Since 2019, Indiana sports betting has been thriving in Hoosier State. This guide invites you to browse our list of Top 10 Indiana sportsbooks, where you can learn more about offshore sportsbooks.
We provide a list of the top regionally regulated bookmakers and a detailed overview of the pros and cons of each one. You also learn the pivotal moments that led to legalized Indiana sports betting. This IN sports betting guide highlights popular banking methods, sports promotions, and betting strategies at our listed sportsbooks.
|75% Crypto Deposit Bonus up to $750||Get Offer|
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|$750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses)||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $300||Get Offer|
|125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000||Get Offer|
- 1 The Best Indiana Sportsbook Sites List 2022
- 2 Best Indiana Online Sports Betting Sites Reviewed
- 2.1 1. Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site Overall for 2022
- 2.2 2. BetOnline – An Elite Offshore Sportsbook with an Excellent Bonus
- 2.3 3.Everygame – Best Indiana Sports Site for Parlay Betting
- 2.4 4. MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting Online App
- 2.5 5. BetNow – Best Utah Online Sports Betting Site for NFL games
- 2.6 6. BetUS – Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for NBA
- 2.7 7. XBet – Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for Horse Racing
- 3 More on gambling in Indiana…
- 4 Timeline: Legal Indiana Sports Betting Movements
- 5 Indiana Sports Betting Sites Comparison
- 6 Discover Our Top Betting Guides
- 7 Who can Bet on Sports in Indiana
- 8 How to Bet on Sports in Indiana
- 9 Is Sports Betting Legal in Indiana?
- 10 When will Betting be Legal in Indiana?
- 11 Sports Betting Guides State by State
- 12 May 2019 Ballot HB 1015 Legalized Sports Betting in Indiana
- 13 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Indiana
- 14 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Indiana
- 15 Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
- 16 Payment Methods available at Indiana Betting Sites
- 17 Bonuses available at Indiana Sports Betting Sites
- 18 Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our Reviews
- 19 Popular Sports to Bet on in Indiana
- 19.1 Break the Tackle with Elite NFL Betting
- 19.2 Rebound the Winning NBA Sports Bet
- 19.3 Hit a Homerun with Premium Major League Baseball Gambling
- 19.4 Skate to Victory with NHL Sports Betting
- 19.5 Placing the Winning Bet on College Basketball
- 19.6 Rush for the Touchdown with College Football Betting
- 19.7 Swing the Golf Irons with Winning Golf Bets
- 19.8 Gallop to the Finish Line with Horse Racing Bets
- 20 Daily Fantasy Sports Gambling in Indiana
- 21 Live Betting with Indiana Sports Betting Sites
- 22 Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
- 23 Bets that are Illegal in Indiana
- 24 How Indiana Sports Betting Competes Against its Neighbors
- 25 Casinos with Sports Betting in Indiana
- 26 More on Indiana Gambling
- 27 The Best Online Sportsbook for Indiana
- 28 FAQs
- 28.1 Is online sports betting legal in Indiana?
- 28.2 What is the legal gambling age in Indiana?
- 28.3 Who oversees IN sports betting?
- 28.4 Is mobile sports betting available in Indiana?
- 28.5 Where can I bet on sports in Indiana?
- 28.6 Is online gambling legal in Indiana?
- 28.7 How to bet on sports in Indiana?
- 28.8 Is DraftKings legal in Indiana?
The Best Indiana Sportsbook Sites List 2022
Here are the top ten Indiana sports betting sites as per our research:
- Bovada – Top Indiana sports betting site overall for 2022
- BetOnline – An elite offshore sportsbook with an excellent bonus
- Everygame – Best Indiana sports site for parlay betting
- MyBookie – Best Indiana sports betting app
- BetNow – Highly competitive odds at this Indiana sportsbook
- BetUS – Overall best Indiana sports betting site for NBA
- XBet – Best sports betting Indiana site for horse racing
- BUSR – Excellent racing features at this Indiana sportsbook
- Jazzsports – One of the best Indiana sites for Horse racing betting options
- Sportsbetting.ag – One of the best new sites for sports betting in Indiana
Best Indiana Online Sports Betting Sites Reviewed
For a more detailed look at our top five sportsbooks in Indiana, see below:
1. Bovada – Top Indiana Sports Betting Site Overall for 2022
Bovada is a large and reputable Indiana sports betting site. If you’re not a seasoned bettor then they offer excellent sports betting guides for new bettors to get you started which is one of the reasons it features so highly in our rankings.
