|Kelly Oubre Jr||$14,375,000|
|Shaun Livingston (stretched)||$666,667|
|Gary Payton II (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Gary Payton II (expired 10-day)||$110,998|
|Gary Payton II||$11,898|
|Nico Mannion (two-way)|
|Jordan Bell (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and luxury tax.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-way
PG: Stephen Curry, Jordan Poole, Gary Payton II, Nico Mannion (two-way)
SG: Kelly Oubre, Damion Lee, Mychal Mulder, Klay Thompson (injured)
SF: Andrew Wiggins, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Kent Bazemore
PF: Draymond Green, Eric Paschall, Alen Smailagic
C: Kevon Looney, Jordan Bell, (two-way), James Wiseman (injured)
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Brad Wanamaker, expiring 2/11/22*) — $2,250,000
- Trade Exception (Marquese Chriss, expiring 2/11/22*) — $1,824,033
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $3,109,705 (Brad Wanamaker, Juan Toscano-Anderson)
*Exact Date TBD
Waived Players: Ky Bowman, Alex Toupane, Dwayne Sutton, Kaleb Wesson, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Elijah Pemberton
Traded Players: Brad Wanamaker, Marquese Chriss
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Gary Payton II (two)
G-League Affiliate: Santa Cruz Warriors (general manager Kent Lacob, Coach Aaron Miles)
Two-Way Contracts: Nico Mannion, Jordan Bell
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Head Coach: Steve Kerr (five-year, $25 million contract starting for 2014/15 season).
Assistants: Mike Brown, Ron Adams, Jarron Collins, Bruce Fraser, Chris DeMarco (assistant coach/director of player development)
Trainer: Drew Yoder (head athletic trainer), Rick Celebrini (director of sports medicine and performance)
Governor: Joe Lacob
- Bob Myers — president of basketball operations/general manager
- Kirk Lacob — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Larry Harris — assistant general manager/director of player personnel
- Mike Dunleavy Jr — assistant general manager
- Kent Lacob — director, team development
- Jonnie West — director of basketball operations
- Nick U’Ren — director of basketball operations
- David Kelly — chief legal officer, business and basketball
- 2021 — Owed a first-rounder (top-three protected, unprotected in 2022) from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Minnesota Timberwolves (D’Angelo Russell). May got to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Kelly Oubre).
- 2021 — Owe a first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to a Minnesota Timberwolves 2021 second-rounder) to the Oklahoma City Thunder (Kelly Oubre).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Toronto Raptors (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Matt Thomas).
- 2023 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alen Smailagic, Derrick Favors, Jordan Clarkson). May go to the Detroit Pistons (Andre Drummond).
- 2024 — Owe second-rounder to the Houston Rockets (Eric Paschall, Clint Capela) if 31-55, otherwise to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Kevin Porter Jr).
- 2024 — Owe first-rounder (top-4 protected in 2024, top-1 protected in 2025 and unprotected in 2026) to the Memphis Grizzlies (Andre Iguodala).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder (top-55 protected) from the Charlotte Hornets (Brad Wanamaker).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Durant).
- 2026 — Owe second-rounder to the Atlanta Hawks (Omari Spellman).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $2 million to the Charlotte Hornets (Brad Wanamaker), $1,850,000 to the San Antonio Spurs (Marquese Chriss) — $1,767,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — Drafted James Wiseman (2020-2nd), Nico Mannion (2020-48th) and Justinian Jessup (2020-51st)
- 11/20/20 — Waived Ky Bowman.
- 11/22/20 — Traded a 2021 first-rounder (top-20 protected, otherwise converts to a Minnesota Timberwolves 2021 second-rounder) and a Denver Nuggets 2021 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Kelly Oubre.
- 11/23/20 — Andre Iguodala trade exception ($2,810,185) expired.
- 11/23/20 — Kevin Durant trade exception ($869,699) expired.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Brad Wannamaker to a $2,250,000 contract.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Kent Bazemore to a $2,320,044 minimum contract.
- 11/24/20 — Shabazz Napier trade exception ($1,597,100) expired.
- 11/24/20 — Treveon Graham trade exception ($1,597,100) expired.
- 11/24/20 — Damian Jones trade exception ($407,257) expired.
- 11/25/20 — Signed Nico Mannion (2020-48th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/26/20 — Signed James Wiseman (2020-2nd) to a $39,619,840 rookie-scale contract.
- 11/26/20 — Granted a $9,258,000 disabled player exception for Klay Thompson.
- 11/28/20 — Marquese Chriss’ $1,824,003 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Dwayne Sutton to an $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Kaleb Wesson to an $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Axel Toupane to a $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/18/20 — Waived Alex Toupane, Dwayne Sutton and Kaleb Wesson.
- 12/19/20 — Signed Elijah Pemberton to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/20/20 — Waived Juan Toscano-Anderson and Elijah Pemberton.
- 12/21/20 — Mychal Mulder’s salary guaranteed at $200,000.
- 12/21/20 — Signed Juan Toscano-Anderson to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 12/29/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Jordan Poole.
- 2/24/21 — Damion Lee’s $1,762,796 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 2/24/21 — Mychal Mulder’s $1,517,981 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 3/11/21 — Willie Cauley-Stein trade exception ($2,177,483) expired.
- 3/22/21 — Jacob Evans ($1,925,880), Omari Spellman ($1,897,800), Alec Burks ($1,620,564) and Glenn Robinson III ($1,620,564) trade exceptions expired.
- 3/25/21 — Traded Brad Wanamaker, a Toronto Raptors 2022 second-rounder and $2 million to the Charlotte Hornets for a 2025 second-rounder (top-55 protected).
- 3/25/21 — Traded Marquese Chriss and $1,850,000 to the San Antonio Spurs for the rights to Cady Lalanne (2015-55th).
- 4/8/21 — Signed Gary Payton II to a 10-day $128,963 contract.
- 4/18/21 — Gary Payton II’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/19/21 — Klay Thompson’s disabled player exception ($9,258,000) expired.
- 4/19/21 — Re-signed Gary Payton II to a second 10-day $128,963 contract.
- 4/29/21 — Gary Payton II’s 10-day contract expired.
- 5/13/21 — Re-signed Juan Toscano-Anderson to a two-year $2,059,888 contract
- 5/13/21 — Signed Jordan Bell to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 5/16/21 — Re-signed Gary Payton II to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,988,909 contract.
- Stephen Curry — 15 percent
- Klay Thompson — 15 percent
- Draymond Green — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: David West*** ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Andrew Bogut*** ($1,620,564), Jonas Jerebko*** ($1,620,564), Matt Barnes*** ($1,620,564)
*** Cannot be included in a sign-and-trade
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Justinian Jessup (2020-51st), Cady Lalanne (2015-55th), Lior Eliyahu (2006-44th), Mladen Sekularac (2002-55th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Oracle Arena
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/25/21)