Top Illinois Online Sports Betting Sites: 100% Trusted Sportsbooks 2023 | New Bettors Claim $3,125+
Illinois legalized online sports betting in 2020 and dozens of online sportsbooks are now operating in the state. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about online sports betting in Illinois and review the 5 best Illinois sports betting sites.
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Claim Now|
|125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500||Claim Now|
|Get a Welcome Bonus of up to $750||Claim Now|
|1st deposit bonus up to 180% and 1 BTC||Claim Now|
|50% Welcome Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Claim Now|
|$750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses)||Claim Now|
|50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Claim Now|
|50% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip||Claim Now|
|200% Bonus up to $10,000 + 50 Free Spins||Claim Now|
|50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000||Claim Now|
|150% Deposit Bonus up to $2500||Claim Now|
|150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $150||Claim Now|
|35% free play up to $700 Bonus||Claim Now|
|100% Up To $500 - No Code Required||Claim Now|
Illinois Sports Betting at a Glance
Illinois retail sportsbooks and online apps started taking bets in 2020. Sports betting in the state is hugely popular with a record of over $840 million wagered in one month. The current sports betting market in the state is outlined below.
- Legal Sports Betting: In-Person (inland), Online/Mobile (inland and offshore)
- Minimum Sports Betting Age in Illinois: 21 (inland), 18 (through offshore sites)
- Offline Betting in Person: Yes available at casinos, sports stadiums, and racetracks
- Online Sportsbooks: Inland and via offshore
- Live/In-Play Betting: Inland and via offshore
- College Sports Betting: Inland (cannot bet on Illinois teams online and player props and in-game betting are unavailable for instate teams), Offshore (available online with no restrictions)
- Horse racing: Inland and Offshore
- Estimated Sports Betting Revenue: Over $43 million
- Permitted Sports Betting Operators: Multiple casinos, racetracks, and Wrigley Field home of the Cubs
- Licensing Fee: $10 million ($20 million for online-only license) and a $1 million dollar 4-year renewal
- Tax Rate: 15%
- Tax Funded:The sports wagering fund and any excess funds go to the Capital projects fund.
Timeline of Sports Betting Legislation in Illinois
Since the in-person registration on mobile sports betting accounts was lifted in March 2022, there have been some key milestones such as total handles in the state. However, there have not been any updates on sports betting as it is fully and completely legal.
- January 2023: HB1405 is introduced by Illinois Rep Robert Rita. This bill would allow betting exchanges to operate in the state.
- March 2022: The requirement of in-person registration to bet on sports in Illinois was lifted. This was met with widespread approval by many pro-gambling supporters throughout the state.
- August 2021: The Illinois Gaming Board published applications for the state’s three online-only sports betting licenses. A license costs $20 million and it is unclear if any sports betting outfit will apply for them at this time. The in-person registration requirement will be lifted if and when an online-only sports betting license is issued.
- April 2020: Illinois Governor JB Pritzker suspended the requirement for sports bettors to register in person in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The requirement was reinstated in June, suspended again in August, and then reinstated in April 2021.
- June 2019: The Illinois legislature passed a bill that legalized sports betting and doubled the number of casino licenses available in Illinois. The bill was being amended right up until it passed, and the final language excluded online sportsbooks from receiving their own licenses for 18 months – although they could partner with existing Illinois casinos. After 18 months, three licenses would be available for online-only sportsbooks. In addition, bettors would be required to register for online sports betting accounts at in-person casinos.
- May 2019: Illinois Rep. Mike Zalewski introduced a bill to legalize sports betting. It included unusually high fees and an 18-month waiting period for online sportsbooks and was widely criticized by the sports betting industry.
- 2018: 5 bills to legalize sports betting were introduced to the Illinois legislature this year, although they were primarily intended to explore the possibility of legalizing sports wagering than to be voted on.
List of the Best Illinois Sportsbooks in 2023
The number of online sites for sports betting in Illinois is quickly growing. If you’re new to the online sports gambling scene in IL, here are our top 10 picks for placing a wager:
- BetOnline – Overall best Illinois sports betting site for 2023
- Bovada – Best online sports betting Illinois site for live streaming
- MyBookie – Best Illinois sports betting site with top promos
- Everygame – Competitive odds and deep markets
- XBet – Best mobile sportsbook app in Illinois
- Lucky Block – An Illinois betting site with competitive odds and speedy payouts
- BetUS – One of the best Illinois sports betting sites for bonuses
- BetNow – Deeper markets than most other IL sports betting sites
- BUSR – One of the best Illinois online sportsbooks for horse racing
- Jazz Sports – Wide variety of US and international sports with great lines
Best Illinois Online Sports Betting Sites Reviewed
Let’s take a closer look at the top 5 platforms for online sports betting in Illinois.
