|Jaren Jackson Jr.||$5,915,040|
|Omri Casspi (waived)||$1,512,601|
|Rade Zagorac (waived)||$1,378,242|
|Dakari Johnson (waived)||$459,414|
|Andrew Harrison (waived)||$200,000|
|Jamaal Franklin (waived)||$163,296|
|Bruno Caboclo (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Bruno Caboclo (expired 10-day)||$85,458|
|Dusty Hannahs (expired 10-day)||$47,371|
|Julian Washburn (two-way)|
|Yuta Watanabe (two-way)|
Quick: Currently over the cap, the tax threshold and hard-capped.
Salary Cap: $101,869,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $123,733,000
Hard Cap: $129,817,000
Roster Count: 16 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Mike Conley, Delon Wright, Jevon Carter
SG: Avery Bradley, Justin Holiday, Tyler Dorsey, Dillon Brooks (injured)
SF: Kyle Anderson, C.J. Miles, Bruno Caboclo, Yuta Watanabe (two-way), Julian Washburn (two-way), Chandler Parsons (not with team)
F: Jaren Jackson Jr., Ivan Rabb
C: Jonas Valanciunas, Joakim Noah, Tyler Zeller
Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Deyonta Davis, expiring 7/17/19) — $1,544,951
- Trade Exception (Jarell Martin, expiring 7/23/19) — $2,416,222
- Trade Exception (Garrett Temple, expiring 2/7/20) — $8,000,000
- Trade Exception (Shelvin Mack, expiring 2/7/20) — 1,512,601
- Disabled Player Exception (Dillon Brooks, expiring 3/11/19) — $689,121
- Mid-Level Exception — $0 (Kyle Anderson)
Waived Players: Omari Johnson, Myke Henry (two-way), Kobi Simmons (two-way), Dakari Johnson (stretched), Ismaila Kane, Markel Crawford, Brandon Goodwin, Doral Moore, Andrew Harrison, D.J. Stephens (two-way), Jarnell Stokes (two-way), Omri Casspi
Expired 10-Day Contracts: Bruno Caboclo, Dusty Hannahs
Traded Players: Jarell Martin, MarShon Brooks, Wayne Selden, Shelvin Mack, JaMychal Green, Garrett Temple, Marc Gasol
G-League Affiliate: Memphis Hustle (Chris Markis general manager, head coach Glynn Cyprien)
Two-Way Contracts: Yuta Watanabe (two-year), Juliana Washburn (two-year)
Two-Way Daily Rate in NBA/G-League: $4,608/$528
Head Coach: J.B. Bickerstaff
Assistants: Chad Forcier, Jerry Stackhouse, Greg Buckner, Vitaly Potapenko, Nick Van Exel, J.J. Outlaw (assistant coach/player development), Kevin Burleson (assistant coach/player development)
Trainers: David Crewe (head athletic trainer), Allen Gruver (medical director), Eric Oetter (director of performance)
- Chris Wallace — general manager, basketball operations
- John Hollinger — executive vice president, basketball operations\
- Chris Makris — director of player personnel
- Tayshaun Prince — special advisor to the general manager
- Zachary Kleiman — team counsel and assistant general manager
- 2019 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Boston Celtics (Zoran Dragic, Chris Andersen).
- 2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-eight protected, top-six in 2020 and unprotected in 2021) to Boston Celtics (Jeff Green).
- 2019 — Owe second-rounder to the Chicago Bulls (Justin Holiday).
- 2020 — Owe second-rounder to the Chicago Bulls (Justin Holiday).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore), may go to the Houston Rockets (56-60 range, Michael Carter-Williams).
- 2022 — Grizzlies have second-round swap rights with Detroit Pistons (James Ennis), may be Chicago Bulls second-rounder (Jameer Nelson).
- 2024 — Owed a second-rounder from the Toronto Raptors (Marc Gasol).
Cash Paid ($5,243,000 max): $1,544,951 to Sacramento Kings (Ben McLemore); $1,037,980 to Orlando Magic (Jarell Martin) — $2,660,069 remaining
Cash Received ($5,243,000 max): $0
- 5/1/18 — Hired J.B. Bickerstaff as head coach.
- 6/21/18 — Drafted Jaren Jackson Jr. (4th) and Jevon Carter (32nd).
- 7/1/18 — Signed Jaren Jackson Jr. (2018-4th) to a $29,280,440 rookie-scale contract.
- 7/5/18 — Wayne Selden’s $1,544,951 guaranteed for 2018-19.
- 7/6/18 — Signed restricted free agent Kyle Anderson (San Antonio Spurs) to a four-year, $37,156,300 offer sheet. The Spurs declined to match.
- 7/11/18 — Signed Omri Casspi to a one-year $2,176,260 minimum contract.
- 7/15/18 — Signed Jevon Carter (2018-32nd) to a two-year $2,255,316 contract.
- 7/17/18 — Renounced the rights to Mario Chalmers.
- 7/17/18 — Traded Deyonta Davis, Ben McLemore, a 2021 second-rounder and $1,544,951 to Sacramento Kings for Garrett Temple.
- 7/20/18 — Signed Yuta Watanabe to a two-year two-way contract.
- 7/23/18 — Traded Jarell Martin and $1,037,980 to Orlando Magic for Dakari Johnson and the rights to Tyler Harvey (2015-51st).
- 8/7/18 — Signed Shelvin Mack to a one-year $2,029,463 minimum contract.
- 8/10/18 — Signed Markel Crawford to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 8/29/18 — Signed Doral Moore to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/4/18 — Signed Brandon Goodwin to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 9/22/18 — Troy Daniels trade exception expired.
- 9/24/18 — Signed Ismaila Kane to a non-guaranteed one-year $838,464 minimum summer contract.
- 10/9/18 — Signed D.J. Stephens to a two-way contract.
- 12/4/18 — Signed Joakim Noah to a rest-of-season $1,731,173 minimum contract.
- 1/1/9 — Signed Jarnell Stokes to a two-way contract.
- 1/3/19 — Traded MarShon Brooks, Wayne Selden and two second-rounders (2019 and 2020) to the Chicago Bulls for Justin Holiday.
- 1/15/19 — Signed Julian Washburn to a two-year two-way contract.
- 1/24/19 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a 10-day $91,605 contract.
- 2/3/19 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a second 10-day $91,605 contract.
- 12/7/19 — Traded Shelvin Mack to the Atlanta Hawks for Tyler Dorsey.
- 2/7/19 — Traded Marc Gasol to the Toronto Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas, C.J. Miles, Delon Wright and a 2024 second-rounder.
- 12/7/19 — Traded JaMychal Green and Garrett Temple to the Los Angeles Clippers for Avery Bradley.
- 12/8/19 — James Ennis trade exception ($1,697,250) expired.
- 2/13/19 — Signed Bruno Caboclo to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,367,452 contract.
- 3/11/19 — Dillon Brooks disabled player exception expired.
- 3/30/19 — Signed Dusty Hannahs to a $47,371 10-day contract.
- 4/5/19 — Signed Tyler Zeller for the rest of the season at $64,185.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Wang Zhelin (2016-57th), Tyler Harvey (2015-51st)
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Arena: FedEx Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 4/17/19)
- Nets’ Ben Simmons (back) to remain out for at least 2 more weeks
- Mavericks’ Luka Doncic welcomes first child with fiancée Anamaria Goltes
- Trail Blazers granted $5.8 million disabled player exception for Robert Williams III
- Kevin Durant passes Moses Malone for 10th on NBA’s all-time scoring list
- After 14 games with Kings, Sasha Vezenkov admits that the NBA is faster than EuroLeague