Washington DC Online Sports Betting – Is It Legal? Get $5,000+ at Washington DC Sportsbooks
The home of congress and some of the nation’s most influential lawmakers, Washington DC is also one of the best US locations in the US for sports betting. With sports betting now legal and local sportsbooks still developing, there are several reasons why DC residents still turn to Washington DC sports betting sites online.
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus 150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $150 $750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses) 50% Welcome Deposit Bonus up to $1000 150% Deposit Bonus up to $2500 Get a Welcome Bonus of up to $750 125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500 50% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip 50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000 50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $150
$750 Welcome Bonus (3 x $250 Bonuses)
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus up to $1000
150% Deposit Bonus up to $2500
Get a Welcome Bonus of up to $750
125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip
50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000
50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000
Read on to learn where you can find the best markets, biggest bonuses, and greatest event coverage for sports betting in Washington DC.
Washington D.C Sports Betting at a Glance
Washington DC legalized sports betting both online and retail in the district in 2018 and saw the first retail sportsbook open in 2021. The current sports betting market in the state is outlined below.
- Legal Sports Betting: In-person (inland), Online (inland and offshore)
- Minimum Sports Betting Age in Washington DC: 21 (inland),18 (through offshore sites)
- Offline Betting in Person: Currently 5 locations
- Online Sportsbooks: Offshore and inland
- Live/In-Play Betting: Offshore and inland
- College Sports Betting: Inland (no betting on instate teams and games played in-state), Offshore (no restrictions)
- Horse racing: Offshore sites only
- Estimated Sports Betting Revenue: To be determined
- Permitted Sports Betting Operators: GambetDC, Caesars Sportsbook by William Hill, and BetMGM Sportsbook
- Licensing Fee: Up to $500,000 initial fee, $250,000 5-year renewal fee
- Tax Rate: 10-20%
- Tax Funded: $200,000 to the Department of Behavioral Health for gambling addiction and treatment programs. The remaining amount is split between the Birth-to-Three Amendment Act of 2018 and the Neighbourhood Safety and Engagement Fund.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Washington DC?
If this question was asked only 5 years ago, we would have said no. But in 2018, the District of Columbia passed Act 22-994 which legalized online and retail sports betting in the district. The issuing of licenses was given to the District of Columbia Lottery & Charitable Games Control Board and the first retail sportsbook opened in 2021.
- 2022 – multiple standalone sportsbooks are planned while multiple bars and two stadiums offer a sportsbook for DC residents and guests.
- 2021 – the Capital One Arena sportsbook provided by William Hill launches. Bar-based sportsbooks soon follow.
- 2020 – After several delays, DC Lottery soft-launched its online sports betting platform called Gambet DC.
- 2019 – Act 22-994, as amended by Act 23, is officially signed into law after passing congressional review.
- 2018 – Act 22-994 passes authorizing sports betting of all forms in Washington DC
The Best Washington DC Online Sports Betting Sites List 2023
Only the very best Washington DC betting sites can make our top list. Below are the 10 leading bookies in DC, offering exceptional value in odds, huge market and event coverage, and provide plenty of exciting bonuses every week.
- BetOnline – Best Washington DC sports betting site
- Bovada – Consistent betting lines in DC
- MyBookie – Most unique Washington DC betting site
- Everygame – Regular sports special offers
- Xbet – Top live betting in Washington DC
- Lucky Block– Excellent for crypto betting
- BetUS – Best NFL betting in Washington DC
- BetNow – Top UFC coverage in DC
- BUSR – Great Bitcoin bonuses in DC
- Jazz Sports – Great for horse racing
Best Washington DC Sportsbooks Reviewed
We don’t just tell you which Washington DC betting sites are amazing, we’re here to tell you why as well. We’ve reviewed our top 5 selections to help you choose which amazing bookie is perfect for you.
1. BetOnline – Best Washington DC Sports Betting Site
Without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest name in online sports betting in Washington DC is BetOnline. For more than 2 decades, this mighty Washington DC betting platform has remained a market leader in wagering volume and continues to innovate every year.
