Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites – Best Online Sportsbooks 2023 | Claim $9000+ in Welcome Bonuses
Maryland online sports betting is on the brink of being formally launched after sports wagering was signed into law. Horse racing and daily fantasy sports are widely recognized, but where are the best Maryland sports betting sites to play at?
Our comprehensive guide will have all the answers, as we will reveal our top 5 favorite sportsbooks in 2023. We will also provide a series of mini-reviews for each book, and, later answer some all-important FAQs.
See all Maryland sports betting sites.
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus up to $1000
50% Welcome Deposit Bonus Up To $500 + $10 Casino Chip
200% Bonus up to $10,000 + 50 Free Spins
125% Sign Up Bonus Up To $2,500
150% Match On The First Deposit Up To $150
150% Deposit Bonus up to $2500
50% Sports Welcome Bonus Up To $1000
50% First Time Deposit Match Up To $1000
35% free play up to $700 Bonus
Maryland Sports Betting at a Glance
Maryland sports betting became legal in-person and online in 2021 but online sportsbooks didn’t launch until late 2022. The current sports betting market in the state is outlined below.
- Legal Sports Betting: In-Person (inland), Online/Mobile (inland and offshore)
- Minimum Sports Betting Age in Maryland: 21 (inland), 18 (through offshore sites)
- Offline Betting in Person: Yes at 8 locations currently with up to 47 licenses available
- Online Sportsbooks: Inland and offshore
- Live/In-Play Betting: Inland and offshore
- College Sports Betting: Inland and offshore
- Horse racing: Inland and Offshore
- Estimated Sports Betting Revenue: Over $100 million in 2022
- Permitted Sports Betting Operators: Up to 60 online licenses available with 7 already issued including DraftKings
- Licensing Fee: $500,000 online and $250,000 for retail
- Tax Rate: 15%
- Tax Funded: Maryland Department of Education’s Blueprint for Maryland’s Future Fund
Timeline: Legal Sports Betting Movements in Maryland
After opening its first retail sportsbook in 2021, here’s a timeline that includes what has happened since then.
- December 2022: BetMGM is fined by Maryland for starting online sports betting before the official launch date. BetMGM will have to pay $145,000.
- August 2022 – The Maryland Sports Wagering Application Review Commission publishes a set of proposed iGaming regulations late to initiate an official 30-day public comment period.
- August 2022 – Retail sports betting green light for Maryland Stadium Sub LLC, Chesapeake Gaming Group, and BetFred.
- June 2022 – Maryland Governor Larry Hogan sends a letter to the Sports Wagering and Application Review Commission requesting expedited resolution to mobile sports betting legalization.
- April 2022 – There is no update on how the disparity study is going, and Maryland bettors still await legal mobile wagering.
- March 17, 2022 – The disparity study is officially underway.
- February 24, 2022 – Bingo World receives a license to open a retail sportsbook, and Rush Street Interactive will be the one to operate it.
- February 16, 2022 – With the deadline for the survey just two days away, the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission met to hear updates on the disparity analysis and on the survey given in January. The Committee took no further actions, and a mobile sports betting date was still unclear.
- January 19, 2022 – Due to the ongoing disparity study, there is no clear timeline for when mobile sports betting will be legalized. On the same day, the Sports Wagering Application Review Commission posted a survey meant for industry stakeholders and a forum to provide feedback on how to evolve the market.
- December 2021 – Because of the pending disparity study, there is no set date for launching mobile sports betting in Maryland until 2022
- June 2021 – PointsBet Sportsbook secures access to the Maryland sports betting market.
- May 2021 – After sports betting becomes legal in MD, NFL outfit the Baltimore Ravens become BetMGM’s official gaming partner.
- April 2021 – Tweaks are made to HB940, but it still passes unanimously in the upper chamber.
- March 2021 – The bill (HB940) passes the Maryland House by a landslide vote of 130-9.
