A season-high 3.6 million Americans tuned in to watch the Stanley Cup in 2021, and a reasonable percentage of that figure no doubt placed bets using the best NHL betting apps. But, with so many sportsbooks in competition, not everybody knows where to start.
If you’ve been thinking of placing a wager on the NHL recently, but aren’t quite sure what’s what, read on since we’ll be deep-diving into ten of the very best NHL betting apps available on the market; analyzing the pros and cons of each, and providing you with all the NHL betting info you’re ever likely to need. Our sole aim is to hopefully put you in a better position to profit when betting online.
Best NHL Betting Apps List
Top 10 NHL Betting Apps List 2021
Here is our complete list of the top 10 NHL betting apps in 2021:
- BetOnline – Best NHL betting odds on the market; plenty of bonuses and competitions on offer during the playoffs and Stanley Cup, and the lure of a $1,000 deposit bonus to newcomers
- Bovada – Impressive NHL betting app, featuring a wide range of NHL betting lines; numerous crypto-related bonuses & sign-up offers, and always competitive NHL odds
- XBet – A $500 deposit bonus for all newcomers to the app; competitive odds broadcast for 2022 NHL betting futures, and NHL game lines available each week of the season. Plenty of NHL betting tips available, too
- BetUS – Deep NHL prop betting markets, especially during the playoffs/finals; $2,500 deposit bonus for newcomers, and a streamlined & simple-to-use app to boot
- MyBookie – Tons of NHL betting strategies to be read on the app/ site + NHL betting picks written by pro gamblers. NHL betting lines for every game and always competitive odds
- SportsBet.io – Detailed metrics and stats available for all NHL games + tons of optionality on the game lines and prop bets – a top app for those wishing to execute an NHL betting strategy
- Intertops – Live NHL betting app featuring NHL game lines for each and every game
- BUSR – One of the more modern-looking and easy-to-use NHL betting apps. Plus, the chance to earn up to a $2,500 bonus each time you deposit funds into your account
- SportsBetting – Great NHL betting odds; optionality on the NHL betting lines, and a $1,000 deposit bonus for all newcomers to the sportsbook
- GT Bets – An NHL sportsbook betting app that offers a 150% sign-up bonus; top NHL betting odds, and a slick user interface on the app
Top 5 NHL Betting Apps Reviewed
Each of the 10 apps featured in our mini-reviews above is legally entitled to operate in the US (bar a few select states). Each is safe, verified, and completely free to download, too.
In addition, each app contains all the NHL betting lines you’d expect to find come game day and broadcasts NHL betting futures throughout the year. You can’t really go wrong with any of them; ultimately, it just depends on what you’re looking for.
That said, some of the apps might be laid out better than others, or offer up slicker graphics when NHL betting live. Some perhaps serve up more optionality on the prop market; others focus more on stats and analytics or put more effort into the web content and NHL betting tips for patrons; others simply provide better NHL betting odds across the board…
To save you time, Basketball Insiders has already looked into all the aforementioned points of comparison and come up with a complete list of the top 5 NHL betting apps, which we’ve detailed below. Take a look and see if you can decide which of these sportsbooks is the one for you:
BetOnline – Best NHL Betting Odds of all the NHL Betting Apps
BetOnline’s NHL sportsbook betting app is definitely one of the easiest on the eye: the graphics look slick; the NHL live betting arena is polished, and the stats are organized and presented nicely to boot. BetOnline also provides customers with 24/7 access to customer support, a plethora of deposit/ withdrawal options, and quick payouts.
BetOnline broadcasts NHL betting lines throughout the regular season and playoffs – moneyline, puckline, and total points markets will be open for your wagers, and – as advertised – the NHL betting odds are probably the best we’ve come across on the whole, consistently ranking near or atop the pile for value on all game lines at the face-off, NHL betting futures, and when live, in play.
On the topic of wagering in play, NHL Live betting via BetOnline is superb: the odds update quickly; there are stats and metrics galore, and the site even live streams NHL games from time to time.