There are excellent features for kinds of sports punters such as interactive form guides for horse racing, live streaming of multiple events, and a daily odds booster.There is an ever-growing e-sports offering too and you’ll see excellent coverage of the biggest games in the industry such as CS: GO and Dota 2.
You will consistently find BetOnline’s odds across all the sports they have markets on to be some of the best around. They also get their odds up earlier than most other sites meaning you can get your bet’s in early.
Once a game starts BetOnline also offers an intuitive live betting interface where you can even stream some matches. BetOnline also has an app compatible with iOS and Android devices, and it is one of the most complete Washington DC sportsbook sites
On top of their attractive $1,000 welcome bonus, BetOnline promo codes offer up a ton of rewards and bonuses to existing customers. They include risk-free bets, odds boosters, sport reloads plus more. The contests on the site are also unrivaled they have regular competitions as well as contests for special events like the Super Bowl where prizes can be in the hundreds of thousands.
BetOnline leads the way in providing all the important basics with many supported cryptocurrencies, regular sports bonuses, and 24/7 US customer support.
What we like:
- Leading NCAA coverage
- Diverse prop bet markets
- Daily bet enhancers
- Live Streaming
What we don’t:
- High credit card deposit fees
2. Bovada – Consistent Betting Lines in DC
For more than 20 years, Bovada has remained a trusted brand for sports betting in Washington DC. This bookie has earned that trust by offering great market coverage across both US and international events and for offering some of the most consistent odds on the market.
For horse racing betting fans, you’ll find some serious value when betting on the outside chances too. Bovada offers prop bets galore across so many US leagues including the NCAA, NFL, and NHL – including spread betting and futures.
The Bovada e-sport range could rival the best bookies in the world with a seriously good range of events including the likes of Overwatch and Valorant. New punters from the District using bitcoin can grab a great welcome offer of up to $750 when they use the Brovada Promo code, while regular deposits can net you a welcome offer of up to $1,000.
What we like:
- Well established and trusted brand
- Great horse racing odds of value
- Expansive US Markets
- Fast-growing e-sports section
What we don’t:
- Rather high deposit fees
3. MyBookie – Most Unique Washington DC Betting Site
Frankly, most sportsbooks can begin to feel the same after a while. Lots of consistent markets and it can be a struggle to find anything dramatically different to bet on. That’s when you turn to MyBookie for your fix of the fun and truly strange. First of all, MyBookie does all the standard things correctly – loads of markets for nearly every sporting event imaginable, but it goes a little further than that.
You’ll get extensive winter sports, surfing, bowling, and WWE wrestling coverage and then there is the special wagers section – within the special wagers, you’ll find bizarre markets like the existence of UFOs, Bigfoot, and whether the Rock will play in the XFL! The e-sports coverage is strong also and League of Legends punters will arguably find the deepest market depth in the US.
With a similar web design to Xbet, MyBookie is an effective live betting platform too. Residents of DC joining MyBookie for the first time can claim up to $1,000 as a welcome offer by using the MyBookie promo code INSIDERS during sign-up.
What we like:
- Big range of international event coverage
- Best LoL market depth
- Unique events in Special Wagers
- Consistent bonuses each month
What we don’t:
- Rollovers for regular bonuses are often high
4. Xbet – Top Live Betting in Washington DC
One of the most popular ways to bet on sports in DC is with live betting. The best way to experience live betting is with a fast and responsive betting site that doesn’t distract with unnecessary fluff. Xbet is one of the fastest and stripped-back Washington DC betting sites in the best of ways. Perfectly crafted for in-play betting, you’ll struggle to miss any odds using this fast user interface.
Xbet is also one of the best racebooks on the market with great coverage of both North American races and international events too. You’ll also find daily horse racing rebates too. You’ll find some really diverse prop bets at Xbet also – such as being able to bet on the halftime show during the Super Bowl. Security conscience punters can rejoice as this bookie boasts 256-bit SSL encryption and a great range of cryptocurrencies too.
For new punters from DC, you can grab a $500 welcome bonus with the Xbet promo code INSIDEX at sign-up.