This sportsbook is well known for NBA coverage and NBA betting. With an impressive prop builder function, Pacers fans have many parlay options to choose from to keep bets exciting and interesting. You can also wager 24/7 and customer support is available at all hours should you need them.
In terms of the welcome bonus, there is a decent deposit match with low rollover requirements which you can claim using the Bovada promo code INSIDERS. Bovada is also famed for its amazing bitcoin bonus, which new users can take advantage of to place bets across their site! This easily makes it our favorite for bitcoin betting sites in Indiana.
What we like:
- Big Bitcoin promo for sports betting Indiana customers
- Detailed betting guides
- Extensive sports coverage – the type of sportsbook Indianapolis Colts fans will enjoy
- Dedicated casino and poker sections
What we don’t:
- Lower welcome offer for cash deposits than other online sportsbooks IN
2. BetOnline – An Elite Offshore Sportsbook with an Excellent Bonus
BetOnline is our favorite Indiana sports betting platform for NBA betting. You can wager on live games as well as the NBA draft, it carries great odds and a mammoth range of prop bets, which can make some interesting and exciting parlays during the NBA season. Coverage and wager options are similar across other sports like NFL, baseball, and martial arts.
BetOnline also offers a very safe and secure betting environment so you can wager in confidence at a trusted site. They also have great customer service support with a 24/7 live chat function, making it one of our top choices for online sports betting in Indiana.
What we like:
- Great customer service
- In-game betting and live streaming
- In-depth coverage of Major US leagues
- Great for NBA betting
What we don’t:
- Mobile app not as good as some others on offer at the best Indiana sportsbooks
3.Everygame – Best Indiana Sports Site for Parlay Betting
Everygame sportsbook has been doing business since the mid-nineties. Headquartered in Antigua, the bookmaker is known for offering some of the best reduced-juice lines, allowing you to extract more value out of your wagers making it one of the top Indiana sports betting sites.
Everygame is the perfect place to bet on the Pacers or the Colts as it has in-depth markets on all major US sports and leagues. There is also a huge range of other sports, leagues, and esports available. With this wide range of sports plus its bet booster feature that shows popular bets available to boost up your odds, it’s the ideal site for parlays betting.
In-play betting had grown in popularity and Everygame is one of the best sites to bet on action already underway. The odds they offer are some of the best available and it’s easy to keep an eye on all of the action on their multiview feature on their website, which lets you track multiple games plus the lines and spreads on offer.
One key factor many punters look for when choosing what site to use is bonuses and Everygame has some great ones. Every new user can claim a welcome bonus up to $750 using the promo code INSIDERS. Returning users also have access to some fantastic promotions including free NFL bets, the Parlay-prince, and rebates to name just a few.
What we like:
- Great reputation and longevity
- Solid sports and esports offering
- In-depth coverage of Major US leagues
- “Hot Bets” filter
What we don’t:
- Below-average welcome bonus
- No live streaming
4. MyBookie – Best Indiana Sports Betting Online App
Another popular and well-established Online sports betting Indiana site is MyBookie. Major US sports leagues are covered in great detail and you can even wager on huge international events like the Olympics!
As well as providing an extremely comprehensive web-based platform, MyBookie also offers a robust betting app that has been designed to ensure that you can place your wager, edit and add parlays to your virtual betting slip with simplicity.
If you’re looking for a sportsbook in Indiana that offers generous promotions, then MyBookie offers a large deposit match bonus of $1,000. They also have a generous referal bonus, as well as casino and reload promotions!
What we like:
- Top mobile betting app
- Great selection of sportsbook promotions for those Indiana sports betting online
- Wide range of supported payment options
- Some of the best odds available at IN online betting sites
What we don’t:
- Small choice of esports when it comes to online sports betting in Indiana
- No live streaming
5. BetNow – Best Utah Online Sports Betting Site for NFL games
While BetNow is a relatively new Indiana sports betting site, it has managed to establish a loyal fanbase. Besides having a competitive overall gambling product, the bookie has excellent BetNow promo codes with low rollover requirements. So, whether you’re only just signing up or you’ve been wagering at the sportsbook for a while, you’ll find top value.
BetNow offers a top-notch gambling experience for Indiana’s sports betting users looking to wager on the premier US leagues: NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. They have some of the best moneylines on NFL and the NCAA. If you plan to bet on more niche European sports, however, you might not be as impressed as options are limited to mostly soccer.