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Illinois Sports Betting Site for 2023
BetOnline is one of the most reputable sportsbooks in the industry and is our #1 rated sports betting in Illinois site for 2023. This online sportsbook stands out for its enormous range of sports, generous welcome bonus, and excellent customer service support.
On top of that, BetOnline offers in-game betting and live streaming for most matches. You can bet on all major sports such as NFL, MLB, college games like the NCAA, as well as UFC.
The BetOnline promo code welcome bonus can be used across your favorite sports, with no restrictions on what sports you can bet on or what odds you can take.
This top sportsbook also offers a massive range of betting contests across several sports, so if you’re looking for a new and exciting betting challenge with big prizes, BetOnline is one to check out.
What we like:
- A huge range of sports markets to wager on
- In-game betting and live streaming
- Sports betting Illinois contests run throughout the year
- Generous welcome bonus
- Excellent customer service support
What we don’t:
- Unlike other Illinois sports gambling sites, no PayPal payment option at MyBookie
2. Bovada – Best Online Sports Betting Illinois Site for Live Streaming
Bovada is another top pick for Illinois sports bettors who want to place futures wagers. This betting site offers NBA futures, NFL futures, and even college sports futures, this selection is unmatched by any other Illinois sportsbook.
On top of this, there are a huge variety of wager options and an impressive and easy-to-use prop builder so you can add your favorite sports betting Illinois teams to your betting slip at any time.
If you’re online betting on Illinois sports teams, Bovada offers a ton of tools and features for players, including full statistics for every match. You’ll also find a wide range of in-game bets to make matches more exciting. It also has mobile apps for iOS and Android, and these support all the same features as you’ll find on the website.
This top sportsbook offers a great deposit match for new players which you can claim using the Bovada promo code, INSIDERS. Bovada also offers a very appealing Bitcoin promotion for new users which can be used to place bets on the wide range of sports they have on offer.
What we like:
- Wide range of futures betting markets
- Live streaming available for some sports
- Top Bitcoin promotions at this Illinois online sports betting site
- Mobile betting apps for iOS and Android
- Great welcome bonus at this Illinois sports betting site
What we don’t:
- Lacks e-wallet payments
3. MyBookie – Best Illinois Sports Betting Site with Top Promos
Since being established in 2014, this top Illinois sports betting site has proven to provide an excellent and seamless sports betting experience. You can wager on major US leagues like the NBA, NFL, and MLB, plus college sports, esports, MMA, soccer, rugby, and much more.
MyBookie makes it easy to place bets with a seamless web interface and mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices. You’ll also find support for in-game betting and a wide range of live-betting options available.
Like BetOnline, MyBookie promo codes offer a large welcome bonus for new users to enjoy across the platform. There is also a refer-a-friend promo worth mentioning, which rewards you for each new bettor that you refer.
What we like:
- Trusted sportsbook with an established history in IL
- Wager on more than 30 sports markets
- An Illinois online sports betting site that offers good options on in-game betting
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
What we don’t:
- Limited Esports section
4.Everygame – Competitive Odds and Deep Markets
Everygame sportsbook has been doing business since the mid-nineties. Headquartered in Antigua, the bookmaker is known for offering some of the best reduced-juice lines, allowing you to extract more value out of your wagers making it one of the top Illinois sports betting sites.
If you are looking to bet on the Bulls, the Bears, or the Cubs then Everygame is perfect as it has in-depth markets on all major US sports and leagues like the NBA, NFL, NHL,and MLB. With a huge range of other sports and esports available and a superb parlay betting feature, you can bet on them all to increase your winnings.
In-play betting had grown in popularity and Everygame is one of the best sites to bet on action already underway. The odds they offer are some of the best available and it’s easy to keep an eye on all of the action on their multiview feature on their website, which lets you track multiple games plus the lines and spreads on offer.
One key factor many punters look for when choosing what site to use is bonuses and Everygame has some great ones. Every new user can claim a welcome bonus up to $750 using the Everygame promo code INSIDERS. Returning users also have access to some fantastic promotions including free NFL bets, the Parlay-prince, and rebates to name just a few.
What we like:
- Great reputation and longevity
- Deep markets on a wide range of sports
- Multiview feature for live betting
- “Hot Bets” filter
What we don’t:
- Below-average welcome bonus
- No live streaming
5. XBet – Best Mobile Sportsbook App in Illinois
XBet is one of the most impressive new betting sites available to bettors in Illinois. It has many of the same cutting-edge features as other Illinois sportsbooks, including in-game betting, live streaming, and a simple-to-use parlay builder.
This sportsbook also has extremely user-friendly mobile betting apps for iOS and Android devices. The apps are among the best we’ve encountered, running quickly and making it incredibly easy to add wagers to your bet slip.
