Quick: Spent over the cap. Hard-capped via the Malcolm Brogdon sign and trade.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($117 million cap): None
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two non/partially-guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, T.J. McConnell, Aaron Holiday
SG: Jeremy Lamb, Edmond Sumner, C.J. Wilcox, Naz Mitrou-Long, Victor Oladipo (injured)
SF: T.J. Warren, Doug McDermott, Justin Holiday, Brian Bowen II (two-way), JaKeenan Gant, JaKarr Sampson
PF: Domantas Sabonis, T.J. Leaf, Alize Johnson
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Room Exception — $0 (Justin Holiday)
- C.J. Wilcox $1,678,854
- JaKeenan Gant $898,310
Waived Players: None
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Traded Players: None
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: Brian Bowen II, Naz Mitrou-Long
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: TBD
Head Coach: Nate McMillan
Assistants: Dan Burke, Popeye Jones, Bill Bayno, David McClure (player development coach)
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Peter Dinwiddie — senior vice president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- 2020 — Owe a first-rounder (lottery protected through 2025, unprotected in 2026) to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder (31-44 range, unprotected in 2023) to Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder (one year following the obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2022 — Owed second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2025 — Owed second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
- 2025 — Owe second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2026 — Owed second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Thaddeus Young).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $1 million to the Phoenix Suns (T.J. Warren) — $4,617,000 remaining
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 8/14/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Goga Bitadze.
- 8/29/19 — No-trade restriction lifts on Naz Mitrou-Long
- Before first day of 2019 season — Extension Deadline for Domantas Sabonis.
- 10/31/19 — Team options on T.J. Leaf and Aaron Holiday.
- 12/15/19 — No-trade restrictions lift on JaKarr Sampson, C.J. Wilcox, Edmond Sumner, T.J. McConnell, Justin Holiday, Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb and JaKeenan Gant.
- 1/10/20 — C.J. Wilcox’s $1,678,854 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 1/10/20 — JaKeenan Gant’s $898,310 guarantees for 2019-20.
- 6/26/20 — T.J. McConnell’s $3.5 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 6/29/20 — Qualifying offer deadlines for Alize Johnson, Edmond Sumner and Domantas Sabonis.
- Before first day of 2020 season — Extension deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 10/31/20 — Team options on Aaron Holiday and Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for T.J. Leaf.
- 6/29/21 — Team option on Edmond Sumner.
- Before first day of 2021 season — Extension deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- 10/31/20 — Team option on Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Aaron Holiday.
- Before first day of 2022 season — Extension deadline for Goga Bitadze.
- 6/29/23 — Qualifying offer deadline for Goga Bitadze.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is January 10, although players need to clear 48 hours of waivers.
- 6/20/19 — Drafted Goga Bitadze (18th) and Jarrell Brantley (50th).
- 6/21/19 — Traded the rights to Jarrell Brantley (50th) to the Utah Jazz for a 2021 second-rounder and $1,000,000.
- 6/29/19 — Declined team option and extended qualifying offer to Edmond Summer.
- 7/1/19 — Signed Brian Bowen II to a two-way contract.
- 7/1/19 — Sign C.J. Wilcox to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 10).
- 7/1/19 — Signed JaKeenan Gant to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibit 10).
- 7/6/19 — Renounced the rights to Thaddeus Young, Bojan Bogdanovic, Wesley Matthews, Cory Joseph, Darren Collison, Tyreke Evans, Davon Reed and Kyle O’Quinn.
- 7/6/19 — Traded $1 million to the Phoenix Suns for T.J. Warren, with the Suns trading the rights to KZ Okpala (32nd) to the Miami HEAT and Miami sending three second-rounders to the Pacers.
- 7/6/19 — Traded a protected 2020 first-rounder and two second-rounders to the Milwaukee Bucks for Malcolm Brogdon, via sign and trade, on a four-year $85.0 million contract.
- 7/7/19 — Signed Jeremy Lamb to a three-year $31.5 million contract.
- 7/15/19 — Signed Goga Bitadze (2019-18th) to a $13,638,019 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/15/19 — Alize Johnson’s $1,416,852 guaranteed for 2019-20.
- 7/29/19 — Re-signed Edmond Sumner to a three-year $6,480,000, team option on final season.
- 7/29/19 — Signed T.J. McConnell to a partially-guaranteed two-year $7 million contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Naz Mitrou-Long to a two-way contract.
- 7/31/19 — Signed Justin Holiday to a $4,767,000 contract.
- 8/2/19 — Signed JaKarr Sampson to a one-year $1,737,145 contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
For notes on some of the rules and an explanation of cap holds, please refer to the following Salary Notes.
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 8/12/19)