Looking for the best Indiana sports betting sites? Browse our list of Indiana sportsbooks and learn about the state’s legal betting status.
In this guide to sports betting in Indiana, we provide a list of the top regionally regulated bookmakers, along with a detailed overview of the pros and cons of each one. We also dive into the Hoosier State’s legal betting history, discuss the various betting services available, and give a detailed overview of promotions and banking methods available to IN residents.
The Best Indiana Sports Betting Sites List 2022
Here are the top ten Indiana sports betting sites as per our research:
- BetUS – Online Sports Betting Indiana Site with Biggest Bonus
- BetOnline – Overall Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for NBA
- MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting App
- Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site for Bitcoin Promos
- XBet – Best Sports Betting Indiana Site for Horse Racing
- Sportsbetting.ag – One of the best new sites for sports betting in Indiana
- BUSR – Excellent racing features at this Indiana sportsbook
- Intertops – One of the best Indiana sports betting sites for hockey
- BetNow – Highly competitive odds at this Indiana sportsbook
- GT Bets – Easy to use sportsbook with deep markets
Best Indiana Sportsbooks Reviewed
For a more detailed look at our top five sportsbooks in Indiana, see below:
1. BetUS – Best Overall Indiana Sports Betting Site 2022 with Biggest Bonus
The $1,000 welcome bonuses offered by the previous sportsbooks are certainly generous, but BetUS is unmatched when it comes to promotions. With BetUS you can bag a huge 125% up to $3,125 offer, this is a combined 100% sports bonus and 25% casino bonus, this can be yours if you sign up with the BetUS promo code JOIN125! This bonus can be used across a range of sports markets and casino games, on both the web platform and mobile betting app!
There are also some great promotions for existing customers after you’ve signed up. One that stands out is a 50% reload bonus on every crypto deposit made, there is also a 100% referral bonus!
If you’re after a sportsbook with a wide variety of promos, BetUS certainly has the best bonuses in the industry and is surely one to consider and is also offers one of the best Indiana online casinos.
- Biggest bonuses in the industry
- Vast sports markets coverage
- Latest Indiana sports betting news
- Esports not available at this Indiana online betting site
2. BetOnline – Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for NBA
BetOnline is our favorite Iowa sports betting platform for NBA betting. You can wager on live games as well as the NBA draft, it carries great odds and a mammoth range of prop bets, which can make some interesting and exciting parlays during the NBA season. Coverage and wager options are similar across other sports like NFL, baseball, and martial arts.
They offer an attractive welcome offer bonus of $1000 when you make your first deposit. There is also a range of generous sports and crypto reload bonuses, casino, and poker welcome offers.
BetOnline also offers a very safe and secure betting environment so you can wager in confidence at a trusted site. They also have great customer service support with a 24/7 live chat function, making it our top choice for online sports betting Indiana.
- Attractive welcome bonus – up to $1000!
- Good prop bets and odds – the type of sportsbook Indianapolis Colts fans will like
- Safe and secure sports betting site
- One of the best customer service ratings at online sportsbooks Indiana
- Mobile app not as good as some others on offer at the best Indiana sportsbooks
3. MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting Online App
Another popular and well-established Online sports betting Indiana site is MyBookie. Major US sports leagues are covered in great detail and you can even wager on huge international events like the Olympics! As well as providing an extremely comprehensive web-based platform, MyBookie also offers a robust betting app that has been designed to ensure that you can place your wager, edit and add parlays to your virtual betting slip with simplicity.
If you’re looking for a sportsbook in Indiana that offers generous promotions, then MyBookie offers a large deposit match bonus of $1,000. They also have a generous refer a friend bonus, offering a 250% up to $250 bonus, as well as casino and reload promotions!
- Top mobile betting app
- Great selection of sportsbook promotions for those Indiana sports betting online
- Wide range of supported payment options
- Some of the best odds available at Indiana online betting sites
- Small choice of Esports when sports betting in Indiana
4. Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site for Bitcoin Promos
Bovada is a large and reputable Indiana sports betting site, if you’re not a seasoned bettor then they offer excellent sports betting guides for new bettors to get you started. This sportsbook is well known for NBA coverage and NBA betting with an impressive prop builder function, you have many parlay options to choose from to keep your bets exciting and interesting. You can wager 24/7 and customer support is available at all hours should you need them.