This top Illinois online sports betting site offers new players a $500 welcome offer which can seem smaller in comparison to the other sportsbooks but they also offer a daily cash rebate of up to 7% when you wager across any qualifying racing tracks, making XBet one of the best Illinois sports gambling sites to use for horse racing wagers.
What we like:
- Top rewards on horse race betting
- Excellent mobile betting apps
- Simple parlay building tool
What we don’t:
- Smaller welcome offer
6. BetUS – Overall Best Illinois Sportsbook
BetUS is our favorite Illinois sports betting site for players in search of the best promotions. This sportsbook offers a whopping deal for new bettors worth an enormous $2,500! All users have to do is simply enter in the BetUS promo code when they make their first deposit.
Another thing we like about the BetUS sports betting Illinois site is that it tends to offer more favorable odds than other IL sportsbooks. That means that when your bet wins, you can win more than you would at competing sports betting sites. Plus, BetUS offers live betting during matches and HD streaming so you can watch the action unfold.
BetUS broadcasts odds and lines on all the major US professional and college sports leagues, plus sports like rugby, soccer, Aussie rules football, and even golf betting lines. The sportsbook also has accessible customer support with a 24/7 live chat service.
What we like:
- Biggest welcome offer around
- Favorable odds for most games
- BetUS sportsbook Illinois provides 24/7 customer support
- A sports betting Illinois site that offers live betting and streaming
What we don’t:
- More limited payment options than other Illinois sports gambling sites
7. BetNow – Deeper markets on US sports than most other IL sports betting sites
BetNow is a relatively new Illinois sports betting site. However, it has managed to establish a loyal fanbase. Besides having a competitive overall gambling product, the bookie has excellent BetNow promo codes with low rollover requirements. So, whether you’re only just signing up or you’ve been wagering at the sportsbook for a while, you’ll find top value.
BetNow offers a top-notch gambling experience for Illinois’ sports betting users looking to wager on the premier US leagues: NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. They have some of the best moneylines on NFL and the NCAA. If you plan to bet on more niche European sports, however, you might not be as impressed as options are limited to mostly soccer.
BetNow offers simple and easy-to-use live betting on a well-designed web interface. Their spreads and totals are constantly updated and any bets are graded and credited to your account in real-time. For these reasons, it’s one of the most user-friendly sites to wager on in-play betting.
One area where BetNow shines in is the selection of banking options. You can deposit via a wide range of payment processors, including major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Bitcoin is one of the few crypto options available. The minimum deposit amount is a reasonable $20 and bettors can deposit as much as $40,000 at a time.
What we like:
- User-friendly website
- Accounts credited in real time
- Generous promo codes
- Flexible banking options
What we don’t:
- Limited coverage of non-US sports
More on gambling in Illinois…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Illinois in our expert guides below:
- Illinois Real Money Online Casinos
- Chicago Online Casinos
- Biloxi Online Casinos
- Illinois Online Poker
- Illinois Online Gambling
- Illinois Sports Betting Apps
The Best Regulated Betting Sites in Illinois Reviewed
The top 5 sites appearing in the above selection of mini-reviews are available in most states and also provide upper betting lines on college sports, which is why we favor them slightly.
There are, however, also several geo-restricted sites that are available to bettors gambling in Illinois that are well worth checking out (if you haven’t already).
As such, we’ve reviewed Illinois sports betting online and regulated sites below:1. Fanduel - Best Illinois Sportsbook Overall
1. Fanduel – Best Illinois Sportsbook Overall
In our opinion, FanDuel Illinois is the best, regulated site available in the state. FanDuel Illinois is in partnership with major leagues like the NBA, MLB, and the odds and lines broadcast on the site are often identical to those being discussed on NBA/NFL TV broadcasts, so it’s easy to stay in the loop regarding the odds on the next Chicago Bulls/Bears game.
Where the NBA is concerned, FanDuel is atop the pile, broadcasting game lines for every game of the regular season and playoffs. It includes deep prop betting markets, live betting, and a strong futures market.
All the logos for the teams are present due to the aforementioned partnership with the league, and, overall, this is just the best Illinois sportsbook for betting on basketball. Plus, FanDuel also runs NBA Fantasy Tournaments where you can select your own squad and send out your best starting 5s to compete for cash prizes.
In addition to that, any newcomer to Illinois FanDuel is eligible to receive a $2,000 risk-free bet. Plus, there are risk-free $10 bets on same game parlays
Fan duel also offers NHL parlay insurance and a plethora of other promotional deals that crop up in tandem with America’s biggest sporting events, so we recommend checking the site regularly to see exactly what’s on offer when you come to sign up.