What we like:
- Unique prop bets
- 48-hour payouts
- Ongoing horse racing rebates
- Responsive in-play betting
What we don’t:
- Deposit fees on credit cards are high
5. BetUS – Best NFL Betting in Washington DC
Looking to bet on the Commanders? Well, when it comes to NFL betting in Washington DC, you can’t beat BetUS. The BetUS coverage of the NFL each year is truly outstanding – every game has a minimum of 40 prop bets, and we’ve seen them offer hundreds on some games. This Washington DC sports betting site is no slouch for US and international coverage of other sports either.
This is another bookie that takes e-sports seriously too – you’ll find more variety of games than many other competitors such as Tekken, StarCraft II, and Valorant. The BetUS TV platform is another unique addition that provides punters with great insights into their favorite sports with live streaming, match predictions, event previews, and sports analysis.
The BetUS welcome bonus is one of the biggest you’ll find in DC. Up to $3,125 can be claimed by using the BetUS promo code JOIN125.
What we like:
- Great analysis in BetUS TV
- Biggest range of NFL prop bets
- Great e-sports coverage
- Huge welcome bonus
What we don’t:
- Welcome bonus has a short expiry and high rollover
Discover Our Top Betting GuidesOffshore BettingOn the lookout for the best Offshore Betting Site? We have you covered, our guide compares the best gambling sites, providing top-tier bonus codes & more.Offshore BettingCash Out BettingJoin us as we look at the best Cash Out Betting Sites in the USA, providing useful tips, in-depth explanations and bonus codes.Cash Out BettingNew SportsbooksDon't miss out on the best New Sportsbooks in the USA 2023. Our guide covers everything you need to know, the latest features, bonus codes, & so much more.New SportsbooksHigh Limit BettingOur guide covers the best High Limit sportsbooks. Favoring those with the highest deposit limits, the largest welcome bonuses, and the best limits per wage.High Limit BettingSportsbooksDiscover more about the world of Sportsbook betting sites, reviewing the top 10 sites, where sports betting is legal, different types of bets, and much more.SportsbooksBetting AppsDo you prefer betting on your mobile? Explore betting on the go with our list of top-rated betting apps, featuring comparisons, top bonus codes, and more.Betting AppseSports BettingIn this guide, we cover everything you need to know about esports betting, from where it’s legal to what games are popular, to the top eSports betting sites.eSports BettingBest Sportsbooks on RedditThe Best Sportsbooks on Reddit - See which betting sites Reddit users rated as being the best. Join Today for $1,000 Bonuses and Free Bets!Sportsbooks on Reddit
Washington DC Online Sports Betting Sites Comparison
How do the best Washington DC betting sites stack up? We compare our top bookies on bonuses, markets, payments, and live streaming capabilities.
Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonus Bonus Code Sports to bet on Live Betting Live Streaming BetOnline 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ✅ MyBookie 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ❌ Everygame 3x $250 up to $750 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ❌ XBet 50% up to $500 INSIDEX 25+ ✅ ❌ Lucky Block 200% Bonus up to 10,000 EUR + 50 Free Spins N/A 40+ ✅ ✅ BetUS 125% up to $2,500 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ✅ BetNow 150% up to $150 INSIDERS 12+ ✅ ❌ BUSR 150% up to $2, 500 INSIDER150 20+ ✅ ❌ Jazz Sports 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 15+ ✅ ✅
More on gambling in Washington DC…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Washington DC in our expert guides below:
Sports Betting Guides State by StateWestSouthWestMidWestNorthEastSouthEast
Gambling Tax in Washington DC
If you win while sports betting in Washington DC, the taxman will be looking for its cut. At most US-based sportsbooks, the operator may do this for you – in the instance, your winnings are more than $600 and is 300x your stake. The tax rate is 24% that must be withheld for federal taxes, according to the IRS.
Online Washington DC betting sites like Bovada may not help with this as they are licensed abroad and in this case, it is expected that you declare your winnings in your yearly tax forms. It is always best to consult a tax professional before you do anything.
What Sports Can You Bet On in Washington DC?
