Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap and luxury tax.
NBA Draft: No. 27, No. 44 from the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young), No. 49 from the Atlanta Hawks (Allen Crabbe), No. 59 from the Phoenix Suns (Jared Dudley); No. 57 to the Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Aaron White (2015-49th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Roster Count: Seven guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one team option
PG: Kyrie Irving, Spencer Dinwiddie (TO)
SG: James Harden, Landry Shamet
SF: Joe Harris
PF: Kevin Durant, Nicolas Claxton
C: DeAndre Jordan, Alize Johnson
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Projected Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,890,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Alize Johnson $1,762,796 — 9/4/21 (guarantees at $100,000)
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Spencer Dinwiddie $12,302,496 (player)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Spencer Dinwiddie ($17,181,072 on opting out), Bruce Brown Jr (RFA, $4,736,102)
- Early Bird: Chris Chiozza (RFA, two-way, $1,729,217), Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot ($1,669,178), Tyler Johnson ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Mike James (RFA, $1,869,178), Jeff Green ($1,669,178), Blake Griffin ($1,669,178), Wilson Chandler*** ($1,669,178), Reggie Perry (RFA, two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
- Bruce Brown Jr $4,736,102
- Mike James $1,869,178
- Chris Chiozza $1,729,917 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Reggie Perry (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Landry Shamet
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (general manager Matt Riccardi, head coach Adam Caporn)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Joe Tsai
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Andy Birdsong – assistant general manager
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball operations
- Matt Tellem — director of strategic planning
- Andrew Baker — director of contract management
- Logan MacPhail — director of coaching analytics
- Glenn DuPaul — director of basketball analytics
- Rami Antoun — senior developer of basketball systems
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- J.R. Holden — director of player personnel
- Matt Riccardi — director of scouting operations
Head Coach: Steve Nash
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Mike D’Antoni, Adam Harrington, Jordan Ott, Tiago Splitter, Royal Ivey, Ryan Forehan-Kelly, Amar’e Stoudemire
Trainers: Lee Gelis (director of sports medicine), Dan Meehan (director of sport science), Sebastien Poirer (head athletic trainer), Stefania Rizzo (director of performance rehabilitation), Andy Barr (physiotherapist), Daniel Liburd (head and strength conditioning coach), Daniel Jones (physical performance coach)
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (James Harden). May got to the Miami HEAT via Houston (Victor Oladipo).
- 2023 — The Houston Rockets have first-round swap rights (James Harden).
- 2023 — Atlanta Hawks can swap second-rounders (Jeremy Lin), swapping the lower of the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham) and the Hawks’ own. May go to the Philadelphia 76ers (Allen Crabbe).
- 2024 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (James Harden).
- 2025 — The Houston Rockets have first-round swap rights (James Harden), may come from the Oklahoma City Thunder (Russell Westbrook).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Kevin Durant).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Jeremy Lin).
- 2026 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (James Harden).
- 2027 — The Houston Rockets have first-round swap rights (James Harden).
Cash Paid ($5,617,00 max): $2.6 million to the Indiana Pacers (Caris LeVert) — $3.017,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Player option for Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Mike James, Reggie Perry and Bruce Brown Jr.
- 8/1/21 — Final day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/5/21 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Free agents can sign as of 12:01 PM ET.
- 9/4/21 — Alize Johnson’s salary guarantees at $100,000.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Alize Johnson’s salary guarantees at $200,000.
- 1/7/22 — Alize Johnson’s $1,762,796 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Player options for Kevin Durant, James Harden and Kyrie Irving.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline on Landry Shamet and Nicolas Claxton.
- 1/7/23 — Alize Johnson’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2022-23.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
- Kyrie Irving — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Barclays Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
Latest Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds & Information
A number of online NBA betting apps have put up some early prices for the 2022 NBA Championship pennant, and the Brooklyn Nets are currently no bigger than +275 odds to lift the trophy.
The Nets may not have even made the 2021 NBA Finals but the odds compilers are impressed enough with the New Yorkers roster to make them the hot favorites for next season. This means that if you bet $100 on the Nets, you will have $275 returned. It may not be a big payout but it’s currently what those in the know think will happen.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
(Updated on 7/7/21)