In terms of the welcome bonus, there is a first deposit match of up to $1,000 which you can claim using the Bovada promo code BVD1000. Bovada is also famed for its bitcoin promo – a whopping 75% up to $750 bitcoin bonus! This easily makes it our favorite for bitcoin betting sites in Indiana.
- Big Bitcoin promo for sports betting Indiana customers
- Detailed betting guides
- Extensive sports coverage – the type of sportsbook Indianapolis Colts fans will enjoy
- Dedicated casino and poker sections
- Lower welcome offer for cash deposits than other online sportsbooks Indiana
5. XBet – Best Sports Betting Indiana Site for Horse Racing
XBet is our top choice if you’re looking for a sportsbook in Indiana that rewards horse racing betting in a big way, you can get up to a 7% cash rebate when you wager across any qualifying tracks, it’s also always paid daily.
The $500 welcome offer is substantially smaller when compared to others, but with the daily horse racing rebate, coupled with an unlimited $100 refer a friend bonus, there are still a sizeable amount of promotions on offer here.
XBet is one of the best Indiana sports betting sites when it comes to crypto, as you can both deposit and withdraw in a range of major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. It’s also known for its quick payouts, so you can enjoy your winnings as quickly as possible!
- Daily horse race betting cash rebate
- Accepts major cryptocurrencies
- Perhaps the best sportsbook in Indiana for quick payouts
- Smaller welcome bonus than other sportsbooks in Indiana
Best Regulated Indiana Sportsbooks:
Besides the sites just mentioned, there are several geo-restricted sportsbooks in Indiana that are currently in operation and that we rate, so we’ve reviewed them below for your convenience.
Indiana Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Now we have uncovered our top Indiana sports betting sites, let’s compare the types of bonuses, markets, and features they offer:
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Live Streaming||Highlights|
|BetOnline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Large cash contests
High limit betting
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||No||Tips and analysis articles
Generous loyalty program
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Weekly betting contests
Bitcoin boost bonus
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||Yes||Prop bet builder
Live sports streaming
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||No||Racing rebate promo
Unlimited referral bonus
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||No||Free live betting promos
Big money NFL contests
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||No||Daily rebates
Unlimited referral bonus
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Weekly NFL pools
Monthly parlay contest
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||No||Weekly $10,000 MLB contests
Weekly horse rebate
Is Sports Betting Legal in Indiana?
Yes, both retail and online sports betting are legal in Hoosier State. Here’s a quick timeline tracing the history of legalization efforts in Indiana:
- 2019-2021 – new online and offline sportsbooks keep popping up on the Indiana market.
- 2019 – Governor Holcom signs the Indiana sports betting bill into law on May 8th, following the US government’s 2018 repeal of PASPA.
- 2016 – daily fantasy sports earn “game of skill” status and become legal in Indiana
- 2015 – riverboat casinos transform into permanent land fixtures.
- 1994 – the Pokagon Band of the Potawatomi Indians tribe is federally recognized. After two decades of a drawn-out legal battle, the tribe opened its first casino in the state, The Four Winds South Bend.
- 1993 – in a bid to alleviate mounting budget concerns, lawmakers allow riverboat casinos. Eleven riverboats float into the state’s gambling harbor.
- 1989 – 1991 – several attempts at legalizing casinos pass the House but die in the Senate.
- 1989 – lawmakers make use of a loophole to legalize pari-mutuel horse race betting.
- 1988 – voters approve a constitutional amendment that lifts the ban on lotteries.
Daily fantasy sports in Indiana
DFS contests have been legal in Indiana since 2016 and are contained within Indiana Code IC 4-33-24. All of the top daily fantasy sports sites, including Monkey Knife Fight, and Yahoo! allow Indiana residents to join and place real-money wagers.
