Looking for the best Indiana sports betting sites? Browse our list of regulated Indiana sportsbooks and learn about the state’s legal betting status.
In this guide to sports betting in Indiana, we provide a list of the top regionally regulated bookmakers, along with a detailed overview of the pros and cons of each one. We also dive into the Hoosier State’s legal betting history, discuss the various betting services available, and give a detailed overview of promotions and banking methods available to IN residents.
The Best Indiana Sports Betting Sites List 2021
Here are the top five Indiana sports betting sites:
- BetOnline – Overall Best Indiana Sports Betting Site 2021
- MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting App
- Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site for Bitcoin Promos
- BetUS – Online Sports Betting Indiana Site with Biggest Bonus
- XBet – Best Sports Betting Indiana Site for Horse Racing
Best Indiana Sportsbooks Reviewed
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Indiana Sports Betting Site 2021
BetOnline is our favourite Iowa sports betting platform for NBA betting. You can wager on live games as well as the NBA draft, it carries great odds and a mammoth range of prop bets, which can make some interesting and exciting parlays during the NBA season. Coverage and wager options is similar across other sports like, NFL, baseball and martial arts.
They offer an attractive welcome offer bonus of $1000 when you make your first deposit. There is also a range of generous sports and crypto reload bonuses, casino and poker welcome offers.
BetOnline also offers a very safe and secure betting environment so you can wager in confidence at a trusted site. They also have great customer service support with a 24/7 live chat function, making it our top choice for online sports betting Indiana.
- Attractive welcome bonus – up to $1000!
- Good prop bets and odds
- Safe and secure sports betting site
- Great customer service
- Mobile app not as good as some others
2. MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting App
Another popular and well estalished Online sports betting Indiana site is MyBookie. Major US sports league are covered in great detail and you can even wager on huge international events like the Olympics! As well as providing an extremely comprehensive web based platform, MyBookie also offers a robust betting app which has been designed to ensure that you can place your wager, edit and add parlays to your virtual betting slip with simplicity.
If it’s sportsbook promotions you’re after then MyBookie offers a large deposit match bonus of $1,000. They also have a generous refer a friend bonus, offering a 250% up to $250 bonus, as well as casino and reload promotions!
- Top mobile betting app
- Great offering of sportsbook promotions
- Wide range of supported payment options
- Small choice of Esports
3. Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site for Bitcoin Promos
Bovada is a large and reputable Indiana sports betting site, if you’re not a seasoned bettor then they offer excellent sports betting guides for new bettors to get you started. This sportsbook is well known for NBA coverage and NBA betting with am impressive prop builder function, you have many parlay options to choose from to keep your bets exciting and interesting. You can wager 24/7 and customer support is available at all hours should you need them.
In terms of welcome bonus, there is a first deposit match of up to $1,000 which you can claim using the Bovada promo code BVD1000. Bovada is also famed for its bitcoin promo – a whopping 75% up to $750 bitcoin bonus! This easily makes it our favourite for bitcoin betting sites in Indiana.
- Big Bitcoin promo
- Detailed betting guides
- Extensive sports coverage
- No welcome offer for cash deposits
4. BetUS – Online Sports Betting Indiana Site with Biggest Bonus
The $1,000 welcome bonuses offered by the previous sportsbooks are certainly generous, but BetUS are unmatched when it comes to promotions. With BetUS you can bag a huge 125% up to $3,125 offer, this is a combined 100% sports bonus and 25% casino bonus, this can be yours if you sign up with the BetUS promo code JOIN125! This bonus can be used across a range of sports markets and casino games, on both the web platform and mobile betting app!
There are also some great promotions for existing customers after you’ve signed up. One that stands out is a 50% reload bonus on every crypto deposit made, there is also a 100% referral bonus!
If you’re after a sportsbook with a wide variety of promos, BetUS certainly has the best bonuses in the industry and is surely one to consider.
- Biggest bonuses in the industry
- Vast sports markets coverage
- Latest Indiana sports betting news
- Small Esports selection
5. XBet – Best Sports Betting Indiana Site for Horse Racing
XBet is our top choice if you’re looking for a sportsbook that rewards horse racing betting in a big way, you can get up to 7% cash rebate when you wager across any qualifying tracks, it’s also always paid daily.
