|Mario Chalmers (waived)||$4,300,000|
|James Ennis (waived)||$845,059|
|Russ Smith (waived)||$845,059|
|Fab Melo (stretched)||$437,080|
|Ryan Hollins (waived)||$239,605|
|Jamaal Franklin (stretched)||$163,297|
|Ryan Hollins (waived)||$96,204|
|Elliot Williams (expired 10-day)||$55,722|
|Ryan Hollins (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Ray McCallum (expired 10-days)||$111,444|
|Jordan Farmar (expired 10-day)||$55,722|
|Bryce Cotton (expired 10-day)||$49,709|
|Briante Weber (expired 10-day)||$30,888|
|Alex Stepheson (expired 10-day)||$30,888|
|Xavier Munford (expired 10-days)||$61,776|
|Ryan Hollins (waived)||$16,034|
|Patrick Christopher (waived)||$6,000|
Quick: Over the cap and hard capped.
Projected 2016-17 Cap Space: $0-$39.9 million
- Mid-Level Exception: $0 (Brandan Wright)
- Trade Exception (Jon Leuer, expiring 6/25/16) — $122,441 (partially used on James Ennis)
- Trade Exception (Jeff Green, expiring 2/18/17) — $450,000
Roster Count: 16 guaranteed
PG: Jordan Farmar, Xavier Munford, Bryce Cotton, Mike Conley (injured)
SG: Tony Allen, Vince Carter, P.J. Hairston, Jordan Adams (injured)
SF: Matt Barnes, Lance Stephenson
F: Zach Randolph, JaMychal Green, Jarell Martin
C: Chris Andersen, Marc Gasol (injured), Brandan Wright (inured)
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- 4/18/16 — No-package restriction lifts on Lance Stephenson.
- 5/17/16 — 2016 NBA draft lottery.
- 6/23/16 — 2016 NBA Draft.
- 6/25/16 — Jon Leuer $122k TPE expires.
- 6/29/16 — Team options on Lance Stephenson and Xavier Munford.
- 6/30/16 — Qualifying offer deadline on Bryce Cotton.
- 7/1/16-7/6/16 — NBA annual moratorium.
- 7/7/16 — Free agent signing period begins.
- 7/7/16 — No-trade restriction lifts on Xavier Munford.
- 7/11/16 — JaMychal Green’s salary guarantees for $200k for 16/17
- 10/31/16 — Team options on Jordan Adams and Jarell Martin.
- 1/1/17 — Vince Carter’s $4.3 million guarantees for 16/17.
- 1/1/17 — JaMychal Green’s $980k guarantees for 16/17.
- 2/8/17 — Jeff Green $450k TPE expires.
- 6/30/17 — Qualifying offer deadlines on JaMychal Green and Xavier Munford.
- 10/31/17 — Team option on Jarell Martin.
- 10/31/17 — Extension deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/30/18 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jordan Adams.
- 6/27/19 — Player option on Marc Gasol.
- 10/31/18 — Extension deadline on Jarell Martin.
- 6/30/19 — Qualifying offer deadline on Jarell Martin.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates. The NBA’s general cut-down date is approximately January 10.
- 6/24/15 — Traded the rights to Janis Timma to Orlando Magic for Luke Ridnour
- 6/25/15 — Traded Luke Ridnour to Charlotte Hornets for Matt Barnes.
- 6/25/15 — Selected Jarell Martin with the 25th pick in the draft.
- 6/25/15 — Traded Jon Leuer to Phoenix Suns for draft rights of Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
- 6/30/15 — Tendered a qualifying offer to Nick Calathes.
- 7/9/15 — Signed Brandan Wright to a three-year, $17.1 million contract.
- 7/10/15 — Signed Jarell Martin to a $6.3 million rookie-scale contract.
- 7/13/15 — Signed Marc Gasol to a five-year, $113.2 million contract, player option on final season.
- 7/15/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith $150k for 15/16.
- 7/25/15 — Guaranteed Russ Smith’s $845k salary for 15/16.
- 8/18/15 — Signed Michael Holyfield to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/9/15 — Signed Lazeric Jones to a $525k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/14/15 — Signed Patrick Christopher to a $845k non-guaranteed minimum summer contract.
- 9/22/15 — Signed Dan Nwaelele to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Yakhouba Diawara to a non-guaranteed $1.0 million minimum summer contract.
- 9/25/15 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a non-guaranteed $1.4 million minimum summer contract.
- 10/6/15 — Signed Sampson Carter to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/7/15 — Signed Alex Stepheson to a non-guaranteed $525k minimum summer contract.
- 10/27/15 — Picked up the team’s option on Jordan Adams (third-year).
- 11/10/15 — Renounced the rights to Gilbert Arenas, Leon Powe, Marcus Williams and Steven Hunter.
- 11/10/15 — Traded Beno Udrih and Jarnell Stokes to the Miami HEAT for Mario Chalmers and James Ennis.
- 12/29/15 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a non-guaranteed $858k minimum contract.