- February 2021 – A bill to ensure legal sports betting in Maryland receives its first reading in the House Ways and Means Committee.
- November 2020 – Voters approve sports wagering in Maryland after a referendum passes by a 2 to 1 margin.
Best Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites List 2023
Significant steps are being taken to officially legalize sports betting in Maryland. In the meantime, there is a great alternative in the form of offshore sportsbooks. So, let’s check out the 5 sites that made the cut in our list below:
- BetOnline – Overall best Maryland sports betting site for 2023
- MyBookie – Best sports betting site in Maryland for mobile wagers
- XBet – New Maryland sports betting site
- Lucky Block- Extremely fast payouts
- BetUS – Excellent sportsbook for big promotions
- BetNow – Unmatched professionalism in the sports betting market
- BUSR – Best bonus options for sports bettors
- Jazz Sports – Top Maryland sportsbooks
- Sportsbetting.ag – Superb options for sports bettors in Maryland
- Betanysports – The best sportsbooks with varying options
Best Maryland Sportsbooks Reviewed
Now that you know what our top 10 recommendations for Maryland online sports betting sites are, let’s dissect them in further detail:
1. BetOnline – Overall Best Maryland Sports Betting Site for 2023
When it comes to sports betting in Maryland, you want to ensure that you can bet in confidence at a safe and secure site and BetOnline certainly delivers on that. It is one of the most reputable sportsbooks in the industry. You can wager across various sports, from all major mainstream sports as well as a good selection of esports such as League of Legends, Call of Duty, and CS:GO – all with great odds!
BetOnline has recently had a complete overhaul and now has an attractive and user-friendly interface, creating an exciting sports betting experience. You can also take advantage of their $1,000 welcome bonus for all new users using the BetOnline promo code! There is also an array of other great promos on offer including crypto, casino, and poker bonuses, as well as various reload offers – so you get rewarded each time you bet!
What we like:
- Big welcome bonus
- Lots of sports markets and great odds
- Fantastic user experience
- Secure and safe sportsbook
What we don’t:
- More limited prop bets options compared to others
2. MyBookie – Best Maryland Mobile Sports Betting Site
MyBookie is another site popular for sports betting in MD. This sportsbook has an innovative and impressive mobile betting app platform and is one of the best betting apps in the industry.
MyBookie covers a multitude of sports markets and features a useful ‘Top Bets’ section, giving bettors helpful tips and insights on what to place your wager on. A huge range of sports markets is available, from baseball, basketball NFL, MLB, MMA, golf, motorsports, and cycling.
This top MD ²online sports betting site also offers a sizeable welcome offer – 100% deposit match bonus up to $1,000! It’s also worth noting that there is a generous Bitcoin promotion with a bonus of up to $1,000 if you deposit using the cryptocurrency.
What we like:
- Great betting mobile app user experience
- Many sportsbook promotions
- Top bets feature
- Cryptocurrency payments accepted
What we don’t:
- Low coverage of Esports
3. XBet – New Maryland Online Sports Betting Site
The final sportsbook to make our top 5 is XBet, this is a new and impressive site for sports betting in Maryland. Whilst we know that the $500 welcome offer bonus is smaller than others, there are some great promos. If you are a horse racing fan, you can get up to 7% cash back, paid daily when you wager on any qualifying tracks, and unlimited referral bonuses each time you refer a friend.
XBet stands out for its vast coverage of international sports and college football, it also has the best and most favorable odds overall.
XBet accepts a wide range of crypto payments from Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash, but you can deposit using the more traditional credit and debit methods.
What we like:
- Wide coverage of international events
- Favourable odds
- Good horse racing promo
- Accepts a range of crypto payments
What we don’t:
- Smaller welcome bonus
4. Lucky Block – Extremely Fast Payouts and a Wide Variety of Sports Markets and a 200% Bonus
Lucky Block is the perfect spot for sports betting in Maryland. Users can perform transactions using fiat currencies, but Lucky Block is primarily aimed at crypto enthusiasts and, as such, allows for deposits and withdrawals using nine crypto coins.