The $500 welcome offer is substantially smaller when compared to others, but with the daily horse racing rebate, couple with an unlimited $100 refer a friend bonus, there are still a sizeable amount of promotions on offer here.
XBet is one of the best Indiana sports betting sites when it comes to crypto, as you can both deposit and withdraw in a range of major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. It’s also known for its quick payouts, so you can enjoy your winnings as quickly as possible!
- Daily horse race betting cash rebate
- Accepts major cryptocurrencies
- Quick payouts
- Smaller welcome bonus than others
Indiana Betting Sites Comparison
Now we have uncovered our top Indiana sports betting sites, let’s compare the types of bonuses, markets and features they offer:
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Live Streaming||Highlights|
|Betonline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Large cash contests |
High limit betting
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||No||Weekly betting contests |
Bitcoin boost bonus
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||Yes||Prop bet builder |
Live sports streaming
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||No||Tips and analysis articles |
Generous loyalty program
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||No||Racing rebate promo |
Unlimited referal bonus
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||No||Weekly NFL pools |
Monthly parlay contest
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||No||Free live betting promos |
Big money NFL contests
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||No||Weekly $10,000 MLB contests |
Weekly horse rebate
|GT Bets||100% deposit match up to $500||BOS50||No||Gametime Rewards loyalty scheme |
Monthly horse rebate
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||No||Daily rebatee |
Unlimited referal bonus
Is Sports Betting Legal in Indiana?
Yes, both retail and online sports betting are legal in the Hoosier State. Here’s a quick timeline tracing the history of legalization efforts in Indiana:
- 2019-2021 – new online and offline sportsbooks keep popping up on the Indiana market.
- 2019 – Governor Holcom signs Indiana sports betting bill into law on May 8th, following the US government’s 2018 repeal of PASPA.
- 2016 – daily fantasy sports earn “game of skill” status and become legal.
- 2015 – riverboat casinos transform into permanent land fixtures.
- 1994 – the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians tribe is federally recognized. After two decades of a drawn out legal battle, the tribe opened its first casino in the state, The Four Winds South Bend.
- 1993 – in a bid to alleviate mounting budget concerns, lawmakers allow riverboat casinos. Eleven riverboats float into the state’s gambling harbor.
- 1989 – 1991 – several attempts at legalizing casinos pass the House but die in the Senate.
- 1989 – lawmakers make use of a loophole to legalize pari-mutuel horse race betting.
- 1988 – voters approve a constitutional amendment that lifts the ban on lotteries.
Daily fantasy sports in Indiana
DFS contests have been legal in Indiana since 2016 and is contained within Indiana Code IC 4-33-24. All of the top daily fantasy sports sites, including Monkey Knife Fight, and Yahoo! allow Indiana residents to join and place real-money wagers.
Horse racing in Indiana
1989 marks the year when horse racing became legal in Indiana. There are currently two major racing tracks in the state:
- Hoosier Park in Anderson
- Indiana Downs in Shelbyville
The Indiana Horse Racing Commission monitors and regulates horse race betting, ensuring that quarter horse, standardbred, and thoroughbred racing in Indiana adheres to local laws.
Furthermore, the state is home to three licensed OTBs, so enthusiasts of off track sports betting in Indiana, or anyone who can’t make the racetrack, have a decent selection to choose from. Active OTBs include:
- Winners Circle OTB in Clarksville
- Winners Circle OTB in Indianapolis
- Winners Circle OTB in New Haven
In addition to offering betting and live streams, OTBs feature entertainment, dining, VIP membership clubs, and vegas-style lounges where you can kick back and relax with a beer while watching your favorite ponies grind it out.
Gambling Tax in Indiana
As of August 2021, all gambling winnings accrued in Indiana are subject to the state’s personal income tax of 3.23%. Furthermore, casinos, riverboats, and other gambling venues withhold 24%-25% of winnings and use them to settle federal tax obligations.
What Sports Can You Bet On in Indiana?
Indiana online sports betting is similar to betting from any other state in that you can wager on every sport popular within the USA, including:
- Ice hockey
- MMA/martial arts
Of course, every major league, including the NBA, NFL, NHL, and NBL, is adequately represented at Indiana’s sportsbooks. Minor leagues are also covered, though comprehensiveness varies seasonally and between sportsbooks.
