|Ty Lawson (waived)||$12,179,495|
|Marcus Thornton (waived)||$947,276|
|Chuck Hayes (waived)||$88,187|
Quick: Over the cap, over the luxury tax threshold and hard-capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-42.2 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $1,274,206 (partially used on K.J. McDaniels, Montrezl Harrell)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: Patrick Beverley, Jason Terry
SG: James Harden, K.J. McDaniels, Andrew Goudelock
SF: Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Sam Dekker
PF: Donatas Motiejunas, Michael Beasley, Terrence Jones, Josh Smith, Montrezl Harrell
C: Dwight Howard, Clint Capela
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/4/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Michael Beasley.
- 6/9/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Andrew Goudelock.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/29/16 — Player option for Dwight Howard.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Michael Beasley’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/1/16 — Andrew Goudelock’s $1.0 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team options for Sam Dekker and Clint Capela.
- 6/29/17 — Team option for K.J. McDaniels.
- 10/31/17 — Team option for Clint Capela.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline for Clint Capela.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Clint Capela and Montrezl Harrell.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Sam Dekker.
- 1/10/19 — Patrick Beverley’s $5.0 million guarantees for 18/19.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Sam Dekker.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is Jan. 10.
- 6/24/15 — Opted Kostas Papanikolaou into the final year of his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Sam Dekker with the 18th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Montrezl Harrell with the 32nd pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Patrick Beverley.
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to K.J. McDaniels.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Patrick Beverley to a four-year, $23.1 million partially-guaranteed contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Corey Brewer to a three-year, $23.4 million contract.
- 7/20/15 — Renounced the rights to Jason Terry.
- 7/20/15 — Traded Joey Dorsey, Nick Johnson, Kostas Papanikolaou, Pablo Prigioni, a lottery-protected 2016 first-rounder and $440k to Denver Nuggets for Ty Lawson and a 2017 second-rounder. Lawson removed salary protection on 16/17 salary.
- 7/20/15 — Signed K.J. McDaniels to a three-year, $10 million deal, team option on final season.
- 7/20/15 — Signed Sam Dekker (2015-18th) to a $7.9 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/24/15 — Signed Marcus Thornton to a $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 8/24/15 — Re-signed Jason Terry to a $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 9/2/15 — Signed Remi Yusuf to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 9/3/15 — Signed Denzel Livingston to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/3/15 — Signed Will Cummings to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Chris Walker to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Joshua Smith to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/18/15 — Signed Montrezl Harrell (2015-32nd) to a three-year, $3.1 million contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Jeremy Tyler to a non-guaranteed $981k minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/15 — Claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers (Atlanta Hawks).
- 11/2/15 — Picked up the team option on Clint Capela.
- 11/1/15 — Signed Chuck Hayes to a non-guaranteed $1.5 million minimum contract.
- 11/18/15 — Fired Coach Kevin McHale.
- 1/22/16 — Traded the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) to Los Angeles Clippers for Josh Smith, the rights to Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th) and $456,921.
- 2/18/16 — Traded Donatas Motiejunas and Marcus Thornton to Detroit Pistons, and Denver Nuggets’ 2017 second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers, for a protected 2016 first-rounder from Detroit and the rights to Chukwudiebere Maduabum (2011-56th) from Philadelphia.
- 2/22/16 — Trade with Detroit Pistons and Philadelphia 76ers rescinded.
- 3/7/16 — Signed Michael Beasley to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.7 million contract.
- 3/9/16 — Signed Andrew Goudelock to a two-year, partially guaranteed $1.2 million contract.
Waived Players: Remi Yusuf, Joshua Smith, Jeremy Tyler, Arsalan Kazemi, Will Cummings, Denzel Livingston, Chris Walker, Chuck Hayes, Marcus Thornton, Ty Lawson
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Brad Newly (2007-54th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff (interim)
Assistants: Chris Finch, Greg Buckner
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning)
- Daryl Morey — General Manager
- Gersson Rosas — Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations
- Eli Witus — Vice President of Basketball Operations
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from New York Knicks, (Raymond Felton, Jrue Holiday, Wayne Ellington, Jason Terry).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (lottery protected, otherwise Portland Trail Blazers 2017 second-rounder) to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (top-45 protected) to Minnesota Timberwolves (Corey Brewer).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Portland Trail Blazers (Thomas Robinson).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni).
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $440k to Denver Nuggets (Ty Lawson)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $456,921 from Los Angeles Clippers (Josh Smith)
- Dwight Howard — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on Luis Scola.
D-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Gianluca Pascucci, head coach Matt Brase)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/21/16)
- Thunder trade Favors, Jerome, Harkless to Rockets for Nwaba, Brown
- Bojan Bogdanovic seeks contract extension with Pistons
- Mark Cuban says biggest regret was letting Steve Nash leave Mavericks
- Blake Griffin agrees to one-year deal with Boston Celtics
- JJ Redick lowers price of Brooklyn penthouse to $7 million