Though a newcomer to the sports betting industry, Lucky Block is easily one of the most well-rounded sportsbooks featured on this list. It’s simple to use, has some great features, and the mobile website works perfectly when betting on the go. The sportsbook covers 30+ sports, with a huge selection of wagering options available and deep in-play betting markets.
Fancy a break from live sports betting? Lucky Block also has deep esports markets, particularly for NBA2K and FIFA23. Plus, there are also some 6,000 slots, table games, and even a live casino.
LuckyBlock has one of the best welcome bonuses around with new players automatically qualifying for a 200% welcome bonus and 50 free spins on Wanted Dead or a Wild.
The bonus is paid in 10 installments with a maximum of 10,000 EUR available to those who deposit 5,000 EUR (or crypto/fiat equivalent). The offer is valid only on the first deposit made in the casino, with the minimum deposit required 20 EUR.
So for example, a player who deposits 100 EUR will immediately receive free spins and 200 EUR in the bonus bank. And for every €600 you play for (win or loose), you get €20 paid out to your account from the bonus bank, until you have cleared the entire €200.
What we like:
- No fees on transactions
- Minimum deposit is $1 or currency equivalence
- Fast registration without KYC
- Incredibly fast payouts
What we don’t:
- No live-streaming of sports
5. BetUS – Excellent Maryland Sportsbook with Big Promotions
BetUS is one of the biggest and most established sportsbooks in the industry and boasts over 1 million users. The sports betting site covers all major US professional and college sports, plus many others such as rugby, soccer, horse racing, golf as well as Esports. We also like that they have a 24/7 customer support service with an accessible live chat function.
BetUS comes out on top when it comes to the biggest bonus offerings. This Maryland sportsbook has an enormous deal for new users worth an immense £3,125! You can claim it using the BetUS promo code JOIN125. This welcome promo includes a combined 100% sportsbook bonus and a 25% casino bonus, so you can enjoy placing your bets across their various sports markets and casino games. They also have mammoth reload, crypto, and referral bonuses on offer, these are coupled with speedy payouts!
What we like:
- Biggest promotions on offer
- Well established sportsbook
- Quick payouts
What we don’t:
- More limited payment options
6. BUSR– Top Maryland Sportsbook for Horse Racing
In addition to horse races, BUSR also offers an extensive selection of odds for sports like the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, MMA, NCAA Football, live betting on live baseball, and more.
It also covers a lot of lesser-known sports and leagues, so there is undoubtedly something for everyone. Plus, the BUSR platform’s intuitive design ensures that anyone can use it, from first-time players to seasoned professionals.
Additionally, BUSR provides a casino section with a selection of games, including table games, slots, 3D slots, jackpots, video poker, live casino, and more. Games and sports betting are merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to BUSR offers. Their promotions and bonuses also set the BUSR apart from other MD sports betting sites.
BUSR offers a number of excellent bonuses that you may claim after fulfilling the wagering requirement, just like all other online casinos, sportsbooks, and racebooks. To begin, there is a 150% sign-up bonus.
In other words, if you go all out with your first deposit, you can earn up to $2,500. However, there is a 10x rollover requirement and 30-day limit attached to the bonus. BUSR also offers new players the opportunity to earn more when they apply the BUSR promo code at checkout, making it one of the best sports betting sites in Maryland for US players.
What we like:
- Supports live betting
- Highly customizable prop builder tool
- A decent variety of payment options, including cryptos
- Great sports promotion offers
- Excellent horse racing betting site
What we don’t:
- Some of the betting limits are a bit low
7. Sportsbetting.ag – Superb Options for Sports Bettors in Maryland
Sportsbetting.ag is one of our favorite MD sports betting sites that offers superb options for bettors. Players can wager on a host of NBA futures and popular college sports futures. We also really like the functionality of their prop builder. With endless props and wager options to make your bets exciting, you can add to your virtual betting slip with confidence and ease.