Less popular sports are also in the lineup; you’d be hard-pressed to find an Indiana sports betting site without wagering options on:
- Table tennis
- Indoor football
Esports Betting in Indiana?
Bill HB105, which opened the door to legal online betting in Indiana, prohibits betting on esports. As a result, none of the legal Indiana sports betting sites features wagering options on eSports.
If you’re an e-Gaming aficionado looking for action on their favorite League of Legends, CS:GO, Dota, or Overwatch competitions, check out one of the best offshore esports betting sites, which you can join and bet at while remaining in compliance with Indiana laws.
Types of Betting Markets
Indiana sports betting fans feature all the popular betting markets, including:
- Moneylines – the simplest type of wager. Requires you to predict the outright winner of an event. Perfect for beginners.
- Spread betting – spread betting requires you to predict which team will cover a handicap point spread specified by the oddsmakers. Spread betting is known as the “great equalizer” because it levels the playing field between two mismatched teams.
- Totals – predict the total number of goals, points, or runs in a match.
- Prop bets – wager on outcomes that don’t necessarily relate to the game’s final result. Examples include predicting the number of passes by a particular player, the number of touchdowns, the total number of sacks, as well as lighthearted propositions, such as how many times the announcer will use the word “Incredible!”
- Futures – predict an outcome far into the future, such as who will win the NBA finals next season. Hard to hit, huge potential payoff.
- Parlays – combine multiple selections (called “legs”) into a single wager. Your potential profits grow exponentially with each additional bet.
- In-play betting – place bets while a match is underway. In addition to predicting the winner or loser, in-play bets offer more dynamic propositions, such as who will score the next goal.
Bonuses at Indiana Sportsbooks
Sportsbooks in Indiana encourage players to join by offering one of three types of welcome bonuses:
Matched deposit bonus
Your sportsbook awards you a bonus equal to a certain percentage of your initial deposit. A great example is MyBookie’s 100% match bonus, capped at $1,000.
This type of bonus is usually subject to several restrictions, including:
- Playthrough requirement: you must wager through the value of your bonus several times before you can withdraw it.
- Minimum deposit: the bonus only applies if you deposit a certain minimum, usually around $10.
- Time limit: some sportsbooks, require you to meet wagering requirements during a certain timeframe.
Free bet offers
A free bet promotion is what it sounds like: a token you can use to place one or more bets free of charge. Some bookies offer free bets in return for making a deposit, while other bookies offer them in the form of cashback.
Free bets often come with restrictions, such as:
- Expiry date: you must place your first real-money wager or use your bet within an allotted time, typically between 7 and 30 days.
- Minimum odds: the free bet is valid only for lines with certain minimum odds. Luckily, none of the best Indiana sports betting sites impose this limit.
- Eligible markets: some bookies limit the range of markets eligible for a free bet token.
No deposit bets
The most coveted type of welcome promotion. A no deposit bonus is a free bet you receive in return for simply opening an account with a sportsbook. This bonus is rare; you’re unlikely to run into it at the best Indiana sportsbooks. Nevertheless, if you find one in the wild, remember that it’s likely subject to similar restrictions as a standard free bet.
Other types of bonuses you’ll find at Indiana sports betting online stes include enhanced odds, boosted profits, reload bonuses, and loyalty bonuses.
|Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Minimum Odds|
|Betonline.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||Not required||2.5|
|Bovada||100% Bitcoin deposit match up to $1000||BVD1000||2|
|BetUS||125% sportsbook deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||2.8|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||Not required||2|
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||2|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||2.5|
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||2.6|
|GT Bets||100% deposit match up to $500||BOS50||2|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||2.5|
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods for Indiana Betting
Deposits and withdrawals are the circulatory system of online sports betting. All reputable sportsbooks in Indiana allow you to top off your bankroll using credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal. However, beyond these basic options, there’s quite a lot of variety in terms of available banking options.
The minimum deposit and withdrawal limits also vary; Most bookies have a minimum deposit between $5 and $10 and a minimum withdrawal of around $10.