- NHL live streaming app
- All NHL betting lines open: game line, puck line, and total points
- The best NHL betting odds
- $25 risk-free player props wager
- Tons of easily accessible stats
- 25% (up to $1,000) deposit bonus
- Deep prop markets, especially when NHL betting live and in-play
- NHL betting site (not the app) can be slow to load and is often ‘undergoing maintenance’
Bovada – Best NHL Betting App for Crypto-enthusiasts
Bovada’s NHL betting app is definitely one of the best presented: it looks and feels great; it’s one of the easiest and fastest to download and install, and the betting markets for all major sports are laid out logically, making the Bovada app simple to navigate and, ultimately, easy to cast wagers on. On top of that, Bovada provides 24-hour customer support; quick payouts and is one of the best NHL betting apps for those among you who love your cryptocurrencies – Bovada bonus codes listed throughout the year entitle patrons to a number of bitcoin boosts and crypto-related promotions.
When it comes to NHL betting, this is a sportsbook that covers all bases. Bovada provides competitive odds; NHL betting futures, NHL live betting, as well as deep prop markets, especially during the postseason.
Plus, this NHL sportsbook betting app is chocked full of strategy guides, useful tips, and even NHL betting picks written by pro gamblers, making it very user-friendly in that respect.
- Competitive NHL betting odds
- Early to broadcast NHL betting futures for Stanley Cup
- NHL live betting is available
- NHL betting strategies and picks are available on the site & app
- App features modern display and graphics
- Bovada can be tough to access out of licensed states due to firewall
XBet – Most Detailed Selection of Stats/ Metrics of all the NHL Betting Apps Reviewed
The XBet NHL betting app is impressive, certainly better than expected: sign-up and installation are simplistic, the mobile layout is user-friendly, and – with particular reference to the way the stats are presented and the excellent graphics when NHL live betting – has a very modern look and feel.
As with all the NHL betting apps listed in our top 5, all the NHL markets (futures, live, and game) and game lines (moneyline, puckline, totals) are featured on XBet for every regular season & playoff clash. But, what we felt set this app apart from some of its competition was its commitment to providing detailed stats and analytics – XBet has metrics for everything: No. of attacking moves, positional heat maps, and much more.
XBet isn’t quite in competition with some of the other sportsbooks listed when it comes to the lucrative onboarding bonuses but that’s not to say it’s stingy either – XBet serves up a $500 deposit bonus and a $250 sport reload bonus to all newcomers to the site.
- Stylistic NHL betting app for iOS
- Excellent for bettors wanting to execute NHL betting strategies: tons of stats on site
- Competitive NHL betting odds
- Sports reload bonus of up to $250
- All NHL game lines open and for every game of the season
- Other NHL betting apps offer more lucrative deposit bonuses/ codes, etc.
BetUS – Best NHL Betting App for Prop Market Optionality + Huge Onboarding Bonuses
Of all the NHL betting apps we’ve reviewed, we found that BetUS was among the simplest to download, install, and get to grips with. Everything is laid out logically and all betting markets are signposted clearly, so it’s easy to get on with why you’re here: betting on the NHL.
At BetUS, all the NHL betting lines are open; NHL live betting is an option for every game during the season, and the sportsbook gets its odds for the Stanley cup up nice and early, too. In fact, on the topic of ‘early broadcasts,’ users will find several unique wagering specials on NHL betting futures listed almost as soon as the previous season ends, including ‘which player will be the first to 100 points.’ BetUS is certainly one of the more prompt NHL sportsbook betting apps when it comes to getting their props and lines up – that’s for sure!
Using this Bet US promo code will also entitle you to a 200% crypto deposit bonus should you join up, meaning this is a site that’s certainly worthy of your consideration.