Live lines are available for all major sports events, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Soccer, Rugby, Tennis, and many more, and – as with sister site, BetOnline – the live betting interface is modern, updates rapidly, and the odds are among the best you’ll find anywhere online.
Sportsbetting.ag also offers a 50% welcome bonus of up to $1,000 for new bettors when you use the Sportsbetting.ag promo code SB1000. The sportsbook is also known for its extremely diverse betting market. There are dozens, if not hundreds, of competitions available for wagering on each primary market. There are likely more than 30,000 active contests on which you can place wagers. So you never miss an opportunity to cash in.
What we like:
- Generous welcome bonus
- A variety of sports to bet on
- Live in-play betting
- Sharp odds
What we don’t:
- Mobile betting needs improvement
More on gambling in Maryland…
Learn about all types of online gambling in Maryland in our expert guides below:
- Maryland Real Money Online Casinos
- Maryland Online Poker
- Maryland Online Gambling
- Maryland Sports Betting Apps
- Maryland Horse Racing
Maryland Sportsbook Betting Sites Comparison
We have lifted the lid on the best Maryland sportsbooks, but let’s now compare the type of bonuses they offer:
Sportsbook Sign-Up Bonus Bonus Code Sports to bet on Live Betting Live Streaming BetOnline 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ✅ Bovada 75% 3x up to $750 N/A 40 ✅ ✅ MyBookie 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ❌ Everygame 3x $250 up to $750 INSIDERS 40+ ✅ ❌ XBet 50% up to $500 INSIDEX 25+ ✅ ❌ Lucky Block 200% Bonus up to 10,000 EUR + 50 Free Spins N/A 40+ ✅ ✅ BetUS 125% up to $2,500 INSIDERS 25+ ✅ ✅ BetNow 150% up to $150 INSIDERS 12+ ✅ ❌ BUSR 150% up to $2, 500 INSIDER150 20+ ✅ ❌ Jazz Sports 50% up to $1,000 INSIDERS 15+ ✅ ✅
Discover Our Top Betting GuidesOffshore BettingOn the lookout for the best Offshore Betting Site? We have you covered, our guide compares the best gambling sites, providing top-tier bonus codes & more.Offshore BettingCash Out BettingJoin us as we look at the best Cash Out Betting Sites in the USA, providing useful tips, in-depth explanations and bonus codes.Cash Out BettingNew SportsbooksDon't miss out on the best New Sportsbooks in the USA 2023. Our guide covers everything you need to know, the latest features, bonus codes, & so much more.New SportsbooksHigh Limit BettingOur guide covers the best High Limit sportsbooks. Favoring those with the highest deposit limits, the largest welcome bonuses, and the best limits per wage.High Limit BettingSportsbooksDiscover more about the world of Sportsbook betting sites, reviewing the top 10 sites, where sports betting is legal, different types of bets, and much more.SportsbooksBetting AppsDo you prefer betting on your mobile? Explore betting on the go with our list of top-rated betting apps, featuring comparisons, top bonus codes, and more.Betting AppseSports BettingIn this guide, we cover everything you need to know about esports betting, from where it’s legal to what games are popular, to the top eSports betting sites.eSports BettingBest Sportsbooks on RedditThe Best Sportsbooks on Reddit - See which betting sites Reddit users rated as being the best. Join Today for $1,000 Bonuses and Free Bets!Sportsbooks on Reddit
Who can Bet on Sports in MD
With mobile wagering now legal in MD, players can wager online or in-person at retail sportsbooks. To do so, you must be 21 years of age.
However, for those wanting to wager online between now and when mobile wagering does happen, offshore sportsbooks allow anyone 18 years of age or older to participate.
How to Bet on Sports in Maryland
If you are in Maryland and want to wager on your favorite sports, we recommend using any of the betting sites we have highlighted. Follow this steps to get started;
1. Create an Account
After locating the online sportsbook, you want to play at, complete the registration process. You will need to provide some personal information.