- Best of the Illinois sportsbooks for Fantasy NFL, MLB, and NBA
- Very competitive odds
- Officially licensed sports betting site of the NBA, MLB, and NFL
- Excellent live betting arena
- $2,000 Welcome Bonus is one of the best available to those sports betting in Illinois
2. DraftKings - One of the Best Illinois Betting Sites for College Sports
- Other sites provide a deeper selection of sports to bet on
2. DraftKings – One of the Best Illinois Sportsbooks for College Sports
Boasting 18 separate markets and tons of wagering options for all of the state’s favorite sports: baseball, basketball, and football, DraftKings is an exceptional bookie to begin sports betting in Illinois with.
The proposition wagering markets almost overflow with betting options, so whether you roll up hoping to wager on how many TDs Justin Fields throws for the Bears, or how many rushing yards the Fighting Illini chalk up in their next NCAA Football clash, DraftKings sportsbook Illinois has you covered.
Sticking with the college game, to demo the site we placed a few wagers down on the Northern Illinois Huskies. When doing so, we found that the DraftKings sportsbook Illinois was simple to navigate; crammed full of useful details such as all the latest stats and blog pages written by betting pros, and that it was easy to place parlay bets at competitive odds.
Live betting is also a feature of the site and it IS possible to wager on college ball live and in play. Plus, there are weekly specials on specified NCAAF games, and the player prop market is open, meaning it’s possible to wager on the number of yards Chase Brown racks up in his next game for the Illini, and so on. DraftKings boasts great coverage of a lot of sports, but we rated its on-site commitment to the NCAAF.
On top of all that, DraftKings Sportsbook Illinois regularly rewards customers with free bets, there are free-to-play pools and there’s even an exclusive VIP program to join. Also, the current DraftKings promo code Illinois is WIN, and it entitles newcomers to a $1,000 deposit bonus.
- DraftKings sportsbook Illinois is fantastic for prop bets
- Deep markets across all featured sports
- Live, in-play betting is polished
- One of the best Illinois sportsbooks for Fantasy Sports
- Easy to build Parlay bets
- One of few sportsbooks in Illinois to offer a VIP program
3. BarStool - Best of the Illinois Sportsbooks for Baseball
- Other sites broadcast better odds
3. Barstool Sportsbook – The Best Illinois Sportsbook for Betting on Baseball
Barstool Sportsbook IL is another great place to start betting in Illinois. The sportsbook has markets open for popular sports like football, soccer, and basketball, plus more niche events like cycling and cricket. No matter the sport, Barstool IL provides a plethora of betting options, including futures, live betting, and tons of proposition bets for big games in the NFL and NBA, too.
We tried the site by placing a few wagers on the Chicago White Sox and found that, along with the highly competitive MLB odds broadcast, the layout of the bet slip makes it easy to place and edit custom-built parlay bets and Teasers. Barstool IL sports betting site also provides instant access to in-depth baseball (and other sports) stats, speeding up the research process and enabling wiser and more thought-out bets from the off. If you’re betting in a rush, the unique Barstool IL Quick Pick 6 feature is also on hand to essentially place your baseball parlays for you, too.
On top of all that, the Barstool online betting Illinois site is also a real player in the promotions game, offering Correct Score Insurance when NHL betting; $25 to spend at the casino when you wager $50 on NFL, and tons of hockey, basketball, and football shirt giveaways.
- An Illinois online sportsbook that broadcasts NCAAF odds
- Some of the deepest prop betting markets on sportsbooks in Illinois
- One of the best Illinois sports betting sites for stats and analytics
- Sports blog pages written by top analysts
- Quick Pick 6 parlay betting
- An IL sports betting site with competitive odds
4. BetRivers - Best Illinois Sportsbook for Bears Fans
- Doesn’t always broadcast the best odds available on sportsbooks in Illinois
4. IL BetRivers – One of the Best Illinois Online Sports Betting Sites for Chicago Bears Fans
BetRivers is another regulated sportsbook that caters to sports betting in Illinois. The site boasts lines for 18 separate sports, including American favorites: NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB betting; competitive odds, and BetRivers IL is the official sports betting partner of SoldierField’s own Chicago Bears, meaning there are team specials on whether or not Bears make the playoffs and Over/Under markets open on Justin Fields and co.’s total win/loss record this year. If you’re a Bears fan, BetRivers IL is worth a look.
BetRivers IL is also one of the very best sites when it comes to live streaming and wagering in play. The Illinois sportsbook offers live video feeds of NHL games, so the hockey fans among you can generally catch the Blackhawks games on site. Plus, there were a LOT more streams than that, ranging from tennis, and German Bundesliga soccer to European basketball and the cricket 20/20 World Cup.
Live betting is of course a feature of the site and it works best when used in tandem with the streams just mentioned since BetRivers sportsbook Illinois’ live betting graphics aren’t the best. But bettors can access a plethora of stats and analyses both before and during games that provide instant access to player statistics, and there are even Genius Stats available for NHL prop bets. So, again, if you’re looking for a site to watch and wager on the Blackhawks simultaneously, BetRivers IL could be the Illinois sports betting site for you!
