Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $49.1 million in cap space.
NBA Draft: No. 12, No. 41
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Milutinov (2015-26th)
- Second-rounders: Adam Hanga (2011-59th), Giorgos Printezis (2007-58th), Erazem Lorbek (2005-46th), Viktor Sanikidze (2004-42nd), Sergei Karaulov (2004-58th), Robertas Javtokas (2001-55th)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed, one team option
PG: Dejounte Murray, Tre Jones
SG: Derrick White, Devin Vassell, DaQuan Jeffries (TO)
SF: Lonnie Walker
PF: Keldon Johnson, Luka Samanic
C: Jakob Poeltl, Drew Eubanks
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Projected Room Exception — $4,910,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Drew Eubanks $1,762,796 ($500,000 guaranteed) — 8/20/21
* Cut-down dates may be adjusted by the NBA once the final 2021-22 calendar is set. Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- DaQuan Jeffries (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: DeMar DeRozan ($39,344,900), Rudy Gay ($21,750,000), Patty Mills ($20,303,571)
- Early Bird: Marco Belinelli*** ($7,600,000), Trey Lyles ($7,150,000), Quinndary Weatherspoon (two-way, RFA, $1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: DaQuan Jeffries (RFA on opt out, $1,889,178), Dante Cunningham*** ($2,984,400), Gorgui Dieng ($1,669,178), Quincy Pondexter*** ($1,669,178), Donatas Motiejunas*** ($1,699,178), Joffrey Lauvergne*** ($1,699,178), David Lee*** ($1,669,178), Keita Bates-Diop (two-way, RFA), Matt Costello*** (two-way), Darrun Hilliard*** (two-way), Ben Moore*** (two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- DaQuan Jeffries $1889,178 (if opted out)
- Quinndary Weatherspoon $1,669,178 ($84,414 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Lonnie Walker
- Devin Vassell (third-year)
- Luka Samanic (fourth-year)
- Keldon Johnson (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Austin Spurs (general manager Tyler Self, coach Blake Ahearn)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Peter Holt
- RC Buford — chief executive officer
- Gregg Popovich — head coach and president of Spurs basketball
- Brian Wright — general manager
- Brent Barry — vice president of basketball operations
- Brandon James — vice president of basketball administration and deputy general counsel
- Adam Glessner — senior director of basketball intelligence
- Phil Cullen — director of basketball operations and innovation
- Dave Telep — director of player personnel
- George Felton — director of college player personnel
- Nick Repole — director of research and development
- Niraj Mulji — director of basketball strategy
Head Coach: Gregg Popovich
Assistants: Becky Hammon, Will Hardy, Mitch Johnson, Chip Engelland, Darius Songalia
Trainer: Wayne Diesel (director of player care), Marilyn Adams (director of rehabilitation), Xavi Schelling (director of sports science and athletic performance), Will Sevening (head athletic trainer), Anthony Falsone (coordinator of athletic performance)
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Boris Diaw, Jordan Clarkson).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1,850,000 from the Golden State Warriors (Marquese Chriss)
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Team option deadline for DaQuan Jeffries.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for DaQuan Jeffries (if opted out).
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/2/21 — Derrick White’s poison pill expires.
- 8/20/21 — Drew Eubanks’ $1,762,796 guarantees for 2021-22 (14 days after the moratorium).
- First day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Lonnie Walker.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Luka Samanic, Devin Vassell and Keldon Johnson.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Lonnie Walker and DaQuan Jeffries.
- 7/19/22 — Drew Eubanks’ $1,910,860 guarantees for 2022-23 (14 days after the moratorium).
- 8/1/22 — Tre Jones’ $1,782,621 guarantees at $500,000.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season – Tre Jones’ $1,782,621 guarantees for 2022-23.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadlines for Luka Samanic and Keldon Johnson.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Devin Vassell.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Luka Samanic and Keldon Johnson.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadlines for Devin Vassell.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Devin Vassell.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 12 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Derrick White — $14,703,257 (expiring 8/2/21)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: AT&T Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/23/21)