Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $112,414,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $136,606,000
Projection for 2022-23 (cap $119 million): Over the cap and luxury tax.
Roster Count: 13 guaranteed, three non-guaranteed, one two-way
PG: Stephen Curry, Jordan Poole, Gary Payton II, Chris Chiozza (two-way)
SG: Juan Toscano-Anderson, Moses Moody, Mychal Mulder, Damion Lee, Klay Thompson (injured)
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Otto Porter Jr, Andre Iguodala
PF: Draymond Green, Jonathan Kuminga
C: James Wiseman, Kevon Looney, Nemanja Bjelica
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Brad Wanamaker, expiring 2/11/22) — $2,250,000
- Trade Exception (Marquese Chriss, expiring 2/11/22) — $1,824,033
- Trade Exception (Eric Paschall, expiring 7/7/22) — $1,782,621
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $5,890,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Gary Payton II $1,977,011 ($659,004 guaranteed) — First game of the season ($1,318,008 guarantees)
- Damion Lee $1,910,860 ($500,000 guaranteed) — 1/7/22
- Mychal Mulder $1,782,621 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Nico Mannion (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed, issued)
- James Wiseman (third-year)
- Jordan Poole (fourth-year)
Waived Players: Alen Smailagic
Traded Players: Eric Paschall
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Chris Chiozza.
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $462,629 for the full 2021-22 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date.
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance)
Governor: Joe Lacob
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Mike Dunleavy Jr — assistant general manager
- Kent Lacob — director, team development
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson). May go to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela) if 31-55, otherwise to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Kevin Porter Jr).
- 2024 — Owe first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Charlotte Hornets (Brad Wanamaker).
- 2025 — Higher of the Washington Wizards and Warriors second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets, the lower to the Wizards (Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Omari Spellman).
- 2026 — Owed second-rounder (top-42 protected) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Mike Conley, Eric Paschall).
Cash Paid ($5,785,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,785,000 max): $0
- 10/19/21 — First day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- First game of the 2021-22 season — Gary Payton II’s salary guarantees at $1,318,008.
- 10/31/21 — Team options on Jordan Poole and James Wiseman.
- 12/15/21 — No-trade restrictions lift on Andre Iguodala, Nemanja Bjelica and Otto Porter Jr.
- 1/6/22 — No-trade restriction lifts on Stephen Curry.
- 1/7/22 — Gary Payton II’s $1,977,011 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Damion Lee’s $1,910,860 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 1/7/22 — Mychal Mulder and Juan Toscano-Anderson’s $1,782,621 guarantee for 2021-22.
- 2/11/22 — Marquese Chriss and Brad Wanamaker trade exceptions expired.
- 4/10/22 — Final day of the 2021-22 regular season.
- 6/23/22 — NBA Draft.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Chris Chiozza, Juan Toscano-Anderson and Mychal Mulder.
- 7/1/22 — Start of the 2022-23 calendar year and moratorium.
- 7/5/22 — Final day of the moratorium.
- 7/7/222 — Eric Paschall trade exception expires.
- Before the first day of the 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Jordan Poole.
- 10/31/22 — Team options on James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jordan Poole.
- Before the first day of the 2023-24 season — Extension deadline for James Wiseman.
- 10/31/23 — Team option on Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody.
- 6/29/24 — Qualifying offer deadline for James Wiseman.
- Before the first day of the 2024-25 season — Extension deadline for Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody.
- 6/29/25 — Qualifying offer deadline for Jonathan Kuminga and Moses Moody.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 14 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 6/28/21 — Kevon Looney opted into his contract.
- 7/29/21 — Issued a qualifying offer to Nico Mannion.
- 7/29/21 — Drafted Jonathan Kuminga (2021-7th) and Moses Moody (2021-14th).
- 8/3/21 — Signed Jonathan Kuminga (2021-7th) to a $24,855,347 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/4/21 — Waived Alen Smailagic.
- 8/5/21 — Signed Moses Moody (2021-14th) to a $17,024,109 rookie-scale contract.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Nemanja Bjelica to a one-year $2,089,448 minimum contract.
- 8/6/21 — Signed Otto Porter Jr to a one-year $2,389,641 minimum contract.
- 8/6/21 — Re-signed Stephen Curry to an extension for four additional seasons at $215,353,662.
- 8/7/21 — Traded Eric Paschall (generating a $1,782,621 trade exception) to the Utah Jazz (via the Derrick Favors trade exception) for a Memphis Grizzlies 2026 second-rounder (top-42 protected).
- 8/10/21 — Signed Andre Iguodala to a $2,641,691 minimum contract.
- 8/11/21 — Gary Payton II’s salary guaranteed at $659,004.
- 8/13/21 — Signed Chris Chiozza to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 8/15/21– Damion Lee’s salary guaranteed at $500,000 for 2021-22.
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Klay Thompson — 15 percent
- Draymond Green — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Justinian Jessup (2020-51st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th), Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: David West*** ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Andrew Bogut*** ($1,669,178), Jonas Jerebko*** ($1,669,178), Matt Barnes*** ($1,669,178), Nico Mannion (two-way, RFA), Jordan Bell (two-way)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Arena: Oracle Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/26/21)
Latest Golden State Warriors Betting Odds & Information
If you are looking to bet on the Golden State Warriors, make sure to check our guide about the best California betting sites. You can also use one of the numerous US online sportsbooks or one of the offshore betting sites.
The Golden State Warriors are always a popular NBA Futures betting pick and it’s no surprise to see them as one of the favorites to win the 2022 NBA Championships with the NBA betting apps who have released early odds.
The Warriors are priced at +800 to win the Championship and they are clearly one of the NBA Finals contenders, with only the Brooklyn Nets and LA Lakers shorter odds. If Steph Curry stays fit and Kaly Thompson finds form then it may be another good year for the Warriors. They’re one of the teams to beat and will be hungry after a lean couple of seasons.
These odds are subject to change though, particularly after the NBA Draft has been completed. For all up to date NBA Betting information be sure to check back elsewhere on the site regularly, where our team will not only post the latest odds from the best NBA Sportsbooks but also some analysis and expert predictions for the 2022 NBA season.
For free bets and bonuses on all NBA betting markets, be sure to check out our Sportsbooks Promo Codes section.