|Zhou Qi (waived)||$506,134|
|Troy Williams (waived)||$122,741|
|Danuel House (waived)||$94,003|
|Terrence Jones (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Terrence Jones (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|James Nunnally (waived)||$76,236|
|Chris Chiozza (expired 10-day)||$47,371|
|Trevon Duval (two-way)|
|Vincent Edwards (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Chris Paul, Austin Rivers, Chris Chiozza, Trevon Duval
SG: Eric Gordon, Gerald Green, Danuel House, Michael Frazier
SF: James Harden, Iman Shumpert, Vincent Edwards (two-way)
PF: P.J. Tucker, Gary Clark
C: Kenneth Faried, Isaiah Hartenstein, Nene, Clint Capela (injured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Chinanu Onuaku, expiring 8/2/19) — $1,544,951
- Trade Exception (Ryan Anderson, expiring 8/31/19) — $2,584,136
- Trade Exception (Michael Carter-Williams, expiring 1/7/20) — $955,172
- Trade Exception (Carmelo Anthony, expiring 1/22/20) — $1,512,601
- Trade Exception (Brandon Knight, expiring 2/7/20) — 3,620,016
- Trade Exception (Marquese Chriss, expiring 2/7/20) — $3,206,160
- Trade Exception (Wade Baldwin, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,544,951
- Trade Exception (Nik Stauskas, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,512,601
- Trade Exception (James Ennis, expiring 2/7/20) — $1,621,415
- Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $3,787,973 (Isaiah Hartenstein, Gary Clark, Chris Chiozza, Michael Frazier)
Waived Players: Aaron Jackson, R.J. Hunter (two-way), Rob Gray, Bruno Caboclo, Tim Bond, Angel Rodriguez, Brandon Sampson, Alessandro Gentile, Danuel House
Expired 10-Day Contracts: James Nunnally (ended early), Chris Chiozza, Terrence Jones (two)
Traded Players: Chinanu Onuaku, Ryan Anderson, Michael Carter-Williams, Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss, Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, James Ennis
G-League Affiliate: Rio Grande Valley Vipers (general manager Jimmy Paulis, head coach Matt Brase)
Two-Way Contracts: Vince Edwards, Trevon Duval
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,737/$544
Head Coach: Mike D’Antoni
Assistants: Roy Rogers, Brett Gunning, John Lucas (player development), Josh Oppenheimer (player development), Kevin Burleson (player development)
Trainers: Jason Biles, Joe Rogowski (strength and conditioning), Keith Jones (sports performance and rehabilitation), Jason Biles (sports performance and rehabilitation), Javair Gillett (sports performance and rehabilitation)
- Daryl Morey — general manager
- Gersson Rosas — executive vice president of basketball operations
- Eli Witus — vice president of basketball operations
- Monte McNair — assistant general manager
- Jimmy Paulis — director of player personnel
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2023, then converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alec Burks).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Pablo Prigioni), may convey to Orlando Magic, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks or Los Angeles Clippers.
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder from Golden State Warriors (Andrew Bogut, Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2020 — Owed second-rounder (56-60 range) from the Memphis Grizzlies (Justin Holiday, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (top-39 protected or $500,000) to Dallas Mavericks (Chinanu Onuaku).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings (either Houston’s own or the Golden State Warriors, Iman Shumpert).
- 2021 — Can swap second-rounders with the Philadelphia 76ers (James Ennis).
- 2022 — Owe second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Alec Burks).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $2,044,951 to Dallas Mavericks ($500,000 conditional, Chinanu Onuaku), $1,065,696 to Chicago Bulls (Michael Carter-Williams), $1,566,570 to the Chicago Bulls (Carmelo Anthony) — $565,783 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $110,000 from the Indiana Pacers (Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin) — $5,133,000 remaining
- 6/21/18 — Drafted De’Anthony Melton (46th).
- 6/22/18 — Traded $1.5 million to Utah Jazz for the rights to Vincent Edwards (2018-52nd).
- 6/29/18 — Opted Aaron Jackson into the final year of his contract.
- 6/29/18 — Issued qualifying offers to Clint Capela and Markel Brown.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Vince Edwards (2018-52nd) to a one-year non-guaranteed $838,464 minimum contract.
- 7/3/18 — Signed Gary Clark to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum contract.
- 7/6/18 — Signed Michael Carter-Williams to a partially-guaranteed one-year $1,757,429 minimum contract.