- Broadcasts early NHL betting futures for the Stanley Cup & player/team props
- NHL live betting is available
- Competitive NHL betting odds
- NHL betting strategies and NHL betting picks are posted weekly to the site/app
- Huge cash and crypto signup bonuses on offer
- App user interface is easy to navigate but does look slightly dated
MyBookie – One of the First NHL Betting Apps to Broadcast Stanley Cup Futures + NHL Betting Lines Open for Every Game
The MyBookie NHL betting app interface does look slightly dated. It’s simple to download, however, and it does also boast competitive odds; NHL betting lines for all games throughout the season, and it’s quick to market with its NHL betting futures for the Stanley cup, too.
NHL live betting is another feature of the MyBookie brand. Again, the graphics and presentation of the stats/odds could probably do with a minor upgrade, but this doesn’t take away from the fact that said odds update quickly and instantaneous betting is made easy.
In addition to MyBookie’s simple and effective user interface, patrons are treated to a host of NHL betting tips and strategy guides too, helping them to make the right decisions with their money.
- All NHL betting lines open for season/ playoff games
- Tons of NHL betting strategies, tips, and picks are available
- NHL live betting updates quickly/ good odds
- $1,000 deposit bonus for new users
- Dated user interface when compared to other, leading NHL betting apps
What are the Best Selling Points of NHL Betting Apps?
Each of the NHL betting apps listed has been ranked first and foremost on such requisite criteria as trust, ease of use, download, visuals, speed, and payments.
Of course, such other comparables as the odds, lines, live streaming services, and Vlogs factor in as well. But these are all secondary components of a top NHL betting app. First and foremost, you need to know that you’re in for a quick and easy download, safe transactions, and a solid user experience on a functional iOS or Android application.
A complete list of the criteria we assess when ranking the best NHL betting sportsbook apps can be seen below:
- Trust – We only recommend safe and verified NHL apps that are legally entitled to operate in the majority of US states. Each of the NHL betting sites in our rankings protect your personal data and guarantee a payout of your funds as per request (apart from bonuses accrued, of course)
- Download – each of the NHL betting apps ranked up the page is free and quick to download. Installation is simple, too
- Ease of Use – A prerequisite of all good NHL betting apps is that they should be easy to use and navigate. If an app looks crowded; jammed full of adverts, or if it’s difficult to simply place a fast bet on the moneyline, we tend to rank that app down
- Visuals – Everyone likes a slick user interface, well-presented stats, and modern-looking, polished graphics in the NHL live betting arena, and we are no different – NHL betting sportsbooks that put the effort into the presentation of their sites & apps tend to rank higher with us
- Speed – Nobody wants to be stuck on a loading screen for five minutes, especially not when trying to place a quick bet on a bathroom break at work. As such, NHL betting apps that load up quickly; provide quick access to the very latest odds, and that alert users to the latest news regarding team selections/suspensions, etc. tend to score higher with our team of researchers
- Payments – A variety of payment and withdrawal methods is something else we look for when ranking the best NHL betting apps. If an app allows users to deposit/withdraw using VISA, Paypal, bitcoin, check, and the rest, we give it a higher grade – optionality is key in the sportsbook betting industry.
