Quick: Over the cap. Hard-capped by the Willie Cauley-Stein and Trey Burke contracts via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Up to $35.4 million, less with Josh Richardson’s $11.6 million player option and Jalen Brunson’s $1.8 million non-guaranteed salary.
NBA Draft: No. 21 to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis), No. 53 to the New Orleans Pelicans (JJ Redick)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First Rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, one non-guaranteed, one team option, one player option
PG: Luka Doncic, Jalen Brunson, Trey Burke, Tyrell Terry
SG: Josh Richardson (PO), Josh Green
SF: Dorian Finney-Smith
PF: Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Willie Cauley-Stein (TO)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Iwundu, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,678,864
- Projected Room Exception — $4,910,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Jalen Brunson $1,802,057 — 8/1/21
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Josh Richardson $11,615,328 (player)
- Willie Cauley-Stein $4,100,000 (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Tim Hardaway Jr ($28,452,500), Josh Richardson (20,645,309 on opt out)
- Early Bird: JJ Redick ($16,917,810), Willie Cauley-Stein ($5,330,000 on opt out), Nicolo Melli (RFA, $5,066,667, Boban Marjanovic ($4,550,000)
- Non-Bird: Tyler Bey (two-way, RFA), Nate Hinton (two-way, RFA)
- Nicolo Melli $4,871,795
- Tyler Bey (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
- Nate Hinton (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Josh Green (third-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (general manager Malcolm Farmer, head coach George Galanopoulos)
Two-Way Players: None
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Mark Cuban
- General manager — Nico Harrison
- Dirk Nowitzki — special advisor
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Michael Finley — vice president of basketball operations
- Jason White — director of scouting
- Terry Sullivan — director of basketball administration
Head Coach: Jason Kidd
Assistants: Jamahl Mosley, Mike Weinar, Zach Guthrie, Jenny Boucek, Darrell Armstrong, God Shammgod (player development coach), Peter Patton (shooting coach), Mike Shedd (player development coach/basketball technology director)
Training Staff: Casey Smith (director of player health and performance), Dionne Calhoun (head athletic trainer), Heather Mau (assistant athletic trainer), Jeremy Holsopple (director of athletic performance)
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden). The Thunder may send their resulting second to the Celtics (Kemba Walker).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (James Johnson).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1,100,000 to the New Orleans Pelicans (JJ Redick) — $4,517,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Player option deadline for Josh Richardson.
- 7/31/21 — Team option on Willie Cauley Stein.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadline on Nicolo Melli.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/1/21 — Jalen Brunson’s $1,802,057 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/6/21 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- Before first day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Luka Doncic.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Josh Green.
- 2/11/22 — Wesley Iwundu trade exception expires.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Luka Doncic.
- 6/29/22 — Player option on Trey Burke.
- 7/3/22 — Maxi Kleber’s $9,475,000 (incentives TBD) for 2022-23.
- 10/31/22 — Team option on Josh Green.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Kristaps Porzingis.
- 6/29/23 — Team option on Tyrell Terry.
- Before first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline on Josh Green.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for Josh Green.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/16/21 — Parted ways with president of basketball operations and general manager Donnie Nelson.
- 6/17/21 — Parted ways with coach Rick Carlisle.
- 6/28/21 — Hired Nico Harrison as general manager.
- 6/28/21 — Hired Jason Kidd as head coach.
- Kristaps Porzingis — five percent
- Trey Burke — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: American Airlines Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
Latest Dallas Mavericks Betting Odds & Information
The Dallas Mavericks have opened up as +3300 outsiders to win the 2022 NBA Championship with the NBA betting apps that have released early prices. This means that a $10 bet on Dallas will return $330 if they win the pennant.
Those odds may seem generous to Mavs fans, who will be hoping that their team can make at least a run in the PlayOffs next season. The chances of an NBA Finals spot may be an ambitious hope but it’s not inconceivable, particularly with the recent disruptions to the schedules. The legal sportsbooks are certainly not writing them off anyway and are being cautious but realistic in that Dallas price.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.