|Ray McCallum (waived)||$947,276|
|Rasual Butler (waived)||$947,276|
|Jimmer Fredette (waived)||$507,711|
Quick: Spent over the cap and over the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$18.3 million
- Room: $0 (Manu Ginobili)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Tony Parker, Patty Mills, Andre Miller
SG: Danny Green, Manu Ginobili, Kevin Martin
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Jonathon Simmons
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, David West, Kyle Anderson, Matt Bonner
C: Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw, Boban Marjanovic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 5/29/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Andre Miller.
- 6/22/16 — Player options on Manu Ginobili and David West.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Player option in Tim Duncan.
- 6/30/16 — Boris Diaw’s $7.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Boban Marjanovic.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/30/16 — Jonathon Simmons’ $875k guarantee for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jonathon Simmons.
- 7/15/17 — Boris Diaw’s $7.5 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/27/18 — Player options on LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Kyle Anderson.
- 6/26/19 — Player option on Kawhi Leonard.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Nikola Milutinov with the 26th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Cady Lalanne with the 55th pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Kawhi Leonard.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Cory Joseph.
- 7/5/15 — Rescinded qualifying offer to Cory Joseph.
- 7/9/15 — Renounced the rights to Manu Ginobili, Matt Bonner, Aron Baynes, Marco Belinelli, Jeff Ayres, Robert Horry, Glenn Robinson, Nick Van Exel, Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudamire and Jacque Vaughn.
- 7/9/15 — Removed cap holds for Livio Jean-Charles and Nikola Milutinov. Neither can sign until July 2016.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Tiago Splitter to Atlanta Hawks for the rights to Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th) and a protected 2017 second-rounder (top-55).
- 7/9/15 — Signed Tim Duncan to a two-year, $10.9 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/9/15 — Traded a 2016 second-rounder to Sacramento Kings for Ray McCallum.
- 7/9/15 — Signed LaMarcus Aldridge to a four-year, $84.1 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Boban Marjanovic to a one-year, $1.2 million contract.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Danny Green to a four-year, $40 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Signed Matt Bonner to a one-year, partially-guaranteed ($750k) $1.5 million contract.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Kawhi Leonard to a five-year, $94.3 million contract.
- 7/17/15 — Signed David West to a two-year, $3.1 million contract, player option on the second season.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Manu Ginobili to a two-year, $5.8 million contract, player option on second season.
- 7/22/15 – Signed Jonathon Simmons to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $1.4 million minimum contract.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Jimmer Fredette to a partially-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Deshaun Thomas (2013-58th) to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Youssou Ndoye to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Keifer Sykes to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Rasual Butler to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/22/15 — Signed Julian Washburn to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/26/15 — Picked up the team option on Kyle Anderson (third-year).
- 1/10/16 — Rasual Butler and Matt Bonner’s $1.5 million guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/29/16 — Signed Andre Miller for the rest of the season at $397k.
- 3/9/16 — Signed Kevin Martin for the rest of the season at $317,475
No-Trade: Tim Duncan, Matt Bonner, Manu Ginobili
Waived Players: Youssou Ndoye, Deshaun Thomas, Jimmer Fredette, Keifer Sykes, Reggie Williams, Julian Washburn, Ray McCallum, Rasual Butler
Unsigned Second-Round Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th), Livio Jean-Charles (2013-28th)
- Second-rounders: Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Marcus Denmon (2012-59th), Davis Bertans (2011-42nd), Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Ryan Richards (2010-49th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Jim Boylen, Ime Udoka, Chip Engelland, Chad Forcier, Ettore Messina, Becky Hammon
Trainer: Will Sevening
- R.C. Buford — President of Sports Franchises and General Manager
- Gregg Popovich — Head Coach and President of Spurs Basketball
- Sean Marks — Assistant General Manager
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Charlotte Bobcats (Theo Ratliff).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ray McCallum).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Atlanta Hawks (Tiago Splitter).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- LaMarcus Aldridge — 15%
- Kawhi Leonard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Unused with no remaining eligible players.
D-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- Knicks vs. Bucks Odds, Picks, & Predictions (Dec. 5)
- Super Max: Is Max Christie a legit rotational player for the Lakers?
- Mavericks’ Tim Hardaway Jr. still No. 1 favorite to win NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Girlfriend Hailey Summers Expecting First Child
- NBA fan dies at Golden 1 Center during 1st quarter of Pelicans-Kings game