The table below isn’t in any particular order, but does give a rundown of our findings when assessing the 5 best NHL betting sites we reviewed up the page:
|Sportsbook ||Trust ||Ease of Use ||Visuals ||Speed ||Downloading ||Payments |
|MyBookie ||100% safe & verified ||The app works perfectly; odds listed logically ||An aesthetically appealing app; not the best graphics for live betting though ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, Moneygram |
|BetUS ||100% safe & verified ||The app is simple to navigate and placing bets is simple ||An aesthetically appealing app; not the best graphics for live betting though ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Credit, Cash Transfer, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Bank Wire Transfer |
|XBet ||100% safe & verified ||A simple to navigate and easy to use app that makes betting simple and fun ||Very good graphics, especially in the live arena & well-presented stats, too ||Live betting updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Person2Person, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash |
|Bovada ||100% safe & verified ||A stylish and polished app that’s well organized & presented, and highly reliable ||Polished graphics in the live arena; stats are well-presented; haptics look & feel great, too ||Live betting updates quickly & fast to broadcast NHL betting futures, too ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Visa, Mastercard, Bitcoin, PayPal, Venmo, Cash App, and Zelle |
|BetOnline ||100% safe & verified ||The app is easy to use and navigate… site not so much (since the update) ||Stylistically, a much-improved app with better graphics than the old version ||Updates quickly – no issues ||Simple and fast to download and easy to install ||Credit Card, Money Order, Bitcoin, Skrill, Bank Wire, Check |
BetOnline: Best NHL Betting App for iPhone
Of all the NHL betting apps we’ve run through the mill, BetOnline is our personal favorite in terms of iPhone compatibility. The NHL sportsbook betting app recently underwent a major overhaul, updating its user interface and graphics, and reorganizing its betting lines/markets. The result is an iPhone app that was always simple to download and install but that’s now easier to navigate and more enjoyable to spend time on – the new display is sharp and the improved graphics & better presented and more detailed statistics, especially in the live arena, help to fashion a great user experience.
Away from the mobile tech, Bet Online is also just a superb sportsbook. When it comes to a cheeky wager on a game of hockey, the app updates its NHL betting odds quickly and the look and feel of the live NHL betting market also win out vs. the competition. Plus, as you’ll see later in the article, BetOnline is always top or close to the top of the charts when it comes to the best NHL betting odds, too.
Bovada: Best NHL Betting App for Android
Bovada tops the pile when it comes to Android. It’s easily accessible – users are able to download it directly without using an APK.file, giving it an edge. On top of that, it’s probably just the most stylish, best-organized, and most visually appealing app overall – we could easily have suggested it as the best iPhone app, too, but the slightly better odds on offer at BetOnline just pull at our collective heartstrings – gambling comes first in the Basketball Insiders HQ.
Bovada’s NHL live betting graphics render beautifully on-screen via the Android interface and the app itself is highly reliable – we had upwards of 10 bets running across multiple sports at one point, bouncing back and forth to check the latest odds, and encountered zero issues at all – it runs like a dream.
Then of course there are the bonuses – downloading the Bovada app for Android is a wise idea for anyone with a penchant for bitcoin. Using this Bovada bonus code, for instance, entitles newcomers to the NHL betting app to a $750 crypto deposit match.
NHL Betting Lines
Hopefully, by this point, you have an idea of which of the top 5 NHL betting apps most suits your needs. Once you’ve downloaded your chosen device, made a deposit, and claimed your bonus, however, the next step is to place a bet. To do that, you’re going to need to understand the NHL betting lines.
We’ve detailed all the premier NHL betting lines located on our top 10 sportsbooks for your ease below, so if you’re unsure how total points works, or have no clue what -1.5 means on the puck line, we implore you to continue with this segment before you start throwing your hard-earned dollars away.
NHL Moneyline Betting
- Moneyline betting is the most popular wager of all the NHL betting lines and most likely this is due to its simple nature. To wager on the NHL moneyline, one just needs to predict which team is expected to win. In the above example courtesy of BetUS, you’ll see the moneyline odds for Seattle Kraken and the Las Vegas Knights located in the center column. Having been awarded odds of -255, Golden Knights are the clear favorites to win the game. -255 odds mean that to win $100, the bettor must wager $255; to win $50, wager $127.50, and so on. The Kraken are the underdogs at +215. Underdog odds of +215 mean that if a bettor wagers $100, they win $215 profit should Seattle steal a W.
NHL Total Goals Scored
- Here, a bettor wagers on one of the two teams because the expectation is that the total number of goals scored – that is the combined total of both teams – finishes over/under (O/U) the amount set by the oddsmakers. In the third column in the BetUS example above, you’ll see Golden Knights have been tasked with keeping the total number of goals scored in the game below 5.5 (U5.5) with odds set at -135. So, if a bettor wagers on this line and the game finishes 2-1 to either team (3 goals in total), the bettor wins. If the final result is 4-3 (7 goals), the bettor loses his/her wager since 7 goals is O5.5.