BetNow offers simple and easy-to-use live betting on a well-designed web interface. Their spreads and totals are constantly updated and any bets are graded and credited to your account in real-time. For these reasons, it’s one of the most user-friendly sites to wager on in-play betting so place your bets on Jonathan Taylor to score the next touchdown here.
One area where BetNow shines in is the selection of banking options. You can deposit via a wide range of payment processors, including major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Bitcoin is one of the few crypto options available. The minimum deposit amount is a reasonable $20 and bettors can deposit as much as $40,000 at a time.
What we like:
- User-friendly website
- Accounts credited in real time
- Generous promo codes
- Flexible banking options
What we don’t:
- Limited coverage of non-US sports
6. BetUS – Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for NBA
With BetUS you can bag a huge 125% up to $3,125 offer, this is a combined 100% sports bonus and 25% casino bonus, this can be yours if you sign up with the BetUS promo code INSIDERS! This bonus can be used across a range of sports markets and casino games, on both the web platform and mobile betting app!
There are also some great promotions for existing customers after you’ve signed up. One that stands out is a very generous reload bonus on every crypto deposit made, there is also a very competitive referral bonus!
If you’re after a sportsbook with a wide variety of promos, BetUS certainly has the best bonuses in the industry and is surely one to consider and is also offers one of the best Indiana online casinos.
What we like:
- Biggest bonuses in the industry
- Vast sports markets coverage
- Latest in sports betting news
What we don’t:
- Esports not available at this Indiana online betting site
7. XBet – Best Indiana Sports Betting Site for Horse Racing
XBet is our top choice if you’re looking for a sportsbook in Indiana for racing betting in a big way, you can get up to a 7% cash rebate when you wager across any qualifying tracks, it’s also always paid daily.
The welcome offer is somewhat smaller when compared to others, but with the daily horse racing rebate, coupled with an unlimited refer a friend bonus, there are still a sizeable amount of promotions on offer here.
XBet is one of the best Indiana sports betting sites when it comes to crypto, as you can both deposit and withdraw in a range of major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. It’s also known for its quick payouts, so you can enjoy your winnings as quickly as possible!
What we like:
- Daily horse race betting cash rebate
- Accepts major cryptocurrencies
- Perhaps the best sportsbook in Indiana for quick payouts
What we don’t:
- Smaller welcome bonus than other sportsbooks in Indiana
More on gambling in Indiana…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Indiana in our expert guides below:
Timeline: Legal Indiana Sports Betting Movements
Indiana wasted no time in sanctioning sports betting in The Hoosier State in 2019, becoming the 13th state to do so. We highlight the essential moments that lead to the legalizing of sports gambling in IN.
- February 14, 2022: The Indiana Gaming Commission reports $498.4 million worth of receipts in January. This is a 43.5% increase from the previous January total.
- January 24, 2022: The Indiana Gaming Commission sanctions gambling on the 2022 Winter Olympics at authorized Indiana casinos. This also applies to mobile sports betting operators.
- May 14, 2021: Tipico, a sportsbook in Malta formally launch its betting app in Indiana with its partner Caesars Entertainment. This app is expected to be available in 2022.
- April 20, 2021: TwinSpires launches through its partnership with Churchill Downs.
- March 2021: WynnBET Casino is granted a sports betting license by the IN Gaming Commission.
- October 2019: DraftKings and BetRivers open shop and begin accepting sports bets. Indiana opens up to mobile sports betting.
- September 1, 2019: Sports betting officially launches in Indiana.
- May 8, 2019: Governor Holcom signs the IN sports betting bill HB 1015 into law.
- 2016: Daily Fantasy Sports become legal in Indiana
- 2015: riverboat casinos transform into permanent land fixtures.
- 1994: The Pokagon Band of the Potawatomi Indians tribe is federally recognized. After two decades of a drawn-out legal battle, the tribe opened its first casino in the state, The Four Winds South Bend.
- 1993: In a bid to alleviate mounting budget concerns, lawmakers allow riverboat casinos. Eleven riverboats float into the state’s gambling harbor.
- 1989 – 1991: Several attempts at legalizing casinos pass the House but die in the Senate.
- 1989: Lawmakers make use of a loophole to legalize pari-mutuel horse race betting.
- 1988: Voters approve a constitutional amendment that lifts the ban on state lotteries.
