|Jon Leuer (stretched)||$3,169,348|
|Larry Sanders (stretched)||$1,865,546|
|Rodions Kurucs (waived)||$1,780,152|
|Axel Toupane (two-way)|
|Justin Jackson (two-way)|
Quick: Over the cap and hard-capped by the DJ Augustin signing via the non-taxpayer mid-level exception.
Salary Cap: $109,140,000
Luxury Tax Threshold: $132,627,000
Hard Cap: $138,928,000
Roster Count: 15 guaranteed, two two-ways
PG: Jrue Holiday, Jeff Teague
SG: Donte DiVincenzo, Bryn Forbes, Sam Merrill, Elijah Bryant
SF: Khris Middleton, Pat Connaughton, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Jordan Nwora, Axel Toupane (two-way), Justin Jackson (two-way)
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo, PJ Tucker, Mamadi Diakite
C: Brook Lopez, Bobby Portis
*Note: Teams often adjust their depth chart throughout the season, sometimes game by game.
- Trade Exception (Torrey Craig, expiring 2/4/22) — $1,620,564
- Trade Exception (DJ Augustin, expiring 2/7/22) — $4,886,515
- Mid-Level Exception — $94,015 (DJ Augustin, Bryn Forbes, Mamadi Diakite)
- Bi-Annual Exception — $0 (Bobby Portis)
Waived Players: Ersan Ilyasova, Justin Patton, EJ Montgomery, Nik Stauskas, Treveon Graham, Jaylen Adams (two-way), Rodions Kurucs
Traded Players: Eric Bledsoe, George Hill, DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson, Torrey Craig
G-League Affiliate: Wisconsin Herd (Dave Dean general manager, Jordan Brady head coach)
Two-Way Contracts: Axel Toupane, Justin Jackson
Note: Two-Way Contracts pay $449,115 for the full 2020-21 season, pro-rated based on in-season signing date. Once a player reaches 50 games played, his salary will jump to the minimum for his years of service.
Governor: Marc Lasry
- Jon Horst — general manager
- Milt Newton — assistant general manager
- Dave Dean — vice president of basketball operations
- Ryan Hoover — vice president of global scouting
- Matt Bollero — director of scouting
- Tony Bollier — director of basketball operations
- Dave Babcock — vice president of player personnel
- Patrick Haneman — vice president, basketball strategy & analytics
Head Coach: Mike Budenholzer
Assistants: Darvin Ham, Charles Lee, Patrick St. Andrews, Chad Forcier, Ben Sullivan, Vin Baker, Mike Dunlap, Josh Oppenheimer
Trainer: Troy Flanagan (director of performance) Scott Faust (head athletic trainer)
- 2021 — Owe second-rounder to the Indiana Pacers (George Hill, Alec Burks, Nik Stauskas/Wade Baldwin).
- 2021 — Owe a first-rounder (top-nine protected) to the Houston Rockets (PJ Tucker). If the pick conveys to Houston, the Bucks will get the higher of the Philadelphia 76ers and Rockets 2021 second-rounder.
- 2022 — Forfeit second-rounder (Bogdan Bogdanovic).
- 2023 — Owe a first-rounder to the Houston Rockets (PJ Tucker).
- 2024 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owed a second-rounder from the Indiana Pacers (Malcolm Brogdon).
- 2025 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
- 2025 — Owe a second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers (Ilkan Karaman).
- 2026 — The New Orleans Pelicans have first-round swap rights (Jrue Holiday).
- 2026 — Owe a second-rounder to the Orlando Magic (Jordan Nwora).
- 2027 — Owe a first-rounder to the New Orleans Pelicans (Jrue Holiday).
Cash Paid ($5,617,000 max): $0
Cash Received ($5,617,000 max): $110,000 from the Phoenix Suns (Torrey Craig) — $5,507,000 remaining
- 11/16/20 — Robin Lopez and Wesley Matthews opted out of their contracts.
- 11/18/20 — Traded a 2026 second-rounder and a protected 2021 second-rounder to the Orlando Magic for the 45th pick in 2020.
- 11/18/20 — Drafted RJ Hampton (2020-24th) and Jordan Nwora (2020-45th).
- 11/18/20 — Traded a 2025 second-rounder to the Cleveland Cavaliers for the rights to Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th) and the removal of protection on the 2022 first-rounder owed from the Bucks.
- 11/19/20 — Waived Ersan Ilyasova.