NHL Puck Line Betting
- Puck Line Betting is essentially just a shortened spread used in the NHL. Other low-scoring sports, such as soccer, operate similar a similar betting line. The idea of the puck line is simple: rarely are there more than 6-7 goals in an NHL game, and, because it’s such a competitive league, it’s commonplace for scores to be tight, with just a couple goals separating teams come to the end of the third period. Because of this, the puck line is almost always set at -1.5 for the favorite, challenging that team to win by two clear goals or more, and +1.5 for the underdog, challenging that team to either lose by less than two goals or simply win the game in order for your bet to payout.
Each of the NHL betting apps we’ve discussed so far features all three of these NHL betting lines for every game, so we can’t judge them on simply having the markets open for bettors.
What we can do, however, is tell you which app tends to broadcast the odds the quickest, and that’s Bovada, an NHL betting site that regularly beats even some of the staple, blue-collar names in the betting industry to market.
Comparing NHL Betting Odds
Now that you’re understanding NHL betting lines, let’s take a look at the odds. Every one of the NHL betting apps included in our top 10 broadcasts competitive NHL betting odds – that’s a given; our team simply wouldn’t use them if they didn’t! Though it can be fun too – let’s face it –, the name of the game when betting on NHL sportsbooks is to win money, and the best odds certainly simplify that process!
That said, some do regularly serve up better odds than others. Hence the reason we’ve included the comparison table below. Do bear in mind that this is by no means conclusive; this is just one market (NHL betting futures for the Stanley Cup), but it’s still a useful indicator as to which NHL betting apps tend to provide the best value. To consistently grab the best value odds on NHL betting lines, however, we implore you to open up multiple accounts, grab all the bonuses you can, and shop around – it’s the only way to be sure.
Nonetheless, the best odds for the Stanley Cup (as of August 2021) have been highlighted in bold for your convenience.
|NHL Betting Futures Odds to Win the 2021-22 Stanley Cup |
|Colorado Avalanche ||Vegas Golden Knights ||Tampa Bay Lightning ||Carolina Hurricanes |
|BetOnline || |
|+800 ||+700 ||+1200 |
|MyBookie || |
|+650 ||+650 ||+1100 |
|Bovada ||+450 ||+600 ||+500 ||+1100 |
|BetUS || |
|+550 ||+450 ||+1100 |
|XBet ||+550 ||+800 ||+650 ||+1100 |
BetOnline comes out on top with the best NHL betting odds for each of these four teams… and by some distance! If you were to place a $1,000 futures bet on Colorado Avalanche to lift the Stanley Cup (for example), you’d come out $750 better off than if you had placed the same wager at the nearest competitors.
As such, when it comes to which of our NHL betting apps do we recommended based solely on providing the best NHL betting odds, it’s hard to look past BetOnline.
NHL Futures Betting
NHL betting futures is another popular market. Here, a bettor places a wager long before the conclusion/result of a game or season.
As an example of NHL betting futures, you might wish to wager on ‘the first player to register 100 goals in the 2021-22 season’, or throw a big wager down on the Pittsburgh Penguins to win the Stanley Cup the moment you see their new signing/ draft pick during the offseason and get yourself all excited. You won’t find out the results of these wagers until the end of the NHL season – hence these are NHL betting futures (or outrights).
Typical examples of NHL team betting futures include:
- NHL Stanley Cup Winners
- Conference Winners
- Division winners (Atlantic, Metropolitan, Pacific, & Central)
- NHL Presidents Trophy
- Teams to make/ not make the playoffs
Typical examples of markets open for individual NHL betting futures include:
- Top Scorer in a season
- First to 100 goals
- Most shots in a season
- Most assists in a season
- Hart Memorial Trophy winner (NHL MVP)
- Vezina Trophy winner (Best goalie in NHL)
Of the NHL betting apps featured in our reviews, BetUS and BetOnline consistently broadcast deep NHL betting futures markets and tend to offer among the very best odds to boot. So, if you’re utterly convinced that Marc-Andre Fleury is destined to retain his 2021 Vezina Trophy next season, we’d suggest checking those NHL betting apps first.
