Quick: Spent over the cap.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Projection for 2020-21 ($109.14 million cap): Over the cap, reportedly with a hard cap from acquiring Bogdan Bogdanovic via sign and trade.
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: Eight guaranteed, two player options, one non-guaranteed
PG: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill
SG: Donte DiVincenzo
SF: Khris Middleton, Thanasis Antetokounmpo
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Ersan Ilyasova
C: Brook Lopez, D.J. Wilson
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
Check transactions for reported trades.
- Mid-Level Exception — $9,258,000
- Bi-Annual Exception — $3,623,000
2020 NBA Draft: 24th ($2,193,480 cap hold, Malcolm Brogdon); 30th to the Boston Celtics (Eric Bledsoe, Ty Jerome), 60th to the New Orleans Pelicans (Nikola Mirotic)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
- Ersan Ilyasova $7,000,000 — 11/20/20
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates.
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
- Full Bird: Sterling Brown (RFA**, $2,023,150)
- Early Bird: Pat Connaughton ($1,620,564)
- Non-Bird: Robin Lopez ($5,720,400), Wesley Matthews ($1,620,564), Kyle Korver ($1,620,564), Marvin Williams ($1,620,564), Cameron Reynolds (RFA**, $1,445,697), Frank Mason (RFA**, $1,445,697)
** Restricted, pending qualifying offer.
- Sterling Brown — $2,023,150
- Cameron Reynolds — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
- Frank Mason — one-year two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed)
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
- DJ Wilson
- Donte DiVincenzo
Waived Players: None
Traded Players: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova, DJ Wilson (all reportedly)
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean vice president of basketball operations/general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: None
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Charles Lee, Ben Sullivan, Patrick St. Andrews, Josh Longstaff, Vin Baker, Chad Forcier, Mike Dunlap, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainer: Scott Faust
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Patrick Haneman — basketball strategy and operations manager
- 2021 — Owed a second-rounder (one year following the Indiana Pacers’ obligation to the Brooklyn Nets for Thaddeus Young) from the Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2022 — Owe a first-rounder (top-10 protected in 2022, conveys in 11-24 range in 2023, top-eight protected in 2024, otherwise converts to 2024 and 2025 second-rounders) to the Cleveland Cavaliers (George Hill), two years following the Boston Celtics’ obligation.
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
Note: Check transactions for reported trades.
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $0
- 11/18/20 — NBA Draft.
- 11/19/20 — Qualifying offer deadline on Sterling Brown, Cameron Reynolds and Frank Mason.
- 11/20/20 — Ersan Ilyasova’s $7 million guarantees for 2020-21.
- 11/20/20 — Free agent negotiations begin at 6:00 p.m. ET.
- 11/21/20 — NBA moratorium.
- 11/22/20 — Free agent signings begin at 12:01 p.m. ET.
- 11/27/20 — Deadline to withdraw qualifying offers to Sterling Brown, Cameron Reynolds and Frank Mason.
- 12/1/20 — First day of training camp.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson.
- 12/22/20 — First day of the 2021-22 season.
- 12/29/21 — Team option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 2/23/21 — Ten-day contracts can be signed.
- 6/29/21 — Qualifying offer deadline for D.J. Wilson.
- Note: 2021-22 timing will still need revision with 2020-21 running late.
- 8/1/21 — Final Day of 2020-21 season.
- 8/2/21 — Start of 2021-22 season and moratorium.
- TBD — George Hill’s $10,047,297 guarantees for 2021-22 (was 7/1/21, projected to be 8/2/2021).
- 8/6/21 — Final day of 2021-22 moratorium.
- First day of the 2021-22 season — Extension deadline on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/22 — Eric Bledsoe’s $19,375,000 guarantees for 2022-23.
- 6/29/22 — Qualifying offer deadline for Donte DiVincenzo.
- 6/29/23 — Player option on Khris Middleton.
Teams and players can renegotiate guarantee dates.
- 11/16/20 — Robin Lopez and Wesley Matthews opted out of their contracts.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to trade Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, 2020-24th (from the Indiana Pacers), 2024 first-round swap rights, a 2025 first-rounder, 2026 swap rights and a 2027 first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans for Jrue Holiday and a second-rounder (TBD) to the Cleveland Cavaliers to remove protection from the Bucks’ 2022 first-round obligation.
- TBD — Reportedly agreed to trade Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and DJ Wilson to the Sacramento Kings for Bogdan Bogdanovic (via sign and trade) and Justin James — but the trade may have collapsed.
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Arena: Fiserv Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 11/18/20)