|Chase Budinger (waived)||$5,000,000|
|Glenn Robinson III||$1,100,000|
|Toney Douglas (waived)||$440,100|
|Terran Petteway (waived)||$6,178|
Quick: Cap space spent
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $7.5-$30.4 million
- Room: $2,814,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed
PG: George Hill, Rodney Stuckey, Ty Lawson, Joseph Young
SG: Monta Ellis Solomon Hill
SF: Paul George, C.J. Miles, Glenn Robinson III
PF: Myles Turner, Lavoy Allen
C: Ian Mahinmi, Jordan Hill, Shayne Whittington, Rakeem Christmas
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 8/1/16 — Glenn Robinson III’s $1.1 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 8/1/16 — Shayne Whittington’s $1.0 guarantees for 16/17.
- 10/31/16 — Team option on Myles Turner.
- Ten days prior to NBA Draft, or day following team’s final game, no later than 6/29/17 — Player option on Rodney Stuckey.
- 6/20/17 or two days after teams last game, no later than 6/29/17 — Payer option on C.J. Miles. Team can waive Miles before he executes the option.
- 6/26/17 or one day after NBA Draft, no later than 6/29/17 — Team option on Lavoy Allen.
- 7/1/17 — Joseph Young and Glenn Robinson III’s $1.1 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 8/1/17 — Rakeem Christmas’ $1.1 million guarantees for 17/18.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Myles Turner.
- Six days prior to NBA Draft, or day following team’s final game, no later than 6/29/18 — Player option on Monta Ellis.
- 6/29/18 — Player option on Paul George.
- 6/29/18 — Team option for Rakeem Christmas and Joseph Young
- 7/1/18 — Rakeem Christmas and Joseph Young’s $1.1 million guarantee for 18/19.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline for Myles Turner.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline for Myles Turner.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/25/15 — Roy Hibbert opted into the final year on his contract.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Myles Turner with the 11th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Joseph Young with the 43rd pick in the draft.
- 6/30/15 — David West opted out of the final year of his contract.
- 7/9/15 — Traded Roy Hibbert to the Los Angeles Lakers for a 2019 second-rounder.
- 7/11/15 — Renounced the rights to Rodney Stuckey, David West, Luis Scola, Andrew Bynum, Chris Copeland, Donald Sloan and Shayne Whittington.
- 7/12/15 — Traded Damjan Rudez to Minnesota Timberwolves for Chase Budinger.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Monta Ellis to a four-year, $44 million deal, player option on final season, contract voided.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Joseph Young (2015-43rd) to a four-year, $4.3 million, team option on final season.
- 7/14/15 — Signed Jordan Hill to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signe Myles Turner (2015-11th) to a $10.8 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/16/15 — Signed Monta Ellis to a four-year, $44 million deal, player option on final season.
- 7/22/15 — Signed Rodney Stuckey to a three-year, $21 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/23/15 — Traded a 2019 second-round from Los Angeles Lakers to Cleveland Cavaliers for the rights to Rakeem Christmas (2015-36th).
- 7/27/15 — Signed Glenn Robinson III to a three-year, partially-guaranteed $3.2 million contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Rakeem Christmas (2015-36th) to a four-year, partially-guaranteed $4.3 million contract, team option on final season.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Shayne Whittington to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $1.8 million minimum contract.
- 7/27/15 — Signed Lavoy Allen to a three-year, $12 million contract, team option on final season.
- 8/11/15 — Signed Toney Douglas to a partially-guaranteed ($600k) $1.2 million minimum contract.
- 9/16/15 — Signed C.J. Fair to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/7/15 — Signed Kadeem Jack to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/25/15 — Signed Terran Petteway to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum contract.
- 11/2/15 — Declined team option on Solomon Hill.
- 3/7/16 — Signed Ty Lawson for the rest of the season at $265,058.
Waived Players: Kadeem Jack, C.J. Fair, Toney Douglas, Terran Petteway, Chase Budinger
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Stanko Barac (2007-39th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Head Coach: Frank Vogel
Assistants: Dan Burke, Nate McMillan, Popeye Jones
- Larry Bird — President of Basketball Operations
- Kevin Pritchard — General Manager
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $0
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Used on James Posey.
D-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy)
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- LeBron James excludes Kareem Abdul-Jabbar from Lakers list
- Cavaliers interested in trading for Suns’ Jae Crowder
- Wizards sign free agent G Devon Dotson, waive G Davion Mintz
- Cavaliers’ J.B. Bickerstaff names almost half the roster as potential starters
- Thunder G Shai Gilgeous-Alexander thinks losing will end soon