This question should really be “what can’t you bet on in Washington DC”. Local sportsbooks cover a vast range of US and international sports while offshore betting sites feature almost every professional league and tournament in the world – be it NFL and NHL or European soccer, Indian cricket, and Australian Rugby. Some Washington DC sports betting sites even have odds for surfing, bowling, and WWE wrestling.
Esports Betting in Washington DC
You’ll struggle to find e-sports markets at land-based sportsbooks in Washington DC and Gambet DC doesn’t offer e-sports markets either. However, every Washington DC betting site on our top list offers plenty of e-sports events. You can easily bet on popular games like League of Legends, Dota 2, Valorant, CS: GO, and many others. This is an industry on the rise and new games become popular every year.
Types of Betting Markets
There is much more to sports betting in Washington DC than simply betting on who is going to win. You’ll actually find a number of different betting markets at online sports betting sites and sportsbooks in DC. With some experience and a good knowledge of a chosen sport, punters can earn some serious profit by looking into more varied markets and bet types.
Betting Types Explained
- Moneyline – Moneyline is how the odds for most bet types in the US are displayed. They are represented as a + and – and the values detail how much money can be won from a $100 bet. For example, +250 means a $100 bet would see you profit $250. However, -200 means you would need to bet $200 dollars to see a $100 profit. Other odd types include fractional and decimal which can be easier to understand.
- Proposition – Prop bets are any market that doesn’t simply cover the immediate result of the event. Look to markets like Most Touchdowns, Leading Goal Scorer, or Total Yards. Proposition bets cover all the intricacies of a sport and are perfect for those that really know their sport.
- Over/Under – over/under bets are markets that see punters betting on the exact value of something. These could be exact goals in soccer, sets in tennis, or points in basketball. You are betting on whether the value will be over or under a particular number – such as +2 goals or -20 points.
- Parlay – a parlay is a unique wager that is built up of multiple single wagers placed into a single betting slip. It involves 2 or more selections and requires all selections of the wager to win. It can be made up of multiple bet types – like Moneyline and prop bets – from different events. The combination of selection results in multiplied odds that can see massive payouts from very small wagers.
- Live Betting – also known as in-play betting, is the concept of wagering on a sport while the game is still being played. The odds during live betting dynamically shift with the state of the game. For example, the odds of a team winning will increase if they score a load of points in a short amount of time. There are usually tons of in-play prop bets to wager on too.
- Futures – This is a form of pre-match wager where you bet on the outcome of an entire league or tournament rather than a selected match. For example, this bet type would be wagering on the winner of the Super Bowl, Stanley Cup, or World Series, before a game is even played.
- Exotic Horse Racing Bets – horse racing has a number of unique bet types all of its own. This includes exotic bets on the exact finishes of races and even a parlay of sorts that sees punters wagering on the results of multiple races from a single meeting.
Bonuses at Washington DC Sportsbooks
All of the best Washington DC sports betting sites offer unique bonuses that range from massive welcome offers to handy reload bonuses and free bets. While every bookie will offer some variety in their promotions, they can all be placed into some common categories.
The matched deposit is a very popular bet type offered for sports betting in Washington DC and can be seen in reload bonuses and welcome offers. The welcome bonus is probably the biggest bonus you’ll ever be offered by an online sportsbook. A matched deposit is fairly simple – the bookie will match your deposit to a set amount.
For example, a 100% matched deposit of up to $1,000 would see a $1,000 deposit be matched with an additional $1,000 in bonus funds – that’s $2,000 to play with at a Washington DC Sports betting site. Be sure to be mindful of any rollover requirements.
You’ll see these offers fairly often, especially around major sporting events such as the Super Bowl or NBA playoffs. This offer is a small wager in which the bookie fronts the cost of the stake – typically limited to around $2 – $5. It’ll cost you nothing to place the wager and if the bet wins, you’ll receive the profit minus the stake amount.
There are usually strict requirements for a free bets bonus, such as no Parlays, must be placed on a specific event or sports, and there is usually a maximum odds limitation.