NHL Live Betting
Most of the Basketball Insiders team spend their Saturdays in dark rooms, lights dimmed, gazing into our laptops to peep the latest goings-on in the sportsbook live betting markets, and from October to June (NHL season), it only gets worse. NHL betting live is a lot of fun and, more importantly, a great way to win money.
But what is NHL betting live?
Well, NHL live betting apps allow bettors to place wagers during a game. The odds update throughout the action, depending on all sorts of variables: perhaps an underdog went ahead; maybe one team is having all the possession of the puck, or perhaps a star player skated off injured in the first period – whatever. All these variables influence NHL betting odds in the live arena, meaning there’s more chance for bettors to jump in on high-value wagers. All the stats and news is visible on the best NHL betting apps too, helping you get ahead of the pack.
Another plus of betting NHL live and in-play is that the prop markets can be deep; new bets get added depending on what’s going on in the game. Perhaps Nikita Kucherov rifled in two scores in the first period, oddsmakers sense the betting public want to get in on this and create a new prop market, “Will Kucherov score a hat-trick,” suddenly appears in the prop betting list. That’s just one example (see the segment on prop betting options further down the page for more examples).
Wagering live and in-play on NHL betting sites is growing in popularity across all sportsbooks: the fast-natured pace of the NHL just lends itself perfectly to this market. Bettors wagering in the NHL live betting market benefit from the following:
- Increased optionality – deeper prop betting markets and more selection/ maneuverability on the odds
- Increased stats/ more NHL betting info available during the game – bettors favor executing their respective NHL betting strategies alongside fast access to live updates of news and stats
- Better NHL betting odds – because the odds are constantly fluctuating, there’s an increased chance you’ll find yourself a sweet deal
BetOnline and XBet would be our picks for live betting. Both offer superb graphics and provide detailed statistics alongside live betting NHL games.
XBet is marginally better for stats. But BetOnline does offer live streaming video of select NHL games, which just possibly gives the sportsbook a slight edge.
NHL Prop Betting Markets
Using NHL betting apps to wager on the proposition bets is another interesting way to win money betting at online sportsbooks.
The prop betting market is split into two separate types of wager: team and player. A selection of typical NHL prop betting options has been listed out below. But do remember that, particularly when NHL betting live, almost anything can appear as a prop betting option, with countless variations stifled only by the creativity of oddsmakers.
Best NHL Betting Apps: Common Examples of Team Prop Bets
- Which team will score more points?
- Which team will score first/next?
- How many goals will be scored in the first/second/third period?
- No goals in first/second/third period
Best NHL Betting Apps: Common Examples of Player Prop Bets
- Most goals in a game
- The first player to score in the game, or period one/two/three
- Will player X score next/in the game (Yes/No)
- Will there be a fight between player X and player Y? (Yes/No)
- Next player to assist
- The first player to score 100 points in a season
- Number of saves by a goalie (over/under)
- Number of shots taken
- The number of fouls committed
Prop markets will be open at all the best NHL betting apps for the regular season and playoff games. But some of these sportsbooks do serve up more options than others.
BetUS is our personal favorite when it comes to the prop betting market, broadcasting practically all of the props just mentioned in bullet points, and upping the options further for NHL live betting and even more so during the playoffs and Stanley Cup series.
NHL Betting Apps: Top Promotions
We’ve taken the liberty of listing out a selection of the best promotions and bonuses currently on offer at our top 5 NHL betting apps below.
These offers are subject to change at any moment and, such is the completion for your business, plenty of new offers are likely to be added between the time we write this article and you read it. So, do check out the promotions pages of your favorite NHL betting sportsbooks to get a more complete picture nearer the time you are thinking of signing up.