2. Explore Promotions
With your new account, check out the Promotions page to see what offers are available to you. The types of offers at your selected sportsbook could influence the deposit you make.
3. Make Deposit
After you’ve gathered information on the promotions, go to the deposit page. This is usually found in the upper right-hand corner of the home page when you’re logged into your account. Once here, there will be a list of methods to choose from. Complete the process.
4. Go Bet
You’re all set to bet. Go back to the home page, find what you’d like to bet on, and finalize it on the betslip, which will populate your choices.
Is Sports Betting Legal in Maryland
Sports betting is legal in MD for both retail betting and mobile wagering with 7 current domestic apps available.
Sports Betting Guides State by StateWestSouthWestMidWestNorthEastSouthEast
Previous Sports Betting Bills in Maryland
- HB 940: Passed in April 2021, this legalized sports betting in MD.
- SB 4: Passed in May of 2020, this bill dealt with sports betting licenses.
- HB 225: This bill allowed 16 sports betting licenses.
- H 1014: This bill discussed issuing sports betting licenses “only to the holder of a video lottery operation license or a license for mile thoroughbred racing or harness racing”. It progressed by 50%, but it died in the committee.
- H 989: Ultimately referred to the committee, this bill was drafted to study sports gaming in other states and make recommendations for implementation in MD.
Tax on Sports Betting Winnings in Maryland
Maryland’s state income tax system has not changed since 2010, with eight brackets.
- Income of up to $1,000 is taxed at 2%
- Income of up to $2,000 is taxed at 3%
- Income of up to $3,000 is taxed at 4%
- Income of up to $100,000 is taxed at 4.75%.
- Income of up to $125,000 is taxed at 5%
- Income of up to $150,000 is taxed at 5.25%
- Income of up to $250,000 is taxed at 5.50%
- Income of more than $250,000 is taxed at 5.75%
Additionally, there is an 8.75% tax on gambling winnings in the state, though it explicitly says that it has to do with sports betting.
Read Our Sportsbook Payment GuideseCheck SportsbooksDiscover more as we reveal the best eCheck betting sites available; individually ranked, listing the pros and cons of each sportsbook.eCheckCash Out SportsbooksJoin us as we help you understand cash out betting, all whilst providing you with the best ranked and reviewed sportsbooks to use for cashouts & more.Cash OutBitcoin SportsbooksFind out the best sportsbooks and betting sites for bitcoin, and learn all about the best welcome bonuses, rebates, bitcoin terminology and much more.BitcoinCryptocurrencyWe unpack leading crypto sportsbooks & crypto betting site features, including platform reviews, deposit & withdrawal methods, welcome offers & more.Cryptocurrency
Payment Methods Available for Maryland Online Sports Betting
Below, we will cover some more popular payment solutions for funding your sportsbooks account online.
Crypto Betting Options
Cryptocurrency is heavily incentivized, with some offshore sportsbooks offering additional perks and promos. Here are some of the top methods that are accepted.
- Bitcoin Cash
- Shiba Inu
eWallet Betting Options
An eWallet works one of two ways: Funding your sportsbook account with the eWallet account or using your eWallet after it is linked with your bank account.
Here are the three most common options:
Traditional Payment Methods at Maryland Betting Sites
If you prefer not to use eWallets or cryptocurrency, there are many traditional methods to explore.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- ACH Transfer
- Online Banking
- Check my mail
- Wire Transfer
Bonuses Available at Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites
Online gambling has become more attractive because of the generosity of most gambling sites. Some gambling sites give away bonuses in cash while some give in free spins. Listed below are the types of bonuses given and how to get them.
You will receive a match on deposits up to a certain percentage and dollar amount at particular sportsbooks.