- 7/7/18 — Re-signed Chris Paul to a four-year $159,730,592 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/9/18 — Re-signed Gerald Green to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 7/13/18 — Revoked qualifying offer to Markel Brown.
- 7/13/18 — Signed James Ennis to a two-year $3,466,716 contract, player option on final season.
- 7/25/18 — Signed Isaiah Hartenstein (2017-43rd) to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,919,177 contract.
- 7/27/18 — Signed Clint Capela to a five-year $90 million contract (incentives TBD).
- 8/2/18 — Traded Chinanu Onuaku, 2020 second-round swap rights (with a $500,000 contingency) and $1,544,951 to Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th).
- 8/10/18 — Signed Rob Gray to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/13/18 — Signed Carmelo Anthony to a one-year $2,393,887 minimum contract.
- 8/20/18 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a non-guaranteed one-year $1,621,415 minimum summer contract.
- 8/31/18 — Traded Ryan Anderson and the rights to De’Anthony Melton (2018-46th) to Phoenix Suns for Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss.
- 10/9/18 — Signed Brandon Sampson to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/10/18 — Signed Angel Rodriquez to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Tim Bond to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/12/18 — Signed Alessandro Gentile (2014-53rd) to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/15/18 — Converted Gary Clark to a two-way contract.
- 10/15/18 — Converted Vince Edwards to a two-way contract.
- 10/31/18 — Declined the team option on Marquese Chriss.
- 11/26/18 — Signed Danuel House to a rest-of-season non-guaranteed $1,027,969 minimum contract.
- 12/6/18 — Signed Danuel House to a two-way contract.
- 12/8/18 — Signed Gary Clark to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,677,586 contract.
- 12/24/18 — Signed Austin Rivers for the rest of the season at $1,155,324.
- 1/7/18 — Traded Michael Carter Williams and $1,065,696 to the Chicago Bulls for a protected 2020 second-rounder.
- 1/16/19 — Signed James Nunnally to a $76,236 10-day contract.
- 1/21/19 — Signed Kenneth Faried to a rest-of-season $917,271 minimum contract.
- 1/22/19 — Traded Carmelo Anthony, the rights to Jon Diebler (2011-51st) and $1,566,570 to the Chicago Bulls for the rights to Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd).
- 2/7/19 — Traded Brandon Knight, Marquese Chriss, a 2019-first-rounder and a 2022 second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers and a 2020 second-rounder to the Sacramento Kings for Iman Shumpert from the Kings and a 2021 Milwaukee Bucks second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Nik Stauskas, Wade Baldwin, a 2021 Milwaukee Bucks second-rounder and the rights to Maarty Leunen (2008-54th) to the Indiana Pacers for $110,000.
- 2/7/19 — Traded James Ennis to the Philadelphia 76ers for 2021 second-round swap rights.
- 2/22/19 — Signed Terrence Jones to a $99,290 10-day contract.
- 2/22/19 — Signed Chris Chiozza to a $47,371 10-day contract.
- 3/4/19 — Chris Chiozza’s 10-day contracts expired.
- 3/4/19 — Signed Terrence Jones to a $99,290 10-day contract.
- 3/13/19 — Signed Danuel House for the rest of the season at $247,27, ceasing his two-way contract.
- 3/14/19 — Terrence Jones’ 10-day contract expired.
- 3/23/19 — Signed Chris Chiozza to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,170718 contract, team option on final season.
- 3/16/19 — Claimed the two-way contract of Trevon Duval off waivers (Milwaukee Bucks).
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Marko Todorovic (2013-45th), Sergio Llull (2009-34th), Tadija Dragicevic (2008-53rd), Axel Hervelle (2005-52nd), Serhiy Lishchuk (2004-49th), Venson Hamilton (1999-50th)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Tarik Black ($3,948,000, non-Bird)
- Joe Johnson ($1,499,698, non-Bird)
- Markel Brown (two-way, non-Bird)
- James Harden — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: Toyota Center
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/17/19)
- Devin Booker trails DeMar DeRozan for most go-ahead FGs in final 5 seconds since 2015
- Kevin Durant reveals he requested a trade out of Brooklyn because they didn’t ‘build an identity’
- Nuggets remain perfect at home inspired by Nikola Jokic’s season-high 39 points
- Celtics’ Kristaps Porzingis (calf strain) to be reevaluated in 1 week
- LeBron James shared how ‘special’ it felt to beat Cleveland on the day he opened museum in Akron