Don’t be scared to sign up and make small deposits at multiple sportsbooks to get more bang for your buck, either – we certainly champion doing that; betting is a lot more fun with the house’s money on the line, that’s for sure!
- BetOnline – An NHL betting app this provides its customers with a 25% welcome bonus worth up to $1,000; a 25% sport reload bonus and a 100% first-time crypto deposit bonus. On top of that, there’s a $50 free play when you sign up to the app; a $25 free player prop bet, and a 35% crypto reload bonus on offer, too
- Bovada – Bovada offers a 75% crypto deposit bonus worth up to $750; a second 250% bitcoin bonus worth up to $1,250, and a regular deposit bonus of $250, meaning $2,250 in free to wager bets could be yours as a new sign up
- MyBookie – an NHL sportsbook betting app that provides newcomers with a 25% welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. Plus, a 25% sport reload bonus of up to $500, and a 250% referral bonus There are usually tons of competitions running throughout the NHL season, too
- BetUS – this NHL sportsbook betting app provides new signups with a 250% deposit bonus worth up to $2,500; a 150% crypto bonus, a referral bonus, and deposit reload bonuses for returning customers
- Xbet – A first deposit sports bonus worth up to $500 and a $250 sport reload bonus make this a lucrative sportsbook to join for newcomers.
Besides reading up on NHL betting strategies and betting on NHL games, most of the staff in the Basketball Insiders office have coin pumped into crypto, so we collectively enjoyed the top bitcoin-related bonuses on offer from Bovada. BetUS’s huge first-time deposit bonus does push Bovada close, mind…
Extra Features of the Best NHL Betting Apps
Besides the tech fundamentals, great odds, selection of NHL betting lines, and lucrative onboarding bonuses, the very best NHL betting apps tend to serve up the following options, too:
- Blogs & Vlogs – MyBookie and BetUS are solid examples of NHL betting sites that do their utmost to assist bettors hoping to wager on hockey. BetUS, in particular, is chocked full of NHL betting tips and provides its users (and the general public, for that matter) with NHL betting picks written by experts for just about every game. There are also blogs and Vlogs on both sites that hopeful bettors can watch to broaden their knowledge of the week’s games and perhaps use to strengthen their own NHL betting strategies
- Stats/Information – When games are in play and bettors take to the NHL live betting arena, apps like Xbet and BetOnline offer up stats for just about everything you could imagine: positional heat maps; saves made; the number of touches – you name it, these sites broadcast the analytics, making it easier for you to predict the likelihood of something happening down the rink
- Competitions/Promotions – Sites like BetOnline and MyBookie are known to offer a host of NHL-related competitions and game/series-specific bonuses throughout the year. At the time of writing, the NHL offseason has just begun, so most of the competitions currently broadcast are for the new NFL season which is right around the corner: BetOnline is known to run a $10,000 NHL playoff predictor, and Mybookie generally runs a similar contest come the NHL postseason. We will update as and when more information is made available for the 2021-22 season.
- Live- Streaming – BetOnline live streams select NHL games throughout the regular season, as well as MLB and countless other premier sports leagues from around the world.
BetOnline is probably our favorite site for extra features. The sportsbook can’t quite match MyBookie for NHL betting strategies and tips, but does come up trumps with regards to its live-streaming, the depth of statistics available before and during games, and tends to offer more lucrative cash windfalls for competitions and promos.
NHL Betting Tips
NHL betting strategies and detailed articles written by experts can be found across our top 5 NHL betting apps. But, to get you started, we’ve listed a few of our favorites below.
Keep an eye on the Schedule
- The NHL is one of the toughest, most physically demanding leagues in all of sports. Oddsmakers know this and factor in a team’s schedule when setting the NHL betting odds for a game. Be aware of the recent schedule your pick has faced. If your pick to win has played a lot of back-to-back games or is fresh off the back of a tough road trip, tread carefully because eventually, fatigue will set in and performances, even from the very best teams and players, will suffer.
