Are you looking for a safe way to bet on sports from Missouri? You’ve come to the right place. This Missouri sports betting guide helps you find reliable offshore bookmakers open to MO residents and outlines the current shape of the state’s legal gambling industry.
Best Missouri Sportsbooks Ranked
The Best Missouri Sports Betting Sites List 2021
We reviewed and compared all the best bookies to compile this list of the best Missouri sports betting sites. Rest assured that all providers below offer safe betting, prompt withdrawals, reliable technical support, and betting options ranging from simple two-way moneylines to complex parlays.
- MyBookie – Best overall For Missouri Residents
- Bovada – Largest variety of sports
- Sportsbetting.ag – Best for soccer lovers
- BetOnline – Best variety of basketball betting options
- BetUS – Best eSports variety
- Intertops – Lots of value lines
- 5Dimes – Impressive set of welcome promotions
- BetNow – Prop betting specialist
- XBet – Deep coverage of international competitions
- BetAmerica – Superb support and quick withdrawals
Best Missouri Sportsbooks Reviewed
1. MyBookie – Best Overall For Missouri Residents
MyBookie is our top recommendation for sports betting in Missouri. The site features early lines on a wide range of sports, including boxing, basketball, football, baseball, ice hockey, and martial arts. All told, there are over 23 disciplines represented, and covered markets include majors like the NBA, NFL, and NHL, alongside international and regional minor events.
In addition to a robust browser-based platform, MyBookie offers a streamlined mobile app designed to simplify bet placement and parlay construction.
Other things we love about MyBookie are its $500 welcome bonus for first-time depositors, as well as its great mix of League of Legends markets. You can basically bet on any major or minor LoL tournament anywhere in the world.
Overall, MyBookie features the best that Missouri sports betting has to offer.
- An endless range of betting options
- Unmatched League of Legends coverage
- Best basketball selection in Missouri
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- Missing some key eSports games
2. Bovada – Largest Variety of Sports
Bovada is one of the few offshore sportsbooks explicitly designed for U.S. customers, including bettors in Missouri.
Using the bookie’s sleek and intuitive betting applications, you can place bets at great odds on everything from basketball to cricket, as well as back your favorite teams and contestants in Call of Duty, LoL, Overwatch, and other video games.
Another aspect of Bovada you’ll enjoy is its exclusive welcome promo, which enables you to claim up to $750 in bonus funds in exchange for making a Bitcoin deposit.
When it comes to sports betting in Missouri, few of the best sportsbooks can rival Bovada.
- Best mobile app in Missouri sports betting
- Lucrative Bitcoin bonus
- Phenomenal market coverage
- Intuitive prop bet builder
- Lines appear later than on MyBookie
3. Sportsbetting.ag – Best For Soccer Lovers
This sportsbook has the most extensive soccer coverage out of all Missouri-facing sportsbooks; using Sportsbetting. ag’s applications, you can wager on any football event that comes to mind. Columbus Crew v. D.C. United? Dinamo Zagreb v. Legia Warsaw. You name it, Sportsbetting.ag has it.
The sportsbook is also great at attracting new players and retaining their business. Right now, you can claim up to $1,000 in welcome bonuses and participate in six recurring promotions, which rotate regularly.
- Great promotions for new and existing players
- Best soccer variety in the business
- Decent eSports variety
- Dated app layout
- No streaming feeds
4. BetOnline – Best Variety of Basketball Betting Options
In terms of basketball coverage, few sportsbooks can compete with BetOnline’s selection. Whether you’re in the mood for some NBA draft betting, futures bets on U.S. or Phillipino leagues, or straight-up moneylines and spread beats, BetOnline will help you satisfy your craving.
If we had to mention a downside, it would be BetOnline’s outdated app. The software does its job, but it makes finding the lines and markets you’re looking more difficult than it should be.
- Basketball specialist
- $1,000 welcome bonus
- Check deposits
- Impressive eSports variety
- Somewhat slow betting app
5. BetUS – Best eSports Variety
With over 25 years of experience, BetUS offers a safe Missouri online sports betting experience. Back your favorite performers in basketball, football, baseball, MMA and martial arts, ice hockey, darts, and over a dozen other disciplines.
When it’s time to take a break from traditional sports, you’ll find an impressive catalog of betting lines on the most popular competitive video games, as well as on less popular titles like Tekken, WarCraft 3, and Valorant.