The no deposit bonus can be quite rare these days but does often pop up as either a small free bets bonus – or free spins in the casino section. As it appears on the box, this bonus involves no depositing of funds to claim the bonus – it’s essentially a free bonus. However, there will usually be some rollover requirements to turn any bonus funds into real money.
Rather than receiving a bonus for depositing funds, this offer is about returning some of a punter’s losses at Washington DC sports betting sites online. Typically offered as a small percent – around 5 – 10% – of money back for gambling losses, the cashback or rebate offer is often seen as a VIP perk or offered during major events. For horse racing fans, rebates are fairly common and offered almost every week at several leading Washington DC sports betting sites.
Key Bonus Terms
Before claiming any bonus while sports betting in Washington DC – especially a big welcome offer – you should always double-check the bonus terms and conditions. There are some rules that are important to ensure you take home some profit from a bonus offer and they’ll need to be understood to get the most out of any online bonus offering.
- Rollover – the rollover refers to how many times bonus funds must be wagered before it is then considered real money that can be withdrawn. For example, $100 with a 10x rollover would require $1,000 in bonus wagering before you could take home any remaining funds.
- Expiry Date – bonus funds won’t last forever. The length of the expiry date will typically be determined by the size of the bonus and can range between 7 – 3 days. This is how long you’ll have to clear a rollover requirement and keep any bonus funds.
- Minimum Odds – the minimum odds are a requirement on what bets can be placed using bonus funds or a free bet. Generally, it is to prevent punters from dropping funds on overly strong favorites and clearing bonuses too easily.
Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our ReviewsBetonline Promo CodeUnlock the latest BetOnline Promo Codes through the power of our dedicated guide. Discover everything you need to know, from promo codes to withdrawal methods!BetonlineMyBookie Promo CodeClaim some of the best and most exciting promo codes with our MyBookie Guide. We walk you through the best bonuses, all while explaining everything inbetween.MyBookieBusr Promo CodeJoin us as we explore one of our top-rated sportsbook & online casino, BUSR. Providing you with the best BUSR promotions and bonus codes, and so much more.BusrBovada Promo CodeDiscover everything you must know about the latest promo codes at Bovada, we cover everything from welcome bonuses, and opportunities to boost your wagers.BovadaBetus Promo CodeExplore the world of BetUS, with our all-inclusive review. Covering everything you need to know, and providing our readers with the best and newest promo codes.BetusXBet Promo CodesCheck out XBet Sporsbook, with our full review. Learn about the betting site, and grab all the latest bonus code, including an 100% bonus for new players.XBetEverygame Promo CodesFind out how Everygame has created one of the biggest and best promo packs in the online gambling sector. Check out our review for the latest tips & top info.Everygame
Read Our Sportsbook Payment GuideseCheck SportsbooksDiscover more as we reveal the best eCheck betting sites available; individually ranked, listing the pros and cons of each sportsbook.eCheckCash Out SportsbooksJoin us as we help you understand cash out betting, all whilst providing you with the best ranked and reviewed sportsbooks to use for cashouts & more.Cash OutBitcoin SportsbooksFind out the best sportsbooks and betting sites for bitcoin, and learn all about the best welcome bonuses, rebates, bitcoin terminology and much more.BitcoinCryptocurrencyWe unpack leading crypto sportsbooks & crypto betting site features, including platform reviews, deposit & withdrawal methods, welcome offers & more.Cryptocurrency
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods for Washington DC Online Sports Betting
We are talking about real money sports betting in Washington DC, after all. You’ll need to deposit funds to bet with and withdraw those brilliant winnings when you pick them right. Thankfully, offshore betting sites boast a vast range of payment methods such as cryptocurrencies, e-wallets, bank cards, and wire transfers.