Horse racing at Indiana Betting Sites
1989 marks the year when horse racing became legal in Indiana, and there are currently two major racing tracks in the state:
- Hoosier Park in Anderson
- Indiana Downs in Shelbyville
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission monitors and regulates horse race betting, ensuring that quarter horse, standardbred, and thoroughbred racing in Indiana adheres to local laws.
Furthermore, the state is home to three licensed OTBs, so enthusiasts of off track sports betting in Indiana, or anyone who can’t make the racetrack, have a decent selection to choose from. Active OTBs include:
- Winners Circle OTB in Clarksville
- Winners Circle OTB in Indianapolis
- The Winners Circle OTB in New Haven
In addition to offering betting and live streams, OTBs feature entertainment, dining, VIP membership clubs, and vegas-style lounges where you can kick back and relax with a beer while watching your favorite ponies grind it out.
If, however, you prefer to wager on horse racing at one of the Indiana online sports betting sites detailed in our mini-reviews, the BetUS racebook pages would be an excellent place to start. BetUS details track meets for thoroughbreds in North American and International meets and it’s currently possible to get money back on Saturday meets.
Indiana Gambling Tax
As of August 2021, all gambling winnings accrued in Indiana are subject to the state’s personal income tax of 3.23%. Furthermore, casinos, riverboats, and other gambling venues withhold 24%-25% of winnings and use them to settle federal tax obligations.
What Sports Can You Bet On in Indiana?
Indiana online sports betting is similar to betting from any other state in that you can wager on every sport popular within the USA, including:
- Ice hockey
- MMA/martial arts
Of course, every major league, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, and NBL, is adequately represented at Indiana’s sportsbooks. Minor leagues are also covered, though comprehensiveness varies seasonally and between sportsbooks.
Less popular sports are also in the lineup; you’d be hard-pressed to find an Indiana sports betting site without wagering options on:
- Table tennis
- Indoor football
Esports Betting in Indiana?
Bill HB105, which opened the door to legal online betting in Indiana, prohibits betting on esports. As a result, none of the legally regulated Indiana sports betting sites features wagering options on eSports.
If you’re an e-Gaming aficionado looking for action on their favorite League of Legends, CS:GO, Dota, or Overwatch competitions, check out one of the best offshore esports betting sites, which are featured in the top Indiana sportsbooks list at the top of the page and that you can join and bet at while remaining in compliance with Indiana sports betting laws.
Types of Betting Markets at Indiana Online Sportsbooks
Indiana sports betting fans feature all the popular betting markets, including:
- Moneylines – the simplest type of wager. Requires you to predict the outright winner of an event. Perfect for beginners.
- Spread betting – spread betting requires you to predict which team will cover a handicap point spread specified by the oddsmakers. Spread betting is known as the “great equalizer” because it levels the playing field between two mismatched teams.
- Totals – predict the total number of goals, points, or runs in a match.
- Prop bets – wager on outcomes that don’t necessarily relate to the game’s final result. Examples include predicting the number of passes by a particular player, the number of touchdowns, the total number of sacks, as well as lighthearted propositions, such as how many times the announcer will use the word “Incredible!”
- Futures – predict an outcome far into the future, such as who will win the NBA finals next season. Hard to hit, huge potential payoff.
- Parlays – combine multiple selections (called “legs”) into a single wager. Your potential profits grow exponentially with each additional bet.
- In-play betting – place bets while a match is underway. In addition to predicting the winner or loser, in-play bets offer more dynamic propositions, such as who will score the next goal.
Bonuses at Indiana Sportsbooks
Sportsbooks in Indiana encourage players to join by offering one of three types of welcome bonuses:
Matched deposit bonus
Your sportsbook awards you a bonus equal to a certain percentage of your initial deposit. A great example is MyBookie’s 100% match bonus, capped at $1,000.
This type of bonus is usually subject to several restrictions, including:
- Playthrough requirement: you must wager through the value of your bonus several times before you can withdraw it.
- Minimum deposit: the bonus only applies if you deposit a certain minimum, usually around $10.