Using BetOnline as an example, you will receive a 50% match up to $1,000. The bonus funds you receive will not be withdrawable without completing the wagering requirements. At BetOnline, these requirements are 10x the bonus received.
So, if you deposit $200, you will receive $100. To access the $100 as withdrawable cash, you must wager $1,000 on the site.
Your account will always need a quick replenishment, and that’s what a reload bonus does.
This is another deposit bonus with lower percentage matches and overall bonus amounts than the welcome bonus version.
To access this, you must either opt-in to the offer on the promotions page or use the necessary promo code on the deposit page.
Risk-free bets allow you to make a bet up to a certain amount where, if the wager loses, you receive it back as site credit. You can wager this site credit as a second chance at winning money.
No Deposit Bonus
While it may only be $10 to $25, a no deposit bonus is a site credit added to your virtual wallet after simply creating an account. The bonus you receive typically has wagering requirements of just 1x.
Grab The Best Promo Codes With Our ReviewsBetonline Promo CodeUnlock the latest BetOnline Promo Codes through the power of our dedicated guide. Discover everything you need to know, from promo codes to withdrawal methods!BetonlineMyBookie Promo CodeClaim some of the best and most exciting promo codes with our MyBookie Guide. We walk you through the best bonuses, all while explaining everything inbetween.MyBookieBusr Promo CodeJoin us as we explore one of our top-rated sportsbook & online casino, BUSR. Providing you with the best BUSR promotions and bonus codes, and so much more.BusrBovada Promo CodeDiscover everything you must know about the latest promo codes at Bovada, we cover everything from welcome bonuses, and opportunities to boost your wagers.BovadaBetus Promo CodeExplore the world of BetUS, with our all-inclusive review. Covering everything you need to know, and providing our readers with the best and newest promo codes.BetusXBet Promo CodesCheck out XBet Sporsbook, with our full review. Learn about the betting site, and grab all the latest bonus code, including an 100% bonus for new players.XBetEverygame Promo CodesFind out how Everygame has created one of the biggest and best promo packs in the online gambling sector. Check out our review for the latest tips & top info.Everygame
Popular Sports to Bet on in Maryland
Maryland is home to some professional sports teams that have had success. Additionally, the colleges have produced some exceptional athletes as well.
Here, we will go over the most popular sports in MD.NBAA comprehensive guide to betting on the NBA at the best betting sites in the US, featuring detailed reviews of the sportsbooks, lines, and odds.NBA BettingUFCEverything you need to know about betting on the world's most popular MMA organization, the UFC. Discover the best UFC sportsbooks and learn about the markets.UFC BettingMLBWhether it's the run line or parlay betting on the World Series, our MLB betting guide details everything you need to know about baseball betting in the US.MLB BettingNHLSkate over to the top hockey sportsbooks and claim huge bonuses when you register. Read up on puck line betting and other popular NHL betting markets.NHL BettingHorse RacingUnsure how to wager a trifecta at Preakness Stakes, or a quinella at Belmont? Our detailed horse racing betting guides will reveal all.Horse Racing BettingNFLA complete guide to betting on America's Game. Learn how NFL odds and markets work, read our reviews of the top NFL sportsbooks and prepare to beat the spread.NFL BettingNCAABFrom the NBA Draft to March Madness and everything in between, our NCAAB betting guide sets out the key components to betting on college basketball.NCAAB BettingEsportsDiscover the best esports betting sites for the world's most popular games: CS:GO, FIFA, CoD, WoW, and more. Use promo codes to claim rewards when you sign up.Esports BettingTennisOur team of betting experts presents a comprehensive overview of tennis betting markets, odds, key dates, and the best tennis sportsbooks in the USA.Tennis BettingGolfHoping to bet on The Masters, Ryder Cup, or US Open this year? Read our comprehensive golf betting guides first to increase your chances of success.Golf BettingPoliticsPlenty of sportsbooks now offer politics betting markets. Learn how to profit during the elections and claim lucrative sign-up bonuses when you register.Politics BettingBoxingLearn how to profit from the sweet science by reading our detailed boxing betting guide. Swing the odds back in your favor with reload bonuses and free bets.Boxing Betting
NFL Betting in Maryland
Betting on the moneyline, spread, total, or props, you can’t go wrong betting at any of our recommended offshore sportsbooks when it comes to the NFL.
