Legalized Kentucky sports betting is coming down to the wire for Kentucky’s legislature to pass bill HB 606. This bill must be voted on before the end of Kentucky’s session this Thursday, April 14th, 2022.
Despite being home to world-class sports events like the Kentucky Derby, state sports gambling in the Bluegrass State is still illegal. So instead, Kentuckians can turn to the top-rated offshore sportsbooks listed in this article. We break down all the essential sports wagering for Kentucky residents and some winning sports betting strategies.
- 1 Timeline: Legal Kentucky Sports Betting Movements
- 2 The Best Kentucky Sports Betting Sites Ranked
- 3 Best Kentucky Sports Betting Sites 2022
- 4 Top Kentucky Sportsbooks Reviewed
- 4.1 1. Bovada – Best Overall Sportsbook for Kentucky Sports Betting
- 4.2 2) BetOnline – Great Kentucky Sports Betting Odds and Lines
- 4.3 3. MyBookie – Best for New and Existing Kentucky Betting Promotions
- 4.4 4. BetNow – Great for college football betting
- 4.5 5. BetUS – Brilliant VIP/Loyalty Section for Kentucky Sports Betting Punters
- 4.6 6. XBet – Strong Sportsbook for NBA and NFL Kentucky Betting
- 5 More on gambling in Kentucky...
- 6 Kentucky Sports Betting Sites Comparison
- 7 Discover Our Top Betting Guides
- 8 Who can Bet on Sports in Kentucky?
- 9 How to Bet on Sports in Kentucky
- 10 Is Sports Betting Legal in in Kentucky?
- 11 When will Betting be Legal in Kentucky?
- 12 Sports Betting Guides State by State
- 13 April, 2022, Ballot HB 606 could Legalize Sports Betting in Kentucky
- 14 Previous Sports Betting Bills in Kentucky
- 15 Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Kentucky
- 16 Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
- 17 Payment Methods available at Kentucky Betting Sites
- 18 Popular Sports to Bet on in Kentucky
- 18.1 Catch the Winning Touchdown with NFL Betting
- 18.2 Pass the Winning Bet with Thrilling NBA Betting
- 18.3 Swing for the Fences with Premium Major League Baseball Betting
- 18.4 Score the Winning Puck with NHL Betting
- 18.5 Shoot to Win with Fantastic NCAA Basketball Bets
- 18.6 Pick up the First Down with College Football Bets
- 18.7 Score a Hole In One with Elite Golf Betting
- 18.8 Gallop to Greatness with Elite Horse Racing Gambling
- 18.9 Cash in with Daily Fantasy Sports
- 19 Live Betting with Kentucky Sports Betting Sites
- 20 Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
- 21 Bets that are Illegal in Kentucky
- 22 How Kentucky Sports Betting Competes Against Its Rivals
- 23 Casinos with Sports Betting in Kentucky
- 24 More on Kentucky Gambling
- 25 Overall Best Kentucky Online Sportsbook
- 26 FAQ
Timeline: Legal Kentucky Sports Betting Movements
At this moment, Kentucky’s congress is vigorously trying to pass a sports betting bill. We highlight the essential movements and gestures to bring organized sports gambling to the Bluegrass State.
- April 13, 2022: Kentucky’s legislature is feverishly try to vote on passing bill HB 606 to legalize sports betting.
- March 29, 2022: Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer considers passing bill HB 606 as a long shot.
- Feb. 28, 2022: Rep. Adam Koenig unveils Kentucky sports betting bill HB 606. This bill strives to sanction online and retail sports betting, with daily fantasy sports and online poker.
- Feb. 23, 2022: Sen. David Yates submits bill SB 213, that would legalize retail and mobile sports betting in the state along with online poker.
- 2021: A second effort to push the bill through falls short and is blamed on the additional priorities that COVID has brought within the house, adjourning any decisions to run again until 2022.
- Jan. 9, 2021: House Bill 241 is brought to the House. HB 241 aims to legalize sports betting, online poker, and daily fantasy sports in the state.