At present, Betrivers Illinois also offers a $500 welcome bonus to all newcomers to the site, and, for Plus, if you’re a fan of the Chicago White Sox or the Chicago Cubs, there are 20% MLB profit boosts on offer at IL BetRivers, too.
- One of the best Illinois online sports betting sites for NHL
- Great value Parlay boosts at BetRivers Illinois
- iRush VIP rewards program is one of the more lucrative found at Illinois online sportsbooks
- BetRivers Illinois is one of the best betting sites in the state for stats and metrics
- One of very few in our list of Illinois online sports betting sites to provide live NHL streaming
5. PointsBet - Best Illinois Sportsbook for NBA
- Better odds than those found at BetRivers sportsbook Illinois located at other Illinois online sports betting sites.
5. PointsBet – Among the Best Sportsbooks in Illinois for NBA betting
PointsBet has been legally operating in Illinois since the summer of 2020 and, in that time, has gone on to become one of the state’s finest and most popular sportsbooks.
Visitors to PointsBet’s Illinois betting site will likely be greeted by a giant image of Hall-of-Fame QB Drew Brees scaling a mountain with his PointsBet app (we have no idea why but it looked cool and certainly bought our trust). We were then immediately directed to a page showcasing all the latest Illinois sports teams’ betting lines, including the upcoming Bulls vs Mavericks game (as seen above), and offered a chance to sign up and get two risk-free bets worth up to $2,000! The odds for NBA games were also highly competitive, so, the opening impressions were very good!
Upon further investigation, nothing changed: if you’re planning on online sports betting Illinois teams, this is a great IL sportsbook to start at! We uncovered Odds Boosts for the Chicago Bulls game; there’s a Build Your Own Bet feature; there’s a Name Your Bet feature which you can use to suggest your own wagers, and, because PointsBet IL is in partnership with NBC Sports, the selection of live streaming video available is unparalleled! We found streams for Brazillian football, European Basketball, International soccer, NCAAB, and NCAAF scheduled for today, so there’s likely a lot more than that, too!
On top of all that, this sports betting Illinois site doesn’t hold back on the bonuses and promos: $20 risk-free bets on Sunday’s NFL Game of the Week and weekly Parlay Boosts. PointsBet also allows users to cash out early when betting in the live market, and there’s a rewards program in which bettors are rewarded with points each time they place bets. The points can later be converted into free bets to spend on site.
- One of few regulated Illinois online sportsbooks to offer NCAAF markets
- Some of the deepest prop betting markets on sportsbooks in Illinois
- Best online sports betting Illinois site for stats and analytics
- Impressive selection of live streaming sports, including NCAAF
- $2,000 risk-free bet for sportsbook Illinois newcomers
- Licensed betting partner of NFL & NBA
- Doesn’t always broadcast the best odds available on sportsbooks in Illinois
Illinois Sportsbooks Compared
Wondering which Illinois sportsbook is right for you? We’ve put together a detailed table to help you compare the top 10 IL sportsbooks in 2023:
Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonus Bonus Code Sports to bet on Live Betting Live Streaming BetOnline 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ✅ Bovada 75% 3x up to $750 N/A 40 ✅ ✅ MyBookie 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ❌ Everygame 3x $250 up to $750 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ❌ XBet 50% up to $500 INSIDEX 25+ ✅ ❌ Lucky Block 200% Bonus up to 10,000 EUR + 50 Free Spins N/A 40+ ✅ ✅ BetUS 125% up to $2,500 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ✅ BetNow 150% up to $150 INSIDERS 12+ ✅ ❌ BUSR 150% up to $2, 500 INSIDER150 20+ ✅ ❌ Jazz Sports 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 15+ ✅ ✅
Discover Our Top Betting GuidesOffshore BettingOn the lookout for the best Offshore Betting Site? We have you covered, our guide compares the best gambling sites, providing top-tier bonus codes & more.Offshore BettingCash Out BettingJoin us as we look at the best Cash Out Betting Sites in the USA, providing useful tips, in-depth explanations and bonus codes.Cash Out BettingNew SportsbooksDon't miss out on the best New Sportsbooks in the USA 2023. Our guide covers everything you need to know, the latest features, bonus codes, & so much more.New SportsbooksHigh Limit BettingOur guide covers the best High Limit sportsbooks. Favoring those with the highest deposit limits, the largest welcome bonuses, and the best limits per wage.High Limit BettingSportsbooksDiscover more about the world of Sportsbook betting sites, reviewing the top 10 sites, where sports betting is legal, different types of bets, and much more.SportsbooksBetting AppsDo you prefer betting on your mobile? Explore betting on the go with our list of top-rated betting apps, featuring comparisons, top bonus codes, and more.Betting AppseSports BettingIn this guide, we cover everything you need to know about esports betting, from where it’s legal to what games are popular, to the top eSports betting sites.eSports BettingBest Sportsbooks on RedditThe Best Sportsbooks on Reddit - See which betting sites Reddit users rated as being the best. Join Today for $1,000 Bonuses and Free Bets!Sportsbooks on Reddit
Who can Bet on Sports in Illinois
Sports betting is legal in Illinois, both in retail and mobile settings. To wager, you must be 21 years of age and located in the state of Illinois at the time you wish to wager.
