services), Paul West (assistant trainer), Anthony Falsone (Athletic performance coordinator)
- R.C. Buford — president of sports franchises and general manager
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Monty Williams — vice president of basketball operations
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball strategy
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Boris Diaw).
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/21/18 — NBA Draft.
- 6/27/18 — Player options on Joffrey Lauvergne and Danny Green.
- 6/29/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Kyle Anderson, Davis Bertans and Bryn Forbes.
- 7/1/18-7/5/18 — NBA moratorium.
- 8/1/18 — Brandon Paul’s $1,378,242 guarantees for 2018-19.
- 10/31/18 — Team options on Dejounte Murray and Derrick White.
- 6/26/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
- 6/29/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Brandon Paul,
- First day of 2019 season — Extension deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- 10/31/19 — Team option on Derrick White.
- 6/29/20 — LaMarcus Aldridge’s $24.0 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Dejounte Murray.
- First day of 2020 season — Extension deadline on Derrick White.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Derrick White.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: AT&T Center
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/18/18)