- 2020: Minimal opposition came about from a bill delivered by Rep. Adam Koenig to legalize sports betting within the state. By March the pandemic had hit, and the bill was pushed to one side given the severity of COVID.
- Jan. 7, 2020: House Bill 137 is submitted to legalize sports betting, online poker, and daily fantasy sports, but it ultimately fails.
- 2018: Federal wagering ban removed, and Kentucky hotly tipped to become one of the first states to take advantage of this even without any brick-and-mortar casinos.
- 1988: First state lottery started
- 1930‘s: Parimutuel betting starts to really take off in the state and horse racing tracks gain huge popularity as a result.
- 1875: Opening of Churchill Downs, Oakland and Woodlawn race tracks leading to the first running of the Kentucky Derby.
- 1792: Kentucky gains statehood and strict anti-gambling laws instantly applied. Parimutuel betting was legal from the off.
The Best Kentucky Sports Betting Sites Ranked
|50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus||Get Offer|
|100% Deposit Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|100% Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip||Get Offer|
|125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500||Get Offer|
|75% Crypto Deposit Bonus up to $750||Get Offer|
|150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $300||Get Offer|
|100% Bonus up to $1000||Get Offer|
|50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000||Get Offer|
|50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000||Get Offer|
Best Kentucky Sports Betting Sites 2022
Below we’ve included a list of some of the sportsbooks that accept players from Kentucky. We’ve ranked them one through ten, but to be honest, they are all strong candidates and provide good betting opportunities regardless of their status.
- Bovada – Best overall with great depth and a stunning design
- BetOnline – Best odds structure throughout the site
- MyBookie – Huge range of sports and markets to choose from
- BetNow – Strong when it comes to prop bets and specials for US-based sports
- BetUS – Best for VIP/Loyalty program
- XBet – Strong for NBA and NFL betting
- BUSR – Large coverage of international sports
- Jazzsports – Excellent online betting site for sports and horse racing
- Sportsbetting.ag – Great for basketball and American football betting
Top Kentucky Sportsbooks Reviewed
We wanted to take the time to look a little deeper at our top 5 Kentucky sports betting sites, so we’ve given each of them min reviews below.
Sports within Kentucky are largely dominated by college basketball, college football and horse racing. They do have a number of pro teams in baseball and soccer, but the state is best known for their stellar college sports.
Within each review, we will look at how the sportsbooks perform overall, but pay keen attention to college sports and horse racing, especially the Kentucky Derby, which is one of the biggest horse races in the world.
1. Bovada – Best Overall Sportsbook for Kentucky Sports Betting
Bovada lands the top spot for Kentucky sports betting. The site’s design is one of the best and this is true for both mobile and desktop platforms.
Bovada has one of the best basketball coverages that we’ve come across. Throughout the NCAA season, they run a multitude of specials and boosted odds. Given the profile of both the Kentucky Wildcats and the Lousiville Cardinals as two of the highest-rated colleges in the country for basketball, they both benefit from this more times than most.
March Madness is a fast and furious time for most sportsbooks and Bovada comes alive during this period.
Their horse racing section comes as a standalone feature separate from the main sportsbook. One of their biggest events is the Kentucky Derby, which benefits from live streaming on the site. Coverage from several of the state’s top racecourses such as Churchill Downs, Kentucky Downs, and Ellis Park is strong, but they don’t have the market coverage that a BetOnline or BetUS have for the “lesser profile” meetings.
Betting limits are going to range based on the sports that you bet on. Generally, you can wager up to $5,000 on sides and $1,000 on parlays, totals, and teasers. These limits aren’t terrible, but they decrease even further for sports that have a smaller following.
Finally, Bovada comes with a welcome bonus attached for every new user. It’s not the highest compared to other sites but its low rollover requirement makes it one of the most accessible that you can claim. In addition, if you can deposit using Bitcoin the bonus is even higher and is competitive with other sites on this list.
What we like:
- Best looking sportsbook on the market
- Huge coverage for sports both in and outside of the US
- Balanced welcome offers that sync with all players
- A trusted brand that’s been around (in some form) for a long time
What we don’t:
- Not a huge range of payment options
2) BetOnline – Great Kentucky Sports Betting Odds and Lines
BetOnline is the best Kentucky sportsbook when it comes to odds. We’ve been able to extensively compare them to all ten of the sportsbooks listed on this page and they’ve consistently come out as one of, if not the, best priced.
One of the areas that caught our eye was the soccer betting section, covering a huge range of leagues from around the world. But, it was the US-based coverage that was most impressive, even including games from the USL Championship, making it one of the few places that you’re able to bet on Lousiville City FC.
The racebook is another highlight for us and in terms of coverage, there aren’t many that are better. They have races from all over the world and one of their highlights is the Kentucky Derby.
They go head to head here with Bovada and we loved that you had so many markets to bet on, such as straight bets, exacta, trifecta, superfecta, daily double, pick 3 and pick 4. It’s not just the Derby that you get access to these markets, with all of their domestic races getting access to this and around 80% of international races as well.
College coverage is highly impressive. We just so happen to be testing outside of college basketball season, but there are futures up already for the winner of next year’s NCAA. Highlighting their strength when it comes to odds once more, Kentucky is priced at +1400 to win on BetOnline, with the next best priced being +1600 at MyBookie.
BetOnline’s welcome bonus is another 50% match worth up to $1,000. For this, you need to wager through the full amount 10 times within 30 days to clear it.
What we like:
- Best overall when it comes to odds
- Great range of US sports and betting markets within
- Some of the best parlay and future bets you will find
- Huge $1,000 welcome bonus which is one of the biggest of any Kentucky sports betting site
What we don’t:
- Design is a little basic
- Integration into the mobile app needs to be improved
3. MyBookie – Best for New and Existing Kentucky Betting Promotions
MyBookie takes our number three spot. The sportsbook is best known for its large betting offers and general depth within the sportsbook.
You’re going to get access to a good range of payment options, with the likes of Visa, Mastercard, and Bitcoin leading the way. Minimum deposits start from just $20 and are usually processed within an hour (most are immediate). The lack of withdrawal options is a little frustrating and most are going to opt for a bank wire, which starts from $50 and max out at $500 per transaction.
In terms of features, we enjoyed using the Props Builder, which is still relatively new. This is a section on the site that allows you to easily jump between sports, games, and bet types, to build your own parlay bet from the masses of props on offer.
Baseball coverage within the sportsbook is one of its strengths and they are one of few that offer betting on Minor League Baseball. This means you get access to markets on the Louisville Barts and even Bowling Green Hot Rods. However, we will point out that they aren’t as accessible as Major League Baseball games, which is a little frustrating.
Like the majority of the competition, horse racing benefits from being in its own dedicated section. You will get great coverage from a number of tracks across Kentucky, but again, it’s the Derby that boasts the pick of the bunch here. MyBookie has also run special promos dedicated to just this race, so it’s well worth checking these out in the run-up to the meeting.
MyBookie comes with one of the best offers for new players in the form of a 100% deposit match up to $1,000. The bonus needs to be wagered 10 times within 30 days before it’s cleared to your cash balance.
What we like:
- The perfect alternative to either of the top two Kentucky online sportsbooks
- Great catalog of sports to choose from
- Updated design increasing usability
What we don’t:
- Not as strong with sports outside of the US
4. BetNow – Great for college football betting
Although BetNow is a relatively new Kentucky sports betting site, it has already managed to establish a loyal fanbase. Besides having a competitive overall gambling product, the bookie has excellent BetNow promo codes with low rollover requirements. So, whether you’re only just signing up or you’ve been wagering at the sportsbook for a while, you’ll find top value.
Kentuckians are offered a top-notch gambling experience of all major US leagues: NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. They have some of the best moneylines on NFL. Their coverage of Divison one NCAA is also superb, so if you are looking for a place to wager on the Kentucky Wildcats BetNow is the ideal site.
BetNow offers simple and easy-to-use live betting on a well-designed web interface. Their spreads and totals are constantly updated and any bets are graded and credited to your account in real-time. For these reasons, it’s one of the most user-friendly sites to wager on in-play action.
The banking options are also a major plus for BetNow. You can deposit via a wide range of payment processors, including major credit cards like Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Bitcoin is one of the few crypto options available. The minimum deposit amount is a reasonable $20 and bettors can deposit as much as $40,000 at a time.
What we like:
- User-friendly website
- Accounts credited in real time
- Generous promo codes
- Flexible banking options
What we don’t:
- Limited coverage of non-US sports
5. BetUS – Brilliant VIP/Loyalty Section for Kentucky Sports Betting Punters
BetUS is on our list of Kentucky sports betting online.
The design of the sportsbook is what’s going to initially catch your eye. It’s one of the best by far and we’ve loved being able to review it for that reason alone.
A standout feature for us was the inclusion of live betting. They aren’t the only sportsbook to include this, but they have the best section for viewing games, markets, and odds all in one place.
BetUS also includes a huge range of college basketball matches within their live section. This is one of the best places to bet on the Wildcats and the Cardinals if live betting is your thing.
The horse racing section has been a key part of the site’s success. Obviously, coverage of the Kentucky Derby is a given, but they include all races from all horse racing tracks in Kentucky, including harness racing, which is a massive plus.
We also loved the offers that come thick and fast for horse racing. An example would be money-back offers where they highlight a race on any given day where if you place a bet and it comes second, then you get your money back (outright winner markets only).
What we like:
- Great looking sportsbook and betting app
- Good range of existing and new player promos
- Works well with future and parlay bets
- Excellent for eSports betting
What we don’t:
- Bonus wagering is not the easiest
6. XBet – Strong Sportsbook for NBA and NFL Kentucky Betting
XBet is at the beginning of our list and it should definitely not be at the end of yours. Our team has constantly found that when it comes to NBA and NFL betting, XBet is one of the best. The site offers early odds and covers a host of different sporting disciplines, not just those located in the USA.
The site has a huge range of banking options, including Bitcoin (several variations), Ripple, Check, Bank Wire, Person to Person, and Skrill. NCAA betting is another huge asset for the site making coverage of both Kentucky and Lousiville extensive, to say the least. They run a ton of prop bets for college basketball games and this would be one area that we think they are able to excel over the three sportsbooks we’ve mentioned above.
Like BetOnline, XBet has great soccer coverage and includes markets from the USL Championship, allowing you to bet on Lousiville City FC. The Kentucky Derby is another massive event for them and they cover it about as well as any. Where they get a leg up over their rivals is that they offer integrated live streaming of the race as long as you’ve placed a bet. Live streams are delayed, so bear this in mind.
New accounts to XBet can claim a $500 bonus deposit as a welcome with a first deposit, and a completely independent 100% matched $500 bonus for casino games.
What we like:
What we like:
- 24-hour customer service option
- Offers early odds
- Live betting options for users across the US
- Fast eWallet and cryptocurrency payouts option
What we don’t:
- Strict gaming rules and policies.
More on gambling in Kentucky...
Learn about all types of online gambling in Kentucky in our expert guides below:
- Kentucky Real Money Online Casinos
- Kentucky Online Poker
- Kentucky Online Gambling
- Kentucky Sports Betting Apps
- Kentucky Horse Racing
Kentucky Sports Betting Sites Comparison
One of the most important things when picking a Kentucky betting site is being able to see how each matches up against the competition. Below we’ve included a table that shows you exactly this and allows you to pick from our top 5 online sportsbooks.
|Sportsbook||Sign-Up Bonus||Bonus Code||Sports to bet on||Live Betting||Live Streaming|
|Bovada||75% 3x up to $750||N/A||50||✅||✅|
|BetOnline||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||50+||✅||✅|
|Everygame||3x $250 up to $750||INSIDERS||40+||✅||❌|
|MyBookie||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||❌|
|BetNow||150% up to $300||INSIDERS||40+||✅||❌|
|BetUS||100% up to $2,500||INSIDERS||40+||✅||✅|
|XBet||50% up to $500||N/A||30+||✅||❌|
|BUSR||100% up to $1, 000||INSIDERS||35+||✅||❌|
|Jazz||50% up to $1,000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||✅|
|Sportsbetting.ag||50% up to $1, 000||INSIDERS||30+||✅||✅|
Discover Our Top Betting Guides
Who can Bet on Sports in Kentucky?
Outside of horse racing, Kentucky outlaws sports betting. However, if you sign up with any of our mentioned sportsbooks, you can gamble on professional and global sports like tennis and boxing.
Offshore sportsbooks permit Kentuckians to gamble on storied state college teams like the Kentucky Wildcats and Louisville Cardinals. Of course, sports betting sites, like our top-rated choice, XBet, allow Kentuckians to gamble on the Kentucky Derby and other prominent horse racing venues.
How to Bet on Sports in Kentucky
Our touted sports betting sites provide many ways to make sports bets. We walk you through step by step on the registration process to finally making a sports wager.
1. Research Your Desired Sportsbook's Rules
To remain eligible for lucrative sports contests and promotions, Kentuckians must stay in good graces with the offshore sportsbook. So, before registering, we suggest reading the terms and conditions and the regulations of your desired sports betting site.
2. Submit Your Registration Application
Registering to a sports betting site is a short and straightforward process. When you are comfortable with the sportsbook's rules, officially register. You can find the registration or join button at the top of the viewport and in the footer area.
3. Submit A Credit Card Authorization Form
Premier sports betting sites provide multiple payment gateways, including credit cards. Many sports betting sites require an approved credit card authorization form before using them. If you plan to use credit, we highly recommend submitting this form to your desired offshore sportsbook. Please note that it may take some time to get approval.
4. Make Your Deposit
When you are ready to make a payment, log in to your account and proceed to the cashier. Our distinguished sports betting sites have a combination of credit, crypto, and in some cases like, Bovada, eWallets, and vouchers like Zelle.
5. Check for the Latest Sports Contests and Promotions
Before filling out your bet slip, it might be wise to see if there are any sports promotions available to you. Depending on what's in season, sports betting sites have generous welcome packages, reloads, and sports contests. We recommend checking if you're eligible for any of them.
6. Fill out the Bet Slip
The bet slip is an integral part of the sports gambling process. Premier sites like XBet have interactive bet slips, including live bet slips with real-time wagers. In addition, XBet offers many sports guides like line betting and more.
Is Sports Betting Legal in in Kentucky?
It’s not permitted for people to place bets with sportsbooks that reside within the state. However, it is not illegal for residents of Kentucky to bet on sportsbooks that are based offshore. All of the sportsbooks on this page accept sports wagers from Kentucky players.
Kentuckians can legally gamble on horse races in the state. The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission oversees and regulates horse racing gambling in the Bluegrass State.
When will Betting be Legal in Kentucky?
At the time of this article, Kentucky's legislature is actively striving to pass HB 606 that would legalize sports betting in the state.
Sports Betting Guides State by State
April, 2022, Ballot HB 606 could Legalize Sports Betting in Kentucky
As we speak, Kentucky's congress could pass the vote to legalize sports gambling in the Bluegrass State. If successful, this allows sportsbook apps and casinos to accept retail sports bets as early as 2023. We highlight the key supporters of Kentucky sports gambling and the detractors.
State Republican Adam Koening has submitted multiple bills that would sanction sports gambling in his state. Senate Majority Leader Damon Thayer also strongly supports organized sports betting. In addition, storied college programs like the Kentucky Wildcats and the Louisville Cardinals greatly benefit from legalized sports gambling.
Despite the solid enthusiasm for legalizing sports gambling in Kentucky, there is still resistance to it. The Kentucky Family Foundation Spokesman, Martin Cothran, states, "Kentucky is not a wealthy state. The poor are under assault from high-interest, short-term loans, drug issues, and more, so socially, I don't see how this helps the state. It's one more temptation for them to use their money."
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Kentucky
Kentucky is currently voting on whether or not to pass HB 606. There has been a slew of sports gambling bills in recent years in the Bluegrass State. We break those down for you.
- HB 606 - Is currently up for vote to sanction sports gambling in Kentucky
- SB 213 - A bill to legalize online poker and Daily Fantasy Sports
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Kentucky
The gambling tax in Kentucky is relatively low and is currently set at 1.5% of the amount that a bettor will wager for slot machines. They also include an 18% tax on gross commission, with 8% going to the Kentucky General Fund and 10% back into the industry.
No tax figures have been announced should sports betting become legal, but it’s likely that these figures won’t remain when that happens. Neighboring states such as West Virginia and Pennsylvania both have significantly higher tax brackets, and we would expect Kentucky to follow suit.
Read Our Sportsbook Payment Guides
Payment Methods available at Kentucky Betting Sites
Kentuckians have access to lucrative sports betting promotions and contests at offshore sportsbooks. We highlight the best sports betting promotions.
The Sports Welcome Package
Usually when new members register at a sports betting site, there is a lucrative sports welcome bonus awaiting them. Our sportsbooks like XBet offer a 50% matching bonus up to $500. BetOnline has a sports welcome package worth up to $1,000.
Reload Your Sports Wagers with Premium Sports Rebates
Our distinguished offshore sportsbooks all offer reload and sports rebate promotions for its members. Sports reloads are designed to return a percentage of losses to players' accounts. XBet, for example, offers a 25% sports rebate up to $250.
Horse Racing Free Bets and Daily Rebates
Racetracks are a vital component for offshore sportsbooks. All the sports betting sites mentioned here have premium horse racing tracks. MyBookie delivers with an 8% horse rebate, and BetOnline offers a 9% daily rebate. In addition, BetOnline offers a $25 risk-free promo for your initial horse racing wager.
Live Bet Promotions
Many offshore sportsbooks have a live bet promotion to help new members make their first sports bet. BetOnline has a $25 risk-free promotion for your first live bet.
More sports betting sites have seasonal sports contests to further bolster Kentuckians sports winnings. Typical sports contests are March Madness tournament brackets, NBA Draft betting, Kentucky Derby Odds, and so much more.
Popular Sports to Bet on in Kentucky
Kentucky can legally gamble on horse racing in the state, but they must turn to offshore sportsbooks to legally bet on non-horse racing sports. We highlight the leading professional and collegiate sports that Kentuckians can gamble on.
Catch the Winning Touchdown with NFL Betting
Kentuckians are free to capitalize on NFL betting by wagering on their favorite team. While all of our listed sports betting sites offer extensive NFL wagering options like spread betting and Moneyline wagers, we recommend XBet for Kentuckians. XXBet has an in-depth futures wagering system where you can gamble on the odds of who will represent the next Super Bowl.
Kentucky doesn't have any professional NFL teams. In the NFL's early years, Kentucky was home to two NFL teams, the Louisville Breckenridges from 1921 to 1924, and the Louisville Colonels in 1926.
Pass the Winning Bet with Thrilling NBA Betting
While Kentucky still doesn't have an NBA team, it once was home to the ABA's Kentucky Colonels. The Colonels had future NBA Hall Of Famers Larry Brown, Artis Gilmore, and Dan Issel. During the 1976 ABA-NBA merger, the Colonels folded.
Swing for the Fences with Premium Major League Baseball Betting
Kentuckians also can score a base hit with rewarding MLB betting options at their preferred sportsbook. Our sportsbooks offer competitive MLB betting options, but we recommend XBet for its contest props, five innings bets, and MLB game odds.
Kentucky doesn't have a Major League Baseball team at this time. However, minor league baseball is flourishing in 32 Kentucky cities.
Score the Winning Puck with NHL Betting
All the thrilling and rewarding NHL betting action is available to Kentuckians. We strongly suggest XBet to place your NHL wagers, thanks to exact contest props, NHL awards, and the winner of this year's Stanley Cup.
Kentucky isn't home to any NHL teams.
Shoot to Win with Fantastic NCAA Basketball Bets
Kentucky is home to fabled college basketball teams like the Wildcats and the Cardinals. Kentuckians must rely on offshore sports betting sites like XBet to make college basketball bets. Sports betting sites like XBet offer March Madness contests and in-depth college basketball gaming odds during college basketball season.
We break down the prestigious college basketball teams in the Bluegrass State from NCAA division one.
- Kentucky Wildcats - The Wildcats are the most successful college basketball team with 59 NCAA tournament appearances
- Louisville Cardinals - Has three NCAA Championships an ten Final Four appearances
- Bellarmine University - The Knights have won four NCAA Midwest Regional titles
- Eastern Kentucky University - The Colonels have seven NCAA tournament appearances
- Morehead State University - The Eagles have made eight NCAA tournaments
- Murray State University - The Racers are winners of 26 Ohio Valley Conference championships
- Northern Kentucky University - The Norse are vying for their first NCAA tournament apperance
- Western Kentucky University - The men Hilltoppers have produced 28 All Americans
Kentuckians also celebrate and can gamble on the rich women's college basketball programs. The Lady Western Kentucky Hilltoppers made three Final Four appearances in the 1980s. Our offshore sportsbooks accept Kentucky's men's and women's college basketball bets.
Pick up the First Down with College Football Bets
Lucrative college football bets await residents of the Bluegrass State. Our premier sports betting sites provide fantastic college football sports betting. We recommend XBet to make college football future bets where you wager on next year's FBS champion.
We highlight Kentucky's exclusive college football programs in division one.
- Eastern Kentucky University - The Colonels compete in the Ohio Valley Conference
- Kentucky Wildcats - Football legend, Paul "Bear" Bryant helped put Wildcats football on the map
- Louisville Cardinals - The Cardinals have 23 Bowl appearances
- Morehead State Eagles - The Eagles have won two conference championships
- Murray State Racers - The Racers are winners of eight Ohio Valley Conference championships
- Western Kentucky University - The Hilltoppers play in Conference USA
Score a Hole In One with Elite Golf Betting
Golf betting is rich in the Bluegrass State. Kentuckians are free to place lucrative golf bets for the major golf tournaments at are listed sports betting sites. We strongly suggest XBet for your golf gambling, including Masters betting.
We highlight some of the elite state golf tournaments in Kentucky.
- Kaiser Cup
- Golf House Kentucky Classic
- U.S Open Local Qualifier
- Pro-Am Championship
- The Kentucky Open
- Challenge Cup
Gallop to Greatness with Elite Horse Racing Gambling
The Bluegrass State features the world-class horse racing gambling, including the Kentucky Derby. It's a toss up between BetOnline, Bovada, and XBet for Kentuckians to place horse racing bets. Bovada has excellent live streaming for horse races like the Kentucky Derby.
Kentucky is considered the home of horse racing. The state's Kentucky Derby makes up one one-third of the American Triple Crown races. We shine a light on Kentucky's prestigious horse racing venues.
- Kentucky Derby - Every year, global gamblers dress up and place extravagant wagers
- Churchill Downs, Louisville
- Keeneland, Lexington
- Kentucky Downs, Franklin
- Tufway Park, Florence
- Ellis Park, Henderson
- The Red Mile, Lexington
Cash in with Daily Fantasy Sports
While Daily Fantasy Sports has yet to be fully sanctioned in the Bluegrass State, Kentuckians can use offshore sites. We list some of the premier Daily Fantasy Sports in Kentucky.
- FanDuel - Offers competitive fantasy lineups
- DraftKings - Kentuckians can mix and match fantasy bets
Live Betting with Kentucky Sports Betting Sites
Live betting is one of the most profitable types of betting you can get with any sportsbook. Depending on your preferred sport, you might have to experiment with our different sportsbooks.
Sports betting sites like MyBookie and Bovada offer live streaming to accompany live betting. Kentuckians must first wager on the game or horse race before using the live stream.
Learn More About Betting With BBI Guides
Bets that are Illegal in Kentucky
Outside of horse racing, sports gambling is still prohibited in Kentucky. This can change if the state's legislature passes HB 606 before the end of April 14th, 2022. For now, Kentuckians can turn to our listed sportsbooks to place wagers on their beloved Wildcats and Cardinals. Offshore sportsbooks open up tennis bets, boxing, and many international sports.
How Kentucky Sports Betting Competes Against Its Rivals
Until Kentucky formally passes a sports legislation bill, Kentuckians can gamble in nearby states like West Virginia. Sports gambling is legal in the Coal Miner State. West Virginia Sportsbooks offer extensive sports betting options. Virginia doesn't have any land-based casinos at this time, but many will open this year. Kentuckians have access to Virginia sportsbooks in the state.
The Volunteer State offers limited sports betting options. Tennessee sportsbooks are online and mobile only. While Missiouri borders Kentucky, Missouri sportsbooks aren't permitted to accept sports betting at this time.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Kentucky
Kentucky is best known for its affiliation with horse racing. With 6 tracks, this is the only land-based gambling option that there are in the state. The state doesn't have any dedicated casinos, either state-run or tribal. We spotlight the venues that accept off track race bets.
- The Red Mile Kentucky Harness and Historic Racing
- Derby City Gaming
- Kentucky Downs Casino
- Newport Racing and Gaming
- Churchill Downs - Horse racing
- Keeneland Racecourse - Simulcasting race events
- Turfway Park - Horse racing, simulcasting and off-track betting
More on Kentucky Gambling
The Bluegrass State offers competitive horse racing bets through the territory. We highlight Kentucky's other gambling options.
- Best online casinos in Kentucky
- Online gambling in Kentucky
- Horse racing in Kentucky
- Online poker in Kentucky
Overall Best Kentucky Online Sportsbook
Kentucky, like so many US states, has been rattled by COVID when it comes to legalizing sports betting. Bill HB 606, has a strong chance of passing either today or by the end of April 14th of this year. Either way the bill goes, we believe that XBet is the number one offshore sportsbook for Kentuckians.
XBet delivers a resounding 50% sign up bonus up to $500. It also features competitive sports contests and horse racing rebates. Sign up to XBet today.
|75% Crypto Deposit Bonus up to $750||Get Offer|
Is online sports betting legal in Kentucky?
Sports betting is not legal in Kentucky. But you can access online sportsbooks that are located offshore, which means placing a bet via these is legal.
What is the legal gambling age in Kentucky?
The minimum age to gamble in Kentucky is 18. This is lower than most of the United States laws.
Is mobile sports betting available in Kentucky?
Yes, you can use mobile betting apps and mobile betting sites in Kentucky. As long as you are able to register an account, you will get access to one or both.
Where can I bet on sports in Kentucky?
There are lots of options to bet with Kentucky online sportsbooks, the best ones include MyBookie, Bovada and BetOnline.
- Draymond Green says Jayson Tatum is the ‘young GOAT’ or ‘next greatest’
- 2023 NBA Draft prospects Victor Wembanyama and Scoot Henderson steal the show in exhibition
- 76ers coach Doc Rivers says Reed, Harrell, and Tucker will back up Embiid
- Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns is ready for season opener
- Domantas Sabonis believes the Kings will end their 16-year playoff drought