Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2021-22 ($112,414,000 cap): Over the cap.
NBA Draft: No. 13, No. 54 from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin), No. 60 from the Utah Jazz (Jarrell Brantley); No. 44 to the Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Roster Count: Nine guaranteed, two non-guaranteed, one team option, one two-way
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, Aaron Holiday, Edmond Sumner (TO)
SG: Caris LeVert, Jeremy Lamb, Kelan Martin
SF: TJ Warren, Justin Holiday
PF: Domantas Sabonis, Oshae Brissett
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze, Amida Brimah (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (TJ Leaf, expiring 8/9/21) — $2,808,844
- Trade Exception (Victor Oladipo, expiring 11/22/21) — $4,796,296
- Projected Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception — $9,536,000
- Projected Bi-Annual Exception — $3,732,000
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Kelan Martin $1,701,593 — 8/7/21
- Oshae Brissett $1,701,593 — 1/7/22
* Teams and players can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
- Edmond Sumner $2,320,000 (team)
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Doug McDermott ($13,933,333), Edmond Sumner ($4,104,000 on opt out)
- Early Bird: TJ McConnell ($4,550,000), JaKarr Sampson ($1,669,178)
- Non-Bird: Cassius Stanley (two-way, RFA)
- Cassius Stanley (two-way with $50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- Aaron Holiday
- Goga Bitadze (fourth-year)
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: Amida Brimah
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service. TBD for 2021-22.
Governor: Herb Simon
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- Larry Bird — advisor to the president of basketball operations
- Ryan Carr — vice president of player personnel
- Ted Wu — vice president of basketball operations
Head Coach: Rick Carlisle
Assistants (TBD): As of the end of 2020-21, Greg Foster, Kaleb Canales, Calbert Cheaney, Tyler Marsh
Training Staff: Josh Corbeil (senior director of medical operations/head athletic trainer), Carl Eaton (associate head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Shawn Windle (director of sports performance)
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic (Malcolm Brogdon, Jordan Nwora).
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden). The Thunder may send their resulting second to the Celtics (Kemba Walker).
- 2024 — The New York Knicks get the higher pick between the Utah Jazz and Cleveland Cavaliers (Leandro Bolmaro), the remaining pick to the Pacers (James Harden).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (TJ Leaf).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2.6 million from the Brooklyn Nets (Caris LeVert) — $2,617,000 remaining
- 7/17/21 — No-trade restriction lifts on Oshae Brissett.
- 7/29/21 — NBA Draft.
- 7/31/21 — Team option on Edmond Sumner.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- 8/9/21 — TJ Leaf trade exception expires.
- One day after the 2021-22 moratorium — Kelan Martin’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2021-22.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- 10/31/21 — Team option on Goga Bitadze.
- 11/22/21 — Victor Oladipo trade exception expires.
- 1/7/22 — Oshae Brissett’s $1,701,593 guarantees for 2021-22.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Aaron Holiday and Kelan Martin.
- 6/29/22 — Team option on Oshae Brissett.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Goga Bitadze.
- 1/7/23 — Oshae Brissett’s $1,846,738 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Goga Bitadze.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates but no later than January 7 each year.
- 6/9/21 — Fired Coach Nate Bjorkgren.
- 6/22/21 — Received the No. 13 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery.
- 6/24/21 — Hired Coach Rick Carlisle.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 7/2/21)