Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $31.1 million in cap space, less with their own first-round pick, Thaddeus Young, Tomas Satoransky and Lauri Markkanen’s cap hold.
NBA Draft: No. 38 from the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic); No. 8 to the Chicago Bulls (Nikola Vucevic).
Unsigned Draft Picks:
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marko Simonovic (2020-44th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Albert Miralles (2004-39th)
Roster Count: Six guaranteed, two partially-guaranteed, one team option
PG: Tomas Satoransky, Ryan Arcidiacono (TO), Coby White (injured)
SG: Zach LaVine
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Troy Brown Jr
PF: Patrick Williams, Thaddeus Young
C: Nikola Vucevic
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game. Coby White out for at least four months, as of June 10, 2021 (shoulder).
- Projected Room Exception — $4,910,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Thaddeus Young $14,190,000 ($6 million guaranteed) — 8/1/21
- Tomas Satoransky $10 million ($5 million guaranteed) — 8/1/21
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Ryan Arcidiacono $3,000,000 (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Lauri Markkanen (RFA, $20,194,524), Cristiano Felicio ($14,305,138), Denzel Valentine ($8,821,320)
- Early Bird: Daniel Theis ($9,500,000), Javonte Green (RFA, $1,897,476), Adam Mokoka (RFA, two-way, $1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Garrett Temple ($5,720,400), Devon Dotson (two-way, RFA)
- Lauri Markkanen $9,026,852
- Javonte Green $1,897,476
- Adam Mokoka $1,669,178 ($84,414 guaranteed)
- Devon Dotson (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Troy Brown Jr
- Patrick Williams (third-year)
- Coby White (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Windy City Bulls (Brad Seymour president, Josh Kreibich general manager, Damian Cotter head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Michael Reinsdorf
- Arturas Karnisovas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Marc Eversley — general manager
- Pat Connelly — vice president of player personnel
- JJ Polk — assistant general manager
- Steve Weinman — assistant general manager
- Brian Hagen — associate general manager
- Jim Paxson — director of pro personnel
- Doug Collins — senior advisor of basketball operations
- John Paxon — senior advisor of basketball operations
Head Coach: Billy Donovan
Assistants: Maurice Cheeks, Chris Fleming, Josh Longstaff, John Bryant, Damian Cotter, Billy Schmidt
Training Staff: Chip Schaefer (director of performance health), Todd Campbell (head athletic trainer), Arnold Lee (assistant athletic trainer), Matthew Johnson (head strength coach), Geoffrey Puls (assistant strength coach)
- 2022 — The Bulls can swap second-rounders with the Detroit Pistons (Jameer Nelson), may go to the Sacramento Kings (James Ennis, Xavier Tillman Jr). May swap with the Los Angeles Lakers second-rounder from the Washington Wizards (Tomas Satoransky).
- 2023 — Owe a first-rounder (two years after the 2021 obligation to the Orland Magic, top-4 protected in 2023, top-3 in 2024, otherwise converts to 2026 and 2027 second-rounders) to Orlando (Nikola Vucevic).
- 2023 — Owe a second-rounder to the Washington Wizards (Otto Porter).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $1,300,000 from the Boston Celtics (Daniel Theis) — $4,317,000 remaining
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Team option on Ryan Arcidiacono.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadlines Lauri Markkanen and Javonte Green.
- 8/1/21 — Thaddeus Young’s $15,190,000 (incentives TBD) guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/1/21 — Tomas Satoransky’s $10 million guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadlines on Troy Brown Jr.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Coby White and Patrick Williams.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines on Troy Brown Jr.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline on Coby White.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Patrick Williams.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline on Coby White.
- Before the first day of 2023-24 season — Extension deadline on Patrick Williams.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline on Patrick Williams.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 5/21/21 — Al-Farouq Aminu opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 8 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery, conveying to the Orlando Magic (Nikola Vucevic).
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: United Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
Latest Chicago Bulls Betting Odds & Information
Legal sports betting is now available in Illinois and it’s no surprise that some of the online NBA betting apps have put up some early prices for the 2022 NBA Championship pennant. It’s a little bit of a surprise that the Bulls are +10000 (100-1) to win the championship but that reflects the NBA spotsbooks’ thoughts on the current roster.
This Bulls never made the NBA PlayOffs in 2021 and so their odds on reaching the NBA Finals do seem to be pretty accurate. However, the Bulls are a big franchise and there’s always the hope that they go on a late season tear. Fans will no doubt be using their legal betting apps to place some wagers on the team pre-season, but maybe in hope of a payout more than expectation of one.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.
(Updated on 7/16/21)