- Up to $10,000 in welcome bonuses
- Prompt withdrawals
- Excellent for eSports betting
- Last-minute bets
- Good mix of accepted cryptos
- Bonuses are difficult to clear
- Limited markets on some sports
Missouri Betting Sites Comparison
Now let’s take a look at how the best Missouri sports betting sites match up against one another.
|Sportsbook||Bonus||Promo Code||Available Markets||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|MyBookie||50% deposit match up to $1,000 25% Reload bonus up to $500||MYBY 50 MYBY25||Basketball, boxing, eSports, horse racing, soccer, and more||Yes||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum|
|Bovada||100% deposit match up to $1,000||BVD1000||Aussie Rules, badminton, baseball, football, golf, and more||Yes||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000 25% Reload bonus up to $250||BOL1000 LIFEBONUS||Aussie Rules, badminton, boxing, field hockey, snooker, and more||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% deposit match up to $1,000 |
25% reload bonus up to $250
|Baseball, basketball, NFL, golf, soccer, tennis||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple|
|BetUS||50% deposit match up to $200 |
100% deposit match up to $100
200% deposit match up to $50
|NFL, baseball, ice hockey, tennis, and more||Yes||VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Skrill|
Is Sports Betting Legal in Missouri?
As of August 2021, bookmakers aren’t allowed to offer regional Missouri sports betting services. Luckily, the status quo may soon change, as several MO lawmakers have piggybacked on the national sports betting legalization trend, which followed the Supreme Court’s revocation of PAPSA.
Several bills were proposed between 2018 and 2019 to legalize sports betting, including H 2320, S 1009, and H 2535. Unfortunately, each Missouri sports betting bill had multiple issues stemming from lawmakers’ lack of awareness of legal sports betting best practices. The COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 didn’t help, either.
Still, sports betting in Missouri is well on its way to becoming legal in the state. Unfortunately, legalization is only the first step. Even after casinos or riverboats are allowed to accept wagers from MO residents, it will take at least six to 12 months for valuable bookmaking services to crop up.
Because sports betting in Missouri is not currently legal there are currently no legal sportsbooks operating out of Missouri.
If and when sports betting in Missouri becomes legal, we expect that companies looking to capitalize on the business opportunity will have to partner with a Missouri-based physical casino. The most likely contenders for these online partnerships will be incumbents such as DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, Caesars, and PointsBet.
For now, you can satisfy your craving for online sports betting in Missouri through one of the best offshore betting sites that we recommend throughout our website.
There are no land-based establishments with legal sports betting in Missouri. What’s more, section 572 of the Missouri code makes it illegal to participate in unlicensed games of chance hosted within state borders. As a result, you could be subject to fines and penalties if you place a wager with an unlicensed local bookmaker.
Please note that section 572 doesn’t limit social sports betting; you are free to wager with friends and family members as long as a legitimate social connection exists between all participants.
Technically, horse race betting at race tracks has been legal in Missouri since 1984. Unfortunately, because there are zero race tracks in the state, race betting exists only on paper. There’s also no off-track betting in Missouri because no advance deposit wagering (ADW) providers can offer their services in the absence of regional race tracks.
If you reside in MO, the only way for you to bet on your favorite pony is through an offshore sportsbook.
Timeline of Missouri Sports Betting Legislation
So, when will sports betting be legal in Missouri? The following timeline shines a light on Missouri’s relatively young history of sports betting regulation:
- 2021: Lawmakers seem to have a better grasp on “101” best practices of gambling regulation. We hope this improved knowledge will translate into legal Missouri online sports betting by the end of 2022.
- 2020: Six new bills are introduced but, unfortunately, most of them suffer from the same problems as their 2019 counterparts.
- May 2019: The U.S. The Supreme Court revokes PAPSA. Individual states now have authority over legalizing sports betting within their respective borders.
- Feb 2019: Representative Plocher puts forward bill H 2535, which is similar to J. Alferman’s H 2406. The new Missouri sports betting bill shares the fate of its predecessor.
- Feb 2019: Senator Hoskin proposes an integrity fee of 0.25% in bill S 1013. This fee would make it possible for leagues to earn a steady profit stream from state-wide Missouri sports betting.
- Feb 2019: Senator Rowden proposes bill S 1009 with provisions for riverboat casinos to offer sports betting in Missouri. The bill also included details on gambling taxes and responsible and safe wagering.