- Baltimore Ravens – Won Super Bowl XXXV in 2000 and XLVII in 2021.
- Washington Commanders – Despite the Washington name, the Commanders play in Landover, MD.
NBA Betting in Maryland
With no NBA teams in the state, the Washington Wizards are nearby in D.C. However, when it comes to betting on the NBA, you’ll bet on the same things as the NFL.
BetOnline offers the best markets for both the NBA and college basketball, including futures and props, and quickly releases odds for upcoming games.
MLB Betting in Maryland
Since its inception in 2011, Bovada has already been an excellent source for betting on MLB. Whether it’s the live betting interface or incredible odds, Bovada has you covered on all bet types, similar to the NBA and NFL.
- Baltimore Orioles – Three-time World Series Champions (1966, 1970, 1983)
NHL Betting in MD
Like the Wizards, the Washington Capitals are also located in nearby D.C. The NHL offers the same markets as the MLB, NFL, and NBA, and MyBookie provides some of the best odds on these games.
NCAAB Betting in MD
Going back to BetOnline, it is just the best spot to go to if you’re betting on basketball, bar none. The markets are the same as the NBA, but it gets more than intriguing during the NCAA March Madness Tournament.
- Maryland Terrapins – Won the National Championship in 2002.
NCAAF Betting in Maryland
Like the NFL, college football is also one of the more heavily wagered sports when the season rolls around. With that, the odds from sportsbook to sportsbook aren’t that different, and you can wager comfortably at any of our recommendations. In addition to the markets that are similar to the NFL, college football has futures wagers for multiple awards.
- Maryland Terrapins – Have produced excellent NFL talent, such as current Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs.
Golf Betting in Maryland
With so many big tournaments each year like The Masters, the sports betting world enjoys betting on golf as even the favorite golfers have odds in the +1000 territory.
Bovada offers excellent odds on all golfers but always seems to have some slightly better odds on competitors toward the top.
You will bet on outright winners and top-five, 10, 15, and 20 finishes with golf.
Horse Racing Betting in Maryland
Pari-mutuel wagering is legal in MD and is permitted at racetracks, off-track betting facilities, and advance deposit wagering providers.
From our list here, BetUS and BetOnline offer a wide array of races from all over the world where you will be able to be on these results: Win, place, show, exacta, daily double, picks 3-6, and more.
- Laurel Park
- Ocean Downs
- Rosecroft Raceway
DFS is Legal in MI
Daily fantasy sports, such as DraftKings and FanDuel, are legal in Maryland. After crafting a lineup for your favorite sport while staying under the salary cap, you can compete against small and large field competitions with millions of dollars up for grabs.
Live Betting with Maryland Online Sports Betting Sites
Live betting allows for you to wager on games actively in progress. At sites like BetOnline and Bovada, there are dedicated pages and interfaces for this kind of betting. The odds on contests actively in progress shift quickly, so act fast.
