Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped via the Malcolm Brogdon sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): None
Roster Count: 11 guaranteed, one partially-guaranteed
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, T.J. McConnell, Aaron Holiday
SG: Victor Oladipo, Jeremy Lamb, Edmond Sumner
SF: T.J. Warren, Doug McDermott
PF: Domantas Sabonis, T.J. Leaf
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft: 54th; 24th to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- TJ McConnell $3,500,000 ($1 million guaranteed) — 11/19/20
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Early Bird: Alize Johnson (RFA**, $1,820,564)
- Non-Bird: Justin Holiday ($5,720,400), JaKarr Sampson ($1,620,564), Brian Bowen II (RFA**, $1,445,697), Naz Mitrou-Long (RFA**, $1,445,697)
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
- Alize Johnson — $1,820,564
- Brian Bowen II — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
- Naz Mitrou-Long — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- TJ Leaf
- Goga Bitadze
- Aaron Holiday
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: None
- Domantas Sabonis $15,685,911
Note: Expires at the start of the 2020-21 year.
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Nate Bjorkgren
Assistants: Greg Foster, Kaleb Canales, Bill Bayno
Training Staff: Josh Corbeil (head athletic trainer)
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (one year following the obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2026 — Owed second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (T.J. Warren).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1 million to the Phoenix Suns (T.J. Warren) — $4,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- 11/19/20 — T.J. McConnell’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 11/19/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alize Johnson, Brian Bowen II and Naz Mitrou-Long.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/21/20 — NBA moratorium.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- 11/27/20 — Deadline to withdraw qualifying offer to Alize Johnson, Brian Bowen II and Naz Mitrou-Long.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/9/20 — Deadline to stretch a player on the 2020-21 books.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 1/29/20 — Team options on Aaron Holiday and Goga Bitadze.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 7/31/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 7/31/21 — Team option on Edmond Sumner.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- Before the first day of 2021-22 season — Extension deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- Before the first day of 2022-23 season — Extension deadline for Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Goga Bitadze.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 8/26/20 — Fired coach Nate McMillan.
- 10/20/20 — Hired coach Nate Bjorkgren.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/20)