|Tim Hardaway Jr||$18,975,000|
|JJ Barea (waived)||$1,620,564|
|Tyler Bey (two-way)|
|Nate Hinton (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap. Hard-capped by the Willie Cauley-Stein and Trey Burke contracts via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Luka Doncic, Jalen Brunson, Trey Burke, Tyrell Terry
SG: Josh Richardson, JJ Redick, Josh Green, Nate Hinton (two-way)
SF: Dorian Finney-Smith, Tim Hardaway Jr
PF: Maxi Kleber, Dwight Powell, Nicolo Melli, Tyler Bey (two-way)
C: Kristaps Porzingis, Willie Cauley-Stein, Boban Marjanovic
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Wesley Iwundu, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,678,864
- Mid-Level Exception — $868,154 (Trey Burke, Willie Cauley-Stein, Tyrell Terry)
* Exact date TBD.
Waived Players: JJ Barea, Freddie Gillespie, Devonte Patterson, Courtney Lee
Traded Players: Seth Curry, Delon Wright, Justin Jackson, James Johnson, Wes Iwundu
G-League Affiliate: Texas Legends (general manager Malcolm Farmer, head coach George Galanopoulos)
Two-Way Players: Tyler Bey, Nate Hinton
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Mark Cuban
- Donn Nelson — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Michael Finley — vice president of basketball operations
- Keith Grant — assistant general manager
- Jason White — director of scouting
- Terry Sullivan — director of basketball administration
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants: Jamahl Mosley, Mike Weinar, Zach Guthrie, Jenny Boucek, Darrell Armstrong, God Shammgod (player development coach), Peter Patton (shooting coach), Mike Shedd (player development coach/basketball technology director)
Training Staff: Casey Smith (director of player health and performance), Dionne Calhoun (head athletic trainer), Heather Mau (assistant athletic trainer), Jeremy Holsopple (director of athletic performance)
- 2021 — Owe a first-rounder to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (JJ Redick).
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden).
- 2023 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2025, otherwise converts to a 2025 second-rounder) to the New York Knicks (Kristaps Porzingis).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (James Johnson).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1,100,000 to the New Orleans Pelicans (JJ Redick) — $4,517,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — Renounced the rights to Dirk Nowitzki, Salah Mejri and Devin Harris.
- 11/18/20 — Draft Josh Green (2020-18th) and Tyrell Terry (2020-21st).
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Antonius Cleveland and Josh Reaves.
- 11/19/20 — Tim Hardaway Jr. opted into the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Willie Cauley-Stein opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 11/19/20 — Traded Seth Curry to the Philadelphia 76ers for Josh Richardson and the rights to Tyler Bey (2020-36th).
- 11/27/20 — Traded Justin Jackson, a 2023-second rounder (the higher of the Miami HEAT and Mavericks) and a 2026 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder and Delon Wright to the Detroit Pistons for James Johnson from the Thunder.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Tyler Bey (2020-36th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Josh Green (2020-18th) to a $13,638,019 rookie-scale contract.
- 12/1/20 — Picked up Luka Doncic’s fourth-year rookie-scale option.
- 12/1/20 — Re-signed Willie Cauley-Stein to a two-year $8.2 million contract, team option on the final season.
- 12/1/20 — Re-signed Trey Burke to a three-year $9,450,000 contract, player option on the final season.
- 12/1/20 — Signed Wesley Iwundu to a two-year $3,502,857 minimum contract.
- 12/1/20 — Re-signed JJ Barea to a $2,564,753 minimum contract.
- 12/1/20 — Signed Tyrell Terry (2020-21st) to a four-year $6,621,489 contract, team option on the final season.
- 12/1/20 — Signed Nate Hinton to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/1/20 — Signed Freddie Gillespie to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/1/20 — Signed Devonte Patterson to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/10/20 — Waived JJ Barea.
- 12/11/20 — Re-signed Courtney Lee to a non-guaranteed $2,564,753 minimum summer contract.
- 12/18/20 — Waived Devonte Patterson and Freddie Gillespie.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Courtney Lee.
- 3/25/21 — Traded James Johnson, Wes Iwundu, a 2021 second-rounder and $1,100,000 to the New Orleans Pelicans for JJ Redick and Nicolo Melli.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
- Kristaps Porzingis — five percent
- Trey Burke — 7.5 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Willie Cauley-Stein (One-Year Bird)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First Rounders: Petteri Koponen (2007-30th)
- Second rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: American Airlines Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/27/21)
- Oklahoma City Council sets Dec. 15 vote on new $900M arena to keep Thunder through 2050
- Raptors Emerge as Front-Runners for Damian Lillard
- Pacers GM Chad Buchanan on Buddy Hield: ‘Our intention is to have him on our team this year’
- Nets sign undrafted guard Scottie Lindsey
- Coach Mark Daigneault is excited because Thunder’s young core is ‘developing very quickly’