Alternatively, you can explore offshore sportsbooks that require you to be 18 years of age.
How to Bet on Sports in Illinois
1. Create Your Account
Choose the sportsbook you wish to play at and create your account.
2. Explore the Promotions
Next, view the promotions the sportsbook offers. This could help you decide how much you should deposit.
3. Deposit Money Into Your Account
After figuring out how much you want to deposit, head over to the deposit page, pick which method you wish to deposit, and complete the process.
4. Make A Bet
Go back to the home page. Here, select what you want to bet on. Your selection will appear in the bet slip where you can complete the process.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Illinois
Yes, sports betting has been legal in Illinois since 2019. The first sportsbooks launched in 2020 and bettors now have a large selection of betting sites to choose from.
Sports Betting Guides State by StateWestSouthWestMidWestNorthEastSouthEast
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Illinois
- HB 3136: This bill allowed for mobile sportsbook registration. Before this, you needed to go to the sportsbook to create an account.
- HB 3136: This bill legalized sports betting in Illinois.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Illinois
At present, there is a flat sports betting tax rate of 4.95% in the state of Illinois.
Read Our Sportsbook Payment GuideseCheck SportsbooksDiscover more as we reveal the best eCheck betting sites available; individually ranked, listing the pros and cons of each sportsbook.eCheckCash Out SportsbooksJoin us as we help you understand cash out betting, all whilst providing you with the best ranked and reviewed sportsbooks to use for cashouts & more.Cash OutBitcoin SportsbooksFind out the best sportsbooks and betting sites for bitcoin, and learn all about the best welcome bonuses, rebates, bitcoin terminology and much more.BitcoinCryptocurrencyWe unpack leading crypto sportsbooks & crypto betting site features, including platform reviews, deposit & withdrawal methods, welcome offers & more.Cryptocurrency
Payment Methods available in Illinois
Below are various payment methods to fund your online sportsbook account.
Crypto Betting Options
At offshore sportsbooks, you can use any of the following cryptocurrency options. However, at some sites, there are even more options than this.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
Acting as either a middle-man between your bank account and your sportsbook account or using the balance in your account, you can use eWallets, such as the following:
Traditional Payment Methods at Illinois Betting Sites
Don’t worry—there are other more traditional methods you can use to fund your account.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at Illinois Online Sports Betting Sites
Perhaps the most popular welcome bonus, a deposit bonus gives you a percentage match up to a certain dollar amount.
Let’s use an actual offshore sportsbook as an example.
- Site: BetOnline
- Deposit Bonus: 50% up to $1,000
- Wagering requirement: 10x
With this offer, if you deposit $200, you will receive a credit of $100. However, you must wager $1,000 on the site to withdraw it as cash, as all bonuses are non-withdrawable.
Available to all players where offered, a reload bonus is a deposit bonus, usually consisting of smaller prizes and percentage matches compared to a deposit bonus welcome offer.
To utilize these, you will either need to use a promo code during your deposit or by opting into the offer.
When you wager using a risk-free bet, you will receive the wager back in site credit should you lose. You can use the site credit again as a second chance to win money.
No Deposit Bonus
By receiving a small bonus to your virtual wallet, you will have received a no deposit bonus.
This is a small boon to your account simply for creating an account. These bonus funds carry a small wagering requirement, typically 1x.
Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our ReviewsBetonline Promo CodeUnlock the latest BetOnline Promo Codes through the power of our dedicated guide. Discover everything you need to know, from promo codes to withdrawal methods!BetonlineMyBookie Promo CodeClaim some of the best and most exciting promo codes with our MyBookie Guide. We walk you through the best bonuses, all while explaining everything inbetween.MyBookieBusr Promo CodeJoin us as we explore one of our top-rated sportsbook & online casino, BUSR. Providing you with the best BUSR promotions and bonus codes, and so much more.BusrBovada Promo CodeDiscover everything you must know about the latest promo codes at Bovada, we cover everything from welcome bonuses, and opportunities to boost your wagers.BovadaBetus Promo CodeExplore the world of BetUS, with our all-inclusive review. Covering everything you need to know, and providing our readers with the best and newest promo codes.BetusXBet Promo CodesCheck out XBet Sporsbook, with our full review. Learn about the betting site, and grab all the latest bonus code, including an 100% bonus for new players.XBetEverygame Promo CodesFind out how Everygame has created one of the biggest and best promo packs in the online gambling sector. Check out our review for the latest tips & top info.Everygame
Popular Sports to Bet on in Illinois
The major city in Illinois is Chicago, one of the biggest sports cities in America.