Refer to the table below for information on available banking options and applicable restrictions at our recommended Indiana bookmakers:
|Sportsbook||Deposit and Withdrawal Methods||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal||Payout Time|
|BetOnline||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, money order, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple||$10||$100||1-48 hours|
|MyBookie||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum||$25||$100||1-48 hours|
|Bovada||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin||$10||$500||1-24 hours|
|BetUS||MasterCard, Visa, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum||$10||$100||1-24 hours|
|XBet||VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, Bitcoin||$25||$100||24-48 hours|
Indiana Mobile Betting Apps
Smartphones are ubiquitous. Because of that, finding a regional sportsbook that doesn’t offer an Indiana sports betting app compatible with iOS and Android devices verges on impossibility.
These mobile applications come integrated with geolocation software, which the sportsbook uses to confirm your presence inside Indiana borders before allowing you to place real-money bets. This verification is necessary for the bookie to comply with regional sports betting laws.
If you’re looking for the best Indiana sports betting app, we strongly recommend MyBookie. Its application works seamlessly on smartphones and tablets of any screen size, providing a user-friendly interface that lets you place simple and complicated wagers in seconds.
Live Betting & Streaming in Indiana
Each of our five top picks offers live betting and streaming services, though in different scope.
The good news is that live wagering and streaming are available through both the desktop and mobile versions of the top betting providers.
How to Compare Indiana Sportsbooks
Range of markets
A sportsbook failed to make our “top” list unless it offered all the popular betting markets, including moneylines, spreads, totals, parlays, and props, to name some.
Sportsbooks are intimately aware of the preferences of Indiana bettors, which is why you’ll see a lot of market overlap between bookies. Still, individual bookmakers tend to prioritize specific markets over others.
Overall, you’ll experience the whole gamut of betting markets at each of our top sportsbooks, but because differences within individual events are always possible, we recommend you expand your choices by signing up with several providers.
The best Hoosier State bookies offer an array of deposit and withdrawal methods. At the very least, we expect a provider to support payments via credit cards and PayPal and to process withdrawals in less than seven days. We awarded bonus points to bookies that also accept gift cards or PayNearMe.
Overall, there’s a lot of variety between bookies in terms of payment methods, so make sure to consult the “Deposit & Withdrawal Methods For Indiana Betting” section above for details.
Live betting & streaming
No sportsbook is worth recommending in this day and age unless it offers live wagering options and, ideally, live streaming to boot. All bookies we recommend above offer live betting and streaming in some capacity.
Licensing & security
Each betting site on our list is run by a company that complies with Indiana gambling laws, but you can rest assured that depositing with our recommended sportsbooks is safe.
Sportsbooks at Indiana Casinos
- Ameristar Casino Hotel – 777 Aldis Avenue, East Chicago
- Blue Chip Casino – 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City
- Caesars Southern Indiana – 11999 Casino Center Drive Se, Elizabeth
- French Lick Resort Casino – 8670 IN-56, French Lick
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park – 4500 Dan Patch Circle, Anderson
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg – 777 Hollywood Blvd., Lawrenceburg
- Horseshoe Hammond – 777 Casino Center Drive, Hammond
- Indiana Grand Casino – 4300 N. Michigan Road
- Rising Star Casino Resort – 777 Rising Star Drive, Rising Sun
- TropicanA Evansville – 421 NW Riverside Drive, Evansville
- Winner’s Circle Clarksville – 650 Eastern Blvd., Clarksville
- Winner’s Circle Indianapolis – 20 N. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis
- Winner’s Circle New Haven – 1304 Minnich Road, New Haven
Indiana sports betting is alive, kicking, and showing no signs of slowing down. New sportsbooks are bound to pop up in the coming years, and as market competition intensifies, bettors are bound to profit. Sign up with one of our recommended bookies and take advantage of the hype today!
Is online sports betting legal in Indiana?
What is the legal gambling age in Indiana?
Who oversees IN sports betting?
Is mobile sports betting available in Indiana?
Where can I bet on sports in Indiana?
NBA Team Salaries
- Jeffrey Jordan allegedly assaulted hospital workers after falling
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: “LeBron is still the best player in the world”
- Isaiah Austin joins league office after NBA denied him the chance to play
- 2022 NBA MVP Odds: Top 5 Value Picks and Best Bet
- Free WNBA Playoffs Picks: Second Playoff Round – predictions and odds