- Time limit: some sportsbooks, require you to meet wagering requirements during a certain timeframe.
Free bet offers
A free bet promotion is what it sounds like: a token you can use to place one or more bets free of charge. Some bookies offer free bets in return for making a deposit, while other bookies offer them in the form of cashback.
Free bets often come with restrictions, such as:
- Expiry date: you must place your first real-money wager or use your bet within an allotted time, typically between 7 and 30 days.
- Minimum odds: the free bet is valid only for lines with certain minimum odds. Luckily, none of the best Indiana sports betting sites impose this limit.
- Eligible markets: some bookies limit the range of markets eligible for a free bet token.
No deposit bets
The most coveted type of welcome promotion. A no deposit bonus is a free bet you receive in return for simply opening an account with a sportsbook. This bonus is rare; you’re unlikely to run into it at the best Indiana sportsbooks. Nevertheless, if you find one in the wild, remember that it’s likely subject to similar restrictions as a standard free bet.
Other types of bonuses you’ll find at Indiana sports betting online sites include enhanced odds, boosted profits, reload bonuses, and loyalty bonuses.
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Minimum Odds|
|BetOnline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2|
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||2.8|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2.5|
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||2|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||2|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||2.5|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||2.5|
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||2|
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||2.6|
Sports Betting Indiana: Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
Deposits and withdrawals are the circulatory systems of online sports betting. All reputable sportsbooks in Indiana allow you to top off your bankroll using credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal. However, beyond these basic options, there’s quite a lot of variety in terms of available banking options.
The minimum deposit and withdrawal limits also vary; Most bookies have a minimum deposit between $5 and $10 and a minimum withdrawal of around $10.
Refer to the table below for information on available banking options and applicable restrictions at our recommended Indiana bookmakers:
|Sportsbook||Deposit and Withdrawal Methods||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal||Payout Time|
|BetOnline||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple||$10||$100||1-48 hours|
|MyBookie||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum||$25||$100||1-48 hours|
|Bovada||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin||$10||$500||1-24 hours|
|BetUS||MasterCard, Visa, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum||$10||$100||1-24 hours|
|XBet||VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Bitcoin||$25||$100||24-48 hours|
Indiana Mobile Sports Betting Apps
Smartphones are ubiquitous. Because of that, finding a regional sportsbook that doesn’t offer an Indiana sports betting app compatible with iOS and Android devices verges on impossibility.
These mobile applications come integrated with geolocation software, which the sportsbook uses to confirm your presence inside Indiana borders before allowing you to place real-money mobile wagers in IN. This verification is necessary for the bookie to comply with regional sports betting laws.
If you’re looking for the best Indiana mobile sports betting app to place mobile wagers, we strongly recommend MyBookie. Its application works seamlessly on smartphones and tablets of any screen size, providing a user-friendly interface that lets you place simple and complicated wagers in seconds.
Live Betting & Streaming at Indiana Online Sportsbooks
Each of our five top picks offers live betting and streaming services, though in different scope.
The good news is that live wagering and streaming are available through both the desktop and mobile versions of the top betting providers.
How to Compare Indiana Sportsbooks
Range of markets
A sportsbook failed to make our “top” list unless it offered all the popular betting markets, including moneylines, spreads, totals, parlays, and props, to name some.
Sportsbooks are intimately aware of the preferences of Indiana bettors, which is why you’ll see a lot of market overlap between bookies. Still, individual bookmakers tend to prioritize specific markets over others.
Overall, you’ll experience the whole gamut of betting markets at each of our top sportsbooks, but because differences within individual events are always possible, we recommend you expand your choices by signing up with several providers.
The best Hoosier State bookies offer an array of deposit and withdrawal methods. At the very least, we expect a provider to support payments via credit cards and PayPal and to process withdrawals in less than seven days. We awarded bonus points to bookies that also accept gift cards or PayNearMe.
Overall, there’s a lot of variety between bookies in terms of payment methods, so make sure to consult the “Deposit & Withdrawal Methods For Indiana Betting” section above for details.