Indiana Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Now we have uncovered our top IN sports betting sites, let’s compare the types of bonuses, markets, and features they offer:
|Sportsbook||Sign-Up Bonus||Bonus Code||Sports to bet on||Live Betting||Live Streaming|
|Bovada||75% 3x up to $750||N/A||50||✅||✅|
|BetOnline||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||50+||✅||✅|
|Everygame||3x $250 up to $750||INSIDERS||40+||✅||❌|
|MyBookie||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||❌|
|BetNow||150% up to $300||INSIDERS||40+||✅||❌|
|BetUS||100% up to $2,500||INSIDERS||40+||✅||✅|
|XBet||50% up to $500||N/A||30+||✅||❌|
|BUSR||100% up to $1, 000||INSIDERS||35+||✅||❌|
|Jazz||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||✅|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% up to $1, 000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||✅|
Discover Our Top Betting Guides
Who can Bet on Sports in Indiana
Hoosiers are free to gamble on sports at authorized sports casinos in the state, provided they are at least 21. They can also register an account with one of our listed sportsbooks. Typically, these sports betting sites have a minimum age of 21.
How to Bet on Sports in Indiana
Setting up an account with one of our touted sportsbooks isn’t daunting. In mere minutes Hoosiers can get up and running placing bets on their favorite sports team or at the race track. We walk you through step by step, from registration to the bet slip.
1. Take the Time to Learn the Rules
While each sportsbook reserves the right to make its own rules, for the most part, they all operate in a similar fashion. Reading the rules and the terms and conditions can go a long way toward keeping your account in good standing. We strongly recommend Hoosiers take this initial step prior to creating their accounts.
2. Create your Account
You must have an account before you can make the first sports bet or a payment. So the next move for Hoosiers is to create their accounts. You can typically find the registration link, also referred to as join, at the top of the screen and in the footer section.
3. It’s Time to Make a Payment
After successfully creating your account, the step is to make a payment. Making your deposit is the key to cashing in on the sportsbook’s generous sports promotions. Our mentioned sportsbooks all offer a variety of payment gateways for Indianers to use swiftly.
4. Choose Your Sports Promotion
Now that you’ve made your deposit, it’s time to apply the sports promotions. Our partners’ sportsbooks offer welcome packages, including BetUS’s 100% welcome prize of up to $1,000. The welcome bonus is usually the first bonus available to new members. Just enter the appropriate bonus code at the cashier to cash in on the promotion.
5. Fill out your Bet Slip
The final step is to fill your actual bet. Sports betting sites have many types of bets, some of which include parlays, extensive futures bets, and so much more. Players can recall all of their betting histories through their bet slips.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Indiana?
Yes, Indiana sports betting has been legal since 2019. Currently, Indiana has 11 terrestrial sportsbook casinos operating, with more slated to open. Hoosiers are free to gamble on all sports, including auto sports like the Indie 500. High school sports, however, are prohibited.
When will Betting be Legal in Indiana?
As of May 8, 2019, Indiana sports betting has been legal. The caveat, however, is that Hoosiers can’t gamble on high school sports.
Sports Betting Guides State by State
May 2019 Ballot HB 1015 Legalized Sports Betting in Indiana
While more states contend to legalize sports betting in their respective states, IN legalized it in 2019. Next, we highlight the key supporters of bill HB 1015 and its chief opponents.
Major Daily Fantasy Sports companies like DraftKings were some of the strongest supporters since the federal sports ban was overturned in 2018. Also, the 13 Tribal Casinos currently operating in the state lobbied for legal sports betting. IN’s riverboat casinos also stood to gain mightily with organized sports gambling.
The naysayers in Indiana’s State Congress expressed concern that permitting mobile sports betting might give minors easy access. In October 2019, Indiana sanctioned mobile sports betting despite these objections.
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Indiana
Indiana became the second midwest state to formalize sports betting and the 13th state overall to do so. When the Supreme Court struck down the federal ban on sports gambling (PAPSA), Indiana, the following year, voted overwhelmingly for organized sports gambling. We highlight Indiana’s monumental bill HB 1015.
- HB 1015 – The bill that brought organized sports gambling to the Hoosier State. A few months later, amendments were added to permit mobile sports gambling. This bill doesn’t cover high school sports.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Indiana
As of August 2021, all gambling winnings accrued in Indiana are subject to the state’s personal income tax of 3.23%. Furthermore, casinos, riverboats, and other gambling venues withhold 24%-25% of winnings and use them to settle federal tax obligations.
Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
Payment Methods available at Indiana Betting Sites
Having user-friendly banking options is vital for a sportsbook’s success. The sports betting sites in this article all offer a variety of payment gateways that are simple to use and process payments instantly. We walk you through the top payment options.
Crypto Betting Options
Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin can be set up immediately through a Bitcoin wallet. Sites like Bovada have Bitcoin guides to walk you through the process. Sportsbooks like BetOnline and BetUS also feature alternative currencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin Casin, and Litecoin, to name a few.
eWallet Betting Options
eWallet options like Neteller and Skrill are viable and popular eWallets. Hoosiers can easily set them up through a valid email and a ready way to transfer funds into them. In addition, Bovada offers the eWallet, PayPal.
Traditional Payment Methods at Indiana Betting Sites
Visa and MasterCard represent the staple credit options. Most sports betting sites also allow users to use the debit equivalents. You will need a credit card authorization on file before using these free options. Sports betting sites like Bovada, BetUS, and XBet also offer American Express and Discover Card.
Bonuses available at Indiana Sports Betting Sites
There’s no shortage of sports promotions awaiting Hoosiers. Sports welcome bonuses, reloads, risk-free bets, and more, all serve to help augment sports wagers. We break down all of the rewarding promotions awaiting you at offshore sportsbooks.
The Sports Welcome
The sports welcome package is typically the first sports promotion awaiting you at your preferred sportsbook. BetOnline for example offers a generous sports welcome of up to $1,000. XBet offers new members including Hoosiers, a sports starter prize up to $500.
The Sports Reload
All members of an offshore sportsbook benefit tremendously from reload and rebate bonuses. These prizes are designed to return a percentage of a member’s incurred losses into their accounts. The distinguished offshore sportsbooks in this article feature sports rebates. For example, XBet and BetOnline both have sports reloads up to $250.
Horse Racing Risk-Free Bets
Racetracks are a staple at sports betting sites, which is valid for the ones mentioned in this article. Bovada, XBet, and BetOnline deliver interactive horse racing tracks daily. XBet and BetOnline further stand out with daily horse rebate promotions. BetOnline slights edge out XBet with a 9% daily rebate, but both offer a $25 risk-free bet.
Risk-Free Live Bets
Any time you wager money, there’s a chance that you might lose and become shy placing other bets. To help mitigate that, sports betting sites like XBet and BetOnline have $25 risk-free bets on your first live bet. This is another reason why these esteemed sportsbooks rank so highly on our list.
Sports betting sites offer seasonal sports contests based on the current sport. Typical sports contests include March Madness tournament brackets, the NFL and NBA playoffs, and prestigious golf tournaments like The Masters.
Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our Reviews
Popular Sports to Bet on in Indiana
The Hoosier State is home to prized professional sports and storied college programs. It is also a haven for motorsports, like NASCAR, and so much more. We highlight some of the top professional and collegiate sports that Hoosiers can gamble on.
Break the Tackle with Elite NFL Betting
NFL betting is available in-state and through offshore sportsbooks. All sports betting sites listed here offer competitive NFL bets, but we fill BetUS with the most comprehensive sports betting promotions. In addition, BetOnline has competitive live betting, NFL futures like the draft, odds, and Moneyline bets.
The Hoosier State is home to the Indianapolis Colts.
- Indianapolis Colts – Relocated from Baltimore in 1984. Between Baltimore and Indianapolis, the Colts have two Super Bowl Wins and Hall Of Fame quarterbacks, Johnny Unitas and Peyton Manning.
Rebound the Winning NBA Sports Bet
The Hoosier State and Indianers proudly call the NBA’s Indiana Pacers home. Here’s a brief history of the Indiana Pacers.
- Indiana Pacers – They were first established in 1967 in the ABA. The Pacers were among the four ABA teams to survive the 1976 NBA merger. Reggie Miller, Alex English, Mel Daniels, and George McGinnis are Pacer Hall Of Famers.
Hit a Homerun with Premium Major League Baseball Gambling
Major League Baseball sports gambling is available at sanctioned state casinos and our offshore sportsbooks. However, we strongly recommend Hoosiers place their baseball bets at BetOnline. This sportsbook stands out with extravagant live betting options, player props, and baseball futures like Cy Young winners.