Washington DC Sports Betting Site Payment Options Minimum Deposit Minimum Withdrawal Payout Time BetOnline Cheque, Money Order, Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, Wire Transfer, Skrill, Neteller $50 $50 24 Hours Bovada Credit card, debit card, MatchPay, Zelle, $10 $10 24 Hours MyBookie Credit card, debit card, wire transfer $20 $25 24 – 48 Hours Xbet VISA, MasterCard, Person 2 Person $20 $25 24 – 48 Hours BetUS VISA, MasterCard, American Express, cash transfer $10 $50 24 – 48 Hours
Washington DC Online Sports Betting Apps
Another big advantage of betting online is Washington DC mobile sports betting capabilities. This can be via optimized mobile betting sites or by downloading a dedicated sports betting app in Washington DC. Available for both iOS and Android devices, all the bookies on our top 10 list feature both mobile apps and mobile-optimized web pages that can be accessed via a number of supported browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
Live Betting & Streaming in Washington DC
The best way to enjoy live betting is through a Washington DC betting site that offers live streaming too. Successful live betting requires a punter to be able to watch every second of a game in real-time. While punters can choose to watch a game on TV, at a bar, or at the event itself, the best betting experience will be had by accessing everything on the same platform.
Many Washington DC betting sites offer live streaming, but BetOnline offers some of the best live streaming capabilities and coverage of any bookie in the US.
Learn More About Betting With BBI GuidesMoneyline BettingDelve into the concepts behind moneyline, including its calculator, spread comparisons, which online sportsbooks offer the best moneyline promotions, and more.Moneyline BettingPoints Spread BettingJoin us as we explore top spread betting sites, provide examples and detailed explanations at every turn to help increase your success rate, and more!Points Spread BettingOver Under BettingDiscover everything you need to know about Over Under Betting, from the best sportsbooks, how you can make more informed picks, and much more.Over Under BettingFutures BettingJoin us and learn about futures betting, how it works, how best to make money from futures betting and answer questions regarding this bet type, and more.Futures BettingHandicap BettingExplore how handicap betting works, which betting sites are best for handicap betting, strategies that will allow you to win more from these bets & more.Handicap BettingHedge BettingLearn how hedge sports betting works, where you can apply a hedge bet, which sports it works best with & how you can make guaranteed profits with hedge betting.Hedge BettingLive Sports BettingDiscover the top 10 best sportsbooks with live sports betting, the legality of live sports betting, some of the best bonuses out there and so much more.Live Sports BettingParlay Betting GuideExplore our parlay betting guide & learn everything from, what a parlay bet is, the different types, the best sportsbooks for parlay betting, the risks, & more.Parlay Betting GuidePolitics BettingJoin us as we highlight the politics betting sites that you can sign up with, as well creating an in-depth guide related to all things politics betting.Politics Betting
How to Compare Washington DC Sportsbooks
It doesn’t take much to determine a really poor and unsafe bookie from a truly exceptional Washington DC online sports betting site. All of the best bookies in our top 10 list exhibit the hallmarks of a great sports betting platform and by using the key factors identified below, you can ensure your chosen bookie is exceptional too.
Key Comparison Factors
- Range of markets – punters need more than just the ability to bet on the winner. Look for as many prop bets as possible and the ability to place interesting wagers like parlays. When NHL betting in Washington DC, you should be able to access more than 50 prop bets for a single game.
- Bonuses – we don’t just mean the welcome bonus when you sign up to a Washington DC sports betting site either. Think about the future. Check out the promo section of a bookie to see what they offer current customers. You’ll want to see reload bonuses, free bets, or cashback on a weekly basis.
- Payment methods – variety is the key here, as your choice of payment method may develop over time. But you also want to consider payment speeds and cost. Try to avoid using payment methods that incur high deposit fees. Most of the best Washington DC betting sites will offer some form of free payment method.
- Live betting & streaming – in-play betting is one of the most exciting ways to gamble and it can be quite lucrative too. Live streaming is the best way to supplement live betting as you can enjoy the action and bet without having to leave the platform. Make sure the live streaming bookie has an easy-to-navigate sportsbook and that it is quite responsive too.
- Licensing & security – this can be too often overlooked. Make sure your chosen Washington DC betting site is licensed. It is a great sign of a safe bookie that is regularly audited for fairness and security features.
Sportsbooks at Washington DC Casinos
With legal sports betting in Washington DC comes plenty of access to sportsbooks within the Capital. In May 2021, William Hill opened a sportsbook at the Capital One Arena – becoming the first professional sports arena in the US to offer a legal sportsbook. Since then, four bars and another professional stadium launched sportsbooks.
