|Monta Ellis (stretched)||$2,245,400|
|Jalen Lecque (waived)||$1,517,981|
|Oshae Brissett (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Oshae Brissett (expired 10-day)||$99,020|
|Cassius Stanley (two-way)|
|Amida Brimah (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Malcolm Brogdon, TJ McConnell, Edmond Sumner, Aaron Holiday
SG: Caris LeVert, Jeremy Lamb, Kelan Martin, Cassius Stanley (two-way)
SF: Justin Holiday, Doug McDermott, JaKarr Sampson, TJ Warren (injured)
PF: Domantas Sabonis, Oshae Brissett
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze, Amida Brimah (two-way)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (TJ Leaf, expiring 8/10/21*) — $2,808,844
- Trade Exception (Victor Oladipo, expiring 11/22/21*) — $4,796,296
- Mid-Level Exception — $8,500,547 (Oshae Brissett)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
* Exact Date TBD
Waived Players: Amida Brimah, Rayshaun Hammonds, Naz Mitrou-Long, Josh Gray, Devin Robinson, Jalen Lecque, Brian Bowen II (two-way)
Traded Players: TJ Leaf
G-League Affiliate: Fort Wayne Mad Ants (General Manager Brian Levy, head coach Steve Gansey)
Two-Way Contracts: Cassius Stanley, Amida Brimah
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Herb Simon
- Kevin Pritchard — president of basketball operations
- Chad Buchanan – general manager
- Kelly Krauskopf — assistant general manager
- Larry Bird — advisor to the president of basketball operations
- Ryan Carr — vice president of player personnel
- Ted Wu — vice president of basketball operations
Head Coach: Nate Bjorkgren
Assistants: Greg Foster, Kaleb Canales, Calbert Cheaney, Tyler Marsh
Training Staff: Josh Corbeil (senior director of medical operations/head athletic trainer), Carl Eaton (associate head athletic trainer/physical therapist), Shawn Windle (director of sports performance)
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Milwaukee Bucks (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder from the Utah Jazz (Jarrell Brantley).
- 2021 — Owe a second-rounder (31-44 range in 2021 and 2022, unprotected in 2023) to the Brooklyn Nets (Thaddeus Young).
- 2022 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2022 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic, one-year following the Thaddeus Young second-round 2021 obligation to the Brooklyn Nets (Malcolm Brogdon, Jordan Nwora).
- 2023 — The higher second-rounder from the Miami HEAT and Dallas Mavericks to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The higher of (the lower second-rounder from Miami and Dallas) and the Houston Rockets (33-60) goes to the Boston Celtics. The pick that does not go to Boston (including Houston 31-32) goes to the Pacers (Josh McRoberts, Delon Wright, Bruno Caboclo, Desmond Bane, James Johnson, James Harden).
- 2024 — The New York Knicks get the higher pick between the Utah Jazz and Cleveland Cavaliers (Leandro Bolmaro), the remaining pick to the Pacers (James Harden).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Milwaukee Bucks (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2026 — Owed a second-rounder from the Miami HEAT (TJ Warren).
- 2027 — Owe a second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder (TJ Leaf).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $2.6 million from the Brooklyn Nets (Caris LeVert) — $2,617,000 remaining
- 8/26/20 — Fired coach Nate McMillan.
- 10/20/20 — Hired coach Nate Bjorkgren.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted Cassius Stanley (2020-24th).
- 11/19/20 — TJ McConnell’s $3.5 million guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue qualifying offers to Alize Johnson, Brian Bowen II and Naz Mitrou-Long.
- 11/22/20 — Re-signed Justin Holiday to a three-year $18,019,260 contract.
- 11/25/20 — Traded TJ Leaf and a 2027 second-rounder to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Jalen Lecque.
- 11/27/20 — Re-signed Brian Bowen II to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/29/20 — Signed Cassius Stanley (2020-24th) to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/29/20 — Re-signed Naz Mitrou-Long to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/29/20 — Signed Kelan Martin to a partially-guaranteed two-year $3,147,290 minimum contract.
- 11/29/20 — Re-signed JaKarr Sampson to a $1,882,867 contract.
- 11/29/20 — Signed Rayshaun Hammonds to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/29/20 — Re-signed Amida Brimah to a non-guaranteed $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/18/20 — Waived Amida Brimah and Rayshaun Hammonds.
- 12/18/20 — Signed Devin Robinson to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/18/20 — Signed Josh Gray to a non-guaranteed $1,620,564 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/19/20 — Waived Naz Mitrou-Long, Josh Gray and Devin Robinson.
- 12/22/20 — Picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Goga Bitadze.
- 12/22/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Aaron Holiday.
- 1/16/21 — Traded Victor Oladipo to the Houston Rockets for Caris LeVert and $2.6 million from the Brooklyn Nets, and the lower 2024 second-rounder from the Cleveland Cavaliers or Utah Jazz (via the Rockets) and a Dallas Mavericks, Miami Heat or Houston 2024 second-rounder from the Rockets.
- 2/24/21 — Kelan Martin’s $1,445,697 guaranteed for 2020-21.
- 3/25/21 — Waived Jalen Lecque.
- 4/1/21 — Signed Oshae Brissett to a 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 4/11/21 — Oshae Brissett’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/11/21 — Re-signed Oshae Brissett to a second 10-day $99,020 contract.
- 4/21/21 — Oshae Brissett’s 10-day contract expired.
- 4/21/21 — Re-signed Oshae Brissett to a partially-guaranteed three-year $4,305,784 contract, team option on the final season.
- 4/23/21 — Waived Brian Bowen II (two-way).
- 4/23/21 — Signed Amida Brimah to a non-guaranteed two-year two-way contract.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Naz Mitrou-Long (One-Year Bird), JaKarr Sampson (One-Year Bird), Amida Brimah (One-Year Bird)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Maarty Leunen (2008-54th), Andrew Betts (1998-50th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Arena: Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/26/21)
- Jamal Murray impresses in first preseason game
- Knicks guard Derrick Rose wants to stay healthy for the 2022-23 season
- London Johnson signs two-year contract with G League Ignite
- 76ers guard James Harden on his explosiveness: “It’s getting there”
- Lakers have ‘seriously considered’ trading Russell Westbrook