Here, we will cover all of the major professional sports in the US and those most popular in the Prairie State.NBAA comprehensive guide to betting on the NBA at the best betting sites in the US, featuring detailed reviews of the sportsbooks, lines, and odds.NBA BettingUFCEverything you need to know about betting on the world's most popular MMA organization, the UFC. Discover the best UFC sportsbooks and learn about the markets.UFC BettingMLBWhether it's the run line or parlay betting on the World Series, our MLB betting guide details everything you need to know about baseball betting in the US.MLB BettingNHLSkate over to the top hockey sportsbooks and claim huge bonuses when you register. Read up on puck line betting and other popular NHL betting markets.NHL BettingHorse RacingUnsure how to wager a trifecta at Preakness Stakes, or a quinella at Belmont? Our detailed horse racing betting guides will reveal all.Horse Racing BettingNFLA complete guide to betting on America's Game. Learn how NFL odds and markets work, read our reviews of the top NFL sportsbooks and prepare to beat the spread.NFL BettingNCAABFrom the NBA Draft to March Madness and everything in between, our NCAAB betting guide sets out the key components to betting on college basketball.NCAAB BettingEsportsDiscover the best esports betting sites for the world's most popular games: CS:GO, FIFA, CoD, WoW, and more. Use promo codes to claim rewards when you sign up.Esports BettingTennisOur team of betting experts presents a comprehensive overview of tennis betting markets, odds, key dates, and the best tennis sportsbooks in the USA.Tennis BettingGolfHoping to bet on The Masters, Ryder Cup, or US Open this year? Read our comprehensive golf betting guides first to increase your chances of success.Golf BettingPoliticsPlenty of sportsbooks now offer politics betting markets. Learn how to profit during the elections and claim lucrative sign-up bonuses when you register.Politics BettingBoxingLearn how to profit from the sweet science by reading our detailed boxing betting guide. Swing the odds back in your favor with reload bonuses and free bets.Boxing Betting
NFL Sports Betting in Illinois
The NFL is one of the most wagered on sports in the world, and with that, every online sportsbook we recommend offers excellent odds that are all relatively close to one another.
You will wager on the moneyline, spread, totals, props, and more here.
- Chicago Bears – Won their only Super Bowl in 1985.
NBA Sports Betting in Illinois
BetOnline is the pre-eminent source of both NBA and college basketball betting. Here, you will have great odds, odds offered before other sites, and markets such as futures and props.
- Chicago Bulls – Six NBA Championships, all coming in the 1990s.
MLB Betting in Illinois
Bovada has offered great odds on baseball since it launched in 2011. You will have the same bet types as the NBA and NFL with baseball.
- Chicago Cubs – Won their first World Series in nearly 100 years in 2016.
NHL Betting in Illinois
MyBookie is the site to go to for NHL betting. The hockey odds get broadcast faster than at most rival sites and tend to be among the most competitive. Bet types include the same as MLB, NFL, and NBA.
- Chicago Blackhawks – Won three Stanley Cups from 2009 to 2015.
NCAAB Betting in Illinois
Like the NBA, you will have not only the same bet types but also the same best source—BetOnline. Of course, college basketball does have March Madness which is the focus of sports betting when it comes around.
- Illinois Fighting Illini – Won the 1915 Helms national championship.
- Loyola Ramblers – Made it to the Final Four in 2018.
- DePaul Blue Demons – Have been to two Final Fours.
NCAAF Betting in Illinois
With college football, you’ll wager on the same things as the NFL, but there are added futures markets for the numerous awards. Also, like the NFL, you can bet on the sport at any of our recommended sportsbooks with confidence.
- Illinois Fighting Illini – Last bowl game victory came at the 2011 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
- Northern Illinois Huskies – Won the MAC Conference in 2021.
- Northwestern Wildcats – Have an all-time record under .500.
- Eastern Illinois Panthers – Have produced players like former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo and current San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
Golf Betting in Illinois
Boasting such iconic courses as Glen View, betting on golf is big business in Illinois. Bettors can wager on outright winners and top-five, 10, 15, and 20 finishes at most betting sites. Bovada would be our pick, though: the site offers excellent odds on golfers in all tournaments, especially golfers that are the top favorites.
Horse Racing Betting in Illinois
Horse racing is legal in Illinois. However, if you want to stick with one of the offshore sites, BetUS and BetOnline offer multiple races worldwide to bet on every day.
There are numerous ways to wager on horse racing, but the more popular methods are win, place, show, exacta, daily double, and picks 3-6.
