|Jason Thompson (waived)||$6,908,685|
Quick: Over the cap and the tax threshold.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$15.3 million
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception: $876,000 (partially used on Leandro Barbosa)
- Trade Exception (David Lee, expiring 7/27/16) — $5,387,825
- Trade Exception (Gerald Wallace, expiring 7/31/16) — $3,197,170
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Stephen Curry, Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson, Leandro Barbosa, Ian Clark
SF: Harrison Barnes, Brandon Rush, Andre Iguodala (injured)
PF: Draymond Green, James McAdoo, Kevon Looney
C: Andrew Bogut, Marreese Speights, Anderson Varejao, Festus Ezeli (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 5/22/16 — Anderson Varejao trade restriction lifts.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/30/16 — Shaun Livingston’s $5.8 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline for James McAdoo, Ian Clark, Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/27/16 — David Lee $5.4 million trade exception expires.
- 7/31/16 — Gerald Wallace $3.2 million trade exception expires.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Kevon Looney.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Kevon Looney.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Kevon Looney.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Brandon Rush opted into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Kevon Looney with the 30th pick in the draft.
- 6/29/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Draymond Green.
- 6/29/15 — Opted Marreese Speights into the final year of his contract.
- 7/7/15 — Signed Kevon Looney to a $5.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/9/15 — Re-signed Draymond Green to a five-year, $82 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Re-signed Leandro Barbosa to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Traded David Lee to Boston Celtics for Gerald Wallace and Chris Babb.
- 7/31/15 — Traded Gerald Wallace, $1,000,000 and the right to swap 2016 first-rounders with lower of Miami Heat or Oklahoma City Thunder’s first-rounders to Philadelphia 76ers for Jason Thompson.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Ian Clark to a non-guaranteed $974k minimum contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Jarell Eddie to a two-year, non-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 9/21/15 — Signed Juwan Staten to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/21/15 — Signed Tony Mitchell to a non-guaranteed $947k minimum summer contract.
- 9/28/15 — Signed Ben Gordon to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/15 — Signed Xavier Henry to a non-guaranteed $1.1 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/19/15 — Signed Chris Udofia to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/26/15 — Ian Clark’s salary guaranteed for $474k for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — Ian Clark’s $947k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/10/16 — James McAdoo’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 2/22/16 — Signed Anderson Varejao for the rest of the season at $459k.
- 6/23/16 — Traded $2.4 million to Milwaukee Bucks for rights to Pat McCaw (38th).
No-Trade: Leandro Barbosa
Waived Players: Tony Mitchell, Ben Gordon, Juwan Staten, Jarell Eddie, Chris Udofia, Chris Babb, Xavier Henry, Jason Thompson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Luke Walton, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser (player development), Keke Lyles (player performance), Steve Nash (player development consultant)
Trainer: Lachlan Penfold, Drew Yoder (assistant), Chelsea Lane (head performance therapist)
- Bob Myers — General Manager
- Travis Schlenk — Assistant General Manager and Director of Player Personnel
- Kirk Lacob — Assistant General Manager
- Larry Riley — Director of Scouting
- Larry Harris — Basketball Consultant/Scout
- Manager of Scouting — Patrick Sund
- Executive Board Member — Jerry West
- Larry Harris — Director of Player Personnel
- 2016 — Philadelphia 76ers have right to swap first-rounders, potentially sending the lower pick between Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami HEAT (Jason Thompson).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe first-rounder to the Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to Utah Jazz (Andre Iguodala).
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Denver Nuggets (Andre Iguodala).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $1.0 million to Philadelphia 76ers (Jason Thompson), $2.4 million to Milwaukee Bucks (Pat McCaw) — $0 remaining
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Ognjen Kuzmic
- Non-Bird: Jermaine O’Neal*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Andre Iguodala — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Charlie Bell.
D-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (Head Coach Casey Hill)
(Updated on 8/19/16)
- Pelicans agree to two-year extension with Larry Nance Jr.
- Denver Nuggets showing strong team chemistry in training camp
- Shaquille O’Neal interested in joining Jeff Bezos in bid to buy Suns
- Lakers-Warriors is second most expensive NBA regular season game
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson skipping both preseason games in Japan