|Andrew Bynum (waived)||$6,000,000|
|Tornike Shengelia (waived)||$788,872|
|Mike James (waived)||$419,852|
|Richard Hamilton (waived)||$333,334|
|Cartier Martin (waived)||$52,017|
|Mike James (waived)||$52,017|
|Cartier Martin (waived)||$52,017|
|Jarvis Varnado (waived)||$46,404|
Quick: Over the cap
2014 NBA Draft: 16th (from Charlotte Hornets), 19th & 49th picks
2014/15 Projected Space ($63.2 million cap estimate): Up to $11.3 million (if amnesty is used on Carlos Boozer).
- Trade Exception (Luol Deng, expiring 1/6/15) — $2,025,000
- Trade Exception (Marquis Teague, expiring 1/21/15) — $1,074,720
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Kirk Hinrich, D.J. Augustin, Jimmer Fredette, Mike James, Derrick Rose (injured)
SG: Jimmy Butler, Tony Snell
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Ronnie Brewer
PF: Carlos Boozer, Taj Gibson, Lou Amundson, Greg Smith (injured)
C: Joakim Noah, Nazr Mohammed
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Head Coach: Tom Thibodeau, signed a four-year extension before 2012/13 season taking him through 2016/17.
- Gar Forman — General Manager
- Randy Brown — Assistant General Manager
- Brain Hagen — Assistant General Manager
- 2015 — Owed first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2017, converts to 2017 second-rounder if in the top-55) from Sacramento Kings (Luol Deng, J.J. Hickson).
- 2015 — Right to swap first-rounder with Cleveland Cavaliers if Cleveland in 15-30 range.
- 2015 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Luol Deng, 2013 31st pick).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Luol Deng, 2013 31st pick).
- 6/27/13 — Selected Tony Snell (20th) and Erik Murphy (49th) in the 2013 NBA Draft.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Tony Snell to an estimated $5.7 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Erik Murphy to an estimated two-year, $1.3 million contract.
- 7/10/13 — Signed Mike Dunleavy to a two-year, $6.5 million contract.
- 7/11/13 — Signed Nazr Mohammed to a one-year, minimum $1.4 million contract.
- 9/5/13 — Signed Kalin Lucas to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/6/13 — Signed Patrick Christopher to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $490k minimum contract.
- 9/11/13 — Signed Dexter Pittman to a one-year, non/partially-guaranteed $916k minimum contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Dahntay Jones to a one-year, non/partially guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed Mike James to a one-year, non/partially guaranteed $1.4 million contract.
- 9/27/13 — Signed D.J. White to a one-year, non/partially guaranteed $1 million contract.
- 10/28/13 — Picked up the fourth-year option on Jimmy Butler.
- 10/30/13 — Picked up the third-year option on Marquis Teague.
- 12/13/13 — Signed D.J. Augustin to a one-year minimum contract.
- 1/7/14 — Traded Luol Deng to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Andrew Bynum, a protected 2014 first-rounder (Sacramento Kings), the right to swap first-rounders in 2015 and two second-round picks (Portland Trail Blazers 2015 and 2016).
- 1/10/14 — Signed Cartier Martin to a 10-day contract.
- 1/20/14 — Signed Cartier Martin to a second 10-day contract.
- 1/22/14 — Signed Mike James to a 10-day contract.
- 2/18/14 — Signed Jarvis Varnado to a 10-day contract.
- 3/2/14 — Signed Jimmer Fredette for the remainder of the season.
- 3/7/14 — Signed Ronnie Brewer to a two-year, partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 3/10/14 — Signed Mike James to a two-year, partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 3/10/14 — Signed Lou Amundson to a two-year, partially guaranteed minimum contract.
- 3/14/14 — Signed Greg Smith to a two-year, minimum contract.
Waived Players: Rip Hamilton (via stretch provision), Malcolm Thomas, Kalin Lucas, Patrick Christopher, Dahntay Jones, D.J. White, Dexter Pittman, Mike James (twice), Andrew Bynum, Cartier Martin, Jarvis Varnado, Erik Murphy, Tornike Shengelia
- Non-Bird: Daequan Cook, Vladimir Radmanovic, Brian Scalabrine*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: Nikola Mirotic (2011-23rd)
- Second-rounders: Vladimir Veremeenko (2006-48th)
Amnesty: Available. Eligible players include Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah
Cash Paid ($3.2 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.2 million max): $0
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 6/24/14)
- Thunder trade Favors, Jerome, Harkless to Rockets for Nwaba, Brown
- Bojan Bogdanovic seeks contract extension with Pistons
- Mark Cuban says biggest regret was letting Steve Nash leave Mavericks
- Blake Griffin agrees to one-year deal with Boston Celtics
- JJ Redick lowers price of Brooklyn penthouse to $7 million