However, none of these sportsbooks are located within casino walls because there are none in DC. Due to the size and population density of D.C, it is unlikely we’ll see a casino in the area any time soon.
Are Online Casinos Legal in Washington DC?
Casino gambling isn’t allowed in D.C and residents have been forced to either head to nearby Maryland or use popular offshore online casinos like BetOnline and Bovada. While Washington DC gambling laws do extend to ban online casino gambling, the district appears to merely not recommend playing at offshore online casinos rather than prosecute anyone for doing so.
Attempts have been made in 2010 and 2012 to legalize online gambling in Washington DC but both attempts were quickly repealed.
DFS in Washington DC
With such favorable laws for online sports betting in Washington DC, it should come as little surprise to learn that Daily Fantasy Sports betting is allowed too. Technically, there simply isn’t a law that addresses fantasy sports and it simply seems that the DC council just isn’t interested.
Both DraftKings and FanDuel provide a DFS service to residents of Washington DC and there are a few smaller providers too. Residents of the District can freely build and bet on fantasy rosters and leagues online.
Horse Racing Betting in Washington DC
Again, DC isn’t a big area and has a population higher than that of Wyoming and Vermont. Even if horse racing was legal, you’re not going to get a racetrack built anywhere. Horse racing, like casino gambling, is illegal and you won’t find any Off-Track betting locations in Washington DC.
However, offshore gambling sites like Xbet and BetUS do offer online racebooks covering international and US racing. Legal online horse racing betting in Washington DC is unlikely to happen anytime soon, so for the moment, Washington DC online betting sites are the only viable option.
DC Legislative Resources
For residents of Washington DC interested in finding out more information on current legislation to do with sports betting and gambling in the state or would like to contact local and state representatives to express their opinions or concerns on the subject they can use the links below.
DC Gambling Resources
If you believe that you or someone you know has a gambling problem, then we encourage you to get in contact with the NCPG District of Columbia found at the link below, they can provide advice and local information, and treatment services in your area.
Conclusion: Washington DC Online Sports Betting
Thanks to legal sports betting, residents and guests in the District of Columbia can enjoy wagering on their favorite sports both online and at excellent land-based sportsbooks. However, the best odds, biggest bonuses, and most extensive coverage can be found at offshore Washington DC betting sites like BetOnline.Best BetOnline Promo Code in 2023
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
Washington DC Sportsbooks FAQ
Can you bet in Washington DC?
You most certainly can. Sports betting is legal in DC, but horse racing and casino betting are not.
Can you gamble at 18 in Washington DC?
Yes, the legal gambling age in Washington DC is 18. However, some land-based sportsbooks may require punters to be 21 years old due to liquor license requirements if they serve alcohol.
Does DC have sports betting?
Yes, DC does have sports betting. Bettors can choose to bet on sports online or at a number of sportsbooks located in bars and professional sports arenas like the Capital One Arena.
Is online betting legal in Washington DC?
Yes, online sports betting is. In fact, the DC Lottery even offers its own official sportsbook called GambetDC. However, online casino betting and horse racing betting are currently not allowed in DC.
After more than a decade working in sports and casino journalism, Karina has the inside scoop on everything from sports betting laws, gambling strategy, where the value on the Puck Line is, and everything in-between. Her insights into the biggest sports and inner workings of offshore casinos have landed her on the coveted pages of Augusta Free Press and The Sports Daily.
Sportsbooks in Your State
- NBA Playoffs 2023 Is Most Watched Postseason Since 2012
- Heat vs. Nuggets Odds, Picks, & Predictions Game 2 of 2023 NBA Finals
- How to Watch Heat vs. Nuggets Game 2 | Free NBA Playoffs Live Stream
- NBA Finals 2023 viewership down 3.76 million from Game 1 of Warriors-Celtics series opener
- Angel Reese Signs NIL Deal to Feature in Starry Commercial With Zion Williamson and KAT But You Can’t See Her