Learn More About Betting With BBI GuidesMoneyline BettingDelve into the concepts behind moneyline, including its calculator, spread comparisons, which online sportsbooks offer the best moneyline promotions, and more.Moneyline BettingPoints Spread BettingJoin us as we explore top spread betting sites, provide examples and detailed explanations at every turn to help increase your success rate, and more!Points Spread BettingOver Under BettingDiscover everything you need to know about Over Under Betting, from the best sportsbooks, how you can make more informed picks, and much more.Over Under BettingFutures BettingJoin us and learn about futures betting, how it works, how best to make money from futures betting and answer questions regarding this bet type, and more.Futures BettingHandicap BettingExplore how handicap betting works, which betting sites are best for handicap betting, strategies that will allow you to win more from these bets & more.Handicap BettingHedge BettingLearn how hedge sports betting works, where you can apply a hedge bet, which sports it works best with & how you can make guaranteed profits with hedge betting.Hedge BettingLive Sports BettingDiscover the top 10 best sportsbooks with live sports betting, the legality of live sports betting, some of the best bonuses out there and so much more.Live Sports BettingParlay Betting GuideExplore our parlay betting guide & learn everything from, what a parlay bet is, the different types, the best sportsbooks for parlay betting, the risks, & more.Parlay Betting GuidePolitics BettingJoin us as we highlight the politics betting sites that you can sign up with, as well creating an in-depth guide related to all things politics betting.Politics Betting
Bets that are Illegal in Maryland
There are no illegal sports bets in MD, as you can wager on college teams based in the state.
How Maryland Online Sports Betting Stacks Up to the Nearby States
MD is one of few states that can say it borders on states that all offer legal sports betting.
- Pennsylvania – One of the first states to legalize sports betting.
- Delaware – Has been involved with legal forms of gambling since 2012.
- Virginia – Sports betting is legal.
- West Virginia – Sports betting and iGaming are both legal.
Casinos with Sports Betting in Maryland
Retail sports betting was legalized in Maryland in 2021. There are numerous casinos to wager at, all of which have regulated sportsbook partners.
- Horseshoe Baltimore Casino (Caesars)
- Hollywood Casino Perryville (Barstool)
- Live! Casino and Hotel Maryland (FanDuel)
- MGM National Harbor (BetMGM)
- Ocean Downs Casino (DraftKings)
More on Maryland Gambling
If you’re interested in other forms of gambling at offshore sites beyond sports betting, our team has you covered—check out the links below.
MD Legislative Resources
For residents of Maryland interested in finding out more information on current legislation to do with sports betting and gambling in the state or would like to contact local and state representatives to express their opinions or concerns on the subject they can use the links below.
MD Gambling Resources
If you believe that you or someone you know has a gambling problem, then we encourage you to get in contact with the NCPG Maryland or another free Gambling addiction resource at the links below, they can provide advice and local information, and treatment services in your area.
Best Online Sportsbook in Maryland
In addition to its deposit bonus welcome offer, BetOnline offers ways to wager on things like eSports while also providing a user design and user interface experience that makes betting easy.
Of course, we all bet differently, so be sure to explore other recommended sportsbooks on this list.BetOnline Bonus Code
50% up to $1000 Welcome Bonus Get Offer
Who oversees sports betting in Maryland?
The Maryland Gaming Commission are responsible for overseeing sports betting, and distributing licenses.
Where can I bet on sports in Maryland?
Aside from betting online, there are plenty of opportunities for in-person betting at Off-track betting locations, including casinos.
Is online sports betting legal in Maryland?
Yes, it is, the official launch date was November 23, 2022. Bettors, however, have plenty of choices online, including the top 5 we mentioned in our guide.
Is mobile sports betting available in Maryland?
Yes, the sites mentioned in this guide have a fully performing app. DraftKings and Fanduel, in particular, have great DFS apps.
What is the legal gambling age in Maryland?
To gamble in Maryland, you have to be at least 21.
Alan is an experienced writer of online betting and casino guides. He is one of the main editors of Basketballinsiders.
- Powerade Jam Fest 2023: McDonald’s All-American Game Dunk Contest & 3-Point Shootout Participants
- LSU Women’s Basketball Coach Kim Mulkey Contract, Salary, Buyout, Net Worth & March Madness Incentives
- Portland’s head coach Chauncey Billups praised rookie SG Shaedon Sharpe for his career-high night vs the Thunder
- Is Giannis Antetokounmpo playing tonight (Mar. 27) vs. Pistons?
- LSU Women’s Basketball star Angel Reese denies being rapper NBA YoungBoy’s girlfriend