Quick: Spent over the cap for 2019-20. Hard capped by the Kevin Durant sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): Over the cap and tax line.
Roster Count: 10 guaranteed, one team option, one non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Kyrie Irving, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jeremiah Martin (two-way)
SG: Caris LeVert, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot
SF: Kevin Durant, Garrett Temple (TO), Rodions Kurucs, Dzanan Musa
PF: Taurean Prince, Nicolas Claxton
C: DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Dzanan Musa reportedly traded to the Detroit Pistons for Bruce Brown Jr.
- Pending Trade Exception (Dzanan Musa, expiring one year from trade) — $494,748
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,718,000
2020 NBA Draft: 19th from the Philadelphia 76ers (Tobias Harris, Mfiondu Kabengele), 55th from the Denver Nuggets (Kenneth Faried); 17th to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Allen Crabbe, Clint Capela), 47th to the Boston Celtics (Andrei Kirilenko, etc.).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Jaylen Hands (2019-56th), Aleksandar Vezenkov (2017-57th), Isaia Cordinier (2016-44th), Juan Pablo Vaulet (2015-39th), Aaron White (2015-49th), Nemanja Dangubic (2014-54th), Christian Drejer (2004-51st)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot $1,824,003 — 2/24/21
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Joe Harris ($14,566,667)
- Non-Bird: Garrett Temple (TO, $5,720,400), Wilson Chandler ($1,620,564), Tyler Johnson ($1,620,564), Chris Chiozza (RFA**, $1,445,697)
- No Rights: Jamal Crawford, Lance Thomas, Justin Anderson, Donta Hall
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
- Chris Chiozza — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Jarrett Allen
- Dzanan Musa
- Caris LeVert $13,781,430
- Taurean Prince $9,577,329
Note: Expires at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Dzanan Musa (reportedly)
- Kevin Durant — 15 percent
- Kyrie Irving — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
G-League Affiliate: Long Island Nets (head coach Shaun Fein)
Two-Way Contracts: Jeremiah Martin
Head Coach: Steve Nash
Assistants: Jacque Vaughn, Mike D’Antoni, Ime Udoka, Amar’e Stoudemire, Adam Harrington, Jordan Ott, Tiago Splitter, Ryan Forehan-Kelly, Royal Ivey
Trainers: Dan Meehan (director of sport science), Sebastien Poirer (head athletic trainer), Lee Gelis (director of sports medicine), Stefania Rizzo (director of performance rehabilitation), Daniel Liburd (head and strength conditioning coach)
- Sean Marks — general manager
- Andy Birdsong – assistant general manager
- Jeff Peterson — assistant general manager
- Natalie Jay — cap and contract specialist
- Ryan Grisriel — director of basketball operations
- Andrew Baker — strategic planning coordinator
- BJ Johnson — coordinator of player evaluation
- J.R. Holden — director of player personnel
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Atlanta Hawks (Allen Crabbe).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder (top-35 protected) from the Phoenix Suns (Jared Dudley).
- 2021 — Owed second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Greg Monroe, Dzanan Musa) — reportedly traded to the Detroit Pistons.
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Charlotte Hornets (Dwight Howard).
- 2023 — Atlanta Hawks can swap second-rounders (Jeremy Lin), swapping the lower of the Charlotte Hornets (Devonte’ Graham) and the Hawks’ own. May go to the Philadelphia 76ers (Allen Crabbe).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Golden State Warriors (Kevin Durant).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Jeremy Lin).
Cash Paid ($5,617,00 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- 11/19/20 — Team option on Garrett Temple.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/21/20 — NBA moratorium.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- 11/26/20 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot’s salary guarantees at $150,000 for 2020-21.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline for Jarrett Allen.
- 12/21/20 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot’s guarantees at $250,000 for 2020-21.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/29/20 — Team option on Dzanan Musa.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 2/24/21 — Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot’s $1,824,003 guarantees for 2020-21.
- 7/31/21 — Player option for Spencer Dinwiddie.
- 7/31/21 — Team option on Rodions Kurucs.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Jarrett Allen and Theo Pinson.
- Note: 21-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- Before the first game of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Dzanan Musa.
- 6/29/22 — Player options for Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates.
- 9/3/20 — Hired coach Steve Nash.
- TBD — Reportedly trading Dzanan Musa and a Toronto Raptors 2021 second-rounder to the Detroit Pistons for Bruce Brown Jr.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Barclays Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/16/20)