- 11/19/20 — Issued a qualifying offer to Frank Mason.
- 11/19/20 — Declined to issue a qualifying offer to Sterling Brown and Cameron Reynolds.
- 11/21/20 — Revoked Frank Mason’s qualifying offer.
- 11/22/20 — Signed Jordan Nwora to a two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 11/23/20 — Traded the rights to RJ Hampton (2020-24th) to the Denver Nuggets, George Hill to the Oklahoma City Thunder, and Eric Bledsoe, 2025 and 2027 first-rounders, 2024 and 2026 swap rights to the New Orleans Pelicans for Jrue Holiday and the rights to Sam Merrill (2020-60th) from the Pelicans
- 11/23/20 — Re-signed Pat Connaughton to a three-year $16 million, player option on the final season.
- 11/23/20 — Signed Mamadi Diakite to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Bryn Forbes to a two-year $4,791,147 contract (player option on final season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Bobby Portis to a two-year $7,427,150 contract (player option on the final season).
- 11/24/20 — Signed Jaylen Adams to a two-way contract ($50,000 guaranteed).
- 11/25/20 — Signed Torey Craig to a $1,678,854 minimum contract.
- 11/27/20 — Signed DJ Augustin to a partially-guaranteed three-year $21 million contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed Justin Patton to a non-guaranteed $1,678,854 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Nik Stauskas to a non-guaranteed $1,882,867 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 11/30/20 — Signed Sam Merrill (2020-60th) to a partially-guaranteed two-year $2,416,291 minimum contract.
- 11/30/20 — Signed EJ Montgomery to a non-guarantees $898,310 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/1/20 — Signed Treveon Graham to a non-guaranteed $1,737,145 minimum summer contract (Exhibits 9 and 10).
- 12/15/20 — Re-signed Giannis Antetokounmpo to a five-year designated veteran extension at a projected $228,200,420 (player option on the final season). The exact salary to be determined at the start of the 2021-22 calendar year.
- 12/17/20 — Waived Justin Patton and EJ Montgomery.
- 12/19/20 — Waived Nik Stauskas and Treveon Graham.
- 12/21/20 — Forfeit 2022 second-rounder after NBA’s investigation into Bogdan Bogdanovic premature negotiation.
- 12/21/20 — Extension deadline on D.J. Wilson elapsed.
- 12/23/20 — Picked up the fourth-year rookie-scale option on Donte DiVincenzo.
- 3/4/21 — Waived Jaylen Adams (two-way).
- 3/14/21 — Signed Axel Toupane to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 3/18/21 — Traded Torrey Craig to the Phoenix Suns for $110,000.
- 3/19/21 — Renounced the rights to Kyle Korver and Marvin Williams.
- 3/19/21 — Traded DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson, a 2021 first-rounder (top-nine protected, if it conveys, the Bucks will get the higher of the Philadelphia 76ers and Houston Rockets) and a 2023 first-rounder to the Rockets for PJ Tucker, Rodions Kurucs and a Bucks’ 2022 first-rounder (back to Milwaukee).
- 4/1/21 — Signed Jeff Teague for the rest of the season to an $808,073 contract.
- 4/4/21 — Re-signed Jrue Holiday to a four-year $139.1 million (more with incentives TBD) extension with a player option on his final season (opting out of the final year of his original contract).
- 4/21/21 — Re-signed Mamadi Diakite to a partially-guaranteed three-year $3,460,775 contract, ending his two-way.
- 4/21/21 — Signed Justin Jackson to a non-guaranteed two-way contract.
- 5/12/21 — Waived Rodions Kurucs.
- 5/13/21 — Signed Elijah Bryant to a partially-guaranteed two-year $1,542,592 contract.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo — 15 percent
Note: Players can waive their trade bonuses.
No-Trade: Axel Toupane (signing restriction)
Expired 10-Day Contracts: None
Free Agents (with Cap Holds)
Unsigned Draft Picks
- First-rounders: None
- Second-rounders: Ilkan Karaman (2012-57th), Eurelijus Zukauskas (1995-54th), Andrei Fetisov (1994-36th)
Non-Guaranteed Salaries — Next Cut-Down Date*
* Players and teams can agree to push back cut-down dates but not past January 7 each year.
Rookie-Scale Extension Eligible
Arena: Fiserv Forum
Salary and team data change quite often. If you notice a discrepancy, please notify Basketball Insiders Senior Writer Eric Pincus.
(Updated on 5/28/21)