Strength in Depth is Key
- Teams boasting the deepest rosters maintain a higher level of performance come the third period of play because they have the luxury of being able to replace fatigued first-team talent with genuine talent off the bench. As such, these teams – the likes of Tampa and Vancouver – come back from the precipice of defeat and make bettors dollars on the moneyline and puck line. This is a particularly relevant NHL betting tip for those of you hoping to make a home of the NHL live betting arena: remember, strong squads have a habit of returning from the brink in the third period, and the odds are often healthy for these kinds of bets, too.
Pay attention to the Goaltender’s form/ performance
- In the NHL, great goaltenders are a truly valuable commodity – they get hot! Sometimes, it just feels like a goaltender cannot be beaten and our final NHL betting tip is to stay on top of this. If a goaltender enters a game with a high percentage of saves per shot on target or hasn’t conceded in a couple of games, ride that horse to the bank and bet on their team to win (or at least not lose by +1.5 on the puck line) because when these guys are in form, not a lot gets past them.
We always recommend gambling with at least one or two of these (or other) NHL betting strategies in mind. The best of all NHL betting sportsbook apps to visit to read up on what the pros will be wagering on, and to digest as much NHL betting info as possible in preparation for the big game, is probably BetUS. You don’t even have to be a member of the sportsbook to do that – the NHL betting picks located on BetUS are 100% free to read for patrons and non-patrons alike.
Key NHL Dates 2021/22
The 2020-21 NHL season followed an untraditional schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic, running from January 2021 – July. Normal service (fingers crossed) is expected to resume for the 2021-22 season, however.
For a complete overview of the NHL schedule for 2021-22, we refer you to the table below. Please note, a few of the key dates are yet to be ironed out and have been marked as such (TBC).
NHL Schedule (2021-22)
|July 22 ||NHL Schedule Release |
|July 23 & July 24 ||NHL Draft |
|July 28 ||Free Agency Period |
|Mid-September (TBC) ||NHL Prospects Showcase in Tampa |
|Mid-late September (TBC) ||Training Camp Begins |
|September 28 ||NHL Preseason Begins |
|October 14 2021 – May 2022 ||2021-22 Regular Season |
|May – June (TBC) ||NHL Playoffs |
|June 22 ||Stanley Cup |
|June 28 ||NHL All-Star Game |
Best NHL Betting Apps Conclusion
Each of the NHL betting apps listed in our top 10 is more than worthy of your consideration. Each has its own, individual merits. However, for the basketball insiders team, the total package has to be BetOnline.
The BetOnline app functions perfectly on both iOS and Android; has a number of payment options; the most NHL betting lines, and the best NHL betting odds on offer anywhere. In fact, no matter which aspect of the BetOnline NHL betting app we analyzed, it passed with flying colors – whether it be the volume & presentation of hockey statistics; the depth of the prop market; the sheer quantity of bonuses and competitions on offer; the graphics in the live betting arena, or even some of the more fundamental features like download speeds and ease of use, it really is hard for us to suggest another app in its place.
Nevertheless, the best of all NHL betting apps is ultimately subjective and, as we mentioned, there are a plethora of reasons to vouch for some of the other NHL betting sites listed above, too:
Bovada, for example, tends to be first the first to market with the latest NHL betting odds; MyBookie and BetUS are crammed full of useful NHL betting tips and there are literally hundreds of features written by gambling experts analyzing the best NHL betting strategies and purring over the week’s NHL betting tips – each site has its merits.
Our only angle here is to introduce the best NHL betting apps on the market; assess the pros and cons of each, and pick our personal favorite from the bunch. If you like the look of one of the other options, it’s more than likely that’s the app best tailored to your needs, so feel free to follow your instincts in that regard.
How does NHL sports betting work?
What is -1.5 in NHL betting?