Live betting & streaming
No sportsbook is worth recommending in this day and age unless it offers live wagering options and, ideally, live streaming to boot. All bookies we recommend above offer live betting and streaming in some capacity.
Licensing & security
Each betting site on our list is run by a company that complies with Indiana gambling laws, but you can rest assured that depositing with our recommended sportsbooks is safe.
Sportsbooks at Indiana Casinos
There are numerous, Indiana casino sports betting sites that serve as physical hotspots for the state’s gambling enthusiasts.
To help readers get to grips with what to expect should they visit one of these Indiana casino sports betting sites in the flesh, we’ve detailed the pick of the bunch below and listed out the rest.
Ameristar Sportsbook Indiana + Casino Hotel – 777 Aldis Avenue, East Chicago
Located in East Chicago, the Ameristar sportsbook & casino hotel is one of the most popular destinations for Indiana’s sports betting community to meet up, enjoy multiple NFL, NBA, NHL (etc.) games on a selection of huge, widescreen TVs, share a few drinks, and get down to the fun business of Ameristar sports betting.
Visitors will find Sportsbook Ameristar situated inside the casino Pavillion near the Sports Bar and will be happy to learn that there are five wagering terminals open every day of the week.
The Ameristar sports betting site now gets its odds and lines from the Barstool Indiana sportsbook.
Hollywood Casino Sportsbook Indiana, Lawrenceburg – 777 Hollywood Blvd., Lawrenceburg
The Hollywood Lawrenceburg sportsbook is another top choice for sports bettors in Indiana who want to experience the thrills and spills of Indiana sports betting live and in-play at a physical casino.
Situated in Lawrenceburg, the Hollywood casino Indiana sportsbook caters to all sports lovers, providing game lines and updated odds for MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA games (amongst others). When betting, customers can sit and relax in comfort as they watch the games (and the most important stats) unfold live on a selection of huge TV sets.
The Hollywood casino Indiana Sportsbook is open seven days a week from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day. The cashier cages in the casino are almost always open, meaning if you miss the sportsbook, you can still cash in your winners there.
The Hollywood Lawrenceburg sportsbook gets its odds and lines from the Kambi Group who also supply odds and lines to the likes of sportsbook heavyweights, bet365.
Other Indiana Sports Gambling Casinos
- Blue Chip Casino – 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City
- Caesars Southern Indiana – 11999 Casino Center Drive Se, Elizabeth
- French Lick Resort Casino – 8670 IN-56, French Lick
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park – 4500 Dan Patch Circle, Anderson
- Horseshoe Hammond – 777 Casino Center Drive, Hammond
- Indiana Grand Casino – 4300 N. Michigan Road
- Rising Star Casino Resort – 777 Rising Star Drive, Rising Sun
- Tropicana Evansville – 421 NW Riverside Drive, Evansville
- Winner’s Circle Clarksville – 650 Eastern Blvd., Clarksville
- Winner’s Circle Indianapolis – 20 N. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis
- Winner’s Circle New Haven – 1304 Minnich Road, New Haven
Online Sports Betting Indiana: Conclusion
Indiana sports betting is alive, kicking, and showing no signs of slowing down. New sportsbooks are bound to pop up in the coming years, and as market competition intensifies, bettors are bound to profit. Sign up with one of our recommended bookies and take advantage of the hype today!
Is online sports betting legal in Indiana?
What is the legal gambling age in Indiana?
Who oversees IN sports betting?
Is mobile sports betting available in Indiana?
Where can I bet on sports in Indiana?
Is online gambling legal in Indiana?
How to bet on sports in Indiana?
Is DraftKings legal in Indiana?
NBA Team Salaries
- 3 Best John Wall Trade Destinations
- Steph Curry Leads Giannis Antetokounmpo in 2022 NBA MVP Odds
- Taylor Jenkins Rising in 2022 NBA Coach of the Year Odds
- Draymond Green Leads Rudy Gobert in NBA Defensive Player of the Year Odds
- Celtics vs Wizards Prediction, NBA Picks and Betting Trends for Tonight’s Game