The Hoosier State doesn’t have a professional baseball team. Because parts of the state border Illinois, many Indianers can root and gamble on the Chicago White Sox and the Chicago Cubs.
Skate to Victory with NHL Sports Betting
Hoosiers can place sports bets on NHL games, in-state and through one of our listed sportsbooks. We highly recommend Hoosiers place hockey bets at BetOnline. BetOnline delivers comprehensive hockey futures, like conference championships, and Stanley Cup Playoffs contests.
Indiana doesn’t have an NHL team. Hoosiers support and can place sports bets on the neighboring Chicago Blackhawks.
Placing the Winning Bet on College Basketball
Indiana is home to some of America’s more storied college programs, especially college basketball. We highlight the premier college basketball betting options from division one.
- University of Indiana – The subject of the inspirational film “Hoosiers,” the Indiana Hoosiers have won five NCAA championships. Legendary coach Bobby Knight and NBA Hall Of Famer Isaiah Thomas helped revitalize this storied program.
- Indiana State – The Sycamores is the alma mater of Boston Celtics legend, Larry Bird.
- Ball State – The Cardinals have made seven NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Butler University – The Bulldogs compete in the Atlantic 10 Conference.
- University of Evansville – The Purple Aces have five NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Indiana University: Purdue University Indianapolis – The Jaguars have one NCAA Tournament selection.
- Notre Dame – The Fighting Irish have 28 March Madness appearances and two Final Four matches.
- Purdue University – The Boilermakers have made the Final Four twice, but have yet to win an NCAA title game.
- Purdue University Fort Wayne – The Mastodons are still seeking their first March Madness Tournament.
- Valparaiso University – The Beacons compete in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Rush for the Touchdown with College Football Betting
College football is highly popular in Indiana. Hoosiers can make college football bets at all of our offshore sportsbooks. While they are up to the task, we firmly believe in BetOnline as the number one choice. BetOnline has supreme college football contests and in-depth college football futures.
We highlight the major college football programs in the Hoosier State.
- Valparaiso University – The Beacons first hit the field in 1919.
- Ball State University – The Cardinals have played in eight division one bowl games.
- Butler University – The Bulldogs compete in the Football Championship Subdivision.
- Indiana University – The Hoosiers have played in twelve bowl games.
- Indiana State – The Sycamores compete in the Missouri Valley Conference
- Notre Dame – The Fighting Irish is one of the most storied college football programs in the nation. This program has 11 National Champtionships and a long list of NFL standouts including Tim Brown.
- Purdue University – The Boilermakers have 12 conference championships and is the alma mater of prolific NFL passer Drew Brews.
Swing the Golf Irons with Winning Golf Bets
Our offshore sportsbooks all offer and accept competitive golf wagers. Hoosiers have many ways and chances at offshore sportsbooks like BetOnline, to place in-game golf bets and extended golf futures.
We highlight some of Indiana’s notable golf tournaments.
- PGA Tournament of Champions Regional Division – Operates out of Fort Wayne, IN
- Indiana PGA Southern Open – Plays in French Lick, IN
- US Open Local Qualifier – Takes place this year in South Bend and Indianapolis
- Indiana PGA Indianapolis Open – Occurs in Fishers, IN
Gallop to the Finish Line with Horse Racing Bets
Hoosiers are free to place their horse racing bets with any of our listed betting sites. BetUS, XBet, Bovada, and BetOnline, have detailed daily track info and glossaries to break them down for you. There are also risk-free and rebate bonuses available at XBet and Bovada.
In 1989, Indiana sanctioned horse racing gambling in the state. Here are the major horse race tracks, including off-track sites in The Hoosier State.
- Hoosier Park in Anderson
- Indiana Downs in Shelbyville
- Winners Circle OTB in Clarksville
- Winners Circle OTB in Indianapolis
- The Winners Circle OTB in New Haven
Daily Fantasy Sports Gambling in Indiana
DFS contests have been legal in Indiana since 2016 and are contained within Indiana Code IC 4-33-24. We list the top Daily Fantasy Sports operators in Indiana.
- Monkey Knife Fight
Live Betting with Indiana Sports Betting Sites
Live betting is an important aspect of any reputable sports betting site. All the sports betting sites mentioned here offer rewarding and competitive live betting. Still, we believe that BetOnline offers the total package for live betting, offering a $25 risk-free bet for initial live bets, and in-depth odds bets at big events like the Kentucky Derby.
Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
Bets that are Illegal in Indiana
While Hoosiers are free to gamble in-state on professional and collegiate sports, including horse racing, and boxing. Hoosiers are unable to place bets on high school teams in the state. Residents of Indiana are free to register and join any of our offshore bookies to place their bets.
How Indiana Sports Betting Competes Against its Neighbors
Illinois sportsbooks are legal and open to residents since 2020, but Hoosiers are also free to venture there and place their sports bets. Indianers are also free to proceed to the Buckeye State when Ohio’s sportsbooks eventually open to its residents. Ohio legalized sports betting in December 2021.
Michigan sportsbooks have been open since 2021. Hoosiers can journey to Michigan if they so desire to gamble on professional and collegiate sports. Kentucky sportsbooks won’t be opening for the remainder of 2022 and possibly beyond. Kentucky’s state legislature failed to pass a viable sports bill before their session ended.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Indiana
There are numerous, Indiana casino sports betting sites, including converted riverboats. We’ve detailed Indiana’s operating retail sportsbooks for you.
- Blue Chip Casino – 777 Blue Chip Drive, Michigan City
- Caesars Southern Indiana – 11999 Casino Center Drive Se, Elizabeth
- French Lick Resort Casino – 8670 IN-56, French Lick
- Harrah’s Hoosier Park – 4500 Dan Patch Circle, Anderson
- Horseshoe Hammond – 777 Casino Center Drive, Hammond
- Indiana Grand Casino – 4300 N. Michigan Road
- Rising Star Casino Resort – 777 Rising Star Drive, Rising Sun
- Tropicana Evansville – 421 NW Riverside Drive, Evansville
- Winner’s Circle Clarksville – 650 Eastern Blvd., Clarksville
- Winner’s Circle Indianapolis – 20 N. Pennsylvania St., Indianapolis
- Winner’s Circle New Haven – 1304 Minnich Road, New Haven
- Ameristar Sportsbook Indiana + Casino Hotel – 777 Aldis Avenue, East Chicago
- Hollywood Casino Sportsbook Indiana, Lawrenceburg – 777 Hollywood Blvd., Lawrenceburg
More on Indiana Gambling
The Hoosier State accepts many forms of gambling within its borders. We highlight them for you.
- Best online casinos in Indiana
- Online gambling in Indiana
- Horse racing in Indiana
- Casino apps in Indiana
- Online poker in Indiana
The Best Online Sportsbook for Indiana
Indiana sports betting is alive, kicking, and showing no signs of slowing down. New sportsbooks are bound to pop up in the coming years, and as market competition intensifies, bettors are bound to profit. So sign up with one of our top choice BetUS, and receive a sports welcome bonus of up to $2,500.
|125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500||Get Offer|
Is online sports betting legal in Indiana?
Yes, it is. Several sportsbooks offer legal online sports betting in IN.
What is the legal gambling age in Indiana?
Who oversees IN sports betting?
The Sports Wagering and Paid Fantasy Sports Division oversees all fantasy sports and wagering activities in Indiana.
Is mobile sports betting available in Indiana?
Where can I bet on sports in Indiana?
You can bet at land-based casinos, at riverboat casinos, online with one of the bookies we recommend on this page, or with one of the many offshore bookmakers that are open to Indiana residents.
Is online gambling legal in Indiana?
Yes, online gambling has been legal in Indiana for some time. However, at present, it’s still illegal to wager on esports.
How to bet on sports in Indiana?
Residents of the state of Indiana have several options available to them when it comes to betting on sports: First off, it’s possible to wager on regulated sportsbooks such as DraftKings and Betrivers in Indiana state. Then, there are offshore sites to consider such as BetUS and BetOnline. Finally, it’s possible to visit several Indiana sports betting locations to wager in the flesh – popular choices include Hollywood Lawrenceburg Sportsbook Casino and the BarStool Ameristar
Is DraftKings legal in Indiana?
Yes, DraftKings began to legally operate as an Indiana online sportsbook in 2019.
- Lakers have ‘seriously considered’ trading Russell Westbrook
- Adelaide 36ers become first NBL team to defeat an NBA team
- Ben Simmons to make Brooklyn Nets debut vs 76ers on Monday
- Heat, Tyler Herro agree to four-year, $120 million contract extension
- Jaylen Brown leads Celtics to 134-93 preseason win vs Hornets