- Feb 2018: Additional bills are put forth for the Senate to consider. Among them is Senator Hoskins’ bill S 767, which includes a sports wagering provision that would go into effect should the courts revoke PAPSA.
- Feb 2018: Rep. Justin Alferman proposes Missouri sports betting legislation bill H 2406. If it passes, casinos will be allowed to offer legal sports betting in Missouri. The bill dies in committee.
- Jan 2018: Representative Bart Korman puts forward Bill H 2320, proposing to allow Missouri sports betting on riverboat casinos and through daily fantasy providers. The bill died almost instantly.
Offshore Betting in Missouri
Offshore sports betting sites are a legal gray area in Missouri. This current state of affairs means that the government is doubtful to go after residents who choose to bet with an offshore sportsbook. In fact, overseas bookmakers are very popular with bettors in MO, which is unlikely to change even after legalized online betting in Missouri.
Still, there are trustworthy offshore sportsbooks, and there are fraudulent ones. To ensure fair treatment and the security of your funds, only sign-up and deposit with reliable bookies, like the ones we recommend herein. They all offer a top Missouri online sports betting experience with loads of markets and some generous promos.
Are Daily Fantasy Sports Legal in Missouri?
The situation with fantasy sports is somewhat similar to the one with offshore betting. Applicable laws do not refer to daily fantasy sports in any capacity, and because many lawmakers consider DFS betting to be skill-based instead of luck-dependent, companies like DraftKings, Yahoo Fantasy Sports, and FanDuel are happy to accept money from Missouri residents.
For more information on DFS, check out our best daily fantasy sports rankings page.
Casino Laws in Missouri
In addition to a state-run lottery, Missouri boasts over a dozen retail gambling venues. Bingo games are also available, but they can only be organized by charitable, fraternal, religious, or service and veteran organizations.
In March 2021, Republican representative Dan Houx introduced bill HB 1364, which contains mobile and retail gambling provisions. The bill’s key features include a 12% tax rate on online casinos, a fixed licensing fee between $25,000 and $50,000, and up to three online “skins” allowed per riverboat casino.
For now, online casinos remain unavailable in Missouri, and while we wait for Missouri legislators to tackle the new bill, offshore casinos remain the only viable online gambling option for MO residents.
The current status of Missouri gambling is unusual. Initially, the state used to allow gambling only onboard riverboats. And while this has changed, Missouri gambling laws continue to demand that gambling establishments be located on excursion gambling boats or “floating facilities,” which must be situated along the Missouri or Mississippi river.
Slots are of course the most popular games at Missouri casinos, with close to 15,000 machines spread out across the states 13 casinos:
- Ameristar Casino Hotel – Kansas City
- Ameristar Casino – St. Charles
- Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa – Riverside
- Harrah’s North Kansas City Casino & Hotel – North Kansas City
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis – Maryland Heights
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis – Maryland Heights
- Lumiere Place Casino & Hotels – St. Louis
- Mark Twain Casino – La Grange
- River City Casino – St. Louis
- St. Jo Frontier Casino – St. Joseph
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel – Boonville
- Casino KC – Kansas City
- Century Casino Cape Girardeau – Cape Girardeau
Gambling Tax in Missouri
Gambling revenues are subject to the same tax rates as revenues from other income sources. Depending on your total annual income during a fiscal year, your casino and gambling winnings will incur a tax between 0% and 5.4%. See this detailed breakdown of Missouri taxes by income bracket for details.
Additionally, Missouri withholds taxes on lottery winnings – 4% for prizes exceeding $601, and an additional 24% federal tax on winnings exceeding $5,000. The state lottery also issues a standard 1099 form.
As for taxes levied on casinos, they are among the most prohibitive in the country, effectively amounting to 25.2%.
Just like several other states, legal Missouri sports betting is just a matter of time. But an exact timeline remains elusive, as ratifying the necessary agreements and resolving all conflicting interests is time-consuming, to put it mildly. Until spSettingsorts betting in Missouri is legal, have fun placing real-money wagers at one of the top-rated offshore bookies we feature on this page.
Sports Betting Missouri FAQs
Is online sports betting legal in Missouri?
When is Missouri going to have sports betting?
What betting is legal in Missouri?
What are the best Missouri online sports betting sites?
NBA Team Salaries
- Jeffrey Jordan allegedly assaulted hospital workers after falling
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds