Quick: Over the cap, hard-capped by the Reggie Bullock non-taxpayer mid-level signing.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Hard Cap: $143,002,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap.
Roster Count: 14 guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, two two-ways, two summer contracts
PG: Luka Doncic, Jalen Brunson, Trey Burke, Tyrell Terry, JaQuori McLaughlin (two-way), Carlik Jones (summer contract)
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr, Josh Green
SF: Reggie Bullock, Sterling Brown, Eugene Omoruyi (two-way), Feron Hunt (summer contract)
PF: Dorian Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Willie Cauley-Stein, Boban Marjanovic, Moses Brown
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Iwundu, expiring 2/11/22) — $428,854
- Trade Exception (Josh Richardson, expiring 6/27/22) — $10,865,952
- Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Reggie Bullock)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $732,000 (Sterling Brown)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Moses Brown $1,701,593 — 12/1/22 ($923,369 guarantees)
- Carlik Jones $925,258 — 1/7/22
- Feron Hunt — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: JJ Redick ($16,917,810), Nicolo Melli ($5,066,667)
- Josh Green (third-year)
Waived Players: Nate Hinton (two-way)
Traded Players: Josh Richardson, EJ Onu
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (general manager Malcolm Farmer, head coach George Galanopoulos)
Two-Way Players: Eugene Omoruyi, JaQuori McLaughlin.
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Governor: Mark Cuban
- Nico Harrison — general manager
- Dirk Nowitzki — special advisor
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Michael Finley — assistant general manager
- Jason White — director of scouting
- Terry Sullivan — director of basketball administration
Head Coach: Jason Kidd
Assistants: Igor Kokoskov, Sean Sweeney, Jared Dudley, Greg St Jean, Kristi Toliver, Darrel Armstrong, God Shammgod, Peter Patton
Training Staff: Casey Smith (director of player health and performance), Dionne Calhoun (head athletic trainer), Heather Mau (assistant athletic trainer), Jeremy Holsopple (director of athletic performance)
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden). The Thunder may send their resulting second to the New York Knicks (Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (James Johnson).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 9/20/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on JaQuori McLaughlin.
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Josh Green.
- 12/1/22 — Moses Brown’s salary guarantees at $923,369.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Carlik Jones, Feron Hunt, Boban Marjanovic, Tim Hardaway Jr, Reggie Bullock and Sterling Brown.
- 1/7/22 — Moses Brown’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Carlik Jones and Feron Hunt’s $925,258 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/8/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Luka Doncic.
- 2/11/22 — Wesley Iwundu trade exception expires.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/27/22 — Josh Richardson trade exception expires.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for JaQuori McLaughlin., Eugene Omoruyi, Carlik Jones and Feron Hunt.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on Trey Burke.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/1/22 — Luka Doncic’s poison pill expires.
- 7/3/22 — Maxi Kleber’s $9,475,000 (incentives TBD) guarantees for 2022-23.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Josh Green.
- 12/1/23 — Moses Brown’s salary guarantees at $998,859.
- 6/28/23 — Reggie Bullock’s $10,489,6000 guarantees for 2023-24.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/29/23 — Team options on Tyrell Terry and Moses Brown.
- Before first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline on Josh Green.
- 1/7/24 — Moses Brown’s $1,997,718 guarantees for 2023-24.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Green.
- 6/29/26 — Player option on Luka Doncic.
- TBD — JaQuori McLaughlin’s two-way detail.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/16/21 — Parted ways with president of basketball operations and general manager Donnie Nelson.
- 6/17/21 — Parted ways with coach Rick Carlisle.
- 6/28/21 — Hired Nico Harrison as general manager.
- 6/28/21 — Hired Jason Kidd as head coach.
- 7/31/21 — Josh Richardson opted into his player option.
- 7/31/21 — Traded Josh Richardson to the Boston Celtics for Moses Brown (via the Wesley Iwundu trade exception, $428,854 remaining), generating a $10,865,952 trade exception.
- 8/1/21 — Opted Willie Cauley Stein into the final year on his contract.
- 8/1/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nate Hinton.
- 8/1/21 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Nicolo Melli and Tyler Bey.
- 8/1/21 — Jalen Brunson’s $1,802,057 guaranteed for 2021-22.
- 8/3/21 — Re-signed Nate Hinton to a two-way contract $($50,000 guaranteed)
- 8/6/21 — Signed Reggie Bullock to a partially-guaranteed three-year $30,038,400 contract via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception, triggering a hard cap.
- 8/9/21 — Signed Sterling Brown to a two-year $6 million contract, via the bi-annual exception.
- 8/9/21 — Re-signed Boban Marjanovic to a two-year $7 million contract via Early Bird Rights.
- 8/9/21 — Re-signed Tim Hardaway Jr to a four-year $75 million contract.
- 8/10/21 — Re-signed Luka Doncic to a designated supermax extension (adding five years) at an estimated $207,060,000, player option on the final season.
- 8/13/21 — Signed Eugene Omoruyi to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/18/21 — Signed EJ Onu to a non-guaranteed $925,258 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 8/18/21 — Signed Feron Hunt to a non-guaranteed $925,258 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 8/18/21 — Signed Carlik Jones to a non-guaranteed $925,258 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 8/27/21 — Waived Nate Hinton (two-way).
- 9/3/21 — Waived EJ Onu.
- 9/3/21 — Signed JaQuori McLaughlin to a two-way contract.
- Luka Doncic — 15 percent
- Trey Burke — 7.5 percent
- Kristaps Porzingis — 5.0 percent
- Reggie Bullock — 5.0 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
- Luka Doncic — $36,205,731 (expiring 7/1/22)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First Rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Arena: American Airlines Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 9/11/21)
Latest Dallas Mavericks Betting Odds & Information
The Dallas Mavericks have opened up as +3300 outsiders to win the 2022 NBA Championship with the NBA betting apps that have released early prices. This means that a $10 bet on Dallas will return $330 if they win the pennant.
Those odds may seem generous to Mavs fans, who will be hoping that their team can make at least a run in the PlayOffs next season. The chances of an NBA Finals spot may be an ambitious hope but it’s not inconceivable, particularly with the recent disruptions to the schedules. The legal sportsbooks are certainly not writing them off anyway and are being cautious but realistic in that Dallas price.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up-to-date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.