- 1/8/16 — Signed Elliot Williams to a $65k, 10-day contract.
- 1/10/16 — James Ennis and JaMychal Green’s $845k guaranteed for 15/16.
- 1/21/16 — Signed Ryan Hollins to an $80.2k, 10-day contract.
- 2/1/16 — Signed Ryan Hollins to a second $80.2k, 10-day contract.
- 2/16/16 — Traded Courtney Lee and $543k to Charlotte Hornets for P.J. Hairston, a 2018 second-rounder, a Brooklyn Nets 2019 second-rounder, Chris Andersen, a protected Miami HEAT 2017 second-rounder, and a protected Boston Celtics second-rounder.
- 2/16/16 — Traded Jeff Green to Los Angeles Clippers for Lance Stephenson and a protected 2019 first-rounder.
- 3/2/16 — Signed Ryan Hollins for the rest of the season at $344.7k.
- 3/9/16 — Signed Briante Weber to a $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/12/16 — Signed Alex Stepheson to a $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/12/16 — Signed Ray McCallum to a $55,722 10-day contract.
- 3/16/16 — Signed Xavier Munford to a $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/21/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar to a $79,773 10-day contract.
- 3/22/16 — Signed Ray McCallum to a second $55,722 10-day contract.
- 3/26/16 — Signed Xavier Munford to a second $30,888 10-day contract.
- 3/31/16 — Signed Jordan Farmar for the rest of the season at $111,683.
- 4/1/16 — Signed Bryce Cotton to a $49,709 10-day contract.
- 4/7/16 — Signed Xavier Munford to a two-year, partially-guaranteed $896,257 contract (team option on second season with $50,000 guaranteed).
- 4/11/16 — Signed Bryce Cotton for the rest of the season at $14,913.
Waived Players: Patrick Christopher, Dan Nwaelele, Michael Holyfield, Yakhouba Diawara, Sampson Carter, Alex Stepheson, Lazeric Jones, Ryan Hollins (thrice and two expired 10-day contracts), Russ Smith, Elliot Williams (exp. 10-day contract), James Ennis, Mario Chalmers, Briante Weber (expired 10-day), Alex Stepheson (expired 10-day), Ray McCallum (expired 10-days)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Andrew Harrison (2015-44th)
Head Coach: Dave Joerger (Hired in 2013 on a three-year, approximately $6 million contract)
Assistants: Elston Turner, Jeff Bzdelik, Bob Thornton, Shawn Respert, Duane Ticknor, Jason March, John Townsend (player development)
Trainers: Drew Graham, John Faltus (assistant)
- Chris Wallace — General Manager, Basketball Operations
- Ed Stefanski — Executive Vice President of Player Personnel
- John Hollinger — Vice President, Basketball Operation
- David Mincberg — Team Counsel
- Glynn Cyprien — Basketball Operations Assistant
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Toronto Raptors (Jerry Stackhouse).
- 2016 — Owed second-rounder from Boston Celtics (Jerryd Bayless).
- 2016 — Owe first-rounder (top-five protected and 15-30 protected through 2016, top-five protected through 2018, unprotected in 2019) to Denver Nuggets (Marreese Speights, Timofey Mozgov).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder to Dallas Mavericks (Steven Hunter, Corey Brewer, Nick Calathes trade removed top-55 protection). Pick may go to Boston Celtics (Rajon Rondo).
- 2017 — Owed second-rounder (31-40 range, unprotected in 2018) from Miami HEAT (Chris Andersen).
- 2016 — Owe second-rounder (higher of Boston and Toronto picks) to Utah Jazz (Jarnell Stokes).
- 2017 — Owe second-rounder (top-35 protected, unprotected in 2018) to Oklahoma City Thunder (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owed second-rounder from Charlotte Hornets (Courtney Lee).
- 2018 — Owe first-rounder (top-12, top-eight in 2019, top-six in 2010 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed first-rounder (top-14 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to a 2022 second-rounder) from Los Angeles Clippers (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Juan Pablo Vaulet, Courtney Lee).
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen)
Cash Paid ($3.4 million max): $542,714 (to Charlotte Hornets, Courtney Lee)
Cash Received ($3.4 million max): $0
- Early Bird: Nick Calathes (restricted, playing in Greece)
- Non-Bird: Keyon Dooling*
* Cannot be used in a sign and trade because they were not active players in the NBA last season.
- Marc Gasol — 15%
- Brandan Wright — 15%
- Vince Carter — 15%
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses, under certain circumstances.
Amnesty: Expired unused.
D-League Affiliate: Iowa Energy
Salary and team data changes quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/25/16)
- Ex-NBA Star Spencer Haywood Missed Out On $2 Billion With Nike
- Magic Johnson shuts down Steph Curry’s claim of being the NBA’s best-ever point guard
- ‘Tough break, right?’: Pelicans coach Willie Green on injured Trey Murphy missing start of the season
- Wolves set to replay partnership between Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns after last season’s false start
- Anthony Davis has reportedly been ‘training more this offseason than I’ve seen with him as a Laker’