|Luc Mbah a Moute||$1,471,382|
|Troy Williams (stretched)||$1,471,382|
|Bobby Brown (waived)||$714,787|
|Bobby Brown (waived)||$515,399|
|Brandan Wright (waived)||$490,461|
|Cameron Oliver (waived)||$300,000|
|Tim Quarterman (waived)||$96,406|
|Demetrius Jackson (expired 10-day)||$74,159|
|Isaiah Canaan (waived)||$53,465|
|Le’Bryan Nash (expired 10-day)||$46,080|
|Christapher Johnson (waived)||$25,000|
|Markel Brown (two-way)|
|R.J. Hunter (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $99,093,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $119,266,000
Hard Cap: $125,266,000
- Mid-Level Exception: $350.00 (P.J. Tucker, Zhou Qui)
- Bi-Annual Exception: $0 (Tarik Black)
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Chris Paul, Eric Gordon
SG: James Harden, Gerald Green, Aaron Jackson, R.J. Hunter (two-way), Markel Brown (two-way)
SF: Trevor Ariza, P.J. Tucker, Joe Johnson
PF: Ryan Anderson, Luc Mbah a Moute
C: Clint Capela, Nene, Tarik Black, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
G-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Jimmy Paulis, head coach Matt Brase)
Two-Way Contracts: R.J. Hunter (two years, Markel Brown (one year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni (estimated $15 million, three-year deal starting for 2016-17 season)
Assistants: Jeff Bzdelik, Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- Monte McNair — vice president of basketball operations
- Jimmy Paulis — director of player personnel
- Sachin Gupta — special advisor
- 2018 — Owe a first-rounder (top-three protected through 2023, unprotected in 2024) to Atlanta Hawks (Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford).
- 2018 — Owed a second-rounder, the lowest from Memphis Grizzlies (Dillon Brooks), Miami HEAT or Charlotte Hornets.
- 2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Shawn Long).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks or Los Angeles Clippers.
Cash Paid ($5.1 million max): $0
Cash Received ($5.1 million max): $0
- 6/22/17 — Drafted Isaiah Hartenstein (43rd).
- 6/22/17 — Traded the rights to Dillon Brooks (45th) to Memphis Grizzlies for a 2018 second-rounder.
- 6/28/17 — Traded cash $75,000 to Atlanta Hawks for Ryan Kelly.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $175,000 to Dallas Mavericks for DeAndre Liggins.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $100,000 and a second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers for Shawn Long.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $100,000 to Portland Trail Blazers for Tim Quarterman.
- 6/28/17 — Traded $1.0 million to Detroit Pistons for Darrun Hilliard.
- 6/28/17 — Traded Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Sam Dekker, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Wiltjer, Darrun Hilliard, DeAndre Liggins, a protected 2018 first-rounder and $661,072 to Los Angeles Clippers for Chris Paul.
- 6/29/17 — Traded cash $75,000 to Dallas Mavericks for Jarrod Uthoff.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Zhou Qi (2016-43rd) to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $5,565,327, team option on final season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed Nene to a three-year, $10,954,440 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/6/17 — Signed P.J. Tucker to a partially-guaranteed four-year, $31,878,148 contract.
- 7/7/17 — Signed James Harden to a four-year, maximum extension currently valued at $169,344,000, player option on final season.
- 7/7/17 — Signed Cameron Oliver to a partially-guaranteed two-year, $2,193,857 contract.
- 7/10/17 — Signed Luc Mbah a Moute to a one-year, $2,116,955 contract.
- 7/17/17 — Signed Tarik Black to a one-year, $3,290,000 contract.
- 7/23/17 — Signed Troy Williams to a partially-guaranteed three-year, $4,693,068 contract.
- 8/21/17 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a one-year, two-way contract.
- 9/22/17 — Signed Chris Johnson to a partially-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 contract.
- 9/25/17 — Signed Bobby Brown to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,524,305 summer contract with exhibit nine.
- 9/27/17 — Signed George de Paula to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract.
- 10/14/17 — Signed Danuel House to a non-guaranteed one-year, $815,615 summer contract with exhibits nine and 10.
- 10/16/17 — Troy Williams’ $1,471,382 guaranteed for 2017-18.
- 10/23/17 — Signed Briante Weber to a two-way contract.
- 10/25/17 — Signed Isaiah Canaan to a non-guaranteed one-year, $1,577,230 contract.
- 12/28/17 — Signed Gerald Green to a non-guaranteed rest of season contract at $947,248.
- 1/5/18 — Signed Demetrius Jackson to a 10-day, $74,159 contract
- 1/14/18 — Signed R.J. Hunter to a two-way contract.
- 1/15/18 — Signed Markel Brown to a two-way contract.
- 2/8/18 — Signed Bobby Brown for the rest of the season at $533,937.
- 2/12/18 — Signed Brandan Wright for the rest of the season at $776,217.
- 2/14/18 — Signed Joe Johnson for the rest of the season at $749,905.
- 3/23/18 — Signed Le’Bryan Nash to a 10-day, $46,080 contract.
- 3/30/18 — Signed Tim Quarterman to a two-year, $1,641,357 contract, team option on final season.
- 4/11/18 — Picked up Tim Quarterman’s (non-guaranteed) team option for 2018-19.
- 4/11/18 – Signed Aaron Jackson to a two-year, $1,382,850 contract, team option on final season.
Waived Players: Ryan Kelly, Jarrod Uthoff, Shawn Long, Christapher Johnson, Isaiah Taylor, George de Paula, Tim Quarterman (twice), Cameron Oliver, Isaiah Canaan, Danuel House, Bobby Brown (twice), Demetrius Jackson (two-way), Briante Weber (two-way), Troy Williams (stretched), Brandan Wright
Traded Players: Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley, Kyle Wiltjer, Montrezl Harrell, Sam Dekker, DeAndre Liggins, Darrun Hilliard
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Demetrius Jackson, Le’Bryan Nash
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd), Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Jon Diebler (2011-51st), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Arena: Toyota Center
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
No-Trade: James Harden (signing restriction until 7/7/18)
- James Harden — 15 percent
- Tarik Black — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/7/18)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Chris Finch Contract, Salary, Net Worth, Coaching Record, and Wife
- Lakers More Interested in DeMar DeRozan than Zach LaVine
- Jrue Holiday Averaging Career-High in Rebounds Per Game
- Four Things With Frank: Alperen Şengün’s Scoring Leap, An Intriguing Cavs Lineup And More
- Pistons’ Bojan Bogdanovic (calf) could make season debut Saturday vs. Cavaliers