- Arlington Park
- Balmoral Park Harness Racing
- Fairmount Park
- Hawthorne Race Course
- Maywood Park
DFS is Legal in MI
You can craft a lineup at sites like DraftKings and FanDuel while staying under the salary cap to compete in competitions for millions in cash prizes.
Live Betting with Illinois Online Sports Betting Sites
If you’ve ever forgotten to bet on a contest before it started, you no longer need to worry about live betting. This feature is available on all of the sites we recommend. There are dedicated pages for completing this type of wager, and the odds shift quickly as the game progresses.
Learn More About Betting With BBI GuidesMoneyline BettingDelve into the concepts behind moneyline, including its calculator, spread comparisons, which online sportsbooks offer the best moneyline promotions, and more.Moneyline BettingPoints Spread BettingJoin us as we explore top spread betting sites, provide examples and detailed explanations at every turn to help increase your success rate, and more!Points Spread BettingOver Under BettingDiscover everything you need to know about Over Under Betting, from the best sportsbooks, how you can make more informed picks, and much more.Over Under BettingFutures BettingJoin us and learn about futures betting, how it works, how best to make money from futures betting and answer questions regarding this bet type, and more.Futures BettingHandicap BettingExplore how handicap betting works, which betting sites are best for handicap betting, strategies that will allow you to win more from these bets & more.Handicap BettingHedge BettingLearn how hedge sports betting works, where you can apply a hedge bet, which sports it works best with & how you can make guaranteed profits with hedge betting.Hedge BettingLive Sports BettingDiscover the top 10 best sportsbooks with live sports betting, the legality of live sports betting, some of the best bonuses out there and so much more.Live Sports BettingParlay Betting GuideExplore our parlay betting guide & learn everything from, what a parlay bet is, the different types, the best sportsbooks for parlay betting, the risks, & more.Parlay Betting GuidePolitics BettingJoin us as we highlight the politics betting sites that you can sign up with, as well creating an in-depth guide related to all things politics betting.Politics Betting
Sports Bets that are Illegal in Illinois
In Illinois, you cannot currently wager on any college sports games taking place in the state.
How Illinois Stacks Up to the Nearby States
Illinois borders five states: Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, and Iowa.
Of those states, Indiana and Iowa are entirely legal, Missouri is moving toward legalization, and Kentucky and Wisconsin are not legal yet.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Illinois
In Illinois, seven casinos offer sports betting in a retail setting.
- Rivers Casino
- Grand Victoria
- Casino Queen at DraftKings
- Hollywood Aurora
- Hollywood Joliet
- PointsBet Sportsbook at Hawthorne Racetrack
More on Illinois Gambling
There are other ways to gamble in Illinois, and our team has you covered. If you’re interested in trying out different ways to wager, check out the following links.
IL Legislative Resources
For residents of Illinois interested in finding out more information on current legislation to do with sports betting and gambling in the state or would like to contact local and state representatives to express their opinions or concerns on the subject they can use the links below.
IL Gambling Resources
If you believe that you or someone you know has a gambling problem, then we encourage you to get in contact with the NCPG Illinois, Illinois Gaming Board, or the Illinois Department of Human Services found at the links below, they can provide advice and local information, and treatment services in your area.
- NCPG Problem Gambling Resources in Illinois
- Illinois Department of Human Services: Problem Gambling
- Illinois Gaming Board: Help for Problem Gambling
Best Online Illinois Sportsbook
While we recommend you explore all of the sportsbooks on our list to see which one fits your needs, we rank BetOnline atop the rest due to its welcome bonus, favorable odds, and 24/7 customer service.
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus Get Offer
Illinois Online Sports Betting FAQs
Is mobile sports betting available in Illinois?
Mobile sports betting is available in Illinois through BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, BetRivers, and PointsBet. Registering on a mobile device is legal as of March 2022.
Who oversees IL sports betting?
Illinois sports betting is regulated by the Illinois Gaming Board.
Is online sports betting legal in Illinois?
Yes, online sports betting is legal in Illinois. You can register on your mobile device or in person at a casino.
Where can I bet on sports in Illinois?
You can bet on sports in Illinois with online sportsbooks like BetMGM, DraftKings, or BetRivers. You can also visit in-person sportsbooks at Rivers Casino, Hollywood Casino, Harrah’s, and others around the state.
What is the legal gambling age in Illinois?
You must be 21 or older to bet on sports in Illinois, although betting on horse racing is legal at age 18.
Is DraftKings legal in Illinois?
Yes, the DraftKings online betting Illinois sportsbook has been legally allowed to operate in the state since 2020.
Michael is based on Washington and has written for a variety of major online publications. He has an in depth knowledge of the US gambling market and writes state betting guides